Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gangsta_795 View Post
    No...the 560Ti costs $300 and the 7850 costs $450

Because then it will cost too much.
    (potentially going off topic :P ) $450 for a 7850? Im in Australia where we get seriously gouged for hardware prices and a 7850 is going for around $250. Seeing as a percentage of that price is more than just the chip it self (packaging, shipping and pc specific requirements) Could potentially see a 7850, or something close to it, in a console environment.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Red Hot Chili PeppersAC/DCEvanescenceNirvanaSteamEA LogoDiablo IIINvidiaManchester UnitedLightningPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by Sajuuk Khar View Post
    (potentially going off topic :P ) $450 for a 7850? Im in Australia where we get seriously gouged for hardware prices and a 7850 is going for around $250. Seeing as a percentage of that price is more than just the chip it self (packaging, shipping and pc specific requirements) Could potentially see a 7850, or something close to it, in a console environment.
    Oh right. Sorry about that; I seem to be misinformed. My bad.
    [CENTER]You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim

560 Ti

7850 is cheaper than 560ti lol

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Red Hot Chili PeppersAC/DCEvanescenceNirvanaSteamEA LogoDiablo IIINvidiaManchester UnitedLightningPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post

560 Ti

7850 is cheaper than 560ti lol
    Oh right. Sorry about that; I seem to be misinformed. My bad.
    [CENTER]You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    i would be really happy if PS4 games looked like that but frist gention ps4 games wont look that good

6. Likes Lefein likes this post

No...the 560Ti costs $300 and the 7850 costs $450
    http://www.kitguru.net/components/gr...tackle-nvidia/
    1GB 7850 down $40 to $190
    2GB 7850 also drops $40 to $210
    2GB 7870 down $50 to $250
    3GB 7950 down $30 to $320
    You are way in the past with those prices, not even at launch this 7850 cost so much!

PSU Media Manager
    PSN ID
    King_Dank_Kush
    Amazing to see how far the detail in video-game visuals has come in the last decade. If first gen games on the engine will look like that, imagine what will be possible once developers have a grasp on the tools.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    That toad is the pinnacle of real time graphics

Ultimate Veteran
    i expect PS4 games to look like this and a little better

Ultimate Veteran
    I can only hope this is used as much as the Unreal Engine was this gen. Not really sure what else we can ask for out of videogame graphics next gen.

I would like graphical enhancements. The PS3 shows good graphics and all but I think there is always room for improvement.

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    I can only hope this is used as much as the Unreal Engine was this gen. Not really sure what else we can ask for out of videogame graphics next gen.
    I certainly would love to see the CryEngine4 currently on development.
    We haven't yet seen the best CE has to offer.
    -------
    Couple of nice blog posts about OpenGL.
    The Truth on OpenGL Driver Quality
    Things that drive me nuts about OpenGL

Yeah if you are expecting a console to cost as much as your good computer then you will get the best graphics.
    If not though expect a minor upgrade of the graphics that are currently there and for it to also play DVDs lol.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Quote Originally Posted by PlaystationGuru View Post
    Yeah if you are expecting a console to cost as much as your good computer then you will get the best graphics.
    If not though expect a minor upgrade of the graphics that are currently there and for it to also play DVDs lol.
    Nope, this will be the first wave of ps4 games that will look like this. Late next gen we may be reaching Agni's philosophy graphics

Forum Guru
    Nope, this will be the first wave of ps4 games that will look like this. Late next gen we may be reaching Agni's philosophy graphics
    I'm sure that the games will surpass Agni and surprisingly early.
    Agni does use resources for some silly things due to the nature of it's CGI roots. (IE. characters having toes even though they are wearing boots.)

Agni also uses pre-baked lighting and other standard things allowing it to be good looking without using silly amount of resources for ambient lighting.
    Demo ran on single gtx680 at around 30-60fps depending on scene.
    http://translate.google.com/translat...2.html&act=url
    -------

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    With the amounts of polys Agni is pushing, real time Global illumination would be killer for even 680

Forum Guru
    With the amounts of polys Agni is pushing, real time Global illumination would be killer for even 680
    The main calculation on the lighting is already done on offline server farm, actual runtime component isn't bad. (some SE papers on subject.)

There are plenty of games which use spherical harmonics lightmaps with irradiance volumes for dynamic objects. (IE. halo3 uses SH lightmaps.)
    Irradiance volumes are used for dynamic objects even on phone games as it is quite cheap.

The UE4 cone tracing is lot more demanding GI method.

edit:
    Ups, didn't notice the poly thing.
    The polycount isn't really a problem with most realtime GI methods as they usually change the scene presentation into something else.
    Battlefield 3 uses simplified scene presentation and precomputed light transfer information for GI.
    Voxel cone tracing uses just in time created voxel presentation so polygon density and such doesn't really matter.
    Crysis light propagation volumes which are also pretty much scene detail independent.
    Last edited by jlippone; 12-03-2012 at 14:56. Reason: Added GI links.
    -------

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    If only we could see the same level of the first Killzone CGI trailer in 2005 on the PS4, i would be really happy.

Quote Originally Posted by brebaz View Post
    If only we could see the same level of the first Killzone CGI trailer in 2005 on the PS4, i would be really happy.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-4HNmuEAKg

If you look at this trailer today it's really not that impressive. The only thing the would still raise some eye brows is the smoke and probably fire effects. Lighting too, gives it that feel of pre rendered. Everything else though, is pretty meh. What you've seen in that trailer will easily be surpassed next generation.

I mean, even the first ingame killzone 2 trailer looked pretty close to it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEOFvsOFhJM . Now imagine what next gen technology will bring to the table ^_^
    Last edited by baho; 12-03-2012 at 19:08.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by baho View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-4HNmuEAKg

If you look at this trailer today it's really not that impressive. The only thing the would still raise some eye brows is the smoke and probably fire effects. Lighting too, gives it that feel of pre rendered. Everything else though, is pretty meh. What you've seen in that trailer will easily be surpassed next generation.

I mean, even the first ingame killzone 2 trailer looked pretty close to it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEOFvsOFhJM . Now imagine what next gen technology will bring to the table ^_^
    look how fluid the 2005 CGI trailer looked, now look at any game right now, you won't see a single game with the same fluidity of that CGI trailer. Particle, light effects, fire, smoke, animation & characters, nothing even comes close to that right now.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    2005 demo looks ugly as hell by today's standards
    KZ3 more than matched that demo. Ofcourse some effects are impossible to be done in realtime on ps3 like the ones shown in the demo

Superior Member

Anybody get the feeling a Battletoads resurrection is going to take the next-gen by storm? ... me either

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid

Thtas why SLI exists

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    SHAZZMAZZ
    Items PS3 Slim
    Has anyone notice that when a new console came out the first few games that come out for it the graphics look awesome, then the games after that dont look as good
    or is it just me
    The Last of Us, Anime, Rosie Jones

No matter what race you are or what you look like or your sexuality or where you come from, We are all the same people and we are all bothers & sisters so love each other & don't let anyone tell you any different.

Remember you can't choose what you are from birth but you can choose what you want to become.

Just because you haven't seen them doesn't mean they are not there we all got to have something to believe in.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAZZMAZZ View Post
    Has anyone notice that when a new console came out the first few games that come out for it the graphics look awesome, then the games after that dont look as good
    or is it just me
    Actually your're wrong. The first few games have graphics the same as the last console. The ones that come after continue to improve graphics.

27. Likes MonkeyClaw likes this post

Thread Information