Latest PSU headlines:

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 6
    Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    This isn't difficult. There was literally only one time that this happened.

edit: on second thought, nvm. Someone else can continue the convo.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 06-09-2012 at 19:02.
    Destiny is going to be EVERYTHING that EA and MS hoped titanfall would be

Forum Sage

I don't care what anyone says in this thread. Two facts remain regardless of the stances being taken.

1. The game seems awesome but is just that. Until we all have it in our hands and are physically playing it ourselves, no need get their hopes up.

2. We are nearing the end of this generation as a matter of precaution, we shouldn't get our hopes up.

Don't get me wrong. Naughty Dog has been absolutely phenomenal this generation but even they are nearing the absolute limits of what they can achieve on the PS3. This isn't a bad thing. They've raised the bar to heights that are forcing other developers to step up their game or be shut out.

3. Likes PSgamer28 likes this post
    PSN ID
    breakend28
    I throughly enjoyed The Last Of Us demo and have no doubts that it was real. ND knows the PS3 probably better than any other developer out there besides maybe Santa Monica but I think they are more focus on graphics rather than ground breaking gameplay like we saw with TLOU.

Don't get me wrong. Naughty Dog has been absolutely phenomenal this generation but even they are nearing the absolute limits of what they can achieve on the PS3. This isn't a bad thing. They've raised the bar to heights that are forcing other developers to step up their game or be shut out.
    I agree, I think they should be motivating other developers to push their games like ND does and give us better games.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 06-09-2012 at 19:40.

Ultimate Veteran
    Rapture is talking about what happens 6 minutes and 38 seconds into the aforementioned video.

Friendship is Carrots
    Watch out, Morgan. We know how different perspectives are sometimes treated on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    Rapture is talking about what happens 6 minutes and 38 seconds into the aforementioned video.
    Exactly. That embed was meant to place the video at that part, but it seems this site's HTML doesn't support that.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Elite Sage
    Props to solidsnakex off gaf.

Rapture, if this doesn't cover what you are talking about then I simply don't think anyone here knows what you are talking about.

The Last of Us seamlessly blends its dynamic animations into the action using an invisible series of 'lasers' - creating moments like when Joel brutally smashes an assailant's head into a bookcase during the E3 demo, while the camera pans and zooms.

"A lot of people are wondering about the fluidity of animation", says Jacob Minkoff, lead designer on The Last of Us.

"When you push the punch button, it fires a bunch of rays around the game world, and says 'What's nearby?'. Oh, there's a wall nearby. Or there's a desk nearby. So if you press the punch button and make contact, it will smash this guy against the wall".

The result is that fights can look different every time you play, subject to the situation.

"We've developed this engine over four games now, over a period of six years, and have a system that dynamically looks around and sees contextually what sort of animations would be right to play in the area", reveals Minkoff.

"For instance, maybe he'll throw a punch and succeed, and the guy hits the wall, or fail and hit his hand against the wall, and go 'Ow!'. We have this library of dozens and dozens of animations streaming off the disc at all times based on what's happening in the environment".

Joel and Ellie's voice actors record dozens of lines, so their dialogue reflects your actions and environment. For example, we were treated to an alternate version of the Sony conference E3 demo, where Joel and Ellie chat about the movie poster they spot on a bus shelter (press triangle to interact with lightly glowing objects like this).
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com...-punch-lasers/

8. Likes Omar, Ghost likes this post
    Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganator View Post
    1. The game seems awesome but is just that. Until we all have it in our hands and are physically playing it ourselves, no need get their hopes up.
    What? I can't agree with that. From now up until release is when you spend the time getting your hopes up and getting excited about that. When you have it in your hands and are physically playing it is when you test those hopes.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    Props to solidsnakex off gaf.

Rapture, if this doesn't cover what you are talking about then I simply don't think anyone here knows what you are talking about.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...-punch-lasers/
    Haha Wow. Incredible.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Haha Wow. Incredible.
    They could take it even further if they wanted. GOW:A is allowing the player to control some of those moments that used to be qte only. When Kratos was cutting the elephant in the head with his blade, he also had to dodge the elephants swipes. ND could use a similar model when these animations kick in. Square and triangle being the left and right hand. x and circle being the left and right leg. R1 L1 could be a finishing attack depending whats in the area. R2 canceling the attack(in case you need to run). L2 allowing you to use them as a shield. If that is added then this is going to be my game of this gen lol.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 06-09-2012 at 21:58.

