Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 5
    Forum Overseer

Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Want more players then PC version is for you.
    The guys that make it are a stones throw from Valve HQ and they have been updating CS:Source for 2 years.
    Are they the original people that were bought out by Valve?

See I can't go PC because I'm into controllers and I feel that it's more fair that way, no unfair advantage. PC gaming has too be exploits.

Also it just suits me better to be in the living room than on the computer.

Superior Member
    ^ No, just another studio conveniently located near Valve.

The original developers were just a group of modders I believe, who had a pretty neat idea at the time.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    1 of the 2 Creators still works at Valve. Jess Cliffe.

Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Are they the original people that were bought out by Valve?

See I can't go PC because I'm into controllers and I feel that it's more fair that way, no unfair advantage. PC gaming has too be exploits.

Also it just suits me better to be in the living room than on the computer.
    You think keyboard and mosue is an exploit? please tell me I read that wrong.

Well Valve released Big picture mode in beta which is ideal for your TV, controller and couch also CS:GO supports controellrs.
    Last edited by keefy; 09-12-2012 at 09:36.

Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Zombie View Post
    ^ No, just another studio conveniently located near Valve.

The original developers were just a group of modders I believe, who had a pretty neat idea at the time.
    Have valve ever made there own game since half life 1? Left 4 dead started off life as a mod, and same with Portal

Thank you itachi

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Quote Originally Posted by Chille View Post
    Have valve ever made there own game since half life 1? Left 4 dead started off life as a mod, and same with Portal
    What does that mean though? Valve is a company consisted of modders, it's all their own games. The zombie mod was vastly different from L4D and Portal was never a mod.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Supreme Veteran
    the Portal technology has been around for some time and was also used in that underated game "Prey" but in differnt circumstances.

The mod you speak of is a fullfree game called Narbacular Drop.

Last edited by keefy; 09-12-2012 at 13:57.

Dat Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxi View Post
    What does that mean though? Valve is a company consisted of modders, it's all their own games. The zombie mod was vastly different from L4D and Portal was never a mod.
    But they bought the team that made it, then worked on it to make left 4 dead, same with portal.
    This doesnt make Valve a bad company, infact makes them pretty damn smart

Thank you itachi

Superior Member
    They've made HL2 and the two episodes obviously. That proves they're all damn good at what they do. However, as you said, a lot of their games aren't necessarily "original". I think TF2 was also made in-house. TFC was a mod, though.

Regardless, they've never put out a bad game IMO.

Supreme Veteran
    Team fortress is a mod of Quake
    Half-life uses a heavily modified Quake engine
    TFC is a port of sorts of Team fortress using Half life engine it eventualy became a full standalone game
    TF2 is a continuation of TFC

If yu have an old copy of Half life and register the key on steam you shoudl get
    Half-life
    CS
    TFC
    Deathmatch classic
    Blue shift
    Oposing force.
    Last edited by keefy; 09-12-2012 at 21:13.

Quote Originally Posted by Chille View Post
    Correct still not out here, though all the matches ive had, have been with Europeans lol
    I'm guessing everybody bought US psn cards and bought the game on the store? I'm not waiting for the EU release, but please walk me through this guys as i've never used a psn card before.

These are the steps that I must follow (considering i'm from UK):

1. buy a US psn card from ebay
    2. go to US playstation store and enter the card code
    3. download game and play it on any account

Does that sound right folks?

Superior Member
    ^ I don't see why that wouldn't work. I download a lot of things using my Japanese account, they have a lot more games and get demos earlier than US because of the time zone obviously.

Dat Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalash94 View Post
    I'm guessing everybody bought US psn cards and bought the game on the store? I'm not waiting for the EU release, but please walk me through this guys as i've never used a psn card before.

Yep thats correct! Thats what I did

Thank you itachi

Supreme Veteran
    Why do Sony Europe mess up so much its as if they don't even try to be good.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Red Hot Chili PeppersAC/DCEvanescenceNirvanaSteamEA LogoDiablo IIINvidiaManchester UnitedLightningPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalash94 View Post

Will work. I did that for the BF3 online pass.
    [CENTER]You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!

Forum Overseer

1 of the 2 Creators still works at Valve. Jess Cliffe.

You think keyboard and mosue is an exploit? please tell me I read that wrong.

Well Valve released Big picture mode in beta which is ideal for your TV, controller and couch also CS:GO supports controellrs.
    Well you also have your cheaters and hackers. But I don't like the mouse/keyboard combination because you can do a lot of tweaks to it...keybindings and I really don't have time for all that anymore.

I've been a PC gamer...primarily with MMORPGs and the only reason I was "da-badest-mafaka" at it was because I spent hours and hours trying to make my keybindings efficient and simple.

While it was a lot of fun, I knew it was "somewhat" cheating because generally either people don't know about these things or don't have the time to do it. I was also good on top of that, don't forget that for sure lol. But I know you can exploits normal things to get a boost.

One of them is having a better gaming rig. There are just too many variables in there.

That's why you'll see PC gamers that range from $#@!ty to REALLY REALLY REALLY good.

They wouldn't be that good on consoles because it's fair for everyone, no one has a better frame rate, resolution or better controls. It's all virtually the same.

Supreme Veteran
    You can exploit hings in the console game because the games are identical but they WILL be fixed SOONER on the PC due to the way the patching system worsk on consoles.

Consoles have aftermarket controllers that allow macros and turbo fire which has been available for well over 20 years and also devices that allow keyboard and mouse when its not supported by the game.

