Page 1 of 5 1 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - full cinematic trailer

Also coming out for the PC and Xbox 360.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Do you love GTA? Check out my general discussion thread here!

PSN ID
    Royals26
    Items AppleBattlefield 3Dice
    Already got this pre-ordered on psn. I'm hoping it's good and active.

Superior Member
    Pre-ordered this as well. After reading some beta impressions, a lot of people seemed to be pleased with it. Still that classic CS, but with a few changes of course.

Can't wait until Tuesday. I'm sure there will be plenty of people playing it. It is CS, and Valve, after all.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Red Hot Chili PeppersAC/DCEvanescenceNirvanaSteamEA LogoDiablo IIINvidiaManchester UnitedLightningPS3 Fat
    I played the beta and it was certainly very good. No worries about the online activity.

Still haven't pre-ordered though..
    [CENTER]You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!

Superior Member

Would be nice to see gameplay.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Red Hot Chili PeppersAC/DCEvanescenceNirvanaSteamEA LogoDiablo IIINvidiaManchester UnitedLightningPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by davin_g View Post
    Would be nice to see gameplay.
    http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...ac.qR3_XFdtk38
    [CENTER]You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!

Superior Member

Thanks. Saved me $15. I knew the game was not going to have great graphics but clearly this is a pc shooter....nobody aims. I hate games where no one has to aim. I'm not going to say its cheap or unskilled or anything but just I don't like them and I will pass.

Elite Member
    Yeah the gameplay doesn't look impressive. Just another shooter.

PSN ID
    Royals26
    Items AppleBattlefield 3Dice
    Thanks. Saved me $15. I knew the game was not going to have great graphics but clearly this is a pc shooter....nobody aims. I hate games where no one has to aim. I'm not going to say its cheap or unskilled or anything but just I don't like them and I will pass.
    This is how counter strike has always been. It's all skill based shooting and team work.

I'm hoping it's good and active.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    You obviously haven't played a CS game before. Or any PC shooter, it seems.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    lol "no body aims" now move along to cod and MoH...i cant wait to start playing this game, the inspiration behind the socom franchise

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    CS players generally have really amazing aim actually, they usually lack movement skills (there are exceptions) but make up or it with superb aim skill.

No idea what he saw that made him say that.

Been a while since I played the Beta I might give it a go again it keeps beign updated often, Also right now there are 30,000 players playing and its not fully released.

P.S
    ITs coming out on PC and also PS3+Xbox.
    Last edited by keefy; 08-21-2012 at 15:54.

14. Likes BBK.. likes this post
    Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Yup the amount of dedication CS gamers show is more than any other (probably with the exception of WoW).

Superior Member

You are correct. I don't play shooters on pc. I play other style games like CIV etc on them. I appreciate someone showing me gameplay because what is the point of different guns and recoil or anything if you don't have to aim. To me it takes the fun and realistic shooting out of it. I play mostly Battlefield so yes call me what you want. I've played COD but I have my gripes about that game too. I don't understand games built like that. Whats the point if your pistol has the same accuracy as a sniper rifle or assault rifle? I know no game is exactly realistic but why is there an + (crosshair) on the screen when you aren't aiming???? Just feels cheap and no fun (IN MY OPINION). Not going to hate because LOTS of people love it. Just not for me. Thank you for showing me some gameplay. It has fun looking maps and graphics weren't terrible and for 11.49 I was interested in picking it up...but the gameplay isn't for me.

Edit: What I meant about no one aims was no one ADS. (Aims down sight) All the gameplay videos online had almost no one ADS.
    Last edited by davin_g; 08-21-2012 at 16:45.

Supreme Veteran
    I see what you meant now, (ADS) Aim down sight.
    There is no ADS in Counter strike, never has been nor will there ever be, it slows the pace down too much.
    All the aiming is done using the crosshair like how all video games were before COD made the ADS mechanic popular.
    Last edited by keefy; 08-21-2012 at 18:03.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    "go go go!"

"go go go!"

"go go go!"

Anyone spam the $#@! out of the command messages?

Also, I played CS source years ago with a friend on PC, it was LAN style, we had PC's set up next to each other..SO MUCH FUN!!!

Superior Member
    Lol I was confused as well. "No aiming? Whats he talking about?"

But yes, ADS is not a staple of the CS series. I'm glad, but then again I've been playing since 1.6 and I suppose I've grown accustomed to it.

Supreme Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    "go go go!"

"go go go!"

"go go go!"

Anyone spam the $#@! out of the command messages?

Also, I played CS source years ago with a friend on PC, it was LAN style, we had PC's set up next to each other..SO MUCH FUN!!!
    I created blank audio files for that and "fire in the hole" so when they were spammed them I heard nothing.

21. Likes Lebowski likes this post
    Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    I created blank audio files for that and "fire in the hole" so when they were spammed them I heard nothing.

23. Likes Omar, Lebowski likes this post
    Superior Member

I wasn't trying to be offensive to Counterstrike. I know how popular it is and I can see its a quality title (why I was considering it). Yes I prefer games like Battlefield where the gun mechanics more mimic real life. (again I know its not a simulator) I appreciate the links to help me make my decision. I just prefer games like that. Even Killzone annoyed me because people would do that soo much. I know people that put a little tape dot in the middle of their tv screen to mimic the pc thing and to me that just takes the fun out of the game. Just not my style but looks like a quality dl for a lot of people. Enjoy!

Supreme Veteran
    I think your reason is ridiculous. I have never been a fan of ADS but do not let it stop me from playing games that use it.

Last edited by keefy; 08-21-2012 at 20:44.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Curious to see how it is to play this game with a controller.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    swordfish64
    I'm downloading now. Anyone who is a fan of the Socom games needs to download this as Socom at its core is a third person remake of the original Counterstrike for PC. I've been watching youtube gameplay and the game looks fun as $#@!.
    Is it too much at this point to hope that if this game does well it will push Sony to accelerate a Socom HD remake? I hope so.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    You are correct. I don't play shooters on pc. I play other style games like CIV etc on them. I appreciate someone showing me gameplay because what is the point of different guns and recoil or anything if you don't have to aim. To me it takes the fun and realistic shooting out of it. I play mostly Battlefield so yes call me what you want. I've played COD but I have my gripes about that game too. I don't understand games built like that. Whats the point if your pistol has the same accuracy as a sniper rifle or assault rifle? I know no game is exactly realistic but why is there an + (crosshair) on the screen when you aren't aiming???? Just feels cheap and no fun (IN MY OPINION). Not going to hate because LOTS of people love it. Just not for me. Thank you for showing me some gameplay. It has fun looking maps and graphics weren't terrible and for 11.49 I was interested in picking it up...but the gameplay isn't for me.

Edit: What I meant about no one aims was no one ADS. (Aims down sight) All the gameplay videos online had almost no one ADS.
    the way your thinking now is the same taught process developers have employed this generation of gaming which is why every 3rd person shooter out there has an ADS button assigned. ads is not needed in every fps/tps! too bad zipper didn't get that memo. thank god for devs like valve and slant six (for socom confrontation) who do not make it mandatory to ads to have an accurate shot...rather the player controls the recoil

^^^ I hope so too sword

Sent from my YP-G1

Thread Information