Thread: EA UP for sale

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

EA UP for sale

Electronic Arts – more popularly known simply as ‘EA’ – might just be up for sale. The 30-year old video game company has released a plethora of worldwide best-sellers through subsidiaries EA Sports and EA Games, including the Madden NFL series, the NCAA Football series, the Battlefield series, The Sims series, and the Need for Speed series. Yet despite the acclaim, reports from various sources have indicated that EA is quietly looking for sales venues and exploring the most fruitful options.

Interested parties that are part of EA’s “options” include Providence Equity Partners, who owns independent gaming company Bethesda, known for titles The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and Fallout 3.

Fans of EA games might want to follow these rather discrete events, since most of the time a change of management means a change in approach towards the games that are going to be released. One recent “change in approach” that has caused quite a stir is the redesign of Dante from Devil May Cry. Yet another change in approach that received mixed reactions was Lara Croft from Tomb Raider. It’s far too early to assume that some iconic EA titles or characters might undergo a similar overhaul, but the possibility is there.
    http://www.rantgaming.com/2012/08/19...s-should-care/

More on the site. If you want to learn more
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    lol EA is always up for sale.
    they're listed on the stock exchange (whatever its called in the US)

Edit: NASDAQ
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    E.A is a joke and they are bullies in the gaming industry, like mos of the others to
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    I've been reading on this story from other sources this past week. I'm not sure if this is a reaction to higher developing cost of the games or loss of faith with the gaming industry by EA's current owners. Makes me thing they may know or see something that makes them want to leave the industry (owners not the company) activision is also looking for buyers from the last I heard as well

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Its money and money alone. EA might be sold this time around, but what next and were do they go from here

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    E.A is a joke and they are bullies in the gaming industry, like mos of the others to

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim

EA UP for sale

Last time I saw anything EA has not committed to selling yet.. I'm expecting a decision before the first qtr of 2013
    Last edited by DeviousOne; 09-10-2012 at 17:55.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Thread Information