Page 3 of 954 FirstFirst ... 313 ... LastLast
    Apprentice

ebay

i plan on getting 2 or 3 ps3s at launch and keeping 1 and selling the rest on ebay. How much do you think i could make?The only reason im doing this is so i can get a wii.Yes i do feel a little about it.

Power Member
    Being the PS3 plays PS2 games, does this mean also online? What I mean is, if I have a PS2 game in my PS3, am I still able to play online against other PS2 players even though the game is running on my PS2?

Elite Member
    i plan on getting 2 or 3 ps3s at launch and keeping 1 and selling the rest on ebay. How much do you think i could make?The only reason im doing this is so i can get a wii.Yes i do feel a little about it.
    Dont do that. Dont be so selfish. People have been waiting for years to get one, and you rob their right because you want to make money. There is going to be a shortage to start with, but if people buy multiple PS3's and sell them on eBay, nobody will be able to afford one, theremore the PS3 will have the worst launch in history!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Supreme Veteran
    Welcome back PBS!!
    Onward to buisiness:
    1. From what I have read that PS3 games have been made using nVidia 7800 GTX card while the RSX has actually been using G70, so does that mean that the former has been used for launch titles and the later to used for the 2nd wave of PStres games?
    2. Also, if the dev's have been using the SDK unit v0.93, what do you think is the hold up for the final dev? And if so will there be minor/major tweaks to it?

It's about time you returned, I need answers mang.

Super Elite
    2. Can u save game data on the hard drive like xbox 1 did?

"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."
    "It's a dangerous business going out your front door."
    "Not all those that wander are lost."
    "Courage is found in unlikely places."
    "All that we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

J. R. R. Tolkien (1892 - 1973)

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Deldwen View Post
    Yep, You can do it for the psx and ps2 as well.
    Member # 11 of the balanced gamers group

Elite Sage
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Game View Post
    Being the PS3 plays PS2 games, does this mean also online? What I mean is, if I have a PS2 game in my PS3, am I still able to play online against other PS2 players even though the game is running on my PS2?
    Truthfully, no one knows, but I wouldn't be surprised if the PS2 network infrastructure is untouched--a.k.a. you can still play on it with your PS2 and PS3 (the PS3 simply has to connect to the game server instead of the "PS Hub").
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncool
    1. From what I have read that PS3 games have been made using nVidia 7800 GTX card while the RSX has actually been using G70, so does that mean that the former has been used for launch titles and the later to used for the 2nd wave of PStres games?
    2. Also, if the dev's have been using the SDK unit v0.93, what do you think is the hold up for the final dev? And if so will there be minor/major tweaks to it?
    1) RSX will probably be a G71. Basically, the devs are working under a "simulated" environment, and there's really no saying when devs are going to start tapping into the "true" potential of the RSX.
    2) The SDK .93 are missing a few things, so the final dev kits will definitely be "different", but nothing major will be touched.
    I am a moron. Do not argue with me because I will drag you down to my level and win with experience .

My Imba 'net speed (no joke):

Supreme Veteran
    Geez, Sony holds back on everything don't they?

Elite Sage
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncool View Post
    Geez, Sony holds back on everything don't they?
    If you meant NDA's, then every other company worth their salt has it.
    I am a moron. Do not argue with me because I will drag you down to my level and win with experience .

My Imba 'net speed (no joke):

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GrIm-ReaPer View Post
    Dont do that. Dont be so selfish. People have been waiting for years to get one, and you rob their right because you want to make money. There is going to be a shortage to start with, but if people buy multiple PS3's and sell them on eBay, nobody will be able to afford one, theremore the PS3 will have the worst launch in history!
    I dont see how that will make the launch worse. The systems are still going to sell out regardless of how many end up on ebay or not. Is it right to take another PS3 away from a gamer who as been wanting one for months/yrs just to put it on ebay? Maybe not so but no one ever said that everything in life is fair. Its going to be first come first serve and survival of the fittest. The hard core reality of it is its an easy way to double or tripple your money and thats why alot of people are looking to do it.

Super Elite
    is bioshock still coming to ps3 i heard it was exclusive to xbots and windows?

Power Member
    Its for those two systems now. But it never has been denied for the PS3, so my guess its like Oblivion. It will come out later with added stuff etc.

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Haugenbaugh View Post
    when do you think gamestop will start taking preorders
    they probably will never start taking preorders, especially when PS3 are so scarce nowadays. Prepare to fight for one in November.

Quote Originally Posted by wonders1982 View Post
    I've never heard of westinghouse so i'd go for the sharp but thats just me.

when do you think the ps3 will start being manufactured in the 65nm process?
    March 2007

1. when u update ur HDD to say from a 60 to a 300gb will memory from 60gb be gone?

2. will the HDD be built in saving games type of memory?

3. how much memory will the memory cards have

4. whats flash memory
    1.Yes, because they are stored on your 60GB HDD. so simply transfer the data onto your new HDD.

2. Yes

3.SD cards usually range from 256 MB to 8 GBs, the most common right now is around 1GB, so you are good storage wise (Sony mem cards are pretty much the same, but they cost about double the price of SD cards)

60gb is too much storage dont you think. I've had a ps2 for 3 years and i havent even filled up 24mb. in my opionion 60gb is just a waste of money. i know they have a 20gb model, but it doesnt have memory card reader or wifi.
    PS2's HDD weren't used to Download storage intensive content like music and HD movies, the PS3, however, will. And with a decent internet, 60GB probably won't be enough to last a true technoholic for 3 years.

