Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    No US codes?
    I posted like 300 but I assume they are all used up now

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    I posted like 300 but I assume they are all used up now
    Dang, I never saw that thread.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by holly View Post
    True that! Life definitely takes over lol. Ooh yes please I'm in the EU so hopefully it will work. Please can you pm it to me?
    PM'ing it now

its good to see some of the old legends back
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Forum Guru
    Thank you Fijan and Ghost for helping me out in getting onto the beta.

So is this beta going to last until the game officially comes out or have they announced a cut off date?
    Also, what does everyone think of the game so far?

PSU Ghost Syndicate Corporation | Merc: Dorada Aquila | DUST PSN: smurf1191
    My first PSU article!

overstepping the mark
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Items User name style

So is this beta going to last until the game officially comes out or have they announced a cut off date?
    I thought it was $#@! to be honest, just couldn't get into it at all.

Nice to see you again holly

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce

as far as i know there will be no end to the beta and it will seamlessly transition into open, and then final builds
    there's plenty of time to get to grips with what's in here. PM ghost for a list of all the skills, its RPG elements run deep and his database is a fantastic resource

personally, its as you'd expect a beta to be. bugs here and there, and the performance isn't quite up to snuff.
    all that aside it is a tremendously fantastic game! what you can do with your merc is quite astounding. even more-so when the games systems get used to their fullest.
    ground level tactics are a necessity. running and gunning gets you dead quickly
    there is a lot of information to absorb to get the most out of Dust.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    and so much stuff still says "Soon". It'll be awesome once it released and people get there hands on it

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot

Like Mr T0PGUN, I didn't like it much at first. It was too complicated and didn't seem to offer the immediate reward and gameplay that I had with BF3. Then I started covering DUST 514 as part of the PSU writing team and during this time I watched all the video interviews I could find, and the keynotes from the EVE fanfest this year, and read articles.

After this,I was dumbfounded how $#@!ing epic the potential of this game is. I was also allured by the bat$#@! crazy ambition and innovation that surrounds the game. One of the main points that drew me in was the idea of a persistent soldier. I was never a military FPS kind of guy, BF3 was my first foray into the genre. I leveled up my support dude quite nicely. When BF4 drops though, I can kiss good bye to all that time and effort. Same with all CoDs, the new iteration comes out and you're back to square 1.

DUST isn't like that. In 5 years time when other gamers have leveled up another couple of soldiers across a few BF and CoD titles, I will have one soldier who is now more proficient in multiple battlefield arts. I love that personally. In years to come I want to see my efforts accumulated into one badass, in one game, not several lesser badasses across several games.

Then there is the customisation. DUST lets me create exactly the kind of soldier I want. There are 100 skills available to train in the beta,and there will be more at release. No other FPS game lets you customise your merc and your vehicles like DUST does. That's the other major draw factor, customisation and control.

Finally, the game is free and will get about 2 free expansions a year. Some of the things that have been hinted at in future expansions rock!

Basically, there is nothing else like DUST bar PS2, but DUST is way deeper as it's set inside the EVE MMO. No other FPS co-exists with a PC game, and this is going to open up amazing possibilities in the future.

The beta is still rough as $#@!, and really, the game is very niche and not for everyone. However, the game is only going to get bigger and better, and will make its way over to PS4 when it launches.

Edit: As Mr Fijian mentioned, I have a list of all current 100 skills and what they enable/stat boost. On the same document is a list of skills that are core and should be trained regardless of the direction you'll choose. It takes the immediate need for direction away as you can work on stats that will always benefit you rather than skills you need in certain situations. PM me an email address and I will send it.
    Last edited by Ghost; 12-18-2012 at 18:04.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    By the way, DUST 514 supports custom soundtracks if you'd like to listen to the sounds on your PS3 while you game. Just in case you didn't know.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    By the way, DUST 514 supports custom soundtracks if you'd like to listen to the sounds on your PS3 while you game. Just in case you didn't know.
    wow....didn't know that

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    wow....didn't know that
    Ja, just one of the many cool features CCP have added, along with Move and keyboard/mouse support, a free upcoming Vita Neocom app. So awesome for a free to play game.

