Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal

Firmware v1.8 detailed

As well as PSone support:

Cross Controller

The new Cross-Controller feature will allow you to use PS Vita as a controller to play compatible games on PS3, such as LittleBigPlanet 2. This feature lets you take advantage of PS Vita’s rich features including the touch screen, rear touch pad, six-axis motion sensing system, and cameras.

To access the cross controller feature you need to launch the Remote Play application and then click on the Cross-Controller icon.

Controls

As many of you have requested, you will now have the option to control the home screen and some features of applications such as Videos and Music with the buttons on the PS Vita system.

Music

Playlists will be supported in Music. You will be able to transfer iTunes (10.6.3 or later), M3U, and M3U8 playlists from a PS3 or a PC using Content Manager.

Web Browser

Rear touch pad operation will be supported by the browser, allowing you to scroll through and zoom out of pages without obscuring the screen.
    Video

The following controls have been added to Videos:

Playback speed control
    Repeat play

Photos

Viewing photos in MPO format will now be supported, with the ability to transfer MPO files from PS3™ and PC using Content Manager.
    * 3D and multi-angle viewing are NOT supported.

Group Messaging

Along with some new layout enhancements, you will be able to take photos to add as attachments when writing Group Messages.

Maps

The Maps feature has been improved by adding a button on the top screen to switch between “Search for Location” and “Search for Directions.” You can also touch and hold a location on the map and place a user flag.

“near”

“near” will be able to gather the information of surrounding Wi-Fi access points without internet connection and update the location data based on it later. You can get location data within the area covered by Wi-Fi location services.
    via PSBlog

Decent update. Grab it late August

2. Likes F34R likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Marcgear
    Items PlayStation
    Great news about ps1 support all features welcome.
    New member of the PS4 club

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    Looking forward to playing some PS1 classics Shame there isn't trophy support, would love to have a blast on Resi 2 trophy whoring it out

PSU Live Streamer
    My purchase will finally be justified, the day ps1 titles can be played on my vita.

Elite Guru
    Unfortunately blog post says its "select ps1 games"..

smh.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Hope they add PS2 Classics support for GTA games but doubt it

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by shepard View Post
    My purchase will finally be justified, the day ps1 titles can be played on my vita.
    If thats the only reason you bought a Vita then you could have just played PS1 titles on your PS3 already.

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    If thats the only reason you bought a Vita then you could have just played PS1 titles on your PS3 already.
    No offense but you can't carry a ps3 and tv around with you. I agree in the sense that I want AAA unique games made for it but please....this is a HUGE deal when all PS1 games get implemented. The game library explodes exponentially with this addition. Trust me it will have an effect....maybe not huge system selling but a lot of people are excited for this. I agree this doesn't save the system or necessarily start moving systems but this is a good thing.

PSU Live Streamer
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Didn't say it was. But it is roughly 90% of the reason. Playing a 12 year old pixelated title on a 50" Hd 1080p screen makes the game look like utter garbage. I already know the graphics are out dated, I don't need that fact explodinated on my screen in hidef.

Not to mention I'll be able to have all my classic rpgs on a single handheld to take with me wherever I want, in addition to being able to have the latest titles that tickle my fancy.

11. Likes snooper71 likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Quote Originally Posted by davin_g View Post
    No offense but you can't carry a ps3 and tv around with you. I agree in the sense that I want AAA unique games made for it but please....this is a HUGE deal when all PS1 games get implemented. The game library explodes exponentially with this addition. Trust me it will have an effect....maybe not huge system selling but a lot of people are excited for this. I agree this doesn't save the system or necessarily start moving systems but this is a good thing.

Ya, the PS1 games look like dog $#@! on the PS3.

