Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 144
  1. #51
    Selected Members Council
    Metal King Slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Slime Hill
    Age
    23
    Posts
    23,122
    Rep Power
    195
    Points
    19,458 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Er, you guys realize that Rapture is still looking forward to playing the game, right? He just doesn't have his expectations set too high. Get over it.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 06-06-2012 at 11:25.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!



  2. Likes Ezekiel likes this post
  3. #52
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,932
    Rep Power
    134
    Points
    6,813,331 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    ^ Er, you do realise we are simply discussing whether its scripted or not. Get over it?

  4. #53
    Master Sage
    HellsJester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Alone in the Cold
    Posts
    13,628
    Rep Power
    114
    Points
    42,038 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I dont care if its scripted or not.
    Game looks hella awesome and i will play it either way.
    Naughty God can take my money.

  5. Likes Ghost likes this post
  6. #54
    Selected Members Council
    Metal King Slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Slime Hill
    Age
    23
    Posts
    23,122
    Rep Power
    195
    Points
    19,458 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I meant DarkNemesis and RedDragon7. No one is doubting the game too much and it's not 'negative crap' being thrown around. That's all I'm trying to say.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!



  7. #55
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,932
    Rep Power
    134
    Points
    6,813,331 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    I meant DarkNemesis and RedDragon7. No one is doubting the game too much and it's not 'negative crap' being thrown around. That's all I'm trying to say.
    Ahh, Ok, gotcha.

    I hope they release the truck ambush gameplay that was shown behind closed doors soon.

  8. #56
    Veteran
    Shibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Philly
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,154
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    14,834 (0 Banked)
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    I love the brutality of it; however, if it is being targeted for a Teen rating, then it's most likely not designed throughout with that brutality in mind, which would be disappointing.


  9. #57
    Power Member
    Dave-The-Rave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Age
    25
    Posts
    17,149
    Rep Power
    129
    Points
    38,713 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby View Post
    I love the brutality of it; however, if it is being targeted for a Teen rating, then it's most likely not designed throughout with that brutality in mind, which would be disappointing.
    Its already confirmed to be a Mature/18 rated game. Surely you can tell with the f bombs.
    Trophy-licious!


    3DS: 3754-7606-9595

  10. #58
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,932
    Rep Power
    134
    Points
    6,813,331 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Haha Yeah Joel smashes a guys face into the corner of a draw, blows a guys head off and in the closed truck demo pushes a dudes head into a shard of glass. This ain't no teenie game.

  11. #59
    Veteran
    Shibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Philly
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,154
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    14,834 (0 Banked)
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    Thank you for restoring my hope lol.


  12. #60
    Superior Member
    bariton1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Berlin
    PSN ID
    barit
    Age
    33
    Posts
    627
    Rep Power
    64
    Points
    6,957 (0 Banked)
    Well i think Ghost has a point.At the first look it seems all scripted but when u take a second look u can see how the scene could have been played completely different. If you are a good in shooting then i guess u could take out every foe with a single shoot. But if you are bad in shooting u need to go into close combat like ND did it with Uncharted 3. It depends where and how u take an enemy out. If he is near a wall u smash his head into it, if he is near some chair or bottle u take that to smash his head etc. I mean sure some little sequence will take the control when u have done the right thing (like every ordinary QTE) but its up to you how u want to take out the enemy and that is the brilliant part of this game.
    Last edited by bariton1; 06-06-2012 at 16:09.

  13. Likes iplayonlysony likes this post
  14. #61
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,932
    Rep Power
    134
    Points
    6,813,331 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    ND gameplay interview.

    Last edited by Ghost; 06-06-2012 at 17:16.

