Latest PSU headlines:

Thread: ***** Riot

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

***** Riot

Well 3 members of ***** riot have been sentenced to 2 years in jail for this.

Judge Marina Syrova: "These three plus others... plotted together to undermine civil order, motivated by religious hatred"
    Continue reading the main story
    Related Stories

Three members of Russian punk band ***** Riot have been jailed for two years after staging an anti-Vladimir Putin protest in a Moscow cathedral.

Judge Marina Syrova convicted the women of hooliganism motivated by religious hatred, saying they had "crudely undermined social order".

The women say the protest, in February, was directed at the Russian Orthodox Church leader's support for Mr Putin.

The US, UK and EU all criticised the sentences as "disproportionate".

Prosecutors had been seeking a three-year jail sentence for the women.

Judge Syrova said Maria Alyokhina, 24, Nadezhda Tolokonnikova, 22, and Yekaterina Samutsevich, 29, had offended the feelings of Orthodox believers and shown a "complete lack of respect".

"Tolokonnikova, Alyokhina and Samutsevich committed hooliganism - in other words, a grave violation of public order," she said.
    Worldwide protests

Along with other members of their band, the women staged a flashmob-style performance of their song close to the altar in the cathedral on 21 February.
    Supporters of ***** Riot place balaclavas on a statue in a Moscow underground station (17 Aug 2012)

In pictures: ***** Riot support around the world

Their brief, obscenity-laced performance, which implored the Virgin Mary to "throw Putin out", enraged the Orthodox Church - its leader Patriarch Kirill said it amounted to blasphemy.

Mr Putin was elected for a third term as president two weeks later.

Alyokhina, Tolokonnikova and Samutsevich, watching Friday's proceedings from inside a glass-walled cage in the courtroom, smiled as the widely predicted conviction was announced.

The judge then took three hours to read the verdict, before handing down "two years deprivation of liberty in a penal colony" for each defendant.
    “Start Quote

They are in jail because it is Putin's personal revenge"”

Alexei Navalny Opposition leader

"Considering the nature and degree of the danger posed by what was done, the defendants' correction is possible only through an actual punishment," she said.

One man in the courtroom shouted "shame" at the sentencing, and there were chants and whistles from the band's supporters outside.

Tolokonnikova's husband, Pyotr Verzilov, said: "Russia's image was quite scary even before [this]. What happened now is a clear sign that Russia is moving towards becoming more like China or North Korea."

Opposition leader Alexei Navalny added: "They are in jail because it is Putin's personal revenge. This verdict was written by Vladimir Putin."

The defendants' lawyer, Nikolai Polozov, said they would not appeal to President Putin for a pardon. However, there will be a legal appeal against the verdict.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-19297373

This is a local shop for local people you have no business here!

Supreme Veteran

Go to www.rt.com mate you will learn the truth there. Bbc is all lies

Anyways, i learnt about this on rt.com my news channel i watch all the time. And its not a shocker though, they did wrong amd made their message in the wromg place and forum. If it was in a non-religious place. They would have got away with it

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Claud got some competition so it seems..

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Supreme Veteran

Lmao, look i am a rt.com and rt channel fan. I wat h doco's, crosstalk, kasire report, spotligh and alyon shown etc..etc..., its not all about news. I learn about the world and the **** that happens. Rt.com was recently attacked by hackers over the assange asylum and it was the usa based hackers said it wa them, anti-wiki they are called. Its the only channel i trust and watch. I know they could be lying and spinning a bull**** story. But i would watch them anyway. As i can read between the lines

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Ah I see so that's why.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Supreme Veteran

Why i clean my whole with the lies all other news channels produce lmao

7. Likes Kuro likes this post
    Power Member
    BBC doesnt lie. they cannot lie, there are rules in th UK stopping them and all British broadcasters from telling lies and embellishing on the truth anyone that tells you otherwise is telling lies.

Sure they did wrong but does it deserve 2 year in prison?
    Last edited by keefy; 08-17-2012 at 23:06.

Supreme Veteran

They photoshoped images of Syria mate. Believing they were from syria. When they were not at all. They were fron another country

Forum Sage

I'm sorry but the US has no credibility on this matter. We actively hunt and kill people of other beliefs and religions with drones. You can't get more disproportionate than that. Remember, we assassinated an American citizen on his ALLEGED ties to terrorism... with a drone... and then proceeded to kill his 16 year old son... on American soil... with a drone. We've no right to voice an opinion on the human rights issue of this and we've no right to tell another sovereign nation how to conduct its business.

Home Theater Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    They photoshoped images of Syria mate. Believing they were from syria. When they were not at all. They were fron another country
    He was being sarcastic...

Supreme Veteran

Sorry, not my fault i missed that one

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    FireSol
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    Go to www.rt.com mate you will learn the truth there. Bbc is all lies

Anyways, i learnt about this on rt.com my news channel i watch all the time. And its not a shocker though, they did wrong amd made their message in the wromg place and forum. If it was in a non-religious place. They would have got away with it
    The Cathedral of Christ the Saviour its not religious place, ist just the commercial builing that cost MUCH!!!

Supreme Veteran

Maybe so, but still not the right place to protest. It made a point yes and look what happen to them

Power Member
    Right place or not I think they are making a very valid point that the people of Russia do not do such things not out of respect but more so due to fear of prosecution.

Thread Information