Latest PSU headlines:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Of course they are! It's clear that a portable device that costs as much as a console and has R18 games and some of the biggest core franchises in the industry was devised with kids in mind.
    Of course. What was I thinking? lol

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    So you consider games like Uncharted, AC Liberation, COD, Killzone, Wipeout 2048, etc. kiddie? Those are games that are on the Vita or coming to the Vita.
    I consider the console itself kid oriented no matter what you put on it.

Let's face it, game ratings are meaningless. Have you ever played Halo or CoD online and NOT run into little kids? How about GTA or Red Dead? Ever run into a kid playing that? I bet you have.

Have you ever been in GameStop or Best Buy and witnessed a parent buying an M rated game for their kid?

The day that game ratings stop kids from playing M rated games is the day I'll go back to playing online.

I still see no valid argument as to why handhelds aren't kid oriented.

- Price? Nope, kids get consoles and handhelds as presents or save for them.

- Games? Nope, kids get the games they want regardless of ratings.

Do a little field work and see who is actually playing these things. Aside from a handful of people here (who's ages I will assume are in the adult range) you'll find a vast majority are kids.
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

3. Dislikes Fijiandoce is confounded by the utter nonsense of this most disagreeable post
    Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    I consider the console itself kid oriented no matter what you put on it.

Let's face it, game ratings are meaningless. Have you ever played Halo or CoD online and NOT run into little kids? How about GTA or Red Dead? Ever run into a kid playing that? I bet you have.

Have you ever been in GameStop or Best Buy and witnessed a parent buying an M rated game for their kid?

The day that game ratings stop kids from playing M rated games is the day I'll go back to playing online.

I still see no valid argument as to why handhelds aren't kid oriented.

- Price? Nope, kids get consoles and handhelds as presents or save for them.

- Games? Nope, kids get the games they want regardless of ratings.

Do a little field work and see who is actually playing these things. Aside from a handful of people here (who's ages I will assume are in the adult range) you'll find a vast majority are kids.
    Basically we should take your personal experience as gospel?

In my personal experience the only people I see with a Vita in my area are adults. Kids seem to stir away from it and all have Nintendo handhelds. But I suppose YOUR personal experience is a better indications of reality right?

I have news for everyone here, regardless of what platforms they are on, they are GAMES, WE are all kids!!!! And I'm mighty proud to be a kiddo at heart!!!

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

5. Likes Fijiandoce wishes they had posted this first.
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    I consider the console itself kid oriented no matter what you put on it. Let's face it, game ratings are meaningless. Have you ever played Halo or CoD online and NOT run into little kids? How about GTA or Red Dead? Ever run into a kid playing that? I bet you have. Have you ever been in GameStop or Best Buy and witnessed a parent buying an M rated game for their kid? The day that game ratings stop kids from playing M rated games is the day I'll go back to playing online. I still see no valid argument as to why handhelds aren't kid oriented. - Price? Nope, kids get consoles and handhelds as presents or save for them. - Games? Nope, kids get the games they want regardless of ratings. Do a little field work and see who is actually playing these things. Aside from a handful of people here (who's ages I will assume are in the adult range) you'll find a vast majority are kids.
    The only portable I see "kids" playing are the Nintendo ones. Sony themselves even said Vitas target audience with the Vita is core gamers in their 20's and older. But I guess you've done all the "field work" so your word is the definitive one. lol

7. Likes Fijiandoce wishes they had posted this first.
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Knight View Post
    Little big planet karting=kiddie Karts instead of carts. That would be a child's mindset. We know as you get older we want cars.
    Playstation all stars battle royale= Not kiddie? Why? It's a fighting game for one and i'm Not saying fighting games are not or can't be aimed at kids. Second it's got characters from way back in the day and you would have to be older to even know these characters to be intrigued. Once again, i'm not saying kids won't play this game because they'll see fat princess, new dante, cole and others for instance. I'm just explaining my reasoning on what games are kiddie/casual. Also, in the end though, you shouldn't care about age groups/the often someone else plays a game. I'm glad there are different gamers because that means differents thinking and i don't care if a game is aimed at a certain group. I'll play it if it's good and that's the bottom line because i said so (Stone cold refernce)
    HEY who u calling a kid? Ill whip out my 3ds anywhere lmao...