  15. Likes Bio, Omar, mynd , Two4DaMoney likes this post
  16. #62
    Veteran
    Shibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Philly
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,154
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    14,834 (0 Banked)
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by bariton1 View Post
    Well i think Ghost has a point.At the first look it seems all scripted but when u take a second look u can see how the scene could have been played completely different. If you are a good in shooting then i guess u could take out every foe with a single shoot. But if you are bad in shooting u need to go into close combat like ND did it with Uncharted 3. It depends where and how u take an enemy out. If he is near a wall u smash his head into it, if he is near some chair or bottle u take that to smash his head etc. I mean sure some little sequence will take the control when u have done the right thing (like every ordinary QTE) but its up to you how u want to take out the enemy and that is the brilliant part of this game.
    hopefully you can also try to sneak past stealthily. my main annoyance with Uncharted 3 was how it set up sections that made you think you could clear an area quietly but ultimately it was impossible. an added challenge for that with this game is you're not just sneaking by yourself.

    so far, some details that I love about this game:
    - no health regeneration
    - very limited resources
    - inventory with crafting
    - its brutality
    - your tag along seems to not be a complete liability
    - it's not JUST a zombie game, we have enough of them really.

    one of my big hopes for this game is that you will be able to lure infected to humans and vice-versa, to take care of the problem for you.


  17. #63
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,932
    Rep Power
    134
    Points
    6,813,331 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby View Post
    hopefully you can also try to sneak past stealthily. my main annoyance with Uncharted 3 was how it set up sections that made you think you could clear an area quietly but ultimately it was impossible. an added challenge for that with this game is you're not just sneaking by yourself.

    so far, some details that I love about this game:
    - no health regeneration
    - very limited resources
    - inventory with crafting
    - its brutality
    - your tag along seems to not be a complete liability
    - it's not JUST a zombie game, we have enough of them really.

    one of my big hopes for this game is that you will be able to lure infected to humans and vice-versa, to take care of the problem for you.
    THAT would be awesome! I have a feeling that they will incorporate something like that.

  18. #64
    Master Sage
    Nuvian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    35
    Posts
    14,842
    Rep Power
    111
    Points
    14,755 (0 Banked)
    Items User name styleLegend of ZeldaDiablo IIIHeath LedgerJoker (limited ICON)Title Style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I only now go around to watch this video, it was quite something

    Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day.
    Live and die on this day.


  19. #65
    Forum Overseer

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    32,707
    Rep Power
    198
    Points
    136,980 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    This is what Uncharted was supposed to be like.

    If this game is truly open-world (which I don't know if it is or not) then it has the potential to be the best game ever made...right now it still looks very impressive and immersive even if it is linear (which it has to be, no way they can produce those graphics with an open world).

  20. #66
    Selected Members Council
    Metal King Slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Slime Hill
    Age
    23
    Posts
    23,122
    Rep Power
    195
    Points
    19,458 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    This is what Uncharted was supposed to be like.

    If this game is truly open-world (which I don't know if it is or not) then it has the potential to be the best game ever made...right now it still looks very impressive and immersive even if it is linear (which it has to be, no way they can produce those graphics with an open world).
    It's semi-open world, which is still just as good, in my opinion.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!



  21. #67
    Ultimate Veteran
    AaronSOLDIER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Age
    22
    Posts
    20,852
    Rep Power
    120
    Points
    71,216 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    It's definitely not open world, but if there's exploration (like Fallout where you explore offices - desks, cupboards etc.) then it'll last me a long time because I like to search EVERYTHING which is why I get so many hours out of those games.

    Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

  22. #68
    Master Sage
    Two4DaMoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,712
    Rep Power
    115
    Points
    18,479 (75,576 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    E3 2012: The Last of Us is nothing like you think it is
    http://www.psu.com/a015697/E3-2012--...ou-think-it-is

    Not all devs lie and ND made it clear since the reveal that A.I. would be their number 1 focus. Wouldn't surprise me to hear people still doubt it for the hell of it.


  23. #69
    Finally You Are Free
    Nerevar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Equestria
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,029
    Rep Power
    137
    Points
    86,270 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Weird. I haven't seen anyone doubt the AI of the game so far.

