Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 24 111 ... LastLast
    Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale official thread

Ever since Nintendo's Super Smash Bros. came out, Sony fans have been clamoring for their own beat-em-up mascot brawler. There was no doubt in my mind that this game was coming. Anyways, this thread will contain everything related to PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale.

Official Boxart

Full Length Advertisement

Opening Cinematic

Release Dates

JPN - November 8, 2012
    NA - November 20, 2012
    EU - November 21, 2012
    AUS - November 22, 2012
    UK - November 23, 2012

Multiplayer details

Number of players 1-4

Story Mode rivals

Confirmed Maps

Alden's Tower (inFamous/Sly Cooper)
    Cargo plane (Uncharted/BioShock Infinite)
    Dojo (Parappa the Rapper/Killzone)
    Dreamscape (LittleBigPlanet/Buzz)
    Hades (God of War/Patapon)
    Metropolis (Ratchet & Clank/God of War)
    Sandover village (Ratchet & Clank/God of War)

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale characters

Big Daddy (BioShock)
    Cole MacGrath (inFamous)
    Evil Cole (inFamous)
    Colonel Radec (Killzone 2)
    Dante (DmC)
    Raiden (Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance)
    Nariko (Heavenly Sword)
    Sir Daniel Fortesque (MediEvil)
    Fat Princess
    Heihachi Mishima (Tekken)
    Jak and Daxter
    Kratos (God of War)
    Nathan Drake (Uncharted)
    Parappa the Rapper
    Ratchet and Clank
    Sackboy (LittleBigPlanet)
    Sly Cooper
    Sweet Tooth (Twisted Metal)
    Spike (Ape Escape)
    Toro (Japanese mascot)

Who do you want to see in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale?
    What would be their Super Moves?

Videos

E3 2012

Gamescom 2012

Sackboy trailer (LittleBigPlanet)

Cole MacGrath (inFamous)

Dante (DmC)

Spike (Ape Escape)

Heihachi Mishima (Tekken)

Jak and Daxter

Ratchet and Clank

Toro (Japan Mascot)

Raiden (Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance)

Nariko (Heavenly Sword)

Sir Daniel Fortesque (MediEvil)

Screenshots

Gameplay

Character strategy videos
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 11-08-2012 at 21:14. Reason: Updating...

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

2. Likes DarkVincent07, Fon , Nitey , Ghost likes this post
    Veteran
    Cool stuff. Here's hoping we get an alternate skin for Dante. A unique opportunity that we may never again have where you could technically play as both Dantes...

While you're at it, I would suggest keeping an up-to-date character roster since that's gonna be what's on most people's minds. Not everyone has a video, if I recall correctly, so this would help.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio
    Yep, NGP will retail at $300. We all know it's going to happen.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Unless they have some unlockable secondary costumes, I doubt anyone will be using the new Dante. Also, needs a Snake character.

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio View Post
    Cool stuff. Here's hoping we get an alternate skin for Dante. A unique opportunity that we may never again have where you could technically play as both Dantes...

While you're at it, I would suggest keeping an up-to-date character roster since that's gonna be what's on most people's minds. Not everyone has a video, if I recall correctly, so this would help.
    Sorry i got sidetracked.See if i'm missing anyone. Your right not everyone has a video.
    Dre, i think people will play as him just to get a feel of him (lol) , but he looks like a good character. No one is familiar with him though. Now the original dante we all know.

Edit: I would love to see cloud, crash, snake, goku, leon kennedy, and Dart from legend of the dragoon. That would be crazy.
    Last edited by Silvy; 08-24-2012 at 03:32.

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Ultimate Veteran
    I would recommend cleaning up the OP and adding other basic information like the boxart, developer, publisher, release dates, game modes etc.

Check out Nuvian's XCOM: Enemy Unknown thread to get a better idea of what I'm talking about. Takes a little while but it's worth it.

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    I would recommend cleaning up the OP and adding other basic information like the boxart, developer, publisher, release dates, game modes etc.

Check out Nuvian's XCOM: Enemy Unknown thread to get a better idea of what I'm talking about. Takes a little while but it's worth it.
    I put images, release dates, characters, and i'm looking into games modes as of now.
    I'm trying
    Edit: Also i stole that bit about game modes from ign
    Last edited by Silvy; 08-24-2012 at 04:13.

Ultimate Veteran
    Yeah, it's alright. Remember to keep it organized and easy to read too.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 08-24-2012 at 04:38.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Nice thread.

There isn't a whole lot of time left to announce new characters, I wonder how many will be in the final roster.. hmm

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    Nice thread.

There isn't a whole lot of time left to announce new characters, I wonder how many will be in the final roster.. hmm
    I know,right I would love to see a montage with just newly announced characters. I'm happy with it so far but they need more iconic characters like cloud, sora, Crash, Dart(Not really big), Goku, and many more. Who's happy with the roster so far?

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Them putting in Raiden without Snake would be the biggest troll of all time, similar to how they've put in the new Dante lol. I think we are still to see a lot of characters.