Offtopic, but that list of skills that turned into a skills guide just keeps growing in scope. By the end of Dec I should have it finished. There will be far fewer mysteries left for gamers if I can fulfill this vision.
    Last edited by Ghost; 12-18-2012 at 19:45.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    HOLY $#@!! 2628 MB update :O New build? :O lol It's titles Version 4.00.

WOW! Chromosome build! DL already! ><
    Last edited by Ghost; 12-18-2012 at 20:10.

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by T0PGUN View Post
    I thought it was $#@! to be honest, just couldn't get into it at all.

Nice to see you again holly
    Nice to see you too

Did you really think it was that bad or just not a game for you? It's certainly quite different to anything I've played. Well, apart from Eve but that's the point of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    as far as i know there will be no end to the beta and it will seamlessly transition into open, and then final builds
    there's plenty of time to get to grips with what's in here. PM ghost for a list of all the skills, its RPG elements run deep and his database is a fantastic resource

personally, its as you'd expect a beta to be. bugs here and there, and the performance isn't quite up to snuff.
    all that aside it is a tremendously fantastic game! what you can do with your merc is quite astounding. even more-so when the games systems get used to their fullest.
    ground level tactics are a necessity. running and gunning gets you dead quickly
    there is a lot of information to absorb to get the most out of Dust.
    Ah cool. So why is it free?

Yeah I went straight for the running and gunning, so frustrating! You definitely can't just do that lol.
    I think it's quite a good game, impressed with it so far. But I'm worried about how much info there is to absorb, it might make it tedious/hard to get into/deter people.

Still is very much a beta and I keep getting spawned right in front of the enemy, hope they fix that because it's ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Like Mr T0PGUN, I didn't like it much at first. It was too complicated and didn't seem to offer the immediate reward and gameplay that I had with BF3. Then I started covering DUST 514 as part of the PSU writing team and during this time I watched all the video interviews I could find, and the keynotes from the EVE fanfest this year, and read articles.

After this,I was dumbfounded how $#@!ing epic the potential of this game is. I was also allured by the bat$#@! crazy ambition and innovation that surrounds the game. One of the main points that drew me in was the idea of a persistent soldier. I was never a military FPS kind of guy, BF3 was my first foray into the genre. I leveled up my support dude quite nicely. When BF4 drops though, I can kiss good bye to all that time and effort. Same with all CoDs, the new iteration comes out and you're back to square 1.

DUST isn't like that. In 5 years time when other gamers have leveled up another couple of soldiers across a few BF and CoD titles, I will have one soldier who is now more proficient in multiple battlefield arts. I love that personally. In years to come I want to see my efforts accumulated into one badass, in one game, not several lesser badasses across several games.

Then there is the customisation. DUST lets me create exactly the kind of soldier I want. There are 100 skills available to train in the beta,and there will be more at release. No other FPS game lets you customise your merc and your vehicles like DUST does. That's the other major draw factor, customisation and control.

Finally, the game is free and will get about 2 free expansions a year. Some of the things that have been hinted at in future expansions rock!

Basically, there is nothing else like DUST bar PS2, but DUST is way deeper as it's set inside the EVE MMO. No other FPS co-exists with a PC game, and this is going to open up amazing possibilities in the future.

The beta is still rough as $#@!, and really, the game is very niche and not for everyone. However, the game is only going to get bigger and better, and will make its way over to PS4 when it launches.

