Latest PSU headlines:

PSN ID
    (none)

Ready for Madden13??

I love Madden. Anyone else??

I don't understand the excitement over new "pass trajectories." Madden has always had different pass trajectories. If you jam the button, it's a bullet pass. If you tap the button, it's a high-arcing moon ball.

I don't have a problem with "Superman" LB's. What I do have a problem with is that my QB cannot look over at the WR to see if he is open. If, I'm throwing a quick slant, I have to do it BLIND because the WR has not entered the screen yet and if I wait, then the LB or the safety will float over and pick the pass off or knock my WR unconscious.

What I would like them to do, in the future, is to be able to play any position on offense. Not just superstar mode, but change positions within the game. They had this feature before. U could be the FB, make a block, and then switch over to the HB. Or be the WR and run a streak down the sideline.

I will think of more observations and post them.
    .. Borderlands GOTY .. Final Fantasy XIII .. Wet .. Mirror's Edge .. Mass Effect 2 .. Gran Turismo 5 .. Dead Rising 2 .. Need for Speed: Most Wanted .. Little Big Planet .. Little Big Planet 2 .. Heavy Rain .. Madden 10 .. NCAA Football 10 .. Sims 3 .. Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds .. HAWX .. NBA Jam ..

Elite Sage
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I pre Ordered it last week can't wait

is it just me or do QB's look like DT's in Madden I swear Eli's been Juiced up :P

PSN ID
    (none)
    Another thing that bugs me, is that the AI doesn't realize how much time is left in the game. Let's say the computer is down 2 TD's with :28 left in the 3rd quarter, the computer doesn't realize that there is only 5:28 left in the game. The AI thinks there is 15:28 left. This is how I normally beat the AI. Not so much stick skills or anything like that, but just game management.

And why does the AI always kick ass in 2 minute situations, but can't figure out how to do the same thing the rest of the game?
    .. Borderlands GOTY .. Final Fantasy XIII .. Wet .. Mirror's Edge .. Mass Effect 2 .. Gran Turismo 5 .. Dead Rising 2 .. Need for Speed: Most Wanted .. Little Big Planet .. Little Big Planet 2 .. Heavy Rain .. Madden 10 .. NCAA Football 10 .. Sims 3 .. Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds .. HAWX .. NBA Jam ..

PSN ID
    (none)
    and another thing.

I was watching some Youtube video of Backbreaker. That game looks amazing. I saw a tackle sequence that I've never seen in Madden. The CB nicks the RB who is carrying the ball. The hit is just grazing and does not stop the RB's forward momentum, but does push him slightly to the right, where he is creamed by a LB. So now the ball carrier and the tackler are falling because of gravity, when suddenly an O-lineman -- all 300 lbs of him, pushes the RB and tackler forward about 3 yards.

This was amazing to me, because I've never seen anything like this in Madden before. What would've happened in Madden is, the CB's interaction with the RB would negated the interaction by the LB and the RB would've gotten away. Or the LB tackling the RB would have negated the interaction both would've had with the O-lineman. In short, what would've happened is, the RB would've interacted with one of the other characters and that canned animation would've disregarded any effect on the play that the other players (who were in close proximity) would've had in the game.

Why can't we get this in Madden?!

And, also, all of the players' weight and power seemed to be evident. The small corner couldn't bring down the RB, but the linebacker could. And then the O-lineman, who is bigger and stronger than all of them, pushes the whole pile forward.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by dcalhoun93 View Post
    and another thing.

I was watching some Youtube video of Backbreaker. That game looks amazing. I saw a tackle sequence that I've never seen in Madden. The CB nicks the RB who is carrying the ball. The hit is just grazing and does not stop the RB's forward momentum, but does push him slightly to the right, where he is creamed by a LB. So now the ball carrier and the tackler are falling because of gravity, when suddenly an O-lineman -- all 300 lbs of him, pushes the RB and tackler forward about 3 yards.

This was amazing to me, because I've never seen anything like this in Madden before. What would've happened in Madden is, the CB's interaction with the RB would negated the interaction by the LB and the RB would've gotten away. Or the LB tackling the RB would have negated the interaction both would've had with the O-lineman. In short, what would've happened is, the RB would've interacted with one of the other characters and that canned animation would've disregarded any effect on the play that the other players (who were in close proximity) would've had in the game.

Why can't we get this in Madden?!

And, also, all of the players' weight and power seemed to be evident. The small corner couldn't bring down the RB, but the linebacker could. And then the O-lineman, who is bigger and stronger than all of them, pushes the whole pile forward.
    This.

