Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Forum Elder
    i can live with the £29 a year LIVE sub, but having to pay for each user on the same console is just wrong.

i'm also paying £40 for PS+ to get cloud saves and free versions of games i already own.

apparently PS+ is better value though.

Dedicated Member
    To me they're the same mainly because I never play online or chat when gaming although I'll admit XL is alot more pleasing to look at

Ancient
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    i can live with the £29 a year LIVE sub, but having to pay for each user on the same console is just wrong.

i'm also paying £40 for PS+ to get cloud saves and free versions of games i already own.

apparently PS+ is better value though.
    Your comparing paying to play online to getting gamefree? And PS+ isn't better value because you happen to own everygame they offer?
    You know you keep your saves when not subbing so you just sub when you want too?

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Soldier 95B
    You don't get free games on PSN+, you are renting them. Not to mention you are limited to their choice of games that you can rent and you have to do it within a certain timeframe before they pull them from the PS Store.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

5. Likes emmerich wishes they had posted this first.
    Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Just thought I'd mention I'm currently subscribed to neither... All the PS+ games are ones I own so to me it's a waste of money, and xbla is a waste of money to me I don't play online and there are no other benefits to me...

So yeah it's all personal

Via Tapatalk

PS4/PS3/X360/WiiU/PC/3DS/PSV

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    Just thought I'd mention I'm currently subscribed to neither... All the PS+ games are ones I own so to me it's a waste of money, and xbla is a waste of money to me I don't play online and there are no other benefits to me...

So yeah it's all personal

Via Tapatalk
    Why is XBLA a waste of money?

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Why is XBLA a waste of money?
    I meant Xbox live, not Xbox live arcade sorry, but I said 'to me' and justified why. Speaking objectively it offers a lot if you're into all it's services, but to me I wouldn't pay for it coz I wouldn't use anything nor play online, ever.

Via Tapatalk

PS4/PS3/X360/WiiU/PC/3DS/PSV

9. Likes F34R wishes they had posted this first.
    Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I meant Xbox live, not Xbox live arcade sorry, but I said 'to me' and justified why. Speaking objectively it offers a lot if you're into all it's services, but to me I wouldn't pay for it coz I wouldn't use anything nor play online, ever.

Via Tapatalk
    Nothing to be sorry about. I was just confused lol. I was thinking that I wasn't able to think straight as to why it was a waste lol. I was like, "wtf did I miss?" lol. Nothing wrong with your view on why you wouldn't pay for a gold membership. If you're not going to use the features, then why pay for it? I'd be right there too if I didn't use the features.

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    You don't get free games on PSN+, you are renting them. Not to mention you are limited to their choice of games that you can rent and you have to do it within a certain timeframe before they pull them from the PS Store.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    That don't sound like a rental service, do you have to return the games before downloading more?
    I don't think a rental service would let me rent something and keep adding to it with returning them and I would say it more like a streaming service, but once they pull titles you usually don't have access any more on a streaming service, but on PS+ you always have access to the games as long as you are subscribed on PS+
    So no that don't sound like a rental service, sorry
    They are games that are part of the subscription service, you don't pay, you no longer want the service+games, as simple as that.
    And not all games arw tied to PS+
    I got Trine 2 free and it was accessible even when not subscribing
    But Sony do do free rental on PS+ they are call trails
    And they expire, like a rental

Last edited by TGO; 08-18-2012 at 15:48.

Soldier 95B
    Gamefly is a rental service. I don't own the games, I have to return them when my Gamefly subscription runs out, and I don't have to return all the games before I get more (depending on the plan).

It's a rental service. Once you stop paying to rent those games, you can no longer play those games.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Your comparing paying to play online to getting gamefree? And PS+ isn't better value because you happen to own everygame they offer?
    You know you keep your saves when not subbing so you just sub when you want too?

i'm not comparing paying to play on-line at all. don't assume that we all pay for LIVE to play on-line.

what i'm saying is that with my £29 a year for LIVE i get everything that PSN offers and more, while the free PSN and + sub still don't give me what LIVE does.

you may see the LIVE sub as something you have to pay for playing on-line but being able to chat with friends and family what ever they are doing on 360 and use Kinect for video chat is worth the asking price for me.

i've never been a silver member so i don't know if it holds true for those users, but LIVE gives me demo's of every single arcade game to try before i buy. now i know that PSN has way less offerings in the DLC space, but for sure... they don't offer demo's of all games.
    Last edited by Yungstar 2006; 08-18-2012 at 17:48.

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    in terms of online multiplayer functionality as with cost and options to use, I'll stick with the computer o.O makes a bit more sense

I find it funny though how hard a few people here are justifying Xboxlive all I got to say is. HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! mean while I will enjoy PC titles and PS3 titles. I would enjoy Xbox titles but you know, having 3 platforms is a lot of games so I had to shrink it to 2, PC and PS3. regardless, be happy with what you have, if some of you guys have to honestly justify your purchase, then you are already unhappy about said purchase (this goes for PS3 users too), either that or you just can't stand that people like something different.

that is what these Vs. topics are for, they are for people that can't stand other people liking something different so they have nothing better to do then to debate about how they shouldn't like product A, because they like product B and everyone should like what they like.
    Last edited by Bigdoggy; 08-18-2012 at 18:26.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by TDbank24 View Post
    Xbox Live is definitely better. However i don't think there has been a console that has been defined by an operating system before like the 360. Usually people talk about the games when it comes to a console. The 360? You've got Halo, Gears, Fable, Forza yearly releases and some games sprinkled in like Alan Wake here and there. So i guess people feel the need to keep touting how superior XBL is. When at the end of the day PSN still gets the job done and for free. That's really all the 360 has over the PS3. An online service that is easier to navigate with a few more features.
    Not the only thing. 360 gets better versions of multiplatform games almost every time which is an important advantage for me since most of my favorite games this gen are 3rd party.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 08-18-2012 at 19:34.