I agree with the previous poster games are for kids so we are all kids lmao

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    The only portable I see "kids" playing are the Nintendo ones. Sony themselves even said Vitas target audience with the Vita is core gamers in their 20's and older. But I guess you've done all the "field work" so your word is the definitive one. lol
    Well unlike Sony, he did extensive "research"... Loll

Next Gen top picks:

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by snooper71 View Post
    lol Yep. Maybe he can share the results of his "field work" with Sony. lol

Elite Member

The only lol is coming from Nintendo who are selling craploads of DS regardless of whether kids are playing them, while Sony must have be abandoned by their research and 20 year old mature audience.

Either way, despite casual games being a diversion, they are also a big opportunity for $$$, underestimate them at your peril.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Nintendo looks at this thread and LOL's

Then counts the 14 billion in cash reserves.....damn is Nintendo hiring? Lol

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    Nintendo looks at this thread and LOL's

Then counts the 14 billion in cash reserves.....damn is Nintendo hiring? Lol

Fils always looks like the jolly guy!!!

I do my casual gaming on smartphone. And its not a whole lot if it, but the casual market is indeed something Sony should not brush off with the back of their hands, without forgetting the core gamers of course.

Next Gen top picks:

Elite Member

Fils always looks like the jolly guy!!!

I do my casual gaming on smartphone. And its not a whole lot if it, but the casual market is indeed something Sony should not brush off with the back of their hands, without forgetting the core gamers of course.
    That is where it hits hard with potential market - smartphones/ facebook/ Ipads and weak computers at home and workplace - people who don't really game probably have access to at least one.

Even if some spent small amounts on micro-transactions and played less than 5 minutes a day, it could still give you big enough profits to be a serious consideration.

If sony extended their gaming brand in some form to this they could capture a big market - introduce quality core style gaming diluted to be pick up and play for short bursts in java with extra rewards and trophies transferable if you have a vita or ps3.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by Super_Lilith View Post
    The only lol is coming from Nintendo who are selling craploads of DS regardless of whether kids are playing them, while Sony must have be abandoned by their research and 20 year old mature audience.

Either way, despite casual games being a diversion, they are also a big opportunity for $$$, underestimate them at your peril.
    What? Nintendo are losing shitloads on the 3DS, guess you didn't see their latest fiscal numbers.
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyreactor
    Nothing more exciting than bringing home a brand new console and watching a download screen for a hour.

yay, next gen!

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Nintendo posted a lose however that's the First loss in 25+ years and are expecting to be profitable by the first qtr of 2013...which by business standards is a fast turn around.

3ds are selling software is selling if the Wii U is a hit Nintendo will be banking again. They are killing it in japan hell you know this bro u post the numbers lol...

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Sales are different from profits, and they made a loss last year too IIRC.
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyreactor
    Nothing more exciting than bringing home a brand new console and watching a download screen for a hour.

yay, next gen!

Forum Elder
    So you consider games like Uncharted, AC Liberation, COD, Killzone, Wipeout 2048, etc. kiddie? Those are games that are on the Vita or coming to the Vita.
    i'd not consider them kiddie, but they are a reason why i'll never buy a Vita. already have the bettr versions on console.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    What? Nintendo are losing shitloads on the 3DS, guess you didn't see their latest fiscal numbers.
    True however they are not taking a loss on software and they are selling a lot of software also with the 3ds redesign I'm sure manufacturing cost are down on the hard and they are atleast breaking even with the hardware at this point any loss they maybe taking on the hardware side is being countered by great software sale numbers and the next couple of months are looking great for software release.

It all comes down (for nintendo) how well the wii U does based on research I've done looks like it cost about 180 to 200 to make 50 alone with the gamepad. If it retails at 299.99 as I'm expecting it has a great chance of selling well. I firmly believe new super mario wii U is going to be a huge boost in sales for the Wii U even tho we have seen a lot from that series in the past few years.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    If you read my post properly on the DS you would see I was clearly talking about sales , you just have to look at the charts and all time sold to see they are decimating the competition in sales.

the $$$ bit is back on topic hence new paragraph.
    Last edited by Super_Lilith; 08-26-2012 at 22:21.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    i'd not consider them kiddie, but they are a reason why i'll never buy a Vita. already have the bettr versions on console.
    Uncharted, COD, Killzone, AC Liberation, etc. are all separate versions only on the Vita. Thats why I only buy the Vita exclusives. There are no console versions of those. Those IPs you can find on consoles but not the particular games.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 08-26-2012 at 23:18.

