Ancient
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Gamescom 2012: Remember Me was originally a Sony project

Remember Me developer Dontnod has revealed that the futuristic actioner was originally a Sony-backed project before the electronics giant decided to give it the chop last year.

The game was originally unveiled at Gamescom 2011 under the title of Adrift before being snapped up by Japanese giant Capcom* – but Dontnod revealed Sony’s vision of the game differed from what we have today.

“They stopped a number of games last year at Sony and we took back the IP rights and were able to continue to develop it thanks to the support of the investors. We were then able to sign the game to a publisher who’s portfolio is a better fit for the game,” the firm told GI.biz.

“This project is not exactly the same, it is an evolution. The concept of what we had with Sony was different,” explained Dontnod co-founder, Oskar Guilbert.

“Sony wanted to focus on a different type of game and we don’t really fit with that. But we’re in a very good relationship with them.”

Remember Me was re-revealed at Gamescom this week and confirmed for a May 2013 launch on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. The game focuses on the purchasing and selling of memories in Neo-Paris in the year 2084.
    What a missed opportunity, the game would have looked good in Sony's stable.

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Soldier 95B
    I think this is great news. They have more freedom, and an opportunity to make the game even better than ever now.

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    I think this is great news. They have more freedom, and an opportunity to make the game even better than ever now.
    Really? I think thw budget from Sony and the ability to Use Sonys in-house engine would have done the game wonders, thou more people get to play it this way so thats a plus
    But the game definitely would have benefited if it was a Sony project, theres no ifs or buts about that
    Lets just hope they are using a decent engine with this title

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

Superior Member
    This is another to add to the list of games I have to get. I don't really care which console(s) it comes out on, I just want to play it.
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Really? I think thw budget from Sony and the ability to Use Sonys in-house engine would have done the game wonders, thou more people get to play it this way so thats a plus
    But the game definitely would have benefited if it was a Sony project, theres no ifs or buts about that
    Lets just hope they are using a decent engine with this title

Why a Sony engine? It could be any decent engine. I haven't found anything special about any Sony engine. They all seem to be doing about the same. Be it Unreal, Euphoria, Frostbite 2.0, Unity 3, Fox engine, you name it. They are all pretty much putting the best possible out there. I wouldn't want to limit to just the Sony engine, as there are better ones out there.

But yes, the point is, the more people the better.

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Why a Sony engine? It could be any decent engine. I haven't found anything special about any Sony engine. They all seem to be doing about the same. Be it Unreal, Euphoria, Frostbite 2.0, Unity 3, Fox engine, you name it. They are all pretty much putting the best possible out there. I wouldn't want to limit to just the Sony engine, as there are better ones out there.

But yes, the point is, the more people the better.
    Because chances are its UE3 and say the Uncharted engine is better?
    But the other engines you mentioned would be great too but its more than likely UE3

Last edited by TGO; 08-17-2012 at 17:54.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Because chances are its UE3 and say the Uncharted engine is better?
    But the other engines you mentioned would be great too but its more than likely UE3

UC has a nice engine indeed, and I think UE 3.5 is equally just as good. But, the game is gonna be sweet from what I have seen so far

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    I guess that rumor i heard about this once being a PS3 exclusive was true. Looking forward to it.

Thread Information