  24. #70
    Supreme Veteran
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Down Under
    Age
    42
    Posts
    18,418
    Rep Power
    166
    Points
    209,241 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Its the contextual animaiton that I truley find amazing.

  25. #71
    Forum Overseer

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    32,707
    Rep Power
    198
    Points
    136,980 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    It's semi-open world, which is still just as good, in my opinion.
    Well, that's good enough for this generation at least.

    Because the content they have is next-gen so like I said, wasn't expecting open world but this definitely has grabbed my attention.

  26. #72
    Master Sage
    Two4DaMoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,712
    Rep Power
    115
    Points
    18,479 (75,576 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    Weird. I haven't seen anyone doubt the AI of the game so far.
    It sure is weird...
    There's no way the animations and enemy pathing[part of the A.I.] will be that smooth and convenient in the final game, so people shouldn't hype themselves up for that. I do expect there to be some excellent bending and great contextual attacks though.
    Well, firstly, you admit that you don't understand what anyone means by an event being scripted. The convenience of the battle and how all of the enemies, along with the girl, acted is really obvious at times.[A.I.] This is an easy thing to set up when the game has been played beforehand and then showed off to the crowd after being recorded because Naughty can guide what happens. Don't get upset just because people have realistic expectations in mind for a video game.
    In other words, the person i quoted was proven wrong about things being scripted. That's all.


  27. Likes Suzano-O, unicron7, Wrath , snooper71 likes this post
  28. #73
    Finally You Are Free
    Nerevar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Equestria
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,029
    Rep Power
    137
    Points
    86,270 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    The placements of the enemies, in tandmen with the animations and attacks, was smooth and convenient. See how that has nothing to do with what that article is referring to? I hope so.

  29. #74
    Forum Overseer

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    32,707
    Rep Power
    198
    Points
    136,980 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    ND gameplay interview.

    This is some kojima $#@!...really I never expected A.I. advancements from ND.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    The game looked good but nothing like that first trailer that was shown.
    Yes but it's still far better than anything we've seen on consoles thus far.

    Also i didn't see a lot of button sequences in that video which leads me to believe that you don't have much control over the character during those fight scenes...but this is only a small amount of gameplay and could be much better.
    ...button sequences would actually mean that you don't have control.

    Wait, what are you talking about? Huh?

    Could be better? What else is better?! I wanna know so I can play it now!

    Sir, I nominate you the king of this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    I was talking graphics. There is far less detail than i thought. Also, the video looked like you din't have a lot of control over the character during the fight scenes.
    What makes you think that you don't have control over your character during fights?
    Last edited by Omar; 06-08-2012 at 05:19.

  30. #75
    Master Sage
    Two4DaMoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,712
    Rep Power
    115
    Points
    18,479 (75,576 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    The placements of the enemies, in tandmen with the animations and attacks, was smooth and convenient. See how that has nothing to do with what that article is referring to? I hope so.
    Go watch the interviews and such where they talk about these things. The attacks and animations depends on where the fight takes place;doorway, wall, other objects. How can it not be that smooth when they have proved it to us and behind closed doors to the press? They aren't going to foolishly control one area to perfection and then let the animations and attacks go to hell for the rest of the game smh. ND has simply blown your mind to the point of you being in disbelief. Keep up with the news if you want to argue a point.

    And of course there are enemies placed at certain points;searching for goods, ect. What game telling a good story doesn't have enemies placed at certain points? Ex. Enemies placed at the Area A, searching for goods;ND's way of selling the story and emotions brought from having to survive. The player disrupts them at Area A. They react to the player's actions and go into defense mode. They don't just go to Area B every time after leaving A. The player's actions will decide if the A.I goes to Area B,C,D or E.

    I'm not saying you dislike the game or trying to attack you. I'm just trying to point out to you that the things you are concerned about have already been solved. ND are working some wicked magic here.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 06-08-2012 at 05:33.


  31. Likes RedDragon7, unicron7 likes this post

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.