Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 4 1 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 81
  1. #1
    Ultimate Veteran
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    24,669
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    154,540 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

    Sony: Casual games are just an addictive diversion


  2. #2
    Apprentice
    akhi216's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    USA
    PSN ID
    akhi216
    Posts
    161
    Rep Power
    15
    Points
    417 (0 Banked)
    Fact.

  3. Dislikes Suley is confounded by the utter nonsense of this most disagreeable post
  4. #3
    Nosce te ipsum
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,000
    Rep Power
    240
    Points
    136,127 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Psht. Casual gaming is a piece of the pie that Sony wants to eat. Period. They saw how Nintendo took 1st place this gen with the majority of the games casual. They wanna get some of 'dat.




  5. #4
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    A diversion that Sony is working on getting more traction with.

  6. #5
    Nosce te ipsum
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,000
    Rep Power
    240
    Points
    136,127 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Definitely not a diversion for a huge audience.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2




  7. #6
    Ultimate Veteran
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    24,669
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    154,540 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Psht. Casual gaming is a piece of the pie that Sony wants to eat. Period. They saw how Nintendo took 1st place this gen with the majority of the games casual. They wanna get some of 'dat.
    Yep and their Xmas exclusive lineup is proof of that.

  8. #7
    Ultimate Veteran
    AaronSOLDIER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Age
    21
    Posts
    20,412
    Rep Power
    115
    Points
    60,849 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Psht. Casual gaming is a piece of the pie that Sony wants to eat. Period. They saw how Nintendo took 1st place this gen with the majority of the games casual. They wanna get some of 'dat.
    They had casual games long before the Wii, this is nothing new.
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyreactor
    Nothing more exciting than bringing home a brand new console and watching a download screen for a hour.

    yay, next gen!

  9. #8
    PSU Community Manager
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,557
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    6,103,883 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Okami HD
    Ratchet & Clank: Q-Force
    PSABR
    LBP Karting

    Could do a HELL of a lot worse for a casual line up. lol
    Click HERE to create your mercenary and get exclusive in-game items.

    THE GREY CARDINAL (eWar Merc) - COVERT SUBTERFUGE (Minmatar Scout)
    CEO of PSU GHOST SYNDICATE - PSU in-game channel: PSU GHOST



  10. Likes AaronSOLDIER wishes they had posted this first.
  11. #9
    Nosce te ipsum
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,000
    Rep Power
    240
    Points
    136,127 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    They had casual games long before the Wii, this is nothing new.
    Their piece of that model is extremely low compared to Nintendo as a whole, and still a small sliver if you're just comparing it to the Wii.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Okami HD
    Ratchet & Clank: Q-Force
    PSABR
    LBP Karting

    Could do a HELL of a lot worse for a casual line up. lol
    Yeah, keep that thought as long as you can lol. Might help to read the article. Tretton is addressing the "social and free to play" models. It's the title of the article and thread that makes people follow the wrong cheese.




  12. #10
    PSU Community Manager
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,557
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    6,103,883 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Their piece of that model is extremely low compared to Nintendo as a whole, and still a small sliver if you're just comparing it to the Wii.

    Yeah, keep that thought as long as you can lol. Might help to read the article. Tretton is addressing the "social and free to play" models. It's the title of the article and thread that makes people follow the wrong cheese.
    My post was made with Rads comment in mind. I should have quoted him. I'm not a re: @ thread title kinda guy.
    Click HERE to create your mercenary and get exclusive in-game items.

    THE GREY CARDINAL (eWar Merc) - COVERT SUBTERFUGE (Minmatar Scout)
    CEO of PSU GHOST SYNDICATE - PSU in-game channel: PSU GHOST



  13. #11
    Ultimate Veteran
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    24,669
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    154,540 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    My post was made with Rads comment in mind. I should have quoted him. I'm not a re: @ thread title kinda guy.
    Well since youre addressing me now nothing on your list appeals to me at all and seems made up of mostly casual family friendly type games. So I'm not sure what you think youre proving to me. Was I supposed to suddenly be impressed and change my opinion or something? lol
    Last edited by mistercrow; 08-22-2012 at 20:42.

  14. #12
    Nosce te ipsum
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,000
    Rep Power
    240
    Points
    136,127 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    My post was made with Rads comment in mind. I should have quoted him. I'm not a re: @ thread title kinda guy.
    AHHHH!! Makes more sense now. /ducks for cover.




  15. #13
    PSU Community Manager
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,557
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    6,103,883 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    AHHHH!! Makes more sense now. /ducks for cover.
    pew pew pew!

    Click HERE to create your mercenary and get exclusive in-game items.

    THE GREY CARDINAL (eWar Merc) - COVERT SUBTERFUGE (Minmatar Scout)
    CEO of PSU GHOST SYNDICATE - PSU in-game channel: PSU GHOST



  16. Likes FireSol , Nitey , AaronSOLDIER , F34R , Fon wishes they had posted this first.
  17. #14
    ***** dweller
    Fon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    @Home
    Age
    25
    Posts
    6,094
    Rep Power
    75
    Points
    105,012 (10,000 Banked)
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Was I supposed to suddenly be impressed and change my opinion or something? lol


    Yes, obey!.







