Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Sony's attempt to return the Playstation to glory

Superior Member
    This is what someone posted as a response to the linked article. Sorry, but I just had to post because it is exactly what we read here at PSU.

B2S
    August 11, 2012 at 1:28 am

A guide to spot signs of radical Playstation fanboism as a person or a site :

1. Listing both current and upcoming games that only matter to him/her/it, only to give an illusion of megaton list. Using the ‘We’ word as if he/she/it represents the world.

2. NPD or Narcisstic Personality Disorder, a self-glorious stranger who thinks he/she/it’s the most important jackass on the net. Telling a personal opinion as an absolute fact.

3. Sales-induced comments/articles, spamming readers like selling snake oils. (eg: 10 earth-shattering ps3 games you must own, my vita can heal my backpains, i’m getting a second vita so it’s well worth your money, etc.)

4. Anger or Mad Disorder sign shows up in comments that lead to cursing at others. Some will cover it using smiley happy symbols or Lol stuffs, but in reality they’re suffering from insomnia scratching butts like crazy, waiting desperately to see miracles on playstation sales. Even Kevin Butler is paid to cheer up for Sony.

5. Using ‘trolling!’ or ‘shut up!’ or ‘fan haters!’ or similar terms as final defense when the fanboy cannot openly accept real facts crushing his fanboyish opinions and mental issues.

6. Spewing hatred at any other brand that’s more succesful in terms of innovation, reviews, and sales. It screams anti-competition or monopolistic mentality. Sadly, they’ve been brainwashed and outsmarted by their own puppeteer – Sony.

7. Can’t stand constructive critics anymore. To them, Sony can’t commit sins or wrong decisions. Everything made by Sony is so f*ng holy. Speaking of taboo “sheeps” or “tools”.

8. Exclusive Attention Deprived Disorder. Almost the same like #2, but they need exclusive treatments in the form of exclusive games. Pretty much like drug dealer and drug abuser relationship. They’re more than happy to lose dimes for the master just for the exclusive fix.

9. Judging others of being ‘jealous’ because they don’t have as many exclusives, yet those exclusive games cannot bring their beloved console up to the #1 sales spot globally.

10. Double-standard or Bi-Polar Disorder. They will blame MS or Nintendo for propriety HD, but suddenly support Sony for Vita’s propriety flash memory. Milking Grand Turismo franchise is totally fine, but milking Halo franchise is a huge No. It’s OK for Sony to trick sales (newer SKUs every x year), but not so for Activision (newer CODs every y year).
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

3. Likes *goo, F34R , Ezekiel, MacP likes this post
    Super Elite
    This is so true.
    Sent from my computer using keyboard.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    We see some of those, now and then on all sides at psu, PS3,360, PC. Consumerism is like that, it builds brand loyalty. As much as these opinions are championed though, I think it'spretty clear to everyone here that it's 300% subjective.
    Last edited by Ghost; 08-11-2012 at 13:27.

6. Likes Fijiandoce likes this post
    Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    We see some of those, now and then on all sides at psu, PS3,360, PC. Consumerism is like that, it builds brand loyalty. As much as these opinions are championed though, I think it'spretty clear to everyone here that it's 300% subjective.
    I'm gonna tip-toe on this so that I don't offend, but this is rampant here. I don't want to call anyone out but I can link to at least 20+ posts in one thread alone.

Personally, I think brand loyalty is fool-hearty because it blinds a consumer to the truth. Some consumers even go as far as to think that companies actually care about their customers. This can't be further from the truth. Being in the real corporate real world for over 20 years, I can say without a shadow of a doubt that they don't. They only care as long as they are profiting.

8. Likes *goo, GalapagosaraY likes this post
    Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    This is what someone posted as a response to the linked article. Sorry, but I just had to post because it is exactly what we read here at PSU.
    That's no reason to derail Radgamer's thread

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Yeah...OT. A return to the glory days for Sony would be great. They just need to push forward and create a new and innovative kind of value for their product and service. Get creative with Gaikai and full BC for the last 3 gens, bolster the online functionality and keep the flow of games coming and they will be heading in the right direction.

Superior Member
    I believe to get back on track Sony needs to concentrate on what got them here and stop trying to be a jack of all trades.

Make a great home console and continue pushing first party games from their in-house studios.

They are trying to be everything to everyone and it's costing them (literally and figuratively).

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    akhi216
    Sound more like Apple iFanatics to me.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by akhi216 View Post
    So, iFanatics read what PS3 fanatics post, then relay it to others....no difference.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I think if Sony will create PS4 with more traditional PC type hardware architecture making it more developer friendly for 3rd party and price it competitively that will be a huge step forward. Also give PSN more of a community feel with a nicer interface. Combine that with their solid 1st party and you have a winner. Of course Sony needs to take some lessons from MS in how to market their console and its games. That will be vital as well.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    akhi216
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    So, iFanatics read what PS3 fanatics post, then relay it to others....no difference.
    You mad bro?

Superior Member
    I disagree. If you read some some threads here at PSU it's painfully obvious that this issue exists here.

