Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3
    Ancient
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobtheduck View Post
    The PS3 is not a flop... Geez, 60+ million...

Betamax was a flop in the HOME market, but it became the industry standard for broadcast and lasted a good 25 years at the top. Minidisc had a similar, but smaller success, because it was used by a lot of industry people, though nowhere near the saturation that Beta had.

The chart showing the comparison to the Dreamcast is scary, though. Granted, Sega died because of mismanagement during the Saturn Era, so I don' think this will KILL them, but the Vita is too good to have sales like that. They need to freaking advertise and drop the price 50 bucks. Get some software sales flowing.
    Also Shenmue was one of the most expensive games made....and it flopped

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by bobtheduck View Post
    The PS3 is not a flop... Geez, 60+ million...

Betamax was a flop in the HOME market, but it became the industry standard for broadcast and lasted a good 25 years at the top. Minidisc had a similar, but smaller success, because it was used by a lot of industry people, though nowhere near the saturation that Beta had.

The chart showing the comparison to the Dreamcast is scary, though. Granted, Sega died because of mismanagement during the Saturn Era, so I don' think this will KILL them, but the Vita is too good to have sales like that. They need to freaking advertise and drop the price 50 bucks. Get some software sales flowing.
    I wasn't saying the PS3 was a flop. Read my qualifier after the initial statement.

The fact that Betamax did not have the same success as VHS, and the same with minidisc; do make them flops.

Not that they didn't have merits, but commercially and in tech-culture terms, they were.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    They better start cutting some corners now then. If not, they'll be lucky to pass the Gamegear. Get the price down, memory card prices down or allow 3rd parties to sell them too, and get some more content out on a regular basis. THEN, and only then, will they be on the right track to catching the PSP.
    They should seriously mark down those memory cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio
    Yep, NGP will retail at $300. We all know it's going to happen.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Sony own Ericson now right?

It aint rocket science then Sony.
    Last edited by mynd; 08-23-2012 at 07:53.

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Scour View Post
    I hate to be the sort of person that goes, but I told you so. It's a sad sight, but it underlines exactly where Sony went wrong - they appeased hardcore fans and failed to adapt to the new gaming ecosystem at a time when smartphones are so dominant in mobile gaming.

If CoD and AC flop later this year, I think this time next year, we'll get concrete details on whether the product will be discontinued. I suspect we'll see the PSP brand re-emerge as the gaming portal for Sony mobiles, which is what Sony ought to have concentrated on all along rather than fragmenting their attention and resources.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim

PlayStation Vita sales hit 2.2 million worldwide as of June 30th

Sony is spread to thin in my opinion. I don't see the need for the Vita when the PSP is still doing good numbers better than the vita in some area's. The only people who benefit from the vita release are the people who bought one cause it is an impressive portable. But the mass appeal of it isn't there.......yet (hopefully)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DeviousOne; 08-23-2012 at 16:09.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    That's true... I mean, it's only six months since launch. It definitely won't have the mass appeal due to the lack of content, price, and accessory prices. I mean, that's the same tag line you can use for almost any questions about the PS Vita's success.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    I just hope sony can keep developers on board long enough to give the vita a chance to make it

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Thread Information