Latest PSU headlines:

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1222 ... LastLast
    PSU Technical Advisor
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Other thing is, there are some pretty low rez textures on the player models. In particular Radec for some reason (sad face) and I dunno if it's that way for the PS3 version or not..

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    This is gonna be one of my most played games this gen no doubt. So much fun playing online 2v2 with my bro next to me.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    Is it cross-buy? if i buy the PS3 version will i get the PS-Vita version for free?

Cause that would be the only way i could justify spending $60 on this game right now!

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Items Final Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    Yeah, I've been trying to get my brother into it. 2v2 with a friend is pretty awesome. I've had some epic fights for sure. And brebaz, if you buy the ps3 version, it comes with the vita version for free.

5. Likes TheBreezyBB likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    GlassGun
    Items American DadDaft PunkScarlett JohanssonNaughty DogPS3 SlimLucy PinderFinal Fantasy VIIDark SoulsPS3 Fat
    I have been playing this for the past couple of days and noticed a lot of game breaking bugs online.

1. Character's re spawning invincible and unable to take any damage yet they can still deal damage.
    2. Character's re spawning invisible and can deal damage without being seen.
    3. Go into a game with 4 players yet only maybe 3 players are connected. (3 Character Icons at the bottom of the screen) But only two of these players are actually playing, then half way through the match. Player 3 appears.
    4. When a game has 4 players but one player drops, more often than not the player that dropped will have some kills racked up and more than likely will finish second.

Great fun game, definitely enjoying it more than smash bros but the bugs are really annoying when playing in ranked mode.

Also match making in ranked mode is very random... Purple Belt VS Green VS No Belt VS Yellow? Hmmmmm Purple is going to win due to having far more experience.

Also finding a lot of lag in places where players will teleport across the screen even though they do not have teleport skill.

Have a few peeves about specific characters as well >.> Kratos that damn combo, you can't even move away! Raiden's range is so far... Just sits at one end of the map and racks up AP.

However I am enjoying the game. Love playing as Spike, that nostalgia.

Current Signature Too Tall for Size Limits

60 Gig Sony Playstation 3 |Sony Bravia 52" LCD | 5.1 SS

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by brebaz View Post
    Is it cross-buy? if i buy the PS3 version will i get the PS-Vita version for free?

Cause that would be the only way i could justify spending $60 on this game right now!
    Yep!

Quote Originally Posted by Bio
    Yep, NGP will retail at $300. We all know it's going to happen.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Scud View Post
    Yeah, I've been trying to get my brother into it. 2v2 with a friend is pretty awesome. I've had some epic fights for sure. And brebaz, if you buy the ps3 version, it comes with the vita version for free.
    Awesome i'll look into it soon for sure. Thanks!

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Skinnyjr
    I've been playing that game for the past days and I can tell that I'll be playing for a long time...
    Sony BRAVIA 40" XBR4
    harman/kardon AVR1600
    1Tb PS3 slim
    500Gb PS4
    Toshiba S50D A
    AMD A10-5745M APU 2.10Ghz
    AMD Radeon HD 8500M
    8Gb RAM
    1Tb Hdd
    Windows 8

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrubs42 View Post
    I have been playing this for the past couple of days and noticed a lot of game breaking bugs online.

1. Character's re spawning invincible and unable to take any damage yet they can still deal damage.
    2. Character's re spawning invisible and can deal damage without being seen.
    3. Go into a game with 4 players yet only maybe 3 players are connected. (3 Character Icons at the bottom of the screen) But only two of these players are actually playing, then half way through the match. Player 3 appears.
    4. When a game has 4 players but one player drops, more often than not the player that dropped will have some kills racked up and more than likely will finish second.

Great fun game, definitely enjoying it more than smash bros but the bugs are really annoying when playing in ranked mode.

Also match making in ranked mode is very random... Purple Belt VS Green VS No Belt VS Yellow? Hmmmmm Purple is going to win due to having far more experience.
    With 1, are you saying they spawn invincible and stay invincible for longer than a few seconds? I have experienced your 3rd and 4th point. I've experienced delayed spawns, invisible players. I had a match where there was 4 players, when it begun there was only one other opponent. After the 3 mins were up, the other two players still received scores but were greyed out. It was strange to say the least.

The match making does seem incredibly random. It seems like it just adds 4 players in a room, regardless of belt. However, I do believe your rank goes up much higher if you upset someone with a higher belt rank (like if the no rank beat out the competition from your example).

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Robot Chicken ad for PSABR

12. Likes Sir_Scud likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    GlassGun
    Items American DadDaft PunkScarlett JohanssonNaughty DogPS3 SlimLucy PinderFinal Fantasy VIIDark SoulsPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Scud View Post
    With 1, are you saying they spawn invincible and stay invincible for longer than a few seconds? I have experienced your 3rd and 4th point. I've experienced delayed spawns, invisible players. I had a match where there was 4 players, when it begun there was only one other opponent. After the 3 mins were up, the other two players still received scores but were greyed out. It was strange to say the least.

