Page 937 of 954 FirstFirst ... 927937947 ... LastLast
Results 23,401 to 23,425 of 23839

Hello guys I have a problem that I'm hoping you could give me a solution to.

I can't connect my PS3 to my wireless network. In the 'Network Settings' it asks for a setting method and I choose Easy->Wireless -> Enter Manually. I enter my SSID and then I choose 'None' for the WLAN security settings (my router isn't password protected). After that I get "Checking network configuration please wait". And then I get this message "A connection to the access point could not be established. Check the security settings for the wireless LAN".

I tried scanning as well, it scans the SSID. My wireless network shows up along with the security which has None written underneath and the Signal strength 83%. When I proceed to the next step which is connecting to the network I get this same message "a connection to the access...."

Please I'm desperate for a solution I haven't gone online on my PS3 for months because of this. Oh and there's nothing wrong with the router, the network works on my computer.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by LadyA; 04-22-2011 at 17:58.

I am having a strange problem with my PS3. When I insert a DVD Movie, I can hear the background sound but none of the actor's voices. I currently connect via HDMI to a switch that splits the video to my basement projector via HDMI and the audio to the audio receiver via optical cable.

What may be wrong and how can I fix it?

Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrion View Post
    I am having a strange problem with my PS3. When I insert a DVD Movie, I can hear the background sound but none of the actor's voices. I currently connect via HDMI to a switch that splits the video to my basement projector via HDMI and the audio to the audio receiver via optical cable.

What may be wrong and how can I fix it?
    Have you messed around with your video / sound settings at all? Sometimes a little tampering in the settings can go a long way.
    Read my work on Medium, my blog, and connect with me on Twitter.

I set them up as "Automatic", and had almost all possible outputs "checked". The weird thing is that I can hear the background sounds. It is like that is the "base" for any language supported by the DVD title, but no voice are heard...

adam71
    New member here.

I have a "My Passport" external HD. I put a movie on it. Can I plug this into the USB input of my PS3 and access and play it through my PS3 ???? If so, how ??? Thanx.

adam71
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrion View Post
    I set them up as "Automatic", and had almost all possible outputs "checked". The weird thing is that I can hear the background sounds. It is like that is the "base" for any language supported by the DVD title, but no voice are heard...
    It's almost like you have NO center channel.

hello. I have a little problem with saving (after 6 weeks), came to console me after the warranty and at first I did it I started the installation after copying GT5 record is written with the save belongs to another user and will be replaced on some sort of advice?
    I'll add that before sending the console in for repair I did format and write to me after it normally operates. it may in some way related that PSN does not work?

LadyA,

I'm having the same issue.

I currently have a PS3, Wii, Iphone, and laptop on my Lynkis 54GL router. No problems. Bought a high end Sony Blu Ray last weekend for movies/netflix but, the netflix stuttered bad. Brought it back.

Yesterday I decided to buy a second PS3 for the blu ray & Netflix in our bedroom. (By the way, when the PS3 is steaming Netflix, its very good) Hooked it up and went through the setup and it will not get an IP address. I tried everything from WEP, WPA, WPA2 and even disabled it. Still wouldn't let me get on the wireless. If I hook it up to the ethernet port on the back of the wireless, it works flawless.

Spoke to Tech support at Sony 2 times today. First guy wasn't very helpful. Second guy went through more details but, still doesn't work. He mentioned at the end that the new PS3 may have to have a static IP address. He thought the router may know there is an existing PS3 and won't give the new device a IP. I have no idea how to set it up or what to do. Just to test his theory, I unplugged my first PS3 and router. Replugged the router and left the older PS3 offline and tried to set up the new one again. Still same old message. Failed. What do I have to do!!!! Should it work given the old PS3 is offline? I've spent 8-10 hours screwing with it this weekend. I'm ready though it on the cement.

Anyone have an idea?

Paul

Why PS3 does not (will not?) support .mkv containers, is this a legality issue or what is the reason for leaving out a popular media format in a home multimedia center? Will it EVER support it?

Same goes for some other popular and/or open formats, like ogg. Why are they not supported and will they ever BE supported?
    Last edited by renov; 05-03-2011 at 08:53.

Here's a quick update. Spoke to my IT guy at work and discussed my issues. The wireless section of the PS3 wasn't working properly. Brought it back for an exchange with a new one and within 