  18. Likes Ghost wishes they had posted this first.
  19. #15
    PSU Community Manager
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,557
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    6,103,883 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Well since youre addressing me now nothing on your list appeals to me at all and seems made up of mostly casual family friendly type games. So I'm not sure what you think youre proving to me. Was I supposed to suddenly be impressed and change my opinion or something? lol
    I'm well aware that nothing on the list appeals to ya bud. Just sayin'...well,what i said! Could do a hell of a lot worse for a casual line up. I personally don't even, and have never considered Okami or the R&C series to be casual. Sony could have released the typical horrendous shovelware to appeal to the casual audience, instead they're releasing a legacy IP fighter, a remake of a Zelda inspired game, R&C and a karting game. No indoctrination attempted.
    Click HERE to create your mercenary and get exclusive in-game items.

    THE GREY CARDINAL (eWar Merc) - COVERT SUBTERFUGE (Minmatar Scout)
    CEO of PSU GHOST SYNDICATE - PSU in-game channel: PSU GHOST



  20. Likes AaronSOLDIER wishes they had posted this first.
  21. #16
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    Nothing wrong with the PS3 going casual. Sony needs to make money too.

  22. #17
    Forum Sage
    DeviousOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Orlando FL
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Age
    31
    Posts
    9,553
    Rep Power
    65
    Points
    61,675 (1,943 Banked)
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Sony has plenty to satisfy hardcore fans. I wouldn't mind some "causal" games however I don't want to see "Kiddie" games and that's such a fine line.

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

    ~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

  23. #18
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    I want to see ALL game types on the PS3. Board, kiddie, casual, core, f2p, you name it. The more people gaming the better.

  24. #19
    Forum Sage
    DeviousOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Orlando FL
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Age
    31
    Posts
    9,553
    Rep Power
    65
    Points
    61,675 (1,943 Banked)
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I agree the more ps3's out there the better for all of us PS3 owners for sure

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

    ~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

  25. #20
    Ultimate Veteran
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    24,669
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    154,540 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    I'm well aware that nothing on the list appeals to ya bud. Just sayin'...well,what i said! Could do a hell of a lot worse for a casual line up. I personally don't even, and have never considered Okami or the R&C series to be casual. Sony could have released the typical horrendous shovelware to appeal to the casual audience, instead they're releasing a legacy IP fighter, a remake of a Zelda inspired game, R&C and a karting game. No indoctrination attempted.
    A legacy IP fighter? You mean a poor mans Super Smash Brothers clone? And LBP Karting which seems like a Mario Kart clone? Seems like a pattern to me. Trying to emulate Nintendos success by borrowing off their casual IPs. Yeah they could propably do worse but still Sony is definitely catering to the casual this year and putting their core audience off until next year as far as their exclusives go. I'm disappointed to see that. But fortunately I'm not limited to just the PS3. From a business perspective thats propably good for Sony (maybe) if these games actually sell but from a core gamer perspective not so much. At least 2013 looks promising.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 08-23-2012 at 22:22.

  26. #21
    Ultimate Veteran
    AaronSOLDIER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Age
    21
    Posts
    20,412
    Rep Power
    115
    Points
    60,849 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Would you also consider Mega Man to be casual? It's for kids but is probably one of the most hardcore series ever made. Would love to see a casual gamer even make it through 1 level.
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyreactor
    Nothing more exciting than bringing home a brand new console and watching a download screen for a hour.

    yay, next gen!

  27. #22
    Ultimate Veteran
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    24,669
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    154,540 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Would you also consider Mega Man to be casual? It's for kids but is probably one of the most hardcore series ever made. Would love to see a casual gamer even make it through 1 level.
    You just said it yourself - "its for kids." To me a kiddie game is a kiddie game regardless if its difficult.

  28. #23
    Ultimate Veteran
    AaronSOLDIER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Age
    21
    Posts
    20,412
    Rep Power
    115
    Points
    60,849 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Doesn't mean its casual though. So even back in the 90s you never played platformers? If so how are they suddenly bad games?
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyreactor
    Nothing more exciting than bringing home a brand new console and watching a download screen for a hour.

    yay, next gen!

  29. #24
    Ancient
    TGO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    purgatory
    Age
    32
    Posts
    10,496
    Rep Power
    97
    Points
    12,167 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    A legacy IP fighter? You mean a poor mans Super Smash Brothers clone? And LBP Karting which seems like a Mario Kart clone? Seems like a pattern to me. Trying to emulate Nintendos success by borrowing off their casual IPs. Yeah they could propably do worse but still Sony is definitely catering to the casual this year and putting their core audience off until next year as far as their exclusives go. I'm disappointed to see that. But fortunately I'm not limited to just the PS3. From a business perspective thats propably good for Sony (maybe) if these games actually sell but from a core gamer perspective not so much. At least 2013 looks promising.
    You consider SSBB and Mario Kart as casual games? Interesting
    I actually consider them as fanfare for the core gamers
    Thou the Karting games have been done before, Crash had one, dam even Sonic has one

    Sent via Codec

    "Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

  30. #25
    Ultimate Veteran
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    24,669
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    154,540 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Doesn't mean its casual though. So even back in the 90s you never played platformers? If so how are they suddenly bad games?
    Kiddie or casual. Fairly similar but different too yeah but I dont care for either. I played platformers when I a young kid. And I never said they were "bad games" I said they dont appeal to me. Big difference. As I got older my tastes changed. You and I obviously have different tastes in games. Doest make either of us wrong.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

PSU

Playstation Universe

Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of Abstract Holdings International Ltd. prohibited.
Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.