Page 1 of 4 1 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    Items FuturamaLinuxBlizzardUser name style

Life Without Parole for Lending Car to a Friend

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4507217/l...r-to-a-friend/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Holle

What a joke. Basically he got life in jail without parole for a crime he wasn't directly involved with. He basically just lent has car to his friends who told him that they were going to go rob a safe but ended up killing someone. I think he should get punished because he knew they were going to rob someone but life in jail is just retarded.

This is probably another example of why you don't talk to the police before you get a lawyer. If he didn't blatantly tell the cops that he knew they were going to rob someone he would have walked away with nothing.

BTW This was his first offense also...
    Last edited by bash; 08-25-2012 at 07:30. Reason: Duplicates of video... >:/
    2010 Lethal's FF League Champion

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    what state is this in, Arkansas? the video wont work for me, but from the sound of it, it sounds like one of those derp states such as Arkansas, Oregon, Tennessee, .
    PSN ID: Intense_Peanut

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    He called them up they answered nd said they were outside her house.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Think its sad how just knowing/being around is worse then actually comitting the crime. Remember a few years back a guy was lethal injected yet didnt kill, and the guy that did kill got life in jail :/

Sig&Av by Kuro

Preorders:
    DyingLightOrder1886Witcher3Batman:AKUncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Selected Members Council
    I don't know why but Fox posts the same videos 2-3 times even though I removed the duplicates. :/
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

6. Likes bash likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    Life sentence without parole, that will teach him! So much for being Graceville "Correctional" Facility.

And his lawyer told him not to accept the plea bargain of 10 years, saying he wouldn't be going to prison at all.

This kid got screwed royally.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Accessory to murder is a serious charge and once he knew they were gonna rob a bank he instantly became responsible for anything that could happen.

Dumb move don't think he shoudlve gotten life for it but the law is the law. Don't talk to cops until u speak with a lawyer is the lesson of the day also don't knowingly give ur car to someone that's going to commit a crime.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

9. Likes RaY_210 , Fon , F34R likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    I think he should have served maybe a couple years. But life without parole? Those guys never said they were going to "murder" that girl. He had no idea that was going to happen. He was also drunk and I doubt any of us could think our friends would kill another person.

The punishment does not fit the crime.

11. Likes John25 , bash likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    I think he should have served maybe a couple years. But life without parole? Those guys never said they were going to "murder" that girl. He had no idea that was going to happen. He was also drunk and I doubt any of us could think our friends would kill another person.

I'm sure this case will get an appeal the sentence is just ridiculous for someone being a moron.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Pretty sure he would be out now if he took that 10 year plea bargain he must be fuming.
    How can his lawyer sleep at night?

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Pretty sure he would be out now if he took that 10 year plea bargain he must be fuming.
    Not to be funny but speaking from experience his lawyer was probably a public defender meaning he may of been a younger lawyer right out of school thinking this be an easy case and under estimated how serious state attorneys are all they care about is the max penalty and getting a verdict in their favor.

I couldn't stand them!!

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    It has been 9 years now. He should have taken the 10 year plea.

16. Likes F34R likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Damn I missed out on its been 9 years...this would be a good PR case for a firm trying to get P points from the general public if they were successful in getting him out of jail

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    Accessory to murder is a serious charge and once he knew they were gonna rob a bank he instantly became responsible for anything that could happen.

Dumb move don't think he shoudlve gotten life for it but the law is the law. Don't talk to cops until u speak with a lawyer is the lesson of the day also don't knowingly give ur car to someone that's going to commit a crime.

The law is the law but that doesn't mean its right. What's the point of locking him up for the rest of his life? He'll never live life. He'll never contribute anything to society. Even if he learned from his mistake, it doesn't matter. I would probably kill myself if I were in his position.

Elite Member
    The guy should definitely be punished but life without parole is too much. He never killed anyone.
    Thanks to Kwesnoth for the sig!

TheCinemaJack Movie Reviews!

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by bash View Post

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4507217/l...r-to-a-friend/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Holle

What a joke. Basically he got life in jail without parole for a crime he wasn't directly involved with. He basically just lent has car to his friends who told him that they were going to go rob a safe but ended up killing someone. I think he should get punished because he knew they were going to rob someone but life in jail is just retarded.

This is probably another example of why you don't talk to the police before you get a lawyer. If he didn't blatantly tell the cops that he knew they were going to rob someone he would have walked away with nothing.