The match making does seem incredibly random. It seems like it just adds 4 players in a room, regardless of belt. However, I do believe your rank goes up much higher if you upset someone with a higher belt rank (like if the no rank beat out the competition from your example).
    One of my first ranked matches online was 3 player FFA and for the majority of the match it was me vs raiden. There was no 3rd player. Then about a minute to go, after killing raiden, they respawned and had the spawn protection aura but it stayed, the character model stayed 'silver/grey.' I tried taking a few swings at him with melee but could not land a hit nor did the character flinch. Then I move away to the other side of the map trying to avoid hoping it will drop and they start thrashing around at the other side of the map. I was wondering if this was either really bad lag or invisible player. (I maybe thought hmm maybe one game mode is you get paired up in two 1v1 matches sometimes and last player standing wins. So when one player of 3 and 4 die they then battle either player 1 or 2.) Turns out it was an invisible player who had appeared halfway through the match. I go over to investigate and get killed by Raiden.

At the end of the game I end up finishing 4th. (-2) 3rd Place (-1) goes to the invisible player who appeared half way through the match. 2nd place goes to the player who wasn't even connected (0 deaths and 0 kills) then 1st to Raiden.

"I was like... eh? That is a bit... Why would that happen in a ranked match that just defeats the purpose of having..."

In response to greyed out you mean the character icons at the bottom of the screen and not the end game screen? I have never had greyed out characters at the end game screen.

I would think that they need to add more parameters to the search function in ranked. Be able to choose connection type (Best / Good / Any) and also whether mixed rank or similar rank.
    I guess if you are matched with higher belts you do have the chance to gain a higher belt, but being paired with 1 purple kratos he just dominated the game against 2 blues and a yellow.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I am getting it downloaded on my PS Vita thanks to the Amazon promo I bought. WOot. I won't be able to play it till this afternoon, IF PSUBLOPS isn't active hehe....

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrubs42 View Post
    In response to greyed out you mean the character icons at the bottom of the screen and not the end game screen? I have never had greyed out characters at the end game screen.
    No, the names were greyed out on the end game screen. Can't remember if they were greyed out during the match. Because one of the players I never saw went 7-1, his score was higher than mine, yet I got 2nd place.

I forgot to point out during that match when I was just facing Kratos, he would sometimes jump across the screen. I think maybe he could have seen and was fighting the other characters, but I could only see him.

That BS only happened once for me, though. I'd welcome more parameters, I'm in between sucking and being decent, so I would rather not fight anyone beyond a green belt.

@F34R, that Vita bundle was amazing. You should give it a little test run, see how it plays with the full roster.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    GlassGun
    @Sir_Scud
    Greyed out on the end screen, that's interesting. I have never had that. It seems totally unfair cause you could probably count in that match if you added up all the kills and deaths they wouldn't match. Yet 2nd place to you. :/
    Yeah that's what I mean what you mentioned about Kratos jumping across the screen. I thought that maybe he was fighting another character I couldn't see nevermind attack and assumed that I wasn't in the battle and thought it was FFA 1v1. I sauntered over and boom dead. I think it could be down to very bad lag.

Yeah I play with spike and I can either dominate quite well against similar belts but get whooped by high belts.

EDIT: Just played again. Not going to play till this gets fixed kinda annoying.

FFA Drake vs Sly vs Raiden vs Me.

Final Scores- Drake (D) :3/3 | Sly (S) :2/4 | Raiden (R) :7/3 | Me (M) 1/3 | Total Kills: 13 Total Deaths 13
    1 > 2 > 3 > 4
    R > D > S > M

Drake wasn't even playing. He wasn't there on the map. His character icon wasn't on the bottom of the screen during the match. Raiden died once. I died twice from Raiden and once from Sly. Sly died once from Raiden once from Me.

Actual Scores- Drake :0/0 | Sly :2/1 | Raiden :4/1 | Me 1/3 | Total Kills: 13 Total Deaths 13

1 > 2 > (3) > 4
    R > S > (D) > M

Drake shouldn't even score because he disconnected.
    Last edited by Scrubs42; 11-27-2012 at 23:03.

Forum Elder
    So I've been goin gthrough each character in story mode, trying to find my groove and which player suits me best. I've probably any through 10 characters or so. I liked spike and ratchet.

I figured I would give online a shot. I'm at level 25 with a few characters. I was shocked to find out that people were up to level 600...REALLY? How much time do you have to get that far?

18. Likes skinny_jr likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    GlassGun
    i'm not too sure if the levelling scales as you go up, so the same ammount of xp goes from 1 to 2 is the same as 99 to 100?

Elite Guru
    I saw someone at rank 999. I think it was a Raiden o_O

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    I guess while leveling it doesn't hurt if you keep meeting goals on a character. Especially if you keep dominating, you'll be ranking up pretty quickly.

Apprentice

Elite Guru
    That's quite a big nerf, wow. He's not one of my charactars but my broter enjoys using him. Been reading a lot of people think he's overpowered so there ya go

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Damn, already nerfing... smh Glad it was free.

Elite Guru
    It's a good thing they are nerfing him. Much of the community have been vocal at how overpowered he seems. I couldn't care less though, I didn't mind him. I'm glad they are listening to the community though

Issue where players were stuck with a different character than the one picked has been addressed
    Glad this is being addressed

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    It's a good thing they are nerfing him. Much of the community have been vocal at how overpowered he seems. I couldn't care less though, I didn't mind him. I'm glad they are listening to the community though

Glad this is being addressed
    I hate Nerfing... I've not even used him yet. lol.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I trust these guys with their nerfs. They are seasoned in the genre.

Elite Guru
    Fair enough F34R! He's pretty fun to use, now it'll just take him longer to get to his supers basically. I'd be pissed if I was a sackboy user though

I think it's important they react to the community though. In fighting games (and one that apparently hasn't sold so well) they need to keep their community happy or they just go elsewhere easily

Thread Information