Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Supreme Veteran

Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

GreenPeace people are ****ing Hippocrates

Greenpeace activists scaled a Gazprom oil platform in the Arctic on Friday. Suspended by cables, they were protesting Russian oil drilling in the region. The stunt saw them tentatively dangling from the sides of the rig for hours.

In the early hours of Friday morning, workers on the “Prirazlomnaya” oil-drilling platform in the Pechora Sea awoke to quite a surprise outside their windows. Six activists from Greenpeace at ambushed the rig 4am Moscow time (00:00 GMT) with motor boats and mountain climbing gear, and proceeded to suspend themselves above the platform.

“Today representatives of Greenpeace violated the 500-meter navigational safety zone around the sea platform ‘Prirazlomnaya’, and with the aid of mountain climbing gear, ‘hung’ themselves overboard. They were offered to come aboard the platform in order to engage in a constructive dialogue. However, they refused, saying they ‘will hang on the platform’. All work on the platform is continuing according to plan” Gazprom, operator of the platform, said in a statement.

The six activists come from Canada, Finland, Germany, and the US, and include the director of Greenpeace international, Kumi Naidoo.

The activists were protesting Russia’s drilling of the arctic shelf. Naidoo told the Associated Press in a phone interview from over the side of the rig that "We're here peacefully and we will continue to draw the attention of Russian people and people around the world to what's happening there. It's bad for Russia, it's bad for the planet." Greenpeace has repeatedly protested oil drilling around the world, but this marks the first time they have actually gone “overboard” about it. Naidoo and his fellow cable-swingers have managed to hang a banner on the side of the rig that reads "Don't kill the Arctic."

The Russian Arctic drilling program is unique both due to its remote location and the difficulties it faces. The platform is a one-of-a-kind vessel specially built to drill in the Arctic. Russian environmental activists have warned that a potential oil spill in the Arctic would pose never- before-seen challenges due to the ice and weather, creating a potential major disaster.

The platform opened last year, and is preparing to drill its first well.

Greenpeace Russia said the climbers had enough supplies to hang there for several days. However, the supplies may not be necessary. Naidoo told the AP that the platform workers "have been very friendly, engaging in conversations with us, asking where we come from and offering us soup."

The action came to an end after 15 hours of deadlock. The activists accused platform workers of hosing them with water icy water whilst suspended. They also saw two Russian Coast Guard helicopters, which, reports say, had been dispatched to detain the activists.

“We have retreated, but we are not giving in,” reads their statement at Greenpeace’s website.

Greenpeace plans to lobby the UN to declare the Arctic a global sanctuary, in order to prevent oil drilling in the area. But Piers Corbyn, the director of WeatherAction.com, says this is not an achievable goal for the environmental group.

“They have no chance to succeed because the world needs oil. Oil could be taken from almost anywhere as long as there are proper safeguards against pollution. With modern technology, all that is possible. They ought to be lobbying for proper safeguards,” Piers told RT. “But they won’t do that because they don’t believe in a world expanding economy. They want to compress the world’s economy and hold back the production of carbon dioxide.”
    http://rt.com/news/oil-rig-continues-activists-480/

They are a ****ing joke. They use the same thing they want to stop and get the same thing they do not want. Were the **** do Greenpeace stand. They use and destroy the planet to safe it. WHY the **** do they, if they are destroying it at the same time
    Last edited by claud3; 08-25-2012 at 03:21.

Apprentice
    Items VitaPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    http://rt.com/news/oil-rig-continues-activists-480/

They are a ****ing joke. They use the same thing they want to stop and get the same thing they do not want. Were the **** do Greenpeace stand. They use and destroy the planet to safe it. WHY the **** do they, if they are destroying it at the same time
    I'm about to stick a bar of soap in that mouth.

3. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Hypocrisy and irony all rolled into one.

This is a local shop for local people you have no business here!

Dedicated Member
    How are they being hypocritical here?

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Centurion View Post
    How are they being hypocritical here?
    They aren't.

Elite Guru
    You read it wrong, they're being hippocrates.

8. Likes TRF, Wrath , Shibby likes this post
    Supreme Veteran

Look greenpeace wants to save the planet and prevent oil drilling in the ocean or anywhere in the world and yet they use boats with petrol in them and cars to get their points across. And they use everyday things that slowly destroys the world around them. How can they be for save the planet, when they are destroying it to. How can they be for this and yet do the same thing we all do

They do not know what they are actually fighting against. Plus all those that want to save the planet. And yeat they are all slowly destroying it bit by bit
    Last edited by claud3; 08-25-2012 at 11:39.

Dedicated Member
    To be fair, the Russian Oil Industry started this all by being Pythagoras.

Supreme Veteran

How, they are providing the stuff that greenpeace use to get to the oil rig and stop them from digging for oil. Look the oil on this planet is ment to be used by us. Its how we get it is the problem that us all. If it takes destroying a bit of a place so be it. But the new ways is no different, they will always cause damage to this planet. New solutions are needed, but they also will damage the planet in some way. So its a no win situation

Dedicated Member
    I'm assuming English is not your first language. Also, I'm unsure where this "the oil on this planet is meant to be used by us" idea comes from, who ever told you that?