You'll probably get about twice to thrice the price for selling it on Ebay.

What's that? You asked: should you do it? Well.... since you were so persistent... NO! (You probably won't be lucky enough to even get 1 PS3 anyways)

Quote Originally Posted by The Game View Post
    yes

Welcome back PBS!!
    Onward to buisiness:

It's about time you returned, I need answers mang.
    Thanks
    1. No one knows what the RSX is, the whole thing is up to huge rumors and speculations and I honestly can't give you official data.

2. Production PS3s has a huge shortage, and to develop more powerful dev units on the side must be a huge strain on Sony's factories. IN other words, I have no idea, lol, sorry.

Yes

There was a rumor about it. And since it isn't an Xbox exclusive, I don't see why not go the way of Oblivion.

-Shenyu
    "and I mean If he doesn't like you after he sees this, then you're just gonna have to go back home and put some more make up on."

Supreme Veteran
    From what I've been hearing from the 360 camp is that Sonic for the PStres is not looking to good. The demo showed lag among other things and is presumed to be not as fast as the trailer/gameplay we have been led to believe. Will this pose a problem for the PS3 version?
    [I am] Claudia Donovan, Warehouse 13: next generation.

Apprentice

two Q's

1.will i be able to download stuff like itunes on my ps3
    2.Why did Japan get a price drop and the U.S didnt.

Elite Member
    1.will i be able to download stuff like itunes on my ps3
    2.Why did Japan get a price drop and the U.S didnt.

1. I would say possibly some sort of downloading software, but haven't heard any specifics of what the OS will be capable of.

2.a No official explanation that I'm aware of but here is my best guess. In America the ps3's biggest competition in the Xbox 360, in Japan it is the Wii. There is not nearly as substantial a price difference between the ps3 and 360 as there is between the ps3 and Wii...so maybe they wanted to narrow the price gap for ps3<>Wii for that region.

2.b I read a rumor that they may end up dropping the price in America too and that announcing it only in Japan was some of Sony's trickery.....but I wouldn't trust this rumor.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncool
    From what I've been hearing from the 360 camp is that Sonic for the PStres is not looking to good. The demo showed lag among other things and is presumed to be not as fast as the trailer/gameplay we have been led to believe. Will this pose a problem for the PS3 version?
    First off. Like you said, it's from a 360 camp, so therefore it will be bias against anything for the ps3. But if the demo actually shows lag then of course it could possibly pose a problem in the future; But then again it could also just not have the kinks taken out of it yet.

If anyone has better info than me, by all means correct me.

Sorry that none of my answers seem to be definite answers, but I think they are decent for what info you could get.

ive played the sonice demo on 360.. and i did not experience any framerate problems...

Also id just like to say people are giving the tgs sonic demo a lot of crap... I think it's quite fun, the only problem is the camera and im sure it will be fixed.

My TV has a 1024x768 resolution. How will it display 720p content? Is there any problem to display it? Will the quality get improved or not?

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by carlos_spain View Post
    My TV has a 1024x768 resolution. How will it display 720p content? Is there any problem to display it? Will the quality get improved or not?
    I think 768 is a European resolution (it's here in Canada as well), but when playing 720P, the video will most likely be slightly upscaled, you won't see much of a difference from standard 720P.
    "and I mean If he doesn't like you after he sees this, then you're just gonna have to go back home and put some more make up on."

Superior Member
    great jop , the topic was refreshhhed .
    I have seen it prevuisly that this the topic have reached a lot of numbers of pages
    so I have a question ** hah .

when will we stop following of Games consoles like Ps3 or Ps4 ? didn't these games attain the top .
    he was obliged to depart. He put his burial clothes in his wallet; but when he came to bid his wife and children adieu, their grief surpassed description. They could not reconcile their minds to the separation, but resolved to go and die with him. When,however, (what will happen to thee?)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Tyrade
    possible to cross platform games like call of duty 3?? Like im on sony online and i can play with people on 360?

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by ReD-SKy View Post
    great jop , the topic was refreshhhed .
    I have seen it prevuisly that this the topic have reached a lot of numbers of pages
    so I have a question ** hah .

when will we stop following of Games consoles like Ps3 or Ps4 ? didn't these games attain the top .
    I don't think people will ever stop worshipping consoles in these situations since brand loyalty is a big thing nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrade View Post
    possible to cross platform games like call of duty 3?? Like im on sony online and i can play with people on 360?
    It is possible if the coding are similar, but I don't think Soy and Microsoft will do it though.

Super Elite
    how much is 60gb really... will it go away fast from saves and downloading videos? how would you tranfur 60gbs of data to say 300gbs?

Supreme Veteran
    Can you tell me a generalized overview of the pros/cons of both Linux and Windows? Lately I've been hearing flack from Linux for very stupid reasons. I maybe be a PC (therefore Windows) user but fromm what I have read, it seems that Linux is less buggy, has strong security protocols, and is well recieved from those that do use it. I just want your take on the matter.
    [I am] Claudia Donovan, Warehouse 13: next generation.

20GB For The UK?

Have Sony confirmed that the UK are getting the 20GB one yet?

Because tonight I was thinking of getting one, the 20GB one would probably be cheap enough to seal the deal.

Thread Information