Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

This guy Lmao ( what a asswhole )

http://rt.com/usa/news/republican-ra...y-comment-077/

A US congressman has announced a new way for women to prevent unwanted pregnancy. All they have to do is be “legitimately raped,” and a natural conception-blocking mechanism will kick in, Missouri's Todd Akin told an interviewer.

Representative Akin, who is hoping to unseat incumbent Democratic Senator Claire McCaskill in November, was asked during an interview with local Fox affiliate KTVI whether he believed women had the right to have an abortion if the pregnancy was the result of a rape.

Akin responded by saying that the likelihood of becoming pregnant after rape was low.

“It seems to me, first of all, from what I understand from doctors, if it’s a legitimate rape, that’s really rare,” he told host Charles Jaco. “The female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down.”

Nevertheless, he ruled out abortion in case a woman does become pregnant after all.

“The punishment ought to be on the rapist, and not in attacking the child,” he stressed.

Akin’s opponent in the race pounced on the conservative congressmen’s comments.

“As a woman & former prosecutor who handled 100s of rape cases, I'm stunned by Rep Akin's comments about victims this AM,” Senator McCaskill tweeted.

In an e-mailed statement, McCaskill also noted that “it is beyond comprehension that someone can be so ignorant about the emotional and physical trauma brought on by rape,” adding that the ideas Akin expressed about rape and the impact it has on its victims were “offensive.”

Even presidential hopeful Mitt Romney distanced himself from Akin, with his campaign saying that he and his running mate Paul Ryan disagree with the statements. The Republican candidate’s spokesperson Andrea Saul also stressed a Romney administration would not oppose abortion in cases of rape.

Akin later released a statement of clarification.

“In reviewing my off-the-cuff remarks, it’s clear that I misspoke in this interview and it does not reflect the deep empathy I hold for the thousands of women who are raped and abused every year,” he stated.

He also used the opportunity to reiterate his stance on the original question, saying the zygote conceived in a rape was the act's second victim.

“I believe deeply in the protection of all life, and I do not believe that harming another innocent victim is the right course of action,” Akin stated.

The representative, who has been consistently ranked as one of the most conservative congressmen in the House since the beginning of his service in 2001, was able to clinch the Republican nomination for Missouri’s Senate seat earlier this month after running a series of ads in which talk show host and former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee lauded him for being a “a courageous conservative” who “defends the unborn.”

He was also endorsed by a number of Christian leaders, and has been seen as the candidate of the evangelical right. McCaskill has also warned voters that if elected, Akin would restrict senior citizens' access to health care, as he would for young people trying to obtain education.
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Azrael666
    Items DoomPlayStationDiablo IIIBlizzardDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    ...you make too many threads.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

4. Likes Kwes likes this post
    Unbound Mercenary
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    ...you make too many threads.
    True dat.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Why is the thread title calling him an asswhole, but the person making the thread didn't comment at all? That site/source is trash.

7. Likes Lethal likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    No more threads from me. I did not comment because i was lost for words
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    No more threads from me. I did not comment because i was lost for words
    I wasn't calling you out or anything... I was more interested in why you figured he's an asswhole.

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    "I missspoke." What an excuse.

11. Likes F34R likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    For what he said. A womens body would prevent a baby beimg made, if she was raped legitimately

Thats why

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    For what he said. A womens body would prevent a baby beimg made, if she was raped legitimately

Thats why
    So he's an ass because he said something that you don't know about?

14. Likes Kwes likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    So he is giving permission for rape to be ok, if its legitimate Give me a break... he is making out to be a wonderful thing to prevent unwanted babies

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    If women want to have an abortion let them, im talking globally here.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

17. Likes YoungMullah88 , claud3 likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Its a womans body and they ha e final say

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    The only time I would agree with abortion is if a female gets sexually assaulted and ends up prego then yes another time no.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    So he is giving permission for rape to be ok, if its legitimate Give me a break... he is making out to be a wonderful thing to prevent unwanted babies
    Can you quote something were he said rape is ok?

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Aw man...(Grabs popcorn) lol

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Did you not read the article or am i missing something mate

He says it has to be legite, for rape to happen. So he is saying its ok

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Are you people seriously using 'asswhole' instead of asshole?

SERIOUSLY?

24. Likes BBK.. , F34R , Kwes likes this post
    Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    LITCHFIELD, CT—Though she was initially upset following the brutal sexual assault last month that left her pregnant, victim Martha Byars told reporters she was relieved Sunday to learn from Rep. Todd Akin (R-MO) that her ability to conceive her unwanted child proves she was not, in fact, legitimately raped.

“Being violently coerced into having sex was the worst thing that’s ever happened to me, so I take comfort in knowing it wasn’t actually rape,” Byars said of the vicious encounter in which she was accosted in an alleyway by a stranger, pinned to the ground, and penetrated against her will for 25 minutes. “It was absolutely horrific—I felt violated in the worst way imaginable—but thanks to Congressman Akin, I now realize it must, at some level, have been consensual after all.”

“Thank God for that,” Byars added. “I’m so relieved to know that my child’s father, the man who muffled my screams as he forcefully penetrated me over and over and left me hemorrhaging to death on the street, is not a rapist.”

Explaining that the Republican senatorial candidate’s statements had “really opened her eyes” by helping her understand the workings of her own reproductive system, Byars said she only wishes she could have known at the time of her near-fatal assault that the female body has ways to shut down conception during cases of tried-and-true rape.

“Now that I know the truth, I realize none of the telltale signs of legitimate rape were there at all,” mused Byers, noting that her body did not in any way shut down but in fact continued to register excruciating pain throughout the entire cruel ordeal. “I must have at least subconsciously wanted it—otherwise, the sperm wouldn’t have been able to enter my body.”

“Not only is this knowledge a blessing for me,” she continued, “but it will no doubt bring great hope to the tens of thousands of women who are forcibly and savagely impregnated in the United States every year.”
    Source: http://www.theonion.com/articles/pre...as-ille,29258/
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.”

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Did you not read the article or am i missing something mate

He says it has to be legite, for rape to happen. So he is saying its ok
    You're missing something.

Quote something if this isn't what you're talking about:
    if it’s a legitimate rape, that’s really rare,
    That means if it's really a rape. It doesn't mean he says its ok to be raped.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    The only time I would agree with abortion is if a female gets sexually assaulted and ends up prego then yes another time no.

Whats wrong with abortion any time?

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

28. Likes x6Teen likes this post
    Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    He's saying it's not legitimate rape if she gets pregnant. He's saying women that get raped don't get pregnant because the body shuts down with a natural contraception when being raped... which... is complete and utter f^>king bullsh^t. Please refer to my nifty article above. This guy is a c^nt.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.”

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    He's saying it's not legitimate rape if she gets pregnant. He's saying women that get raped don't get pregnant because the body shuts down with a natural contraception when being raped... which... is complete and utter f^>king bullsh^t. Please refer to my nifty article above. This guy is a c^nt.
    He didn't say that. Please quote where he said its not rape if she gets pregnant. Its not n this thread.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    Wtf? So its not rape cause her body told her so? Wow I'm just speechless that's the stupidest $#@! I ever read!

My intial though when reading this is that she must be an unattractive woman to believe that $#@!.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    Whats wrong with abortion any time?
    If u willingly have sex and get pregnant then you need to be an adult not use abortion as an escape goat.

If u don't want to have a kid get ur ass on birth control its about to be free in america and they have clinics all over the country that will give u birth control.

Its about responsibility that's why I don't agree with it.

Had a friend of mine go thru the whole process and it was sickening and I don't agree with it at all

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Thread Information