Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Rayman Legends is a Wii U exclusive

When Rayman Legends launches as a Wii U game this fall, that's all it'll be launching as. According to the last three or so seconds of the game's Gamescom trailer above, Rayman Legends will be a Wii U exclusive.

Considering the amount of touchscreen/Wiipad stuff going in this trailer, it's clear that Ubisoft has been taking Wii U integration seriously – we just didn't think it was that serious. All Rayman titles up until this point have been multiplatform, and since Ubisoft itself said the game wasn't necessarily an exclusive back in June, we kinda expected that to be the case.

We asked Ubisoft for clarification just to make super extra sure, and were told that "yes, Rayman Legends is a Wii U exclusive. It will be releasing in Holiday 2012."

Still, we'd be surprised if the game didn't end up other other platforms eventually, though we imagine quite a bit of rejiggering would be required to make Rayman Legends function on an Xbox. The PS3, however, could handle it quite easily provided there was also a Vita involved.
    via Joystiq.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 08-16-2012 at 06:26.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar!

Metal King Slime, formerly Black. Gaming since Super Mario World (SNES).

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    it has begun! let the console WARS BEGIN!!

"We, the PS360 community, pledge to stand fast in the face of adversity and touch screens"

this will be an amazing game! im too old to enjoy it myself though
    i guess that's what family is for
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Fffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!

Veteran
    Why wouldn't it be? It was specifically designed for that console.

Am I missing something?

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Iron Maiden3DSBaby ChocoboDr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturama
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    it has begun! let the console WARS BEGIN!!

"We, the PS360 community, pledge to stand fast in the face of adversity and touch screens"

this will be an amazing game! im too old to enjoy it myself though
    i guess that's what family is for
    You're never too old to enjoy a video game. Unless it were like Hello Kitty or Sesame street or something like that lol
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

6. Likes StaticAge, Fijiandoce likes this post
    Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by Kauldron View Post
    Why wouldn't it be? It was specifically designed for that console.

Am I missing something?
    Well it seems like its a sequel/follow up to Rayman Origins... so naturally one would expect it to be on the same platforms as what its predecessor was on.

I got Origins on the xbox 360 and I'd love to play Legends on the same console... kind of really lame

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by RaY_210 View Post
    You're never too old to enjoy a video game. Unless it were like Hello Kitty or Sesame street or something like that lol
    im only 21!

i need a legit reason to play these games at my age

"Too young to be old. Too old to be young"
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    I'm 20 and i enjoyed the hell out of Rayman Origins. Its pure brilliance in design

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    I'm 20 and i enjoyed the hell out of Rayman Origins. Its pure brilliance in design
    despite alluding otherwise, i do enjoy playing these games with my younger cousins, nieces and nephews. they get so much joy out of it.
    in truth, its some of the best gaming moments when playing games like this with family.

that and the fact that im totally baws them XD
    i kid i kid.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Iron Maiden3DSBaby ChocoboDr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturama
    im only 21!

i need a legit reason to play these games at my age

"Too young to be old. Too old to be young"
    How about because they're fun?
    Just out of curiosity, what are some games that you're "too old" to play?

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    How about because they're fun?
    Just out of curiosity, what are some games that you're "too old" to play?
    by myself? anything colorful

everything needs to be dark and grey and stuff needs to go boom and stuff

nah, i enjoy most types of games. these particular titles i don't find fun unless im playing with someone else.
    although i might have spoken in jest, i am a little old to play these games. it isn't fun when there is no feedback. ie, deliberately screwing over the person sitting next to you, and then getting the beat down reprisal

this game compounds that feeling. WiiU will only come with one of those tablets. who will use it? me. what will be the purpose? nothing, emptyness awaits you.

on the other hand. throw in a couple of buddies or children. and hilarity ensues! i could crush one of them, or all of them. screw them over, cheat my ass off. all for fun. what is the goal of the game? beat the guy with the tablet. both figuratively and literally.

serious though, using that blue shell in mario cart when playing one of my little cousins is a sure way to commit suicide. Hell, i've gotten the beatdown for the AI using it

edit:
    also this:
    Last edited by Fijiandoce; 08-16-2012 at 15:52.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Elite Member
    I didn't like Rayman Origins that much. I don't think this game will sell Wii U systems.
    Thanks to Kwesnoth for the sig!