Supreme Veteran

they both have their pro's and con's... One is not better than the other

You enjoy which one is on which console... You have a playstation 3 you are going to enjoy the psn service, not all people of course and if you have a xbox360 you are going to enjoy the xbox live service and again not all. So saying one is better than the other is fanboy type statment

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by J3ff3 View Post
    it costs me less than half the price of a 500ml bottle of water per week. i'm sure i'll get over it. and i'll keep paying it week on week if it helps me avoid the UI of the playstation store - its terrible.
    This.^ What little I pay is peanuts especially for a service that I enjoy alot more.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    If you want to play with your buddies across the world, one service is free the other is not. Simple.
    You can cry about xgame chat all you want, vita has it and the service is still free.

PS4 has little to no competition.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by T0PGUN View Post
    I have dude, paid full price for 2 separate quarterly subscriptions. Wasted money as far as i am concerned and will stick to online play on the ps3
    It's funny how they always assume that you haven't used Live, they always do.

^ I feel the opposite, to me the PS Store is easy and simple to navigate and XBL Marketplace is just a nightmare

Via Tapatalk

It's really not. Sony needs improve the usability of the PS store. I only go there because of content -- and that's the important part. But making it easier to use and navigate will get more people to that content easily which should mean more sales.
    Last edited by sainraja; 08-19-2012 at 00:25.

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    If you want to play with your buddies across the world, one service is free the other is not. Simple.
    You can cry about xgame chat all you want, vita has it and the service is still free.
    If all that can be disposed of is the "cross game chat", otherwise the two services are alike, then there's the issue. Some people don't know the benefits that Xbox Live and Gold membership has vs the free service. smh

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    They always assume that you haven't used Live, they always do.
    I didn't assume he hasn't used Xbox Live. I KNOW he hasn't seen the benefit of the features online play, the OS, and the games, come with being on the 360. That is the issue. Not whether he has actually played online with the 360.

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    i'm not comparing paying to play on-line at all. don't assume that we all pay for LIVE to play on-line.

what i'm saying is that with my £29 a year for LIVE i get everything that PSN offers and more, while the free PSN and + sub still don't give me what LIVE does.

you may see the LIVE sub as something you have to pay for playing on-line but being able to chat with friends and family what ever they are doing on 360 and use Kinect for video chat is worth the asking price for me.

i've never been a silver member so i don't know if it holds true for those users, but LIVE gives me demo's of every single arcade game to try before i buy. now i know that PSN has way less offerings in the DLC space, but for sure... they don't offer demo's of all games.
    I was actually just saying they're different kinda services, I say ones gaming (PS+) the other community (LIVE)
    And I was trying to let you know you don't to keep ya sub to keep ya back up saves & that, you can sub when a free "rental" that you want is available or something & save ya money.
    but I agree, Sony and ****ing demo's
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    This.^ What little I pay is peanuts especially for a service that I enjoy alot more.
    obviously I ain't just replying to you but.....I can buy Sleeping Dogs with that.

Forum Sage
    If they have to do the research to understand why one service is better over the other to see the differences.......then yeah that's kind of a problem. Whose fault is that?

Secondly, why should other services/how the service runs matter to someone who just wants to play a game online with someone? That's exactly what mickice said (playing a game with someone.)

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I didn't assume he hasn't used Xbox Live. I KNOW he hasn't seen the benefit of the features online play, the OS, and the games, come with being on the 360. That is the issue. Not whether he has actually played online with the 360.
    Riight, and you're sure of that how?

Is it because he's not singing the same tune as you about XBL?
    Last edited by sainraja; 08-19-2012 at 00:35.

Forum Sage
    oops..

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    If they have to do the research to understand why one service is better over the other to see the differences.......then yeah that's kind of a problem. Whose fault is that?

Secondly, why should other services/how the service runs matter to someone who just wants to play a game online with someone? That's exactly what mickice said (playing a game with someone.)

Riight, and you're sure of that how?

Is it because he's not singing the same tune as you about XBL?
    If just playing online is the goal, then the PS3 will be fine for you; and free. That doesn't make it a better service.

Master Guru

in my experience Live is better. I get a better connection on Live too for some reason, PS3 games lag more.
    Wii # 8752-0092-2306-9612
    PSN ID : pez555

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by Pez_555 View Post
    in my experience Live is better. I get a better connection on Live too for some reason, PS3 games lag more.
    TBH, I've haven't seen lag in a game since the PS2, and some early games this gen....and tryarch CODs lol

Thread Information