Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Whoever leads next gen propably wont by much unless the other company really drops the ball in a major way.
    I agree with this....the closer the two companies stay together in sales, the better for the consumer. Competition in the marketplace is to our advantage.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Either that or the number differences will end up marginal. Both the Xbox and PS brands are strong now so the competition is alot more intense than last gen. I do think that if Sony prices the PS4 competitively and properly markets it they will be back on top. But I dont think we'll ever see a PS2 level domination again. Whoever leads next gen propably wont by much unless the other company really drops the ball in a major way.
    Pretty much this.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Forum Overseer
    If Sony is not glorious then we're doomed.

Oh, we're talking about sales? Alright then.

For a second, I thought we were talking about fun and awesomeness.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    If Sony is not glorious then we're doomed.

Oh, we're talking about sales? Alright then.

For a second, I thought we were talking about fun and awesomeness.
    Wrong forum for fun and awesomeness

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

5. Likes sainraja , Omar likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    Tell me about it lol.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    If Sony is not glorious then we're doomed. Oh, we're talking about sales? Alright then. For a second, I thought we were talking about fun and awesomeness.
    For me personally I get that from both PS3 and 360. Sales be damned.

Superior Member
    Items YunaPlayStation
    I still think XBOX360 could get some of their exclusives because they had the biggest install base thus the most possible games sold, which seduced the developers as it was an obvious element to choose from the 2 companies

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Return to Glory? Sorry, i dont see it ever happening. I dont see Sony ever being the number 1 for now. They make too many mistakes for my liking. And their marketing division sucks ass!

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Sony $#@!ed the first part of this gen up, but I REALLY like what it is doing now, value wise, for its customers. All the collections being released, along with PS+ games collection and things like cross buy for PS3/Vita...I think it's a good step forward. I can't wait to see what it does next gen with Gaikai and Orbis...Only then can we really make any reasonable predictions. I think if Sony releases it's entire back catalog of games for PS1, 2 and 3 on the cloud for Orbis, and get the online suite of its system sorted and don't price themselves out of the market again, it has a good chance.

But really, I don't think any company will rise to real glory now. The market is so different from what it was back then. All consoles are glorious in their own way, in what they are offering.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    The link in mains thread post doesnt work properly as it directs me to a site which has nothing to do with the topic.

I think that Sony Playstation can return to its glory but that will be hard to do and Sony will have to work very differently considering as it is working currently.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTenth666 View Post
    the only reason XBOX360 has sold more units is they released the console as soon as they could to sell it before the PS3, they knew perfectly it was not tested enough and it could have some parts overheat but having this headstart was so important screwing the customers was of no importance (and of course having so many people buy a second and third console just added more sales)
    remind me, when did MS screw over 360 owners?

and did people really buy a 2nd and 3rd console because another had failed? thats some loyalty if they are buying 3 or more consoles due to faults in the system.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post

and did people really buy a 2nd and 3rd console because another had failed? thats some loyalty if they are buying 3 or more consoles due to faults in the system.
    Sure they did. I know several people that bought more than 1 because they had games for it and a subscription to live they didnt want to waste.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim

sorry to bud in but I do assume that's sarcasm -__-
    Last edited by D3seeker; 11-22-2012 at 16:42.

PSU Reviews Editor, Hit Series Creator
    PSN ID
    MelegantPrime
    I don't think Sony ever left it's throne because I think the whole debate leaves out one important thing and that is what do you play? I asked this as an honest question to people months ago for a different debate but other than Halo and Gears what does the 360 have that is so great? I can't think of any other exclusive game. The system runs entirely off of Halo, and COD online. If that is all you play then the 360 will always he king but for me I play RPGs and Sony is where it is at, and will always be thanks to Japanese RPGs being 99% exclusive to Sony/Nintendo. But since Nintendo RPGs don't get published in NA, well, Sony fan since 1997 and still proud. Games sell systems and that is why the PS2 sold so much. We can see another lopsided console generation again if almost all the games people want to play are exclusives instead of this current gen of everything being multi platform.

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    while the PS3 has some good games, the system I personally don't believe performance wise was that great. They should have been pushing MMORPG's and MMOFPS and I will 100% guarantee you that the sales would have boomed for quite a few of those games if some were F2P with microtransactions at least while others were subscription based.

Also, Sony did leave their throw what when the PS3 hit. If they would have kept the "easy to develop for" mindset like the PS1 had, the indie dev support that sony showed then was a lot. Once the PS3 hit, they kind of shot down the underground developer scene, basically Sony used a Bazooka, that isn't a good thing. When Sony released their console system they made it so underground devs wouldn't be able to afford making games for it. PS2 was a tad bit difficult because of new tech and with PS3 in terms of indie dev full game support, it didn't happen. Don't even bring up PSN as a sugar coat, it doesn't count. The fact that not many new ideas came out and the gaming markets basic focus was FPS shows the indie devs were basically non-existent this gen on the PS3.

where are all the indie dev turn based RPG's? exactly, because it's expensive which isn't indie / basement dev friendly.
    Last edited by Bigdoggy; 11-25-2012 at 15:41.

Thread Information