PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Black Ops: Declassified under fire by Vita fans

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Nihilistic Software doesn't have a good history of games so their concerns is understandable. I really do hope that some of Treyarch's talents are pooled into the development of Declassified.

3. Likes DarkVincent07 likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by FonFahbre View Post
    Nihilistic Software doesn't have a good history of games so their concerns is understandable. I really do hope that some of Treyarch's talents are pooled into the development of Declassified.
    Yep me too.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    The most important quote I feel is

"Clearly the game doesn’t look impressive ( graphically ) and the sound is horrific Resistance BS had the same problem too.
    COD is a huge title which can move a lot of Vita units, Sony be careful with this game.”
    Even if Sony see its poor quality and choose to delay it a few months.. its no big deal as long as the game turns out good and helps the vita... not harms it

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    Even if Sony see its poor quality and choose to delay it a few months.. its no big deal as long as the game turns out good and helps the vita... not harms it
    The game should have innovated in a lot of areas. If they're trying to sell the Vita with a Call of Duty game, they need to make it more appealing, like Killzone Mercenaries appealing.

I don't understand why Sony would give such a big franchise to Nihilistic to work on. Why not, Ready at Dawn since they have a stellar background of pushing the PSP's capabilities. They can easily do the same for the Vita!.

7. Likes Nitey likes this post
    Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by FonFahbre View Post
    I don't understand why Sony would give such a big franchise to Nihilistic to work on. Why not, Ready at Dawn since they have a stellar background of pushing the PSP's capabilities. They can easily do the same for the Vita!.
    It's mindboggling, isn't it? I can see this as being such a huge opportunity wasted

Apprentice

Since the CoD games on the home consoles didn't realy looked like they are pushing the hardware graphically, I was hoping that the Vita CoD would look just as good in comparison, which SHOULD be somehow possible imo.
    I mean, if you look how close Uncharted looks for a launch title compared to its PS3 counterpart, I realy can see how a CoD on Vita could do the same.
    Nihilistic is just the wrong studio for such a big name, there are so many companies involved into CoD like Treyarch, Infinity Ward, Raven Soft, Sledgehammer Games and even Neversoft is now working on CoD ... every single one of them could have delivered a CoD as we know it on the Vita.

Well, at least I can still be happy about Killzone Mercenary beeing develped by Guerilla games which looks like a Killzone game and not a Burning Skies mod.

10. Likes DarkVincent07 likes this post
    Forum Sage
    It's not really Sony's IP though, so i don't think they can pick and choose who they want Activision to develop the game. I imagine Acti chose who they did to keep costs down. Bit of a catch 22 situation really - they probably don't want to throw loads of money at a game on a platform that doesn't have much of a install base yet, many people waiting to buy a Vita could be for a game such as this (I was, not going near this game now) but now due to how $#@! it looks, they may hold off.

6 maps, 30FPS, 4v4 multiplayer? C'mon son, the Vita deserves better than that. I can't help but think it's just a cash in on the 'Call of Duty' franchise name. I really hope this isn't a sign of things to come like the PSP - Console game cash ins. They need to ditch this whole 'console games on the move' strategy and make games built especially for the Vita.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    It's definitely a cash in. Basically what the DS CoDs are and the Wii CoD and the iPhone CoD. That's what doesn't make any sense. With the Vita they have a platform available to really get some huge returns as a console-like CoD will undoubtedly shift units for Sony and shift units for Activision. I suppose when youre swimming in the money that they are, who gives a $#@! right? lol

Like you said it' sa catch 22, they don't want to invest in a platform that hasn't really taken off. If by some miracle the game does well, then they'll just milk nihilistic some more and Vita owners won't ever get a decent CoD. If the game is a turd and sells like a turd, attributing to further low sales on the platform, then Activitision will just walk away completely.

I'm gutted as it didn't need to have any fancy cross-play or anything with the PS3 version. Just a good, respectable port and it would have done well
    Last edited by Nitey; 08-17-2012 at 12:11.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    It's not really Sony's IP though, so i don't think they can pick and choose who they want Activision to develop the game. I imagine Acti chose who they did to keep costs down. Bit of a catch 22 situation really - they probably don't want to throw loads of money at a game on a platform that doesn't have much of a install base yet, many people waiting to buy a Vita could be for a game such as this (I was, not going near this game now) but now due to how $#@! it looks, they may hold off.

