Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Forum Guru
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War

Black Ops Declassified Trailer

With this, Killzone, Assassins Creed, PSone support and more, my Vita will be getting hammered

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Looks awesome!!! Killzone, COD, and AC will keep my Vita rocking.

Forum Guru
    I'm liking the mini Nuketown too

PSU Editorial Assistant
    PSN ID
    Diablo_Rosso
    Items User name styleManchester UnitedPlayStation
    Looks like a re-skinned Resistance: Burning Skies, which is probably what it is. The only interesting thing is that it looks like this has zombies.

5. Likes Fon , The Cage likes this post
    Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Nuketown makes this a winner alone.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Superior Member

PSN ID
    XSpike
    I was at least hoping for 6v6 gameplay online. Disappointing its also the same company who made Resistance, lets hope Resistance sucked so much because they wanted to make blackops better (even though the graphics ain't much/if any of an improvement)

Overall I think it looks better then Resistance, but when compared to Killzone it makes this game look pretty poor. Lets hope Killzone will have nice graphics + a rather large 16-24-32 players online. That would put CoD to shame. But overall I'm still looking forward to CoD mainly if it does have Zombies

I also want to see what the custom CoD Vita looks like
    Last edited by XSpike; 08-14-2012 at 23:01.
    Bow down before Drippy - Lord High Lord of the Fairies

Super Elite
    Items PS3 FatVita
    Could have a system seller here folks.
    Proud FFXI Player, Fenrir server.

Ultimate Veteran
    i hope sony bundles this game with the vita and memory card

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by R3D D3V!L View Post
    Looks like a re-skinned Resistance: Burning Skies, which is probably what it is.
    My thoughts exactly. I know the Call of Duty series has never been about the visuals, but even for the franchise's standards, this is pretty underwhelming.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 08-15-2012 at 01:29.

Super Elite
    Items PS3 FatVita
    Oh...hell. I had no idea Nihilistic was working on this. Ummmm, still a chance it might be good...maybe.
    Proud FFXI Player, Fenrir server.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I can't wait for this. Hopefully it's like playing MW and Res.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    I wanted to be impressed but personally I'm a bit underwhelmed, and I think a lot of big COD fans may be too, just because it might just feel like a watered down Black Ops 2. But time will tell

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    I'm just gonna hope that Nihilistic puts right lessons they learned while developing Resistance. If it is just a lazy re-skin then honestly this will cause more harm to Sony and the Vita in the longrun because people are gonna look at it even more of a spin-off console than before, and just roll their eyes if they release a decent CoD next year.

Fingers crossed Activision/Sony are making sure this is a worthwhile CoD

Soldier 95B
    $#@! that looks amazing. That is what is going to get me to buy a Vita, that is for sure. Best game on Vita to date so far.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Ahhrealbradens
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    $#@! that looks amazing. That is what is going to get me to buy a Vita, that is for sure. Best game on Vita to date so far.
    I think I may have watched a different video then you. This kind of makes me want to sell my vita. Ever since I first got a psp when it launched, my desire was to always have a second analog stick and have a great online FPS. I loved the Fire team Bravo's on the psp, and I've been excited for the Vita because of the dual analog. I bought resistance and it was a mediocre game. The reason the multiplayer doesn't keep me entertained is because it was slow, buggy, and just overall sluggish to me. This game looks like all they did was take black ops maps and skins and put it onto Resistance. I'll probably pass on this game. Luckily, I've always loved Media Molecule and Tear Away impressed me so I'll be keeping my vita for awhile. My only hope in fps on the vita is Killzone, which I'm sure is a year+ away still.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Sweet.looking forward to getting this for mines. Esoecially zombies.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahabraden View Post
    I think I may have watched a different video then you.
    It's entirely possible that you did. From what I have seen, the game looks stellar. Great graphics, great map layout, 8 person support, smooth play.

Superior Member

I hope the gunplay is as silky as COD. Resistance felt clunky and not smooth. The sprint was a little difficult to get used to as well but COD has never had good graphics....probably the worst FPS graphics I've seen (cut scenes excluded) this gen imo. I know I will get hated on but that has never been what its about. Like Counterstrike...it isn't the graphics its the gameplay. Graphics just were passable for my standard. From the look this looks superior to Resistance so perhaps Activision loaned out their code/assets. I HOPE so because I would like a COD experience on the go.

Superior Member

PSN ID
    XSpike
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    The only thing that would make that video look amazing is if the game is running at 60fps (Resistance BB was 30fps no?) and they upped the player count to at least 6v6. When compared to KZ, AC:L, LBP this video is pretty unimpressive

The worst of the worst in that video is the sound, its like they overlayed the sound after making the video and still couldn't get it to match up with the video... But it could still turn out to be an alright game, it just needs some more players online at least and ZOMBIES
    Bow down before Drippy - Lord High Lord of the Fairies

Apprentice

Am I the only one here to thinks this looks like shi* ?
    I mean c'mon guys, that looks like 1:1 Burning Skies ... both of them look like HD PSP games imo, Nihilistic is the wrong company for those big names, thank god they are not doing Killzone, where you can actually see they are not.
    Golden Abyss remains the graphical highlight for now on the PSV.

PSU Technical Advisor
    4v4 = stupid. I like small focused team games.. But COD was meant to 'scale' gameplay wise.

8v8 4v4 2v2 etc.

I think most first person shooters are this way. Capping it at a maximum of 8 players in a match is... Just not cool imo.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by breaKdown.iNC View Post
    Am I the only one here to thinks this looks like shi* ?
    I mean c'mon guys, that looks like 1:1 Burning Skies ... both of them look like HD PSP games imo, Nihilistic is the wrong company for those big names, thank god they are not doing Killzone, where you can actually see they are not.
    Visuals are only one aspect of the game. If it's not up to what people want, that's fine. However, I don't think it's going to nuke the game if it has great game play. Look at the COD games that haven't had much visual expansion over the years, but do so well because of the feature stacked gameplay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    4v4 = stupid. I like small focused team games.. But COD was meant to 'scale' gameplay wise.

8v8 4v4 2v2 etc.

I think most first person shooters are this way. Capping it at a maximum of 8 players in a match is... Just not cool imo.
    I agree to some point, but if the game play is really good with that amount, it'll get a thumbs up.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    So long as they can get close to 60fps and have that trademark smooth feel that CoD games have online then that's all that matters at this point. It's just a shame that the caliber of the developer isn't very high and I would love to be proven wrong here.

I was initially disappointed with the 4v4 but the maps will be smaller and it'll have an even more of a twitchy jump in and play feel to, so that's all good

Maybe Resistance was a test game ?

*clutching at straws*

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    akhi216
    Quote Originally Posted by breaKdown.iNC View Post
    Virtua Tennis 4 World Tour Edition/Power Smash 4?

Forum Guru
    I know I'll end up buying declassified, I didn't think the trailer was too bad. It looked, well it looked like COD to me and I'm looking forward to the spec op missions as well as trying out multiplayer.

IMO acouple of other things could have been added (maybe they are and we don't know?) but for instance they could have emphasised links between declassified and blopsII:

XP on the Go
    Profile syncing between Vita and PS3

To get people's attention a bit more which I don't think would have been that hard to do. Just imagine being sat in the terminal of a airport or on a bus ride being able to rack up some xp for back home. I think people's ears may have $#@!ed up a bit considering how many prestiged badges I see.

Even the new load out system hasn't made it into declassified, back to the old, primary, secondary, tactical, lethal etc etc classes.

From the limited info we know on this, it could have been made much more and still might be so will just have to wait and see. Like I said, I'll be buying it but currently thinking more needs to be done.

Thread Information