TheCinemaJack Movie Reviews!

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    The sales of this game will depend on how well the Wii U sells. Anyone picking up a Wii U I would say atleast 60% would pick up this game with the console

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Elite Member

As Fijiandoce said, this game has no blood and guns so i'm too old to play it, for little kids so i'm out.

That aside, doesn't everyone think Ubisoft is really putting a lot of faith in the Wii U with this game and zombie?

It looks similar to origins which IGN, joystick and others gave 9.5/10 and above saying this game is very fun, origins sold very little so I guess "relaunching" it on a new console might help.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by Super_Lilith View Post
    As Fijiandoce said, this game has no blood and guns so i'm too old to play it, for little kids so i'm out.
    care to quote that for me? whilst you're at it, would you kindly provide the context it was used in?

im not sure how much you read of my posts but i blatantly stated i was speaking in jest.

am i too old? you think you can tell me what my preferences are at my age? funny, i don't recall saying no one my age should play this game? i merely stated my preference for playing these games with company.

more to the point, can you directly quote "blood and guns" from any of my posts? for you to insinuate such an illogical, make believe post and claim i said it is quite offensive. especially when "Blood and Guns" is furthest from the reason i game!

are these games fun to play by myself? no!
    its my preference to enjoy these games with others, i look forward to the tablet the WiiU possesses as it will make these moments that much better for all those playing.

what i look for in a game like this? the laughter of friendly competition.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    by myself? anything colorful

everything needs to be dark and grey and stuff needs to go boom and stuff

nah, i enjoy most types of games. these particular titles i don't find fun unless im playing with someone else.
    although i might have spoken in jest, i am a little old to play these games. it isn't fun when there is no feedback. ie, deliberately screwing over the person sitting next to you, and then getting the beat down reprisal

this game compounds that feeling. WiiU will only come with one of those tablets. who will use it? me. what will be the purpose? nothing, emptyness awaits you.

on the other hand. throw in a couple of buddies or children. and hilarity ensues! i could crush one of them, or all of them. screw them over, cheat my ass off. all for fun. what is the goal of the game? beat the guy with the tablet. both figuratively and literally.

serious though, using that blue shell in mario cart when playing one of my little cousins is a sure way to commit suicide. Hell, i've gotten the beatdown for the AI using it

edit:
    also this:
    Lol oh alright man. I understand your view. I love a good multiplayer game as well, but ever since I had to "grow up", no ones really around anymore to get some gaming sessions in like I used to have back in the day lol

Quote Originally Posted by Super_Lilith View Post

That aside, doesn't everyone think Ubisoft is really putting a lot of faith in the Wii U with this game and zombie?

It looks similar to origins which IGN, joystick and others gave 9.5/10 and above saying this game is very fun, origins sold very little so I guess "relaunching" it on a new console might help.
    Yeah I'm really surprised from Ubisoft as well. Hopefully they keep it up.

care to quote that for me? whilst you're at it, would you kindly provide the context it was used in?

im not sure how much you read of my posts but i blatantly stated i was speaking in jest.

am i too old? you think you can tell me what my preferences are at my age? funny, i don't recall saying no one my age should play this game? i merely stated my preference for playing these games with company.

more to the point, can you directly quote "blood and guns" from any of my posts? for you to insinuate such an illogical, make believe post and claim i said it is quite offensive. especially when "Blood and Guns" is furthest from the reason i game!

are these games fun to play by myself? no!
    its my preference to enjoy these games with others, i look forward to the tablet the WiiU possesses as it will make these moments that much better for all those playing.

what i look for in a game like this? the laughter of friendly competition.
    I could be wrong, but I think he was being sarcastic. That's how I took it anyways.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    I could be wrong, but I think he was being sarcastic. That's how I took it anyways.
    but its all in bold. i could have sworn we have rules on 'bold' posts.
    and i was even quoted wrong

if i am wrong then i am sorry for RAGING incoherently
    but it did come across a bit sideways >_> especially with all the boldness
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Thread Information