Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 55
  1. #26
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,721
    Rep Power
    131
    Points
    6,416,700 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    I'm using the actual app on my phone I initially went on the browser and did youtube.com/pair like it told me to and it automatically loaded up my app and I entered the code in there
    It's sorted now thanks! The pairing option is pretty cool, like you said the navigating is better and the search using swype is WAY better than the PS3s method. It seems a bit buggy though. Sometimes it just replays the same video even if I have selected a new one. :S

  2. #27
    Veteran
    daLa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,537
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    55,098 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Yeah using swype on my smartphone to search was an advantage. I want a settings menu too so I can further tune the experience, as you mentioned, like output options. I'm sure the app will be updated in the future.
    Indeed. And yeah I'm also thinking there might be an update later on with more customization and settings so we may be able to choose the output quality.


  3. #28
    Dat Guy
    Chille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Your House.
    Age
    27
    Posts
    13,117
    Rep Power
    130
    Points
    3,680 (1,056,659 Banked)
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    It's sorted now thanks! The pairing option is pretty cool, like you said the navigating is better and the search using swype is WAY better than the PS3s method. It seems a bit buggy though. Sometimes it just replays the same video even if I have selected a new one. :S
    The ap also lets you turn the volume up and down on ps3 using your phone

    This is so awesome gonna watch some nerd to test it out

    This is so much win, when your not in the main room, with youtube remote ap, you can switch the feed to your phone screen, then when you get back just switch back to ps3 and carry on.
    Last edited by Chille; 08-15-2012 at 01:09.



    Thank you itachi

  4. Likes Ryendb likes this post
  5. #29
    Veteran
    Kauldron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,102
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    6,129 (0 Banked)
    Most important thing left out in my opinion.

    HD streaming please. =/
    _______________________________________________

    _______________________________________________

  6. #30
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,721
    Rep Power
    131
    Points
    6,416,700 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    With today’s Store publish, you’ll find the new app in the PlayStation Store under My Channels. We’ll keep improving the PS3 experience and plan to bring the app to more countries in coming months.
    From the US blog. I hope they keep tweaking and updating this. I'm sure they will. Even as it is now it's an awesome addition to PSN.

  7. #31
    Member
    Everyday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    102
    Rep Power
    18
    Points
    598 (0 Banked)
    so is this only in US? because i live in canada and i dont see anything on the store?

    ( PSP- SSX On Tour) (PS3- Modern Warfare 3)

  8. #32
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,721
    Rep Power
    131
    Points
    6,416,700 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Everyday View Post
    so is this only in US? because i live in canada and i dont see anything on the store?
    You can make a US account, download it and it will be on your canadian account.

    Unfortunately I'm having some annoying issues with this app. Quite a few times the app will only play the first video I watch. If I select any other videos, their title plays but it's just the content from the first video that plays. I hope they get onto debugging it cause I reallllly like this.

  9. #33
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Overall I think this is an awesome app! I watch a lot of $#@! on youtube, I have IGN, Gamespot, PlayStation and various other game related channels subbed and now they are all here at my disposal quick and easy on my 46"Bravia. The interface is pretty simple, basically you just scroll up and down a menu that has all your subs plus featured videos and $#@! and all the latest videos are at the start there. it also seems to keep playing through all the vids on the channel. My only issue is that it feels a little bit clunky when you are scrolling down your channels because it loads in the thumbnails for all of the recent videos. This takes under a second but it stops the scrolling from being the fluid movement it could be. However, this is really of VERY little concern to me in the bigger picture of the app.

    The picture quality is pretty good, but not as good as I was hoping. Maybe I'm just not used to watching YT on such a big screen. I will be intterested to hear other peoples opinions on this.

    The smartphone control is something that is available for YT in general, like if you have the YT app on your TV, and is a bit of a joke. You have to enter a pairing code each time you want to use it at www.youtube.com/pair on your mobile which seems extremely stupid, but I may be missing something. On the app you can search videos, add them to a playlist or make them play on the PS3 straight away.

    All in all I am personally VERY happy with this. I will be using my PS3 for my YT viewing from here on out. I just can't wait till it hits New Zealand PSN (my main, despite living in the EU) so that I don't have to log into the US PSN.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    You can make a US account, download it and it will be on your canadian account.

    Unfortunately I'm having some annoying issues with this app. Quite a few times the app will only play the first video I watch. If I select any other videos, their title plays but it's just the content from the first video that plays. I hope they get onto debugging it cause I reallllly like this.
    I was surprised that this was an app that used a device activation instead of just signing into an account. Were you prompted to go to youtube.com/activate and put in the code? Not a big deal of course, but different.

