Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1323 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    They should be okay with the nerf. Looks like they already use a top tier character, so I don't see why they should be too bothered by it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio
    Yep, NGP will retail at $300. We all know it's going to happen.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Items Naughty DogFinal Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    Yeah, this patch will be nice. I had a match with an invisible 4th player, lots of lag, and then after I did my level 2 super my AP bar greyed out. So for the last min and a half I basically couldn't gain supers or kills.

Forum Elder
    I feel better now that I got my ass kicked online by sack boy

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    The inclusion of Kat and Emmet is really cool. Still think we'll get another 10 dlc characters...

Forum Elder
    How do we get Kat and Emmet? I pre-ordered this game and it came with extra skins..that's all

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by Vercetti View Post
    How do we get Kat and Emmet? I pre-ordered this game and it came with extra skins..that's all
    From what I know they come out sometime in January as well as the new stage, and are free for the first few weeks. Even if you don't own the game - like me - you can still download them

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I wonder ifall the DLC will be free for the first 2 weeks. That would be cool, and makes sense...it rewards those who have supported the game...or those who are smart enough to download it fora future purchase.

Forum Elder
    They have to bring in Crash Bandicoot. He is the playstation's Mario or sonic

Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    I wonder ifall the DLC will be free for the first 2 weeks. That would be cool, and makes sense...it rewards those who have supported the game...or those who are smart enough to download it fora future purchase.
    if all*?

Yeah I really hope so too ><

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    if all*?

Yeah I really hope so too ><
    4 year old laptop...dying spacebar...

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    4 year old laptop...dying spacebar...
    No excuse ><

12. Likes Ghost likes this post
    PSN ID
    shingi70
    Finally got a chance to play it today. I really think the game should have been left in the oven for a while maybe for the PS4 launch.

1v1 was really fun pulling off those FG style combos. The gameplay as a whole is well polished and pretty fun. My problem is I'm not a fan of the scoring system at all.

The super only kills actually work pretty well when playing 1v1 and like a tradtional fighting game. Pulliing off the combos to build up AP then pull off a super is a lot of fun and has a ton of depth. This however falls apart once you add in two more people in my book.

The biggest problem I personally have with the game is the presentation is piss poor for what's supposed to be a celebration of the playstation brand. The menu's and font look like they took an hour to do and ooze rush job. I also hate the real lack of extras when comaping to something like Brawl or Melee.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    I'd be surprised if the DLC after the first batch also does the free for the first 2 weeks plan. I think this is just a way to get people to hold onto the game, give the loyal fans a little more. As cool as the new characters sound, I'm more excited about the stage.

Forum Elder
    What ridiculous level are you all at with your characters? I played some people at level 500 when I was at 25 a few weeks ago. Haven't played since

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    My highest is like 212....If you get lucky and end up meeting long term goals on a certain character, you can get a $#@! ton of RP in a single fight. I remember going up from like 202 to 212 in my last fight I did.

But yeah, I have no idea how many matches one must do to reach 500.

Forum Elder
    Nice avatar. The Wire is one of my favorite shows.

I haven't found my favorite character yet. I haven't played with them all yet. As far as online, I'm getting my ass KICKED. I often lose my character and can't find him lol

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Atlus talks possible Persona characters in ‘Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale’
    “Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale” was released in North America last week. The Playstation 3 and Playstation Vita game features a mix of first-party and third-party characters; however, it doesn’t have any from the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. When asked if a Persona character can appear in the crossover fighting title, Mike Meeker responded with an interesting comment. You can check out some screens from the video game in the slideshow at the top of this article and the statement from the Lead Editor of Atlus USA on the comments section of the Playstation.Blog below:

That’s up to the developers of ASBR. Let’s start a campaign to get Teddie included.
    Would be cool I'd want to play as Minato or Yuu.

Source

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Veteran
    Yeah, Persona fits the premise of the game pretty well. The series exists almost entirely on PlayStation platforms and seemed to be popularized mostly during the PS2 era. If I recall, Persona 3 and/or 4 are games considered by many as one of the greatest PS2 games in the library. So...while not the biggest nor most iconic by any means, it definitely seems to be one of the franchise players that has helped shape PlayStation's legacy.

I guess the question now is who gets thrown in there. Now that P4A has been released, they shouldn't have a difficult time adapting whoever they choose into PSASBR.
    Last edited by Bio; 12-16-2012 at 05:22.

Ultimate Veteran
    As much as I love the Persona series, I didn't know that Minato and Yu were the names of the player protagonists for Persona 3 and 4 until I read it online. The developers have you pick your own name.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Do you love GTA? Check out my general discussion thread here!

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    How many of you guys enjoying the game? Does it feel like Super Smash Bros?

Superior Member
    I've been playing it religiously since I got it. Never got into SSB very much, only Melee back in the day. PSASBR has its own flavor. Similar concept, but its surprisingly technical.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Since my bro is back for the xmas break we've been at it again, 2v2 online. Played for hours straight last night. Come up against some lame players but it's the nature of the beast I guess. Love it

Can't wait for Emmet and Kat and the new heavenlysword/wipeout stage

Veteran
    I haven't played PSASBR, but I feel like I could be good at the game. Based on what I know from my Smasher peers, they told me that if you already played Smash competitively, you will quickly understand the fundamentals of PSASBR.

For instance, newcomers or low-skilled Smash players will dodge roll all the time because they think "oh man! I can move AND have invincibility frames!"...but in reality they just end up moving slower and in a more predictable manner. From what they told me, the same misconception happens to many players in PSASBR.

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by Vercetti View Post
    What ridiculous level are you all at with your characters? I played some people at level 500 when I was at 25 a few weeks ago. Haven't played since
    I have drake at 999, and radeck over 150 I think.

I would be nice to be able to access your player's stats online.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio View Post
    I haven't played PSASBR, but I feel like I could be good at the game. Based on what I know from my Smasher peers, they told me that if you already played Smash competitively, you will quickly understand the fundamentals of PSASBR.

For instance, newcomers or low-skilled Smash players will dodge roll all the time because they think "oh man! I can move AND have invincibility frames!"...but in reality they just end up moving slower and in a more predictable manner. From what they told me, the same misconception happens to many players in PSASBR.
    Yeah it becomes predictable of new players that roll all the time. There are times I watch 2 of the other players constantly rolling behind each other over and over again. If you're wise you can pull off a higher level super on most characters in mid roll and kill 'em by the time the animations end.

The fundamentals are definitely there from smash, but learning how to combo different moves together is what really separates them, and understanding other players doing those combos.

For example, if Dante is doing an air combo, as Kratos you can get right under him and pull off your level 2. The Dante player probably isn't going to notice you setting up your level 2, and the guy he is doing the combo towards can't escape in mid combo. Easy net of 2 kills.

Thread Information