Superior Member

Made a YouTube video on cleaning a DualShock3 Controller...

I didn't really find too many very useful videos on how to dis-assemble, clean, and re-assemble a PS3 DualShock3 controller on YouTube.. or the ones I did find were too short, incomplete, or simply had a camera angle too far away to see what the user was doing exactly.

So.. This video was my answer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6DKsfLgluc

It comes in at over 36 minutes in total length, showing complete assembly and dis-assembly close up, and I try and explain every little hurdle you might come across. I also explain how you can replace the stock battery with a very inexpensive battery that will give you more time playing between charges of your controller.

- Hopefully this video helps somebody else out, or maybe even saves them a few bucks on buying a new controller.

- Zaxx
    Last edited by Zaxtor99; 08-20-2012 at 16:10.

2. Likes Fon , F34R , keefy, DarkVincent07 likes this post
    Trying not to break stuff...
    Items Diablo IIIOne PieceGhost in the ShellLuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Yes! I've been meaning to clean mine for years. Cheers mate. Will bookmark

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    I tried taking my sixaxis to bits ages ago but messed it up, the plastic tab (where a screw would be ont he DS2) snapped so when put back together it wouldnt close tight and made the button presses feel weird I put up with it for about 18 months as it gradually got worse worse until I could no longer deal with it so bought a DS3.

Forum Overseer
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    +rep and Like for doing this..... BUT lol

I've never had to clean my controllers that I've had for 4.5 years now, and they last a week without having to be recharged.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Taking apart a DS3 is a $#@!, when taking things apart I record myself taking it apart to see how it all goes back.

A PS4 is sold every 2s.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items Diablo IIIOne PieceGhost in the ShellLuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    +rep and Like for doing this..... BUT lol

I've never had to clean my controllers that I've had for 4.5 years now, and they last a week without having to be recharged.
    Really? My house is so dusty, I don't know why I vaccum and dust all the time and my controllers get so dirty :/

I've been meaning to clean mine for years

Cheers

Thread Information