Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style

DMC - Vergil Trailer

http://www.psu.com/a016535/Gamescom-...-Devil-May-Cry

First impression is that Vergil looks like another typical resistance fighter but there's something more to him then meets the eye; he seems very protective of Dante but cares very little about everyone else, or perhaps he's involved in a much bigger plot that involves his brother?. Vergil has always been one about power so maybe they might implement this trait for this game as well?.

Another note: I'm surprised to see him with white hair?. Now I'm curious to see what Dante and Vergil's parents look like.
    Last edited by Fon; 08-14-2012 at 15:39.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I don't understand all the hate for this game..so far it looks far better than the previous DMCs..much more grittier.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

3. Likes Itachi , Suzano-O likes this post
    Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    I don't understand all the hate for this game..so far it looks far better than the previous DMCs..much more grittier.
    I did dislike this reboot for what they did to Dante in their first trailer, but they've improved him greatly throughout the development of the game.

Ultimate Veteran
    i will skip this game. i played DMC4 when it cam out it was ok but not my kind of game the save system was bad

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    GalapagosaraY
    dante and vergils face/expressions looks exactly like Monkey from Enslaved now i dont even think i will think of Dante if i ever play this since i have a regretful copy of Enslaved it feels like i will be controlling Monkey in this one aswell. I felt both Heavenly Sword and Enslaved to be below mediocre games, Ninja theory knows how to make decent cinematics but all their games fall apart when it comes to gameplay the longer you progress into their games thats why ive never really been interested in this game. Also the enemy design from the few trailers/gameplay ive seen doesnt seem to be up par with the older games and the camera looks very shakey in the gameplay videos which was also one of the annoying things about Enslaved
    Last edited by GalapagosaraY; 08-14-2012 at 17:12.

Cur.Playing PS3 : Back to the Future: Episode 2 - Monkey Island 2 SE: LeChuck's Revenge

Playing PC: Thief - Edna & Harvey: Harvey´s New Eyes

Recently Completed: Heavy Rain 8.0/10 - Devil May Cry 2 HD 4.5/10 - AC: Revelations 8.5/10

7. Likes Gaddes likes this post
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    The reason why i am putting so much hate for this game is because its not really a reboot, its a massacre. Take that trailer for example, they completely redid Vergil's character, he isn't even the same person. In a reboot, you need to keep the core elements there.

Vergil would never fight for humanity ever! In DMC3 he was obsessed with power, specifically Sparda's power. His whole existence was to match and surpass his father's power. He always sided with the demons. It was that Sparda obsession that led to his downfall in Hell when he tried to take on Mundus like his father did. He was cold and calculating always in control. This trailer, he looks just like a man. The only thing they got right was he carries Yamato rather than carrying it on his waist.

Take Dante for example too. Despite not looking like Dante they changed his character too much. He doesn't really have a red coat, i know there is red on it, but its not his classic look (White hair too). He was always $#@!y, but in this he his more of an asshole than $#@!y. Before, he was a trickster, he would ride a demon like a surfboard or sit on its burning tail just to make a statement. It was always about style, now its shallow. "HEY DEMON $#@! YOU CUS I"M DANTE" thats the depth of his character.

When a reboot is done, it still needs to feel like the same game. I want to look at a reboot and say "yea, this is Devil May Cry." but it really isn't. To me, the created their own game and are stealing the DMC moniker. Just frustrating, its not the same series at all.
    Last edited by btbam; 08-14-2012 at 18:16.

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

9. Likes Kauldron likes this post
    Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    I suppose, I don't really care cause I only ever played DMC1.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by btbam View Post
    The reason why i am putting so much hate for this game is because its not really a reboot, its a massacre. Take that trailer for example, they completely redid Vergil's character, he isn't even the same person. In a reboot, you need to keep the core elements there.

Vergil would never fight for humanity ever! In DMC3 he was obsessed with power, specifically Sparda's power. His whole existence was to match and surpass his father's power. He always sided with the demons. It was that Sparda obsession that led to his downfall in Hell when he tried to take on Mundus like his father did. He was cold and calculating always in control. This trailer, he looks just like a man. The only thing they got right was he carries Yamato rather than carrying it on his waist.
    All we got so far was a trailer for, Vergil. Sure it's a completely different character from the one from Devil May Cry 3 and he seems to care about Dante a lot, but we don't know the whole picture of it all yet. It could be that Vergil has something sinister in mind but can't do it alone. I saw some hints on that trailer also, he seems very secretive and lacks compassion over others that have helped him and his brother, he goes on to retort as to why Dante risked his life to save a girl. We don't know how his character will develop but we can't determine who he is until the game is released.

Quote Originally Posted by btbam
    Take Dante for example too. Despite not looking like Dante they changed his character too much. He doesn't really have a red coat, i know there is red on it, but its not his classic look (White hair too). He was always $#@!y, but in this he his more of an asshole than $#@!y. Before, he was a trickster, he would ride a demon like a surfboard or sit on its burning tail just to make a statement. It was always about style, now its shallow. "HEY DEMON $#@! YOU CUS I"M DANTE" thats the depth of his character.

When a reboot is done, it still needs to feel like the same game. I want to look at a reboot and say "yea, this is Devil May Cry." but it really isn't. To me, the created their own game and are stealing the DMC moniker. Just frustrating, its not the same series at all.
    I've reiterated how much I loath the first trailer Dante but the recent version looks better. It's best to give the game a chance and judge it based on how it performs in both gameplay and story.

