Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Just had a crazy idea about MGS5...

So, as we all know there isn't many rumours about MGS5 yet..but there are some. Many predicting it will be yet another prequel featuring Big Boss..and there was this screen ages ago previewing the new Fox engine from Kojima Productions.

Now atm I am replaying MGS4 for the trophies and I am currently watching the ending..here's the thing. Drebin says he was raised by The Patriots and was forced to become a child soldier just like Raiden. Could there be a connection between him and the boy in the shot above?

Thoughts? Maybe Big Boss meets him when he is a kid?
    Last edited by Dave-The-Rave; 08-11-2012 at 13:48.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    I am really hoping they find a cure for Solid Snake. He is still young and I would like to see him team up with Meryl, Johnny, Otacon, Raiden, and even Sunny, one more time.

Since Liquid, Ocelot, Big Boss, Vamp, and Zero are dead, it would be nice to see a new villain all together.

Naomi was pretty hot, so I would like to see a few clones of her in the next lol. That nurse outfit was real nice.
    Last edited by Lethal; 08-11-2012 at 00:41.

3. Likes Lebowski likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    So, as we all know there isn't many rumours about MGS5 yet..but there are some. Many predicting it will be yet another prequel featuring Big Boss..and there was this screen ages ago previewing the new Fox engine from Kojima Productions.

Now atm I am replaying MGS4 for the trophies and I am currently watching the ending..here's the thing. Drebin says he was raised by The Patriots and was forced to become a child soldier just like Raiden. Could there be a connection between him and the boy in the shot above?

THAT would be $#@!ing awesome. Drebin is a cool character and I wouldn't mind seeing him grow up. I'm actually really looking forward to Revengeance after replaying MGS4. I like Raiden a lot more in 4 than I did in 2 lol. His over the top badassness vs the gekkos and especially Vamp has me wanting to control that and play as him. MGS 4 really accentuates how awesome the whole plot of MGS is. It's convoluted as $#@! but MGS4 answered a lot of the questions and brought all of the games together in terms of the history (but also left A LOT of story yet to be told! ie Big Boss vs Zero in the early days.I will take whatever Kojima adds to this amazing and epic franchise.

Last edited by Ghost; 08-11-2012 at 00:43.

Ancient

Yes, definitely
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    I am really hoping they find a cure for Solid Snake. He is still young and I would like to see him team up with Meryl, Johnny, Otacon, Raiden, and even Sunny, one more time.

Since Liquid, Big Boss, Vamp, and Zero are dead, it would be nice to see a new villain all together.

Naomi was pretty hot, so I would like to see a few clones of her in the next lol. That nurse outfit was real nice.
    Yes most definitely, MGS2 he got shoved to the side, MGS3 was about his dad & 4 they made him old & tried to kill him
    anyway, nanomachines!
    they made Vamp immortal & kept Naomi's cancer at bay, I sure they can cook something up besides eggs, and I'm sure that'll be relevant to it

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    THAT would be $#@!ing awesome. Drebin is a cool character and I wouldn't mind seeing him grow up. I'm actually really looking forward to Revengeance after replaying MGS4. I like Raiden a lot more in 4 than I did in 2 lol. His over the top badassness vs the gekkos and especially Vamp has me wanting to control that and play as him. MGS 4 really accentuates how awesome the whole plot of MGS is. It's convoluted as $#@! but MGS4 answered a lot of the questions and brought all of the games together in terms of the history (but also left A LOT of story yet to be told! ie Big Boss vs Zero in the early days.I will take whatever Kojima adds to this amazing and epic franchise.

I may or may not play Revengence..its already been confirmed that the story isn't canon..which would probably be the only reason I would play it.

Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Yes, definitely

Yes most definitely, MGS2 he got shoved to the side, MGS3 was about his dad & 4 they made him old & tried to kill him
    anyway, nanomachines!
    they made Vamp immortal & kept Naomi's cancer at bay, I sure they can cook something up besides eggs, and I'm sure that'll be relevant to it
    I really think Snake's story is over..even more so after the final scene of 4 when Big Boss tells him to lead the rest of his life as a man and not a snake. Besides everything connected to him is done and dusted, there isn't much point in introducing a new villain.
    Trophy-licious!

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    I guess Kojima is a Police Squad/Naked gun fan because for me the name Drebin instantly makes me think of...

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I may or may not play Revengence..its already been confirmed that the story isn't canon..which would probably be the only reason I would play it.
    Man, that sucks...

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    There's certainly a lot of mystery about Drebin, like how he always shows up at the right time for Snake in the game and has the right weapon or advice, but I like that mystery to stay a mystery. I'd rather see more Big Boss and how he expands Outer Haven, how he trains his son, Solid Snake. How he turns on him for not understanding his vision.

I can't see any more sequels for Solid Snake set in the future unless you introduce a new character that carries on his legacy or an existing character, but a lot of people, including myself, will have a problem with that because we all grew up with Snake and cannot see past him. No one can take his place.

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    There's certainly a lot of mystery about Drebin, like how he always shows up at the right time for Snake in the game and has the right weapon or advice, but I like that mystery to stay a mystery. I'd rather see more Big Boss and how he expands Outer Haven, how he trains his son, Solid Snake. How he turns on him for not understanding his vision.

I can't see any more sequels for Solid Snake set in the future unless you introduce a new character that carries on his legacy or an existing character, but a lot of people, including myself, will have a problem with that because we all grew up with Snake and cannot see past him. No one can take his place.
    Indeed, afterall Solid Snake is Metal Gear
    Even the Boss and Big Boss serve to tell Snakes Story and I think like all heroes when all is said and done someone will rise, it would be very foolish to to think it ends with the patriots, if Snake rises to them is another story

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    I can really imagine that kid as Drebin. I imagine the cutscene now.

Big Boss: "Hey kid, what's your name?"
    Drebin: "I'm (Insert real name here)..*Takes off hat to show blonde/white hair*..but you can call me Drebin."

..then later in the game it shows how he gets the scar on his head, maybe a new ninja cuts him.

lol, one can dream.
    Trophy-licious!

Thread Information