Edit: As Mr Fijian mentioned, I have a list of all current 100 skills and what they enable/stat boost. On the same document is a list of skills that are core and should be trained regardless of the direction you'll choose. It takes the immediate need for direction away as you can work on stats that will always benefit you rather than skills you need in certain situations. PM me an email address and I will send it.
    Yeah they are definitely all good features of the game, it's certainly got potential. After you read more into it, how easy was it to start to understand it all? I really like the game but I dunno if I will just play and not bother learning how to really play it, which would be a shame. I played a bit of Eve and didn't really get it and stopped but I think this will be different. I just hope I do get to a point where I understand it.

That's awesome, how long did that take you? Will PM you now, would be very useful to have

My first PSU article!

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Ah cool. So why is it free?

Yeah I went straight for the running and gunning, so frustrating! You definitely can't just do that lol.
    I think it's quite a good game, impressed with it so far. But I'm worried about how much info there is to absorb, it might make it tedious/hard to get into/deter people.

Still is very much a beta and I keep getting spawned right in front of the enemy, hope they fix that because it's ridiculous.
    its a business model. as ghost has said, they intend Dust to last this generation and next
    there will be no end to dust, it will just grow and grow and so will the mercs your create.

however, you can pay for things but as its a beta im reluctant to put down money to test these systems out
    plus, December isn't really a good month for me and my wallet

yeah, itachi was complaining in the corporation thread about enemies camping the MCC drop location. a new build has been released, hopefully some of these issues are resolved

which reminds me, sign up to PSU corps, the greatest corporation in the Dust Universe!
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Forum Guru
    its a business model. as ghost has said, they intend Dust to last this generation and next
    there will be no end to dust, it will just grow and grow and so will the mercs your create.

however, you can pay for things but as its a beta im reluctant to put down money to test these systems out
    plus, December isn't really a good month for me and my wallet

yeah, itachi was complaining in the corporation thread about enemies camping the MCC drop location. a new build has been released, hopefully some of these issues are resolved

which reminds me, sign up to PSU corps, the greatest corporation in the Dust Universe!
    Well it will be interesting to see how far we go with it!

Lol yeah I dunno if I would end up putting money on it...

I'm not sure how Corporations work lol but I will check it out.

My first PSU article!

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Well it will be interesting to see how far we go with it!

Lol yeah I dunno if I would end up putting money on it...

I'm not sure how Corporations work lol but I will check it out.
    At first I was like "Ha! I wont ever spend a CENT on this game!" but now I think I will probably buy some of the cosmetic items and side-grade weapons, especially the dropsuits. Just things that you buy once off.

As far as corporations, in your Neocom menu go to corporations > search corporation and search 'P S U' and you should find us. Our small group of inglorious basterds is slowly growing.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Doing a lil cosmetic work to the OP...I'll be keeping this place up to date

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    rumoured specs for next gen systems seem good for Dust

i figured i'd post this here. 8 cores @ 1.6GHZ is quite good for an MMO, 3.5GB RAM is a little on the low side. maybe itachi can help us understand how the specs look for dust going forward?

im of the type who would think more RAM is better than fast ram for an MMO, would i be right?
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    When it comes to PC power and performance, I can only contribute the following...

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    rumoured specs for next gen systems seem good for Dust

i figured i'd post this here. 8 cores @ 1.6GHZ is quite good for an MMO, 3.5GB RAM is a little on the low side. maybe itachi can help us understand how the specs look for dust going forward?

im of the type who would think more RAM is better than fast ram for an MMO, would i be right?
    Its funny how everyone on PSU just assumes I'm a technical expert when in fact I'm just an idiot 19 year old who reads far too much computer stuff that I don't even understand

Anyway, yeah generally I think MMOs will benefit from large pools of RAM as you can load a larger game world without going through load screens etc. Again, not an expert but I think that the textures and geometry of the scenes only contribute half of the memory used, so its not like you use all memory just for the game world to begin with. Post processing effects and shaders take a significant portion and maybe bandwidth will help to perform those functions faster. Who knows

21. Likes Fijiandoce likes this post
    Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    you know more than me my man
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Thread Information