I also have to disagree about the Apple owners. Having had Android phones since Verizon released them and being a member of several Android forums, I can attest to the fact that there are as many Google fanatics as there are iPhone fanatics.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    akhi216
    I disagree. If you read some some threads here at PSU it's painfully obvious that this issue exists here.

I also have to disagree about the Apple owners. Having had Android phones since Verizon released them and being a member of several Android forums, I can attest to the fact that there are as many Google fanatics as there are iPhone fanatics.
    I never heard anyone say that Android games will replace console games in x amount of years like the iOS fanatics nor do I see Android fanatics claiming that Android devices are game consoles in the class of PS3, Xbox 360, etc. like the iOS fanatics hence my point. And similar to what F34R posted, "if Android fanatics read what iOS fanatics post then relay it to others...no difference."
    Last edited by akhi216; 08-11-2012 at 20:46.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    The PS4 is going to be the most important console in the next gen. Sony NEEDS to get it right this time.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Superior Member
    I never heard anyone say that Android games will replace console games in x amount of years like the iOS fanatics nor do I see Android fanatics claiming that Android devices are game consoles like the iOS fanatics hence my point. And similar to what F34R posted, "if Android fanatics read what iOS fanatics post then relay it to others...no difference."
    Sorry, I didn't realize that you were referring to only one narrow aspect of iOS fan comments when you threw out the generalized iFanatics comment. My bad!

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    akhi216
    Sorry, I didn't realize that you were referring to only one narrow aspect of iOS fan comments when you threw out the generalized iFanatics comment. My bad!
    No worries guy.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    You mad bro?
    Never.

Yeah, seeing the comments done from both sides if one of the most amusing things on earth lol. Honestly.
    Exactly.

Superior Member

This is the funniest thread I've ever read! lol One set of fan boys is not as bad as others. lol I've seen elitism from PCers, 360'ers, PS3'ers, Android'ers, MAC users, Nintendo'ers, heck Car junkies, gun enthusiasts and I could go on and on about people believing their $#@! is bigger than someone elses. They all are equally as bad when they start spewing trash.

All I know is I enjoy my MAC computer, my Android phone, my BMW, my Remington, and my PS3. I don't care what other people like more power to them. I've tried many products and so on and settled with what works best for me and what I enjoy best. I don't try to sell it to anyone but I will give my honest humble opinion/testimony on why I enjoy it. Pot calling the kettle black is just rediculous but it happens so whatever.

As for getting back to glory. I think Sony can do it. They definately have enough skilled engineers, development studios, and distribution channels. They have the money and brand awareness...they simply just have to get select the right product, give it the right features, at the right price, market it well, and then support it with content. They definately have that possibility.

I really think if they get their product out the same time as Microsoft with pretty equal features and abilities at a similar price...they can find a chance to have more success. I think so many kids picked up 360s because their friends did first and it built on itself and so on. One kid gets it ...then another in the class..and it becomes the one to get because you can game together...and Sony came late to the party and had high barriers to entrance (price/less online features). If Sony improves on these online features and support and get it out there the same time as the 360...they have a shot at winning that battle. We shall see.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Yeah usually the reason why people will say one set of fanboys isnt as bad as the other is because those fanboys happen to prefer the same console that they do. lol

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    I think due to the financal loss sony had recently they need the PS4 to be the top gaming system next gen. It'll be hard no doubt. Guess we will see at e3 next year. Ill still own both consoles and really don't prefer one majorly over the other.

And yes this thread is funny lol
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    I think due to the financal loss sony had recently they need the PS4 to be the top gaming system next gen. It'll be hard no doubt. Guess we will see at e3 next year. Ill still own both consoles and really don't prefer one majorly over the other. And yes this thread is funny lol
    Yeah I own both and enjoy them equally each for different reasons.

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Not only was that quote irrelevant to the topic, but it also sounds like you have a personal problem with certain individuals on PSU. Did you even read the contents of that quote?. Everything in there makes it sound like people have some sort of medical disorder and goes on to degrade them.

On Topic: I really do hope that Sony pulls out of their Online Pass practice and instead shift their focus on creating a variety of IP's with consumer friendly services(Passes is anti-consumer no matter how you want to see it). I also believe that making a new IP and creating at least one Sequel or prequel will keep things fresh. I'm thinking more on the future and their acquisition of Gaikai which could make their next console hardware their last(Since they wouldn't have to keep upgrading generation after generation). Last but not least, make their next gen console cheaper!.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    akhi216
    Quote Originally Posted by FonFahbre View Post
    On Topic: I really do hope that Sony pulls out of their Online Pass practice and instead shift their focus on creating a variety of IP's with consumer friendly services(Passes is anti-consumer no matter how you want to see it).
    I agree with this. If your business is in the red, adopting an anti-consumer practice should not be on your agenda.

28. Likes Fon likes this post
    I'm A Monster!
    Items User name style
    You mad bro?
    I'm mad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sig By FinalReaper.
    Socom/Trophy Card.

Thread Information