12. Likes Lebowski likes this post
    Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Them putting in Raiden without Snake would be the biggest troll of all time, similar to how they've put in the new Dante lol. I think we are still to see a lot of characters.
    I think we will to but they need to hurry up. I'm just waiting to see a bustersword. I think they be doing things on the purpose. You see raiden and your where's like snake? It creates buzz around the game to be honest.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    My friend is in the beta and he doesn't find it too fun. He says the life meter is much less satisfying than launching an opponent off the stage, like with Smash Bros. That was my main fear, when I first heard what they were doing.

He's a big PlayStation fan by the way. Not a Nintendo fanboy or anything like that.

Has anyone else here played the game?

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    My friend is in the beta and he doesn't find it too fun. He says the life meter is much less satisfying than launching an opponent off the stage, like with Smash Bros. That was my main fear, when I first heard what they were doing.

He's a big PlayStation fan by the way. Not a Nintendo fanboy or anything like that.

Has anyone else here played the game?
    See that's what i said to. I hope they change it or something to. It's a great game but i hope something like this doesn't ruin it. I know a couple of members got beta codes here but i wasn't one of them. *Cries* also, the need a public beta.

Master Guru
    Cloud strife, Tidus, Zidane, Sephiroth, tifa, and auron should be in there i hope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When PlayStation fans sit down and think about which characters they'd like to see in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, Final Fantasy icons like Cloud Strife, Sephiroth, and more are some of the first to come up. Thankfully, it seems SuperBot Entertainment is listening to fans. The studio is still tight-lipped on the remaining roster members, but hope was ignited at SuperBot's gamescom 2012 panel.

When asked if any Final Fantasy characters would appear in the game, Omar Kendall replied, "You'll just have to stay tuned. We haven't announced a Final Fantasy character yet, but stay tuned." Of course, Kendall's answer is by no means confirmation, but it's good to hear that the possibility wasn't outright denied. In fact, SuperBot has a rather solid track record of turning "Stay tuned" answers into announcements. Many of PlayStation's most important franchises have already been represented, and more character reveals are coming. There's a good chance one of your favorite Final Fantasy characters is among them.

Stay tuned to PSU.com for more on PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, and sound off in the comments with the Final Fantasy character(s) YOU'D like to see in the game.

Veteran
    Well, Smash Bros. can be played with health as well. Perhaps PSASBR will have other modes that change the objectives in that fashion, too.

That's super disappointing news, though, Ixion. That was my biggest fear, as well.

Smash Bros. is an extremely addicting platformer-fighter, though. So I guess I'm not all that surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio
    Yep, NGP will retail at $300. We all know it's going to happen.

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio View Post
    Well, Smash Bros. can be played with health as well. Perhaps PSASBR will have other modes that change the objectives in that fashion, too.

That's super disappointing news, though, Ixion. That was my biggest fear, as well.

Smash Bros. is an extremely addicting platformer-fighter, though. So I guess I'm not all that surprised.
    This is want i to. I hope they'll have a percentage mode just like smash. That health bar is the only thing i dislike so far about the game.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    No Crash no sale from me lol

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    No Crash no sale from me lol

Yeah, they'll be crazy not to put him in there and Cloud would be a instant buy for me.

Master Guru
    I just read this own the home page at psu.We're probably going to see crash bandicoot FTW!!!!!!1111
    http://www.psu.com/a016709/Activisio...n-PS-All-Stars

22. Likes DeviousOne likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Oh yeah!!!

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Master Guru
    Oh yeah!!!
    I hope we get to see a event trailer for him soon.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow

Americas not loving Playstation All Stars

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Items User name styleManchester United
Gift received at 11-19-2011 from Cuguy
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go
    Sony usually has huge Triple A titles set to release in the Fall. This year’s a bit different.
    They’re banking a lot into their new IP (Super Smash Brawl rip off cough*) PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, created by new developer team Super Bot.
    Anyone who buys the game (not used) gets a free copy of All-Stars for their slow-selling Vita. In addition, anyone who pre-orders the game gets exclusive costumes for certain fighters in the game.
    With all that said, it seems none of the perks are affecting gamers in the states. PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale pre-orders are looking pretty awful thus far. The game is three months away from release and it has only managed to produce 16,696 pre-orders. This past week it only managed to add 1,139 pre-orders.
    That’s almost equivalent to what The Last of US added this past week (1,119.) To make matters worse, The Last of Us has already doubled the pre-orders of All-Stars with 35,265 and that’s scheduled to come out next year.
    Perhaps things will turn around for All-Stars before the game releases? For more information check back later with Non-Specific Action

“Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke

PSN ID: berts08

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Really? We haven't even played it? Wtf? I'm on the fence about it still..

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Really? We haven't even played it? Wtf? I'm on the fence about it still.. Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    I'm in the beta and I wasnt impressed at all. But of course I can only speak for myself.

Thread Information