Elite Member
    This game's story and acting looks tons better than any previous DMC game tbh...

I love how the new Dante isn't nearly as cheesy or corny as the old one...I'm curious about the girl's gravity mojo...

Elite Member
    good god...wat the $#@! did they do to Vergil? He look like a hipster douche.
    mind as well replace the damn Katana and give him a hipster glasses while they're at it.

14. Likes Kauldron likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Wow, the more I see the game, the more I wanna try it. Really liking Dante's character.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Gaddesreinhart
    Items PS3 FatVita
    Meh, still not feeling it at all. Looks like it's gonna be a pass or gamefly it as trophy fodder.
    Retired FFXI player. FFXIV player, Malboro Server.

Veteran
    WOW! Sad.....really ...sad.

I knew it was going to be bad when I watched the trailer, but I didn't know it was THIS bad.

Emo Dante & Vergil??? *slowly steps away from computer*

18. Likes btbam likes this post
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Quote Originally Posted by FonFahbre View Post
    All we got so far was a trailer for, Vergil. Sure it's a completely different character from the one from Devil May Cry 3 and he seems to care about Dante a lot, but we don't know the whole picture of it all yet. It could be that Vergil has something sinister in mind but can't do it alone. I saw some hints on that trailer also, he seems very secretive and lacks compassion over others that have helped him and his brother, he goes on to retort as to why Dante risked his life to save a girl. We don't know how his character will develop but we can't determine who he is until the game is released.

I've reiterated how much I loath the first trailer Dante but the recent version looks better. It's best to give the game a chance and judge it based on how it performs in both gameplay and story.
    OK, i guess that is fair, we only get a little bit of Vergil, but honestly i don't think he would go through such deceptive means even if he were the bad guy. he never hid his motives, never hid period. So if he is some sort of villain incognito than i'd have to say Ninja Theory doesn't understand the character at all (which i think is clearly evident from the trailer).

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

20. Likes Kauldron likes this post
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by btbam View Post
    OK, i guess that is fair, we only get a little bit of Vergil, but honestly i don't think he would go through such deceptive means even if he were the bad guy. he never hid his motives, never hid period. So if he is some sort of villain incognito than i'd have to say Ninja Theory doesn't understand the character at all (which i think is clearly evident from the trailer).
    Bingo!

Seems they've never played a Devil May Cry before.

Veteran
    Looks pretty cool. While Vergil isn't entirely like the former one (this one talks more and acts more ordinary), he does seem less compassionate/more principled/at odds with Dante as usual, so there's at least that. He looks the part, too. I'm willing to bet we'll see more inspiration from old Vergil when we play the game, too, since he could easily have an agenda against Dante in mind (not that old Vergil would actually go through the trouble, like btbam said).

Again, the hate just seems like it comes down to preference. It seems clear that they are pulling from the old series in multiple ways...just not entirely so, which I presume is for the sake of ending up with a different take on the same material. We're either going to like that or we're not.

I'm just wondering if the game knows what it is in terms of tone. The second trailer was entirely over-the-top, but this character trailer was completely moody with no sign of trying to give itself style points.
    Last edited by Bio; 08-15-2012 at 03:48.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Sometimes I wonder if people know what "reboot" means.
    Why the hell are people expecting the characters to be the same as they remember? For someone who hasn't played dmc series alot, I think the game is really gritty and has a lot of potential

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    a reboot needs to keep the core elements. When they rebooted spider man he is still a nerdy kid with spider superpowers. Reboot DMC, Vergil basically becomes somebody completely new. He could be an entirely different character with a different name. Dante in this new one falls under a reboot IMO, but i don't like how they rebooted him. He is more of a punk than the $#@!y trickster he was.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    I'm actually pretty conflicted.... Can't tell if I like it or not.

Meh may as well buy the game and fully judge it for myself. This Virgil seems like a missed opportunity though, I'd rather see him be Dante's foe again

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    Why the hell are people expecting the characters to be the same as they remember? For someone who hasn't played dmc series alot, I think the game is really gritty and has a lot of potential
    What is shown should be called a new take or complete overhaul or rewrite or alternate dimension but not reboot.

I can picture them making a god of war game over. Kratos would be a space marine that wears a cheerleader suit with make-up bubble gum lipstick and a sucker in his mouth.

Yeah, they are completely out of touch with the game they are trying to replicate.

Good luck to them, I won't be there.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    zex494
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Suzano-O View Post
    This game's story and acting looks tons better than any previous DMC game tbh...

I love how the new Dante isn't nearly as cheesy or corny as the old one...I'm curious about the girl's gravity mojo...
    He's supposed to be cheesy,the game's theme was "stylish,over the top action" his original personality sold that idea

Please use the multi-quote tool on the bottom far right of posts to prevent double posting - DarkVincent07
    Last edited by DarkVincent07; 08-15-2012 at 09:31. Reason: double post
    I had no intentions of becoming a leader. It is as a warrior how I shall be remembered, but these are hardly numbers worth dying for.
    -Zechs Merquise

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    I'd like to try this. hated it at first. But now I wouldn't mind trying it now.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Thread Information