Real gamers don't give a crap about hardware or macros or gaming mouse because they know it gives little advantage at all I have played with people that have 20FPS on low end hardware and I had 200+ and they still beat my arse. The real advantage is knowing the maps and strategies and havng better aim.

Sounds like MMO works different and that macros help a great deal which I gues is why Razer and Logitech do 20 button mice.
    Last edited by keefy; 09-15-2012 at 01:55.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    You can exploit hings in the console game because the games are identical but they WILL be fixed SOONER on the PC due to the way the patching system worsk on consoles.

Consoles have aftermarket controllers that allow macros and turbo fire which has been available for well over 20 years and also devices that allow keyboard and mouse when its not supported by the game.

Real gamers don't give a crap about hardware or macros or gaming mouse because they know it gives little advantage at all I have played with people that have 20FPS on low end hardware and I had 200+ and they still beat my arse. The real advantage is knowing the maps and strategies and havng better aim.

Sounds like MMO works different and that macros help a great deal which I gues is why Razer and Logitech do 20 button mice.
    If both player are equally good the one with more fps is going to win.

18. Likes Omar likes this post
    Forum Overseer

Actually, cheating and actual code exploits are rare on consoles.

Never seen a controller with macro but I don't know how macros or turbo fire would give anyone an advantage in a shooter game. Would actually be worse.

The devices that allow keyboard/mouse have failed, at least on the PS3. They don't work well.

You mean, casual gamers don't give a crap about hardware and such.

While they do give little advantage, it's an advantage and for a hardcore gamer, that's not fair. Generally when I play, no one beats my ass...that's why I like to make sure it's a leveled playing field.

I don't think the extra buttons on the mouse helps. A few more buttons will help but 20 buttons are just going to confuse you more than help.

Point is though, there are ways to get advantage in PC gaming and that little bit adds up eventually. There are a lot of dedicated gamers on PC that spend a lot of money to get the upper hand. Now it may be that they might just suck either way but the fact of the matter is, if someone is as good as me or slightly worse even...will likely whoop my ass (as the person above me stated).

This may not be a big deal to you but I'm thinking that you may be playing competitive games lightly. I'm not saying I'm going in any professional leagues but I do get serious if I'm getting whooped.

Supreme Veteran
    My point is this after market "advantage gaining" equipment is available for consoles as well as PC, just like you said "I don't know how macros or turbo fire would give anyone an advantage in a shooter game. Would actually be worse." it works the same for all the other stuff on PC.

Looks like the term exploits means different things to you and I. I class exploits as stuff in the game that can be exploited you know like exploiting the movement system to gain speed, bunnyhop for example and the exploits in CSGO will be fixed sooner onthe PC version.
    I don;t class alterign code as exploits, I class that as hacking and yes there is going to be more of it on PC due to its more open nature but not every good play is doing it.

I dont game competatively anymore and it was not like was paid I just competed with clan mates in a couple of leagues which we won.
    Last edited by keefy; 09-15-2012 at 19:43.

Forum Overseer

My point is this after market "advantage gaining" equipment is available for consoles as well as PC, just like you said "I don't know how macros or turbo fire would give anyone an advantage in a shooter game. Would actually be worse." it works the same for all the other stuff on PC.
    Are you telling me that a better gaming rig wouldn't give you an advantage? I think having a bigger TV does too but that's not as bad.

Macros and Turbo fire would never give you advantage in a shooter game...maybe other games but definitely not shooters. What would that serve?

Looks like the term exploits means different things to you and I. I class exploits as stuff in the game that can be exploited you know like exploiting the movement system to gain speed, bunnyhop for example and the exploits in CSGO will be fixed sooner onthe PC version.
    I don;t class alterign code as exploits, I class that as hacking and yes there is going to be more of it on PC due to its more open nature but not every good play is doing it.

I dont game competatively anymore and it was not like was paid I just competed with clan mates in a couple of leagues which we won.
    Yea, I usually use the word exploit to describe a hack as well but I meant exploiting in a different sense...trying to get advantage in legal ways but something that is more possible on the PC than consoles.

Which is why I didn't mind playing MMO on a PC, because aim doesn't matter in there. Also, people generally suck with controllers and I just happen to know how to use it well...so it gives me advantage that way.

Though, I like that I can have an advantage or at least a leveled playing field without doing a whole lot...something you would need on the PC. Look at the top players (like that Infinity guy) and you'll notice that it's not that he's necessarily good, it's probably more to do with his equipment.

You can't do much of that on consoles and thus why I think tournaments are not popular on here...and I kinda like that...everyone plays fair!

Supreme Veteran
    I am saying it doesn't give a person as much advantage as you seem to claim it does.
    Last edited by keefy; 09-15-2012 at 21:27.

Forum Overseer

I am saying it doesn't give a person as much advantage as you seem to claim it does.
    All of the things I mentioned or just one of them?

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Red Hot Chili PeppersAC/DCEvanescenceNirvanaSteamEA LogoDiablo IIINvidiaManchester UnitedLightningPS3 Fat
    The new update has made Classic Competitive absolutely unplayable. Hopefully they'll fix this soon.
    [CENTER]You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    If both player are equally good the one with more fps is going to win.
    Totally agree.

Selected Members Council
    Quote Originally Posted by gangsta_795 View Post
    The new update has made Classic Competitive absolutely unplayable. Hopefully they'll fix this soon.
    You know, you guys can make a new thread about this stuff if you want.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Thread Information