BTW This was his first offense also...
    It's not a joke. He got what he deserved. Period.

At the very least, it does fit the crime.
    I'm sure this case will get an appeal the sentence is just ridiculous for someone being a moron.

You can break it down to however you wanna agree with it, he's more than a moron. He's responsible or those guys being over there in the first place. That's just the beginning of him being a moron.
    It has been 9 years now. He should have taken the 10 year plea.
    Yep. He should have taken the plea... easily.
    Quote Originally Posted by Centurion View Post
    The law is the law but that doesn't mean its right. What's the point of locking him up for the rest of his life? He'll never live life. He'll never contribute anything to society. Even if he learned from his mistake, it doesn't matter. I would probably kill myself if I were in his position.
    Yeah, it's right on this case for sure. What's the point of him giving access to things for people to commit crimes that he knows they are going to do? wtf kind of thinking is that to say anything promising about this piece of $#@!.
    Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    The guy should definitely be punished but life without parole is too much. He never killed anyone.
    Read the rules for the what he did. He might not have participated in the actual killing of someone but he was involved in these guys committing a felony crime that ended up with the murder. He's just as responsible for promoting the felony crime, which resulted in a murder.

Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    I thought mentally retarded people were supposed to get off easy?

Seriously, how $#@!ing STUPID do you have to be? "Yeah, go ahead, use my car. What's the worst that can happen?"

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    No remorse for him.

Dude had it coming the moment he gave away his car. Who is stupid enough?

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    They made an example out of this guy no question

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    They made an example out of this guy no question

It's something that has been done for a long time. It's not making an example out of anyone. It's following the laws regarding his actions.

Elite Member

If you are going to rob someone then you surely must be aware of the possibility that someone will die during the crime. If you are so stupid as to think you could rob someplace without resistance and that nobody has any chance of being hurt then you belong in prison for life because you're clearly a threat to the general public. Such stupidity should not be allowed to roam public streets.

As for the punishment fitting the crime, an accessory to a crime is just as guilty as the person who committed the crime, and this murder would not have happened at all without this man's help. He's fortunate he only got life in prison, he deserved to face the death penalty.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Centurion View Post
    The point of locking him up for life is to prevent him from putting someone elses life in danger. Do you think a slap on the wrist would be enough to convince this guy not to help people commit crimes in the future?

He knowingly and very willingly participated in a crime that resulted in murder. He's directly responsible even if he didn't pull the trigger himself. The point of locking him up is to protect the rest of society from him and any future crimes he may take part in or contribute to if he's released.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post
    As for the punishment fitting the crime, an accessory to a crime is just as guilty as the person who committed the crime, and this murder would not have happened at all without this man's help.
    I don't believe an accessory is just as guilty as the main perpetrator. And do you really think the robbers would have just said "$#@! it" and gave up their plans of robbing a safe if they couldn't get his car? They would've gotten to their destination any way they could. The poor guy even said he was drunk when they asked him for his car and that he thought they were kidding.
    Thanks to Kwesnoth for the sig!

TheCinemaJack Movie Reviews!

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post
    The point of locking him up for life is to prevent him from putting someone elses life in danger. Do you think a slap on the wrist would be enough to convince this guy not to help people commit crimes in the future?

He knowingly and very willingly participated in a crime that resulted in murder. He's directly responsible even if he didn't pull the trigger himself. The point of locking him up is to protect the rest of society from him and any future crimes he may take part in or contribute to if he's released.

that's right, in fact he does deserve that jail time. for all those that are against how he was convicted, lets remember this name "Charles Manson". remember now, he didn't directly kill people with his hands, he had others do it and he's been in jail for a long time now and he wont ever get out.

So, do you guys think Charles Mansion should have been put to jail? if you think he should be in jail, then you can't say this kid should be let go.
    PSN ID: Intense_Peanut

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    He was proven guilty apparently there are more details to this case. Do I think he should do life no a couple years yes especially if he was proven to be intoxicate when giving permission to the robbers to the car. He couldve simply lied and said I just let him borrow the car I had no knowledge of his intentions. Also his lawyer is a piece of $#@! he basically didn't do $#@! if his client got this sentence.

He has to sit in jail for the rest of his life taking a $#@! in the same cell as someone else and looking a $#@! all day. Yes he's a $#@!ing moron no doubt but life and no $#@! for the rest of ur life I can't agree with that wouldn't wish that on anyone!

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Thread Information