Friendship is Carrots
    @Two4DaMoney

That's the most accurate and appropriate response so far, but the article doesn't really change anything for me because this isn't a showing -- it's a telling. I've stated before that I expect fantastic work in how Naughty built and implemented their contextual attacks and animations. I do want to hear more about this technology Naughty Dog has built, and see how similar and different it is to how most developers manage these things.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby View Post
    What? I can't agree with that. From now up until release is when you spend the time getting your hopes up and getting excited about that. When you have it in your hands and are physically playing it is when you test those hopes.
    Which is why I said "seems" and said for people to "not get their hopes up". Fact is, you cannot say a game is awesome until you're physically playing it yourself so therefore, you can only speculate. I chose my words carefully.

Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganator View Post
    Which is why I said "seems" and said for people to "not get their hopes up". Fact is, you cannot say a game is awesome until you're physically playing it yourself so therefore, you can only speculate. I chose my words carefully.
    Yeah I know it "seems" awesome. And I'm not saying it "is" awesome. And I agree with you on that. But to say don't get your hopes up is pretty over the top IMO. This is a gaming forum. A big chunk of it is comprised of getting hopes up for big new titles. Stop being a skeptic and get excited!! Before it comes out, if it "looks" or "seems" awesome, that's reason enough to get hopes up.

Elite Sage
    Yeah I know it "seems" awesome. And I'm not saying it "is" awesome. And I agree with you on that. But to say don't get your hopes up is pretty over the top IMO. This is a gaming forum. A big chunk of it is comprised of getting hopes up for big new titles. Stop being a skeptic and get excited!! Before it comes out, if it "looks" or "seems" awesome, that's reason enough to get hopes up.
    I don't give a $#@! what anyone says. This game is going to be the $#@! and raise the bar.

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Morganator probably won't admit it but he's just watching your guy's backs. It's true that if you hype something too much, you might end up getting greatly disappointed if things don't turn out the way you expect them. It's best to await it's release, play it and partake your opinion.

There is room for excitement and The Last of Us definitely merits the hype it's receiving but lets have patience and await more news and videos for it. To what I've read so far, the game is backed by some impressive techniques.

17. Likes Morganator likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran

The Last of Us - E3 2012 gameplay

I know this is old. I just felt like it was the one thing missing from this subforum. The video itself was posted in the E3 thread from way back so I couldn't exactly move it here. It's also pretty cool.

Did you catch the PlayStation press conference livestream? Notice when it went all black? We wanted to set a proper mood, tone, and stage for our debut of The Last of Us gameplay. The venue, as well as the hard work of the press conference production crew, afforded us a fantastic setup. It was an amazing opportunity to showcase our blood, sweat, and pixels on the massive video screen in the Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arena this Monday night. We’re amped by the response we’ve received so far and looking forward to a very busy, very fun E3.

If you didn’t catch the livestream or would like to see unadulterated, pure images of the gameplay watch this video. At this point in the story Joel and Ellie are attempting to get to the bridge and out of the city. They are tourists in an area that’s controlled by hunters. They are hunted and yet they too are hunters. Everyone is willing to do whatever it takes to survive. What you’ll see is something that we’re calling Balance of Power AI. Enemies will react realistically to whatever situation your combat style forces them into. Playing as Joel, Ellie’s help and whatever weapons you can scavenge are your best shot at progressing in this brutal, violent world. Check it out:

The Last of Us is a game like no other. We’ve just begun to show you what’s in store for Joel and Ellie as they travel across the post-pandemic United States. The drive to preserve humanity against the infection creates tension that pushes the limits of what constitutes being human. The story will explore the bond that forms between Joel and Ellie, and themes of loyalty, love, and redemption in ways never before experienced in entertainment. It’s an emotional rollercoaster that plunges and twists into the depths of what it means to be human and what it takes to survive. So buckle up and brace yourself. Our ride is just getting started.
    via Naughty Dog.

19. Likes Kuro likes this post
    ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    I coulda sworn I posted this..lol Cool of you to redo it though Blacksite.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    the_mooninites
    Items ICO
    I'm done watching videos and reading about this game. Way too excited for it and don't wanna spoil it. Thanks for posting it tho :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

Ultimate Veteran
    Just did a quick search of your threads and I found it. I had assumed we moved the threads to the PS3 Games section after E3 had wrapped up so it's no wonder I couldn't find it before. I'd like to replace the OP with the above video though, since it comes directly from the official PlayStation channel.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 08-17-2012 at 22:26.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Oh I see. Well go for it man I don't mind.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Thread Information