But have you played the demo? I thought it was a massive improvement. I love running into the guys just to see the collision physics.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

PSN ID
    (none)
    Quote Originally Posted by John25 View Post
    I pre Ordered it last week can't wait

is it just me or do QB's look like DT's in Madden I swear Eli's been Juiced up :P
    Maybe it just never occurs to us how big these guys are in real life. Eli is, what? 6'5" 240 lbs? He looks small compared to Julius Peppers. But if you were down on the field, which is what Madden is supposed to feel like, I think you would be amazed at the size of guys like Phillip Rivers, Cam Newton, Tom Brady, et al. Especially if you factor in the shoulder pads, safety vests, and cleats (which add another inch). These guys are like Mech Warriors. At least to me -- I'm 5'9, 150. I'd be like Doug Flutie running around out there Ha!

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Yep I'm ready. Loved the demo. Picking it up on day one for the 360.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by dcalhoun93 View Post
    Maybe it just never occurs to us how big these guys are in real life. Eli is, what? 6'5" 240 lbs? He looks small compared to Julius Peppers. But if you were down on the field, which is what Madden is supposed to feel like, I think you would be amazed at the size of guys like Phillip Rivers, Cam Newton, Tom Brady, et al. Especially if you factor in the shoulder pads, safety vests, and cleats (which add another inch). These guys are like Mech Warriors. At least to me -- I'm 5'9, 150. I'd be like Doug Flutie running around out there Ha!
    Eli is about 6'4 220. Still relatively big, but not someone like Big Ben. Only really Newton is a BIG guy (not just height but weight also). Manning looks comparatively small in real life, which I get what John was saying.

Anyways, another week or so wait for me.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

PSN ID
    (none)
    There are two reason I'm not going to buy this game right away (as much as I want to).

1) I still enjoy Madden 10, and I don't think that there has been enough improvement since '10 to warrant a new copy just yet. I am very excited for this edition though.

2) I don't have PSN at the crib, so I don't even play on-line. The most important component to me, at the moment, is franchise mode.

Anyways, I'll bump this thread in a week or so to get everyone's comments.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I was hoping a special gift comes for the Vita. If not, I'll end up having it on the 360 if I buy it.

Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    I think I'm passing on Madden this year.

You Big Dummy!
    Bought madden for the first time in years. Demo was sweet. Only gripe so far is that players constantly trip over each-other after the whistle.
    Gold Medal, Conn Smythe, Stanley Cup.

PS3:

PSN ID
    (none)
    So, what is the verdict on Madden 13??

Is the new physics engine really all that?

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    the new physics is good but 60% of the after tackle animation looks tacky as hell! legs folding backwards, clippings, players falling all over each other.

online lag is back again, no surprise there...every madden game this gen has been plagued by users pulling cords when they start losing!

sorry for the shaky cam, i was using my phone...i also changed the bgm because i was cursing so much. i managed to pull it out but my other 4 losses have been this exact same BULL$#@!!!! i'm leading through the 3rd quarter and all of a sudden the connection starts acting up whenever i get the ball which will result in my QB getting sacked and or fumbling! and they will not accept friendly quits....its just sad
    Last edited by YoungMullah88; 09-01-2012 at 20:47.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Drezee1
    Not being able to edit my equipment for for players or numbers(I have two CB with #22 on defense playing) as well as not having formation subs is a big loss for me. I would still rather prefer the old Franchise mode if I could have all my features retained over a new Superstar mode that now allows us to play as a coach. Nothing wrong with EA trying something new but they still should've gave paying consumers a choice in what modes they would prefer to play.
    Why wait later when you can do now!

Forum Sage
    Items Legend of ZeldaHalf-Life 2Nintendo3DSFinal Fantasy VII
    I suck at Madden but generally end up buying it. Problem is I don't understand NFL on a tactical level, I just like to throw hail mary's.

Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    I like Madden. I'm not the best obviously but I do pretty well. I haven't played it much since I bought it but I've played 6 games online, won 4 lost 2. The ones I lost in felt incredibly laggy and one of them games my opponent kept pausing a lot which seemed kind of dodgy cause I'd lag a lot right as I was about to make a play. I don't know if he was cheating or not but I would say he was based on how the game played out.

I also had a guy quit on me. It was a tough game and the scores were pretty close, then he throws an interception and I score the TD. I kick the ball long and he fumbles on the first play allowing me to score again and he quit.

edit: I don't fully understand Madden on a tactical level either but I cope pretty well I'd like to think and I win more than I lose so I can't be doing too bad.

Lately I've been starting to notice the kind of play my opponent has picked based on the way his offense is lined up making it easier to guess what he'll do. I also figured out how to stop the screen pass. That was one thing that bothered me a lot in last years Madden, I didn't really know how to stop it. Now I do.
    Last edited by EHY893; 09-02-2012 at 16:04.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    My body is NOT ready!

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Elite Sage
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxia View Post
    I suck at Madden but generally end up buying it. Problem is I don't understand NFL on a tactical level, I just like to throw hail mary's.
    haha me too I always try for the Hollywood Passes even there isn't 1 to make :P but im a Beast with McFadden shedding Tackles & getting
    big yards

Thread Information