Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Metal Gear Rising gets a release date, gamescom 2012 trailer

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance has been catching a lot of heat because of the whole lack-of-stealth thing, but many Metal Gear fans are still looking forward to seeing where it's all going. This new trailerfor the game from Gamescom 2012 is pretty much the same one we saw at E3, but with a new bit tacked on in which Raiden has to fight a robot dog with a chainsaw on its head. Oh yeah.
    It looks like you can tame that critter at some point, too.

Revengeance also got a release date, that being February 21st, 2013. You don't have to wait till then to have a look, however, as the Zone of Enders HD Collection will have a Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance demo on it when it releases in October.

Source: QJ

Last edited by Metal King Slime; 08-21-2012 at 18:46.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Playing MGS4 with the patch has me amped for this title. Platinum have done a really good job and it looks cool. Will be a day 1 for me.

Veteran
    I think I'll get this when it's cheaper.

Ultimate Veteran

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - gamescom 2012 trailer

EDIT: See Lethal's above post.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 08-21-2012 at 18:45.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Well, helicopter slicing......
    You don't see that every day.....

6. Likes Metal King Slime likes this post
    Veteran
    Oh my gosh. This game just gets cheesier and cheesier. I can't take it anymore. The whole last part was just so hilariously bad. Gameplay could be good, though. Like I said in another post, it's a good thing I don't play games for story/narrative.

Raiden: "...but I was wrong"

*cue background vocals*
    Background Vocals: WRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by Bio
    Yep, NGP will retail at $300. We all know it's going to happen.

Dedicated Member
    Can't wait to see more of this. I wonder if there are going to be robots in the form of any of the other Beast's from MGS4.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Replaying MGS4 has me excited for this title. Platinum seem to be doing a good job.

10. Likes bigCman123 likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio View Post
    Oh my gosh. This game just gets cheesier and cheesier. I can't take it anymore. The whole last part was just so hilariously bad. Gameplay could be good, though. Like I said in another post, it's a good thing I don't play games for story/narrative.

Raiden: "...but I was wrong"

*cue background vocals*
    Background Vocals: WRONG!
    It's meant to be a bit cheesy and funny. Do you remember Raiden getting pissed on in MGS2? Or when the president grabbed his balls? Or when Akiba was taking a $#@! in a barrel, or $#@! himself in a gunfight? Or when Big Boss got really excited about glowing mushrooms? Or Otacon pissing himself in MGS1? Please stop acting like MGS has never had anything weird, cheesy, or funny in it.

Also this is Platinum Games working with Kojima Productions. Personally I'm really excited, I loved Bayonetta, and I'm a huge MGS fan and love the idea of playing as a Cyborg Ninja finally.

Heck just playing MGS4 again has me pumped for this and the inevitable true MGS5.
    Last edited by bigCman123; 08-21-2012 at 05:48.

12. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    He slices a helicopter with a 4 ft blade. Of course it's cheesy.
    I liked it though.

Ultimate Veteran
    I didn't realize you posted the gamescom trailer, Lethal. Merged my thread with yours.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    He slices a helicopter with a 4 ft blade. Of course it's cheesy.
    I liked it though.
    No he doesn't. It's a video game. But there's an explanation for this. Take GOW for example. Although Kratos' blades are attached at the END of the chains (which can be over 30 meters long, or over 90 feet --> look GOW1 hydra fight; and although Raiden's sword is NOT a magical weapon, it's the same principle: Kratos cuts everything that get's touched within the radius of his chains.) he cuts everything within the radius of his chains.

With Raiden, it's a little bit different. Think of it as some sort of "everything gets cut in this layer". Sorry I can't find the proper English terms, but I hope you understand what I mean. It's not that the blade itself extends itself, but it's a layer that's created by the blade and everything that's within this layer/angle get's cut. I think that's pretty badass and much more fun.

Edit: Oh and by the way... when I first saw a Metal Gear Rising trailer this year (never heard of it before because I never played a Metal Gear game) I felt embarrassed watching it, because it felt sooooooo damn cheesy when he threw this huge boss with the huge orange blade, then jumped onto the blade and cut it to pieces. Or when the street/bridge collapsed and he runs up the WALL (the street is positioned at a nearly 90 degree angle!), jumps from rocket to rocket, and cuts the helicopter to pieces from a huge distance, although his blade is only 1,2 meters (or 4 feet - it may be longer or shorter, I don't know) long.

But month after month, my interest grew and now I'm absolutely hyped for this game. I loved the bit at the end of the new Gamescom trailer. It's exactly this cheesy vibe that's different now. All games try to be super-serious these days. It gives you some kind of old school feel - and I like that.

I predict that MGR Revengeance will be one hell of a game that's huge loads of fun.
    Last edited by MBS D@v!d; 08-21-2012 at 22:33.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by MBS D@v!d View Post
    No he doesn't. It's a video game. But there's an explanation for this. Take GOW for example. Although Kratos' blades are attached at the END of the chains (which can be over 30 meters long, or over 90 feet --> look GOW1 hydra fight; and although Raiden's sword is NOT a magical weapon, it's the same principle: Kratos cuts everything that get's touched within the radius of his chains.) he cuts everything within the radius of his chains.

With Raiden, it's a little bit different. Think of it as some sort of "everything gets cut in this layer". Sorry I can't find the proper English terms, but I hope you understand what I mean. It's not that the blade itself extends itself, but it's a layer that's created by the blade and everything that's within this layer/angle get's cut. I think that's pretty badass and much more fun.

Edit: Oh and by the way... when I first saw a Metal Gear Rising trailer this year (never heard of it before because I never played a Metal Gear game) I felt embarrassed watching it, because it felt sooooooo damn cheesy when he threw this huge boss with the huge orange blade, then jumped onto the blade and cut it to pieces. Or when the street/bridge collapsed and he runs up the WALL (the street is positioned at a nearly 90 degree angle!), jumps from rocket to rocket, and cuts the helicopter to pieces from a huge distance, although his blade is only 1,2 meters (or 4 feet - it may be longer or shorter, I don't know) long.

But month after month, my interest grew and now I'm absolutely hyped for this game. I loved the bit at the end of the new Gamescom trailer. It's exactly this cheesy vibe that's different now. All games try to be super-serious these days. It gives you some kind of old school feel - and I like that.

I predict that MGR Revengeance will be one hell of a game that's huge loads of fun.
    Oh I dont have a problem with it at all, as I said I liked it.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by bigCman123 View Post
    It's meant to be a bit cheesy and funny. Do you remember Raiden getting pissed on in MGS2? Or when the president grabbed his balls? Or when Akiba was taking a $#@! in a barrel, or $#@! himself in a gunfight? Or when Big Boss got really excited about glowing mushrooms? Or Otacon pissing himself in MGS1? Please stop acting like MGS has never had anything weird, cheesy, or funny in it.
    I'm aware that MGS has always had its moments like those and remember almost all of those. The amount in MGR, however, is more than I would have ever expected, that's all.

It's not like I think the game will be bad or something. I'm just indifferent to the direction of the game at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio
    Yep, NGP will retail at $300. We all know it's going to happen.

Soldier 95B
    Awesome trailer for sure. The game keeps looking better and better.

19. Likes bigCman123 likes this post

Thread Information