Elite Member
    im just gonna throw this out there all games are for kids and your as old as you feel and that can change at any moment. as far as all handheld gaming being for kids i disagree i dont see kids playing on the go any more than i see adults. Handheld gaming just isnt as immersive as console or pc gaming so i would expect more people to game at home. Casual and hardcore gamers on the other hand are usually playing thier games on cellphones, because they are cheap games that you can play in 5-10min of downtime. Must people dont have time for a 5hr campaign on the go. I have a vita and im not a busy person and i havent purchased a single game i ditched my cellphone and got a 3g/4g wifi vita.

i think the idea of a dedicated handheld device isnt easy to pull off seeing that only two companies are playing this dangerous game. I think a game like devil may cry on the vita or castlevania were to come out on the viga with cross play extra content like episodes of dmc or castlevania being unlocked as you play through. People would be all over it. Sony has to come out with a blend of traditional gaming and something casual. Dont just give me killzone portable with nothing to really encourge me to continue playing.
    "I think all those developers who are saying, "We donít want to do a PS3 game," or "Itís really difficult to do it," should shut up and make their games. If you have time to complain about it, then you should be spending your time working on getting the most from the hardware."

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    They aren't even a distraction for me..most of them (Example being Angry Birds) are so boring they can't hold my attention at all.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

24. Likes Fijiandoce wishes they had posted this first.
    Ancient
    I agree Dave, being a gamer I'm always tempted with games on my phone, but its not where its at, they just get deleted cuz I rather save the space for actual apps instead of hurding games which I only play when I install them and they end up just sitting there in my app draw for months
    And I've been playing Shadows of the damned this week and.....I kinda can't agree with the whole all games are for kids thing
    Now take my BIG BONER

Sent via Codec
    Last edited by TGO; 08-27-2012 at 08:07.

"Xbox is about to become the next water coolerĒ

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    I agree Dave, being a gamer I'm always tempted with games on my phone, but its not where its at, they just get deleted cuz I rather save the space for actual apps instead of hurding games which I only play when I install them and they end up just sitting there in my app draw for months
    And I've been playing Shadows of the damned this week and.....I kinda can't agree with the whole all games are for kids thing
    Now take my BIG BONER

Sent via Codec
    i think at some point generally between the age of 6-25 you decide if your going to be a gamer. At 23 though gaming is starting to lose its grip on me the gamer inside of me doesnt want to let go though i must have a ps4 or at least a decent rig with 3 monitors
    "I think all those developers who are saying, "We donít want to do a PS3 game," or "Itís really difficult to do it," should shut up and make their games. If you have time to complain about it, then you should be spending your time working on getting the most from the hardware."

Elite Member

Casual games and hardcore games are two different markets that only slightly cross. Those people that find hardcore games too geeky, scary and uncool will be those that occasionally get out their minecraft, farmville and angry birds.

Casual phone games are not where it is at for the gamer who owns and regularly plays the PS3, but for Sarah the office worker who probably owns an Iphone 4 and works on a computer with internet, she is the angry bird player.

I think if Sony can use their hardcore gaming experience and bridge that gap, they could increase their market beyond 15-30 year old males.

Remember, the casual market is not for you, you already have your bellies filled and find them boring, it is for those who bought the Wii because it was cool for a while, who plays brain training and angry birds and farmville.

Forum Elder
    Uncharted, COD, Killzone, AC Liberation, etc. are all separate versions only on the Vita. Thats why I only buy the Vita exclusives. There are no console versions of those. Those IPs you can find on consoles but not the particular games.
    they are still lesser versions (or will be) of those found on PS3

29. Dislikes AaronSOLDIER is confounded by the utter nonsense of this most disagreeable post
    PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    they are still lesser versions (or will be) of those found on PS3
    Uncharted was an 8 hour game that had all the mechanics and ingredients of the console version. It also looked fucking amazing, especially for a launch title. Wipeout is also a beautiful looking game which has all of the ingredients from the console version. Graphically these games are of course not QUITE up to scratch but in my opinion are not dumbed down versions of the console counterpart. Have you played these titles?
    Click HERE to create your mercenary and get exclusive in-game items.

THE GREY CARDINAL (eWar Merc) - COVERT SUBTERFUGE (Minmatar Scout)
    CEO of PSU GHOST SYNDICATE - PSU in-game channel: PSU GHOST

Thread Information