Elite Guru
    Yea PSone support is a huge deal for me. Before the Vita was announced I almost bought a PSPgo (love the slide mechanism), despite having a PSP1000 just to play PSone games that I had digitally over PSN. This whole 'select PSone games' being supported on the Vitahas pissed me off. Even though I initially planned to play FFVII when the firmware released, which is a supported game, I just know that VIII and IX will take forever to be compatible

Hopefully this is some sort of horrible misunderstanding

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    I don't get the big deal about PS1 support..I mean they've worked on the PSP for ages. What took them so long to get on the VITA?
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by davin_g View Post
    How much are they going to cost to play on the Vita?

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    How much are they going to cost to play on the Vita?
    IDK. I think most range from $6 or $7 to $9.99. I know a ton are given away free to us PS+ subscribers. I have a bunch on my PS3 just waiting to get copied over. I can't stand to play them on a 60" TV but a handheld....why not.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Ahh, I didn't think about the PS+ ones. I'll start downloading now. lol

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-12-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Man, I just hope the ones I have are in that list.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ahh, I didn't think about the PS+ ones. I'll start downloading now. lol
    Are the PS1 "free" titles really free, or are those just rent as well when using PSN+?

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Are the PS1 "free" titles really free, or are those just rent as well when using PSN+?
    You quoted the wrong one. I never said anything about "free". I can't find a PSN+ either.

Really though, I couldn't find any PSOne titles on PS+.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by shepard View Post
    Didn't say it was. But it is roughly 90% of the reason. Playing a 12 year old pixelated title on a 50" Hd 1080p screen makes the game look like utter garbage. I already know the graphics are out dated, I don't need that fact explodinated on my screen in hidef. Not to mention I'll be able to have all my classic rpgs on a single handheld to take with me wherever I want, in addition to being able to have the latest titles that tickle my fancy.
    Fair enough.

Superior Member

I have some PS1 games...but I downloaded them awhile back. I don't know if they are not giving more away. I got Spyro, Silent Hill, RE3: Nemisis, Oddworld, Syphon Filter, and some others free.....I know a ton like FF and TR were discounted at times as well. IDK...I go to PS1 games and when I select those titles they still show free???

Superior Member

Don't go to PS+ Free games. You have to go to PS3 games-->PS1 A-Z then select them. Like I said they haven't given away too many lately. Silent Hill/Oddworld was the last I remember. I have a lot of MINIs too....would love to see those get implemented as well.

I think it may be one of those things you had to grab them while the offers were out there. Some of these I did months ago...if not last year.

PSU Editorial Assistant
    PSN ID
    Diablo_Rosso
    Items User name styleManchester UnitedPlayStation
    The reason why the PSP never struggled with PS1 classics emulation is that they aren't actually emulated. The PSP shares the same architecture as the PS1 so it doesn't need an emulator like the Vita or PS3 does.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    Terminator101
    What about being able to add a message to a friend request as well as being able to read it? PS3 had this since launch.

Hopefully that is one of the things that they forgot to mention.
    Almost everyone will say: buy console that has games that you want, and those who say otherwise are ignorant.

Playstation Move for the win!

Superior Member

So am I the only one that got free PS1 games with my PS+ subscription?

Elite Guru
    Nah, gotten loads. Been a subscriber since November/December last year

Destruction Derby
    Cool Boarders
    Crash Bandicoot 1 + 2 + 3 + Crash Team Racing
    MediEvil
    Arc the Lad 1
    Resident Evil 2 + 3 (perhaps 1 as well but it's not on my PS3)
    Final Fantasy V
    Jet Rider
    Silent Hill

So yeah, I need that PSone emulator on my vita bad , I seriously hope more and more games are supported sooner rather than later because if they lowball us on this it's going to infuriate me lol.

If you like games, Plus = best deal in gaming.
    Wish they'd offer PSP games, and I'm thinking with Vita officially being supported with Plus they may just start doing that

Going to purchase another year subscription when the price is slashed to 25% off this fall. My current sub runs out in March I think
    Last edited by Nitey; 08-16-2012 at 01:41.

Thread Information