Latest PSU headlines:

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot

EA considering Cross Buy for NFS: Most Wanted

IGN reached out to EA to ask whether NFS:MW will take advantage of Cross Buy, they neither confirmed nor denied. Watch this space I guess! Would be great for more 3rd party devs taking advantage of this.

“We’re taking it under consideration,” an EA spokesperson told IGN, “but we have no specific plans to announce at this time.”

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    This would be Great!!

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Marcgear
    Items PlayStation
    This would be all sorts of epic. it would make me buy more games in general to be fair
    New member of the PS4 club

4. Likes Ghost , DeviousOne likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by marcsony View Post
    This would be all sorts of epic. it would make me buy more games in general to be fair
    Def agree with this

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by marcsony View Post
    Yeah me too. I was already getting the three titles announced at the presser, but I would be extremely tempted to buy more games that offered this. It makes the Cross Play initiative realistic for the wallets of gamers. It has been rumored that Metal Gear Rising will be making it's way to Vita. I would love to see Kojima adopt this. I mean he's going to have to. He created this whole transfarring catchword and if he thinks gamers are going to double dip for the option then he needs to lay of the sake!

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Dude most vita to ps3 games should do this. I understand why not but still nonetheless this would be sick.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Superior Member

I think this would be a great pre-order bonus for more games. Seriously, think about this. How many times have you said...oh I will definately pick that game up. Then it launches and you are short of cash, busy, whatever but you don't. Time goes by...other games come out...so on...before you know it you never bought it...or you buy it used for cheap. This is a great motivation to buy day 1....EA gets all that money...they get a sale that a lot of times never happens or when it does the gross has been all but squeezed out of it...or it goes to gamestop for a resold game. Think about it....it also helps the publisher to get a much much faster return on investment. Sales on day 1 are worth more than the same sale on day 30. Why? Because that money can be reinvested...earn interest...so on. It is a good idea for a lot of games...perhaps not all...but I think it is something that they should look into. Sony obviously sees this. Even if they just call it like the Bonus Edition and its $10 more its worth it. Gamers get a value and EA gets sales. Maybe even Sony will subsidize it somehow....like they do Free games on the PSN. IDK because idk their inner-workings but this could be a win all around. I love my Vita and this type of news makes me even happier. I will be honest it probably would help me buy games I wouldn't otherwise buy because I'm just not going to pay full price...especially for both. You also have DLC to help recoup sales....so many positives for both sides on this.

If this holds true and we see them do this....Sony is going to pick up some momentum I tell you. Not just with Vita but on PS3 software. It could help shift the majority of games sold on each console from a 360 advantage to PS3 because of the extra content. Instead of exclusive maps, levels, dlc, just give me free crossplay! The Vita games are starting to come out and with those promising releases, PS1 emulation, and now crossplay (and possible 3rd party). Vita won't need a price drop.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    If this happens it would pursuade me to buy the PS3 version of NFS Most Wanted.

Superior Member

PSN ID
    XSpike
    They should do it, I'd buy the game then. As I wouldn't consider it otherwise but if I get both version... Then thats another game for my Vita and when I'm home I could play it on the big screen.
    Bow down before Drippy - Lord High Lord of the Fairies

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    So with these cross but games
    Is it only through the PlayStation network? Or can you buy the game physically on ps3 and get a code for the vita version? Or even better an actual game cart/box to save me soace. Lol.

Via Tapatalk

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    So with these cross but games
    Is it only through the PlayStation network? Or can you buy the game physically on ps3 and get a code for the vita version? Or even better an actual game cart/box to save me soace. Lol.

Via Tapatalk
    If you buy the PS3 version physically or digitally you get a code to download the Vita counterpart.

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Told you EA wasn't all that bad.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    If you buy the PS3 version physically or digitally you get a code to download the Vita counterpart.
    Not bad at all, most of these games I wanna get on ps3 anyway so it's cool to have that option for a vita copy too.

Problem is I have a 4gb stick coz I planned to get all my vita games physically...I guess If I really like it on vita I'll just buy it again lol

Via Tapatalk

15. Likes skinny_jr likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    It's too soon to celebrate, I'll take their comments with a grain of salt. It's EA we're talking about here.

17. Likes $Greatness$ , Admartian likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    Not bad at all, most of these games I wanna get on ps3 anyway so it's cool to have that option for a vita copy too.

Problem is I have a 4gb stick coz I planned to get all my vita games physically...I guess If I really like it on vita I'll just buy it again lol

Via Tapatalk
    Well, here in Austria, the price of a 16gb MC is about the price of a new game. If you plan on buying games with Cross Buy, I think it would be a worthwhile investment. I'm gonna rock on with my 16GB and see how far Sony go with this. If more games get it I'ma dish out for the 32GB. The money saved from Sly 4, PSABR and R&C Vita downloads more than justify the price for me.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    Told you EA wasn't all that bad.
    bah.. see FonFahbre's post lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by FonFahbre View Post
    It's too soon to celebrate, I'll take their comments with a grain of salt. It's EA we're talking about here.
    Exactly. If it's done, I'll get it.

Forum Guru
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    I'd be happy just with a discount voucher in PS3 retail boxes for the vita counterpart. A freebie would rock though

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    EA have done alright by PS3 owners, they gave PS3 owners a free HD Extraction with Dead Space 2, gave all the DLC with Mass Effect 2 etc. You are right though, until this is officially announced it's to be taken with a grain of bath salts.

22. Likes Wrath , davin_g likes this post
    Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    EA have done alright by PS3 owners, they gave PS3 owners a free HD Extraction with Dead Space 2, gave all the DLC with Mass Effect 2 etc. You are right though, until this is officially announced it's to be taken with a grain of bath salts.
    Well I agree with you that this is all but certain it IS encouraging they are considering it. Normally if something is false you deny it (and sometimes even if it is true you deny). Like Sony with a price cut. We have no plans at this time. Saying we are considering it but no plans for an announcement is entirely different. Imagine if Sony said that about a price cut....

I know I know its still a long shot but it is definately interesting their choice of words. It could be a free copy...it could be a discount....it could be a pre-order bonus...or game content shared...but it does show they are considering options....and I find that encouraging.

PSN ID
    brunotelloli
    Quote Originally Posted by SupraGaz View Post
    I'd be happy just with a discount voucher in PS3 retail boxes for the vita counterpart. A freebie would rock though
    hahahahahaha =)
    PSN: brunotelloli | www.psvitainside.com.br

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    I'm a fan of EA but I agree that they actually haven't committed anything yet.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Forum Guru
    I would buy it even with slightly higher PSN price.
    'no, no one in their sane mind uses OpenGL on PS3' - Repi
    'nope, PS3 uses a wonderful low-level API called libgcm' - Repi

Thread Information