    For free, there isn't much to complain about here. The UI is pretty plain, but it gets the job done. Video quality is NOT that great, but then again neither is the 360 version. HD videos on both do NOT appear HD whatsoever. I do think the UI feels more like a webpage, as each section seems to load each thumbnail as a web like page as it scrolls down the screen. However, it gets the JOB DONE, and it will be in use by me, that is for sure.

    Oh, and I had to QUIT out once because it froze up trying to load a Black Ops 2 video that released yesterday. Quitting out restarted my PS3 for some reason

  10. #34
    Elite Guru
    Nitey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,675
    Rep Power
    61
    Points
    40,911 (0 Banked)
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Such a great app. Used it a ton last night with it paired to my S2. It's so convenient! Hasn't crashed on me yet

  11. #35
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,721
    Rep Power
    131
    Points
    6,416,700 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    I was surprised that this was an app that used a device activation instead of just signing into an account. Were you prompted to go to youtube.com/activate and put in the code? Not a big deal of course, but different.

    For free, there isn't much to complain about here. The UI is pretty plain, but it gets the job done. Video quality is NOT that great, but then again neither is the 360 version. HD videos on both do NOT appear HD whatsoever. I do think the UI feels more like a webpage, as each section seems to load each thumbnail as a web like page as it scrolls down the screen. However, it gets the JOB DONE, and it will be in use by me, that is for sure.

    Oh, and I had to QUIT out once because it froze up trying to load a Black Ops 2 video that released yesterday. Quitting out restarted my PS3 for some reason
    I had two activations to do, one to link my YT account to the PS3 app (@/activate) and then one to pair my mobile (@/pair). I didn't realise there was a YT control app on the google store and that is why I was having issues with it. Now my mobile is properly paired and all works fine. It's really nice for a free app and they will surely update it as time goes on unless I misunderstood the US blog. The UI is simple and does all I want it to. I agree that the quality is not HD. It's decent quality but doesn't have the crispness and vibrance in color that I was hoping for.

    I'm also having problems with a certain bug which kinda ruins the experience when it hits but this will hopefully be addressed. I can't wait till it's polished. As I said before, it's an awesome addition to PSN and compliments the free nature of it. Once it has HD it will be the only way I watch YT.

  12. #36
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    I had two activations to do, one to link my YT account to the PS3 app (@/activate) and then one to pair my mobile (@/pair). I didn't realise there was a YT control app on the google store and that is why I was having issues with it. Now my mobile is properly paired and all works fine. It's really nice for a free app and they will surely update it as time goes on unless I misunderstood the US blog. The UI is simple and does all I want it to. I agree that the quality is not HD. It's decent quality but doesn't have the crispness and vibrance in color that I was hoping for.

    I'm also having problems with a certain bug which kinda ruins the experience when it hits but this will hopefully be addressed. I can't wait till it's polished. As I said before, it's an awesome addition to PSN and compliments the free nature of it. Once it has HD it will be the only way I watch YT.
    You know how in Windows you can do ALT+TAB to switch windows? I wish we could do that on console too. I could ALT+TAB between YouTube and my game for example As for mobile to the Youtube, does it support iPad? I rarely have my phone with me in my home theater.

  13. #37
    Master Guru
    Fon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    @Home
    Age
    25
    Posts
    6,115
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    107,340 (10,000 Banked)
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    If the DS3 keyboard attachment works (gonna test now) then there is little to no need for the smartphone usage. However, it seems like a stock feature that isn't exclusive to the PS3 app, so on a TV youtube app for example, the smartphone usage would be perfect.
    Yeah, now I see what snooper71 meant, it's a really bad search setup. They should just go with the standard PS3 search box which is a lot more efficient(Which at first, I assumed it was using).







  14. #38
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,721
    Rep Power
    131
    Points
    6,416,700 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    You know how in Windows you can do ALT+TAB to switch windows? I wish we could do that on console too. I could ALT+TAB between YouTube and my game for example As for mobile to the Youtube, does it support iPad? I rarely have my phone with me in my home theater.
    Haha Maybe next gen we can switch. Well, you kind of can on Vita, so I guess it is likely. I'm not sure if iPad supports it or not...It should if you have a YT app on it. Then again, maybe it's only android supported cause it's google.

