Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 21222 ... LastLast
    Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    I have a strong feeling this game is going to suck gameplay wise and that ultimately is going to be the downfall of this game.
    No actually gameplay is the thing that will be it's saving grace, if anything. It drew quite a big/passionate crowd when I was at Eurogamer and most people went away fairly impressed (once they got their heads around the fact that the only way to kill opponents is to use specials)

I think the downfall of the game will be it's marketing, as usual with Sony. That and whether they can get these big 3rd party names in that will help it a ton.

Oh and the Vita version is absolutely amazing. Cross-play worked brilliantly

Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Raiden has a game coming out soon. Same thing with Emo Dante. Konami and Capcom were probably more willing to provide those characters at a cheaper price, in order to help promote the new games.

But as others have said, this leaves a lot of room for a sequel.
    The only thing is if this thing doesn't do well, will they do a sequel?

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Veteran
    PSASBR already missed its chance at the success it was aiming for by not securing those essential All-Stars (all of which are 3rd party). If they don't secure them at all, they won't even come close to the sales they may have hoped for.

Gameplay will also be a factor. If it's at the quality or near the quality of Smash Bros., it would nullify who didn't make it in and it will be a game with legs. A game people come back to for its competitive spirit that complements the party aspects...but as I said the hope of great sales will have already been out the window, IMO...because the initial interest level wasn't there via characters (not so much marketing, IMO...as they have really pushed promotion on this game to the level most games could really use). They would just be picking up the pieces to gear their IP's reputation up (and if PSASBR has great gameplay, it will have a good reputation) for a sequel that could actually start off on the right foot and as a result secure great sales.
    Last edited by Bio; 10-13-2012 at 20:13. Reason: grammar

Quote Originally Posted by Bio
    Yep, NGP will retail at $300. We all know it's going to happen.

4. Likes darksora likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale official thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bio View Post
    PSASBR already missed its chance at the success it was aiming for by not securing those essential All-Stars (all of which are 3rd party). If they don't secure them at all, that will not come close to the sales the may have hoped for.

Gameplay will also be a factor. If it's at the quality or near the quality of Smash Bros., it would nullify who didn't make it in and it will be a game with legs. A game people come back to for its competitive spirit that complements the party aspects...but as I said the hope of great sales will have already been out the window, IMO...because the initial interest level wasn't there via characters (not so much marketing, IMO...as they have really pushed promotion on this game to the level most games could really use). They would just be picking up the pieces to gear their IP's reputation up (and if PSASBR has great gameplay, it will have a good reputation) for a sequel that could actually start off on the right foot and as a result secure great sales.
    I agree I just get the feeling once players get their hands on this game they are going to be turned off by the gameplay....I'm basing this on the demo impressions I've seen.
    Last edited by DeviousOne; 10-13-2012 at 15:50.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

PSN ID
    Breezer_Ops
    When exit the game?

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 con Tapatalk 2

Veteran
    Yeah, I'm not optimistic about the gameplay. And I probably won't own it after being spoiled by Smash Bros (though I do want to play the game). At the very least, I want it to be something that gives Superbot a clear vision on what it "should have been" (whatever that may be) in the inevitable sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio
    Yep, NGP will retail at $300. We all know it's going to happen.

Ultimate Veteran
    PlayStation Plus beta goes live tomorrow.

I don't think many people will mind waiting. Superbot dropped the ball. I can't comment on the gameplay but there isn't enough variety in the character roster.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 10-16-2012 at 00:08.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Do you love GTA? Check out my general discussion thread here!

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Yeah I'm REALLY interested to see what gamers think of it. Will be back here for impressions from PS+ members for sure. It just looks like this game is a mixed bag and will be hit or miss with people

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Damn I need to get PS+ smh

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    They need to hold this game back for a few months and work on upping the roster, whether it be with more actual PS characters or hell, if it's what their actually going for, more iconic/badass characters period! If their plan to to abuse the DLC rout they better not charge an arm and a leg or this will just be another terribly mishandled title that could have been worth talking about.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    CloudStrife37
    Really enjoying playing as Parappa. 4 wins in a row so far ;D

Veteran
    I love this game and no it doesn't play like Smash Brothers.

Kratos and Sweet Tooth for the win!

Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    It seems like y'all like it. That's good to hear.

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Items Naughty DogFinal Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    I got to play a little bit with it on my brother's vita. I'm actually really impressed by it. My first match was as Radec. I was immediately owned. Then tried Kratos for a few matches and started to really like the game. The building up for supers is actually pretty intense and rewarding when you get down to the final seconds. Not to mention trying to dodge other supers the best you can.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    Quite fun actually! If anyone from EU or US east want to play, add me

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    I'll find out in 15mins if this game is fun or not. DLing on my vita.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio View Post
    PSASBR already missed its chance at the success it was aiming for by not securing those essential All-Stars (all of which are 3rd party). If they don't secure them at all, they won't even come close to the sales they may have hoped for.

ROFL SSB plays like crap and is just a button masher. PSA has much better controls and each character has more unique abilities to add a learning curve and strategy.
    Anyway i am not into fighting games anymore, but this game seems really decent and I don't why people are doubting it so much and keep comparing it SSB. The gaming community is so cynical these days, thanks to the internet.

Veteran

I just noticed how this thread went. It went from PSA is crap and missed the ball to gamers who actually played it really enjoying it.

My impressions from around the net is that most people think it is a great game.
    Last edited by Kauldron; 10-18-2012 at 01:28.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    It was alright I liked using Parappa,Kratos,Sweet Tooth and Fat Princess.I hate everyone else not to mention every match I was in people were spamming that sniper rifle $#@! with radec. I played with everyone so I won 4/6 matches.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    My brother downloaded the beta it was ok I wasn't impressed not in love with the character selection

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Kauldron View Post

I just noticed how this thread went. It went from PSA is crap and missed the ball to gamers who actually played it really enjoying it.

My impressions from around the net is that most people think it is a great game.
    Yeah that's what I was saying. If more people can get their hands on it the better, the gameplay is very solid and fun. But then again some may also not like it, like all games. Hopefully the lack of Crash, Snake, etc doesn't put people off too much

Played a few games on my Vita last night. I love playing as Sweettooth ^_^
    Last edited by Nitey; 10-18-2012 at 12:40.

Master Poster
    are all the characters available in the beta or is it only a selection of them?

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by darksora View Post
    are all the characters available in the beta or is it only a selection of them?
    Just a selection

Sweeettooth, Sly, Fat Princess, Radec, Kratos and Parappa

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    only a selection. sweettooth, parappa, kratos, fat princess, and radec.

PSN ID
    Breezer_Ops
    This game will be epic.
    I think play PASBT on psvita is more amazing then play on Ps3

Thread Information