13. Likes Sufi likes this post
    Supreme Veteran

Then what else is it for, catching chickens and making them dance the super dance

Just like water, oils has always been used by man and will always be used until it runs out

And my english sucks big time and we all have went through this before. I am going to sort that out mate. So please do not bust my balls over

Dedicated Member
    I can't recall anyone sitting me down to let me know that I am entitled to rape, pillage and devastate this planet. Instead, I recall being told to respect this biosphere as we share it with many others.

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Look greenpeace wants to save the planet and prevent oil drilling in the ocean or anywhere in the world and yet they use boats with petrol in them and cars to get their points across. And they use everyday things that slowly destroys the world around them. How can they be for save the planet, when they are destroying it to. How can they be for this and yet do the same thing we all do

They do not know what they are actually fighting against. Plus all those that want to save the planet. And yeat they are all slowly destroying it bit by bit
    How, they are providing the stuff that greenpeace use to get to the oil rig and stop them from digging for oil. Look the oil on this planet is ment to be used by us. Its how we get it is the problem that us all. If it takes destroying a bit of a place so be it. But the new ways is no different, they will always cause damage to this planet. New solutions are needed, but they also will damage the planet in some way. So its a no win situation
    You probably need to learn more about what's going on, what this was about, etc., etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by vegan_mekey View Post
    I'm assuming English is not your first language. Also, I'm unsure where this "the oil on this planet is meant to be used by us" idea comes from, who ever told you that?
    +rep

Extreme Poster
    Then what else is it for, catching chickens and making them dance the super dance

Just like water, oils has always been used by man and will always be used until it runs out

And my english sucks big time and we all have went through this before. I am going to sort that out mate. So please do not bust my balls over
    I would disagree with that. Water, we're not likely to run out of, unless it's naturally going to happen.

We shouldn't be using up resources that are around us...we can 100% recycle wood...we can be self-sufficient (not sure 100% but I'm sure it's possible) with fuel.

All in all, we should be more respectful to our planet.

young rich and tasteless
    Items ChelseaPS3 Fat
    They must be pretty big crates if you can get a whole hippo in them

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    "Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life"

Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post
    If this makes time travel possible I'll go forward in time voluntarily to get my hands on CoD34 and Final Fantasy Versus XIII. They come out in the same year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawkk View Post
    I dont think i could take a ****, 1. im not gay and 2 one time i stuck my finger in my butt to see how it felt and i wasn't very pleased with the experience

Supreme Veteran

In 20. Years water will be traded on the stock market.

Extreme Poster
    In 20. Years water will be traded on the stock market.
    ?

Dedicated Member

The article said they used motor boats. How do we know they were not ethanol powered, or electric?

Your logic is, if someone opposes a system, and they use any part of that system to try to change/remove that system, they are being hypocritical. This is not hypocrisy.

It's like if someone really hates their job, but they continue working there while looking for another job, that does not make them a hypocrite.

A hypocrite is someone who pretends to have virtues which they do not actually possess. In otherwords, someone who pretends to be what they are not.

Everyone (even Greenpeace) knows that we still not stop using oil over night. But we can try to be progressive about it.

This one made me laugh. Man has been using oil for a long time yes but it wasn't until very recently (relatively speaking) that we started using it as a source of fuel for combustion engines, and plastics. Oil is not like water. Humans do not need oil to sustain themselves. On the other hand, humans will die without water.

23. Likes F34R likes this post
    young rich and tasteless
    Items ChelseaPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by Centurion View Post

This one made me laugh. Man has been using oil for a long time yes but it wasn't until very recently (relatively speaking) that we started using it as a source of fuel for combustion engines, and plastics. Oil is not like water. Humans do not need oil to sustain themselves. On the other hand, humans will die without water.
    Plus water is fairly abundant

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    "Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life"

Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post
    If this makes time travel possible I'll go forward in time voluntarily to get my hands on CoD34 and Final Fantasy Versus XIII. They come out in the same year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawkk View Post
    I dont think i could take a ****, 1. im not gay and 2 one time i stuck my finger in my butt to see how it felt and i wasn't very pleased with the experience

PS Unchained
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    I would say the main issue is they were ****ing about with an oil rig that could cause a natural diaster, and if it did they would blame the company and staff when clearly it would of been there own damn fault

Thank you itachi

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    This wasn't even about "not using oil" anymore. Those in disgust of what GP did, need to look into what they why they were actually doing what they did.

Power Member
    Green peace boats use wind power alot of the time.

Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    Can we please stop ****ing around and be serious here? As someone already pointed out, there are crates full of hippos whose lives are in danger!

Power Member
    if hippocrates are crates full of hippos what is socrates full of?

Thread Information