  15. #39
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Haha Maybe next gen we can switch. Well, you kind of can on Vita, so I guess it is likely. I'm not sure if iPad supports it or not...It should if you have a YT app on it. Then again, maybe it's only android supported cause it's google.
    Sorry, so I how do I add this to my Android phone?

  16. #40
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,721
    Rep Power
    131
    Points
    6,416,700 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Sorry, so I how do I add this to my Android phone?
    No need to apologise . Ok, so at the bottom of the menu on the YT app it states "login and settings" or something like that. Then it says there "pair device". Click on that and you will get a 9 digit code. I am on the old Galaxy S and the youtube app I have doesn't seem to be able to pair, so I downloaded the Youtube remote from the android store. The symbol has Youtube on a sofa. When you download this app go to settings and then select "add screen". It'll ask you to enter the 9 digit code and give the screen a name. After you have done this your mobile should show up on the YT app screen on PS3 on the "paired devices" tile. I hope that made sense. Lemme know if there are problems. You can then search, choose to play videos or to add them to the queue. Searching on the mobile is A LOT nicer seeing as you have swype and such things. Searching on the PS3 app itself is ass.

  17. #41
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    No need to apologise . Ok, so at the bottom of the menu on the YT app it states "login and settings" or something like that. Then it says there "pair device". Click on that and you will get a 9 digit code. I am on the old Galaxy S and the youtube app I have doesn't seem to be able to pair, so I downloaded the Youtube remote from the android store. The symbol has Youtube on a sofa. When you download this app go to settings and then select "add screen". It'll ask you to enter the 9 digit code and give the screen a name. After you have done this your mobile should show up on the YT app screen on PS3 on the "paired devices" tile. I hope that made sense. Lemme know if there are problems. You can then search, choose to play videos or to add them to the queue. Searching on the mobile is A LOT nicer seeing as you have swype and such things. Searching on the PS3 app itself is ass.
    I think that is my problem too. My youtube app doesn't have a pair option. I will try the app you recommended. THANK YOU KIND SIR!

  18. Likes Ghost likes this post
  19. #42
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,721
    Rep Power
    131
    Points
    6,416,700 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    I think that is my problem too. My youtube app doesn't have a pair option. I will try the app you recommended. THANK YOU KIND SIR!
    Glad to have been of service! Sometimes I'm useful around here.

  20. #43
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    Android is now connected to Youtube on my PS3

  21. Likes Ghost likes this post
  22. #44
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,721
    Rep Power
    131
    Points
    6,416,700 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Android is now connected to Youtube on my PS3

  23. #45
    Master Sage
    Lebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bowling
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Posts
    12,924
    Rep Power
    106
    Points
    19,476 (0 Banked)
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I saw someone with this app on my ps3 yesterday. I tried to find it on the NA store but it wasn't there. He was also a PS+ sub, so I guess they get it early?

    This would be awesome if it streams HD without the lag you get with the browser. And if you can upload vids to youtube via the app from your PS3, or a USB connected to PS3, I would $#@!.


  24. #46
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    No HD Dre. I got YouTube on the NA store, and I am not a PSN+ member. It was showing on the main page, as an ad, along the bottom...a narrow long ad.

  25. #47
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,721
    Rep Power
    131
    Points
    6,416,700 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Yeah the app is cool but it needs some work. I don't know why the $#@! it doesn't have HD. The quality is good but it's not as good as it should be and it also has some bugs. However, it's a damn good start and I look forward to them enhancing the experience as it rolls out to other regions. If they don't add HD I will be sorely disappointed lol.

  26. #48
    Master Sage
    Lebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bowling
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Posts
    12,924
    Rep Power
    106
    Points
    19,476 (0 Banked)
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    But is it like the browser XL Youtube? Does it lag or make your audio out of sync or does it work normally as if you were on a computer?


  27. #49
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,721
    Rep Power
    131
    Points
    6,416,700 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    But is it like the browser XL Youtube? Does it lag or make your audio out of sync or does it work normally as if you were on a computer?
    It has a different interface, your subscriptions are on the left and as you scroll through the vids are shown horizontally. From my experience there has been 0 lag and no sync issues. The picture quality is good but not HD yet.

  28. #50
    Ultimate Veteran
    AaronSOLDIER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Age
    21
    Posts
    20,719
    Rep Power
    117
    Points
    66,220 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Haven't used it yet but its early days yet, HD will come probably.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

PSU

Playstation Universe

Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of Abstract Holdings International Ltd. prohibited.
Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.