6 maps, 30FPS, 4v4 multiplayer? C'mon son, the Vita deserves better than that. I can't help but think it's just a cash in on the 'Call of Duty' franchise name. I really hope this isn't a sign of things to come like the PSP - Console game cash ins. They need to ditch this whole 'console games on the move' strategy and make games built especially for the Vita
    Beautifully said. And as for new games built for the system, Tearaway is exactly what it needs.

But yeah, obviously not all hope is lost, its 1 trailer we've seen, but I hope it turns out to be good, for Vitas sake

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    akhi216
    Of course it's under fire. What else would one expect when a weak developer gets tapped on the shoulder to make a COD only to ready a skinned Resistance BS mod (pun intended).

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Meh... I love it when people that haven't played it says it's no good. lol (specifically "people", not anyone posting in here.)

16. Likes Thorzilla likes this post
    PSU Technical Advisor
    Alright, so by what metric should we judge this FEAR? "Well, ok it does run at half the framerate.. And it does only have 6 maps.. and 4v4.. And yea it does look worse than the original Black Ops.. BUT WE HAVENT PLAYED IT!" And the devs behind it have had a lukewarm reception on the Vita.

You're just being overwhelmingly optimistic here imo.

It's more than fair to be skeptical right now.

What this game doesn't give COD fans:

1. Identical player count.
    2. Equivalent amount of maps.
    3. Equivalent graphics.
    4. Identical framerate (literally half)

So what now? Do we compare this to the COD DS titles? Ok sure. Then this is AMAZING and GROUND BREAKING, so long as we keep our eyes glued to this abomination:

Yaay it's amazing! Go Nihilistic!
    Last edited by Vulgotha; 08-18-2012 at 23:57.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    Alright, so by what metric should we judge this FEAR? "Well, ok it does run at half the framerate.. And it does only have 6 maps.. and 4v4.. And yea it does look worse than the original Black Ops.. BUT WE HAVENT PLAYED IT!" And the devs behind it have had a lukewarm reception on the Vita.

You're just being overwhelmingly optimistic here imo.

It's more than fair to be skeptical right now.

What this game doesn't give COD fans:

1. Identical player count.
    2. Equivalent amount of maps.
    3. Equivalent graphics.
    4. Identical framerate (literally half)

So what now? Do we compare this to the COD DS titles? Ok sure. Then this is AMAZING and GROUND BREAKING, so long as we keep our eyes glued to this abomination:

Yaay it's amazing! Go Nihilistic!
    Nothing wrong with being skeptical about it. Something wrong with determining the game isn't any good for you based on others opinions. It's F34R not FEAR.

So what metric should you use to judge it? Play the game and decide on whether or not you like it the way it is.

PSU Technical Advisor
    That would most likely require a purchase, unless they provide us with a demo lol.

I'll settle with the potential demo. Also, I have gone all these years calling you FEAR, and I shall continue to do so, because I'm too damned lazy to reach up and hit "34" while also hitting "fr".

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    That would most likely require a purchase, unless they provide us with a demo lol.

I'll settle with the potential demo. Also, I have gone all these years calling you FEAR, and I shall continue to do so, because I'm too damned lazy to reach up and hit "34" while also hitting "fr".
    A little over a year ago, I put together a tutorial..

ROFL. Loved doing it!

21. Likes Fon , BBK.. likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Brilliant

23. Likes F34R likes this post
    Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    A little over a year ago, I put together a tutorial..

ROFL. Loved doing it!
    $#@!ing golden. I especially like the credits.

I always do my best to name forum members exactly by their user name, like Ghost-Rhayne; Soldier 95B; zzkurozz, DarkVincent07 and of course, F34R(Which isn't all that hard to type).

25. Likes F34R likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    Lets hope this game turns out good this is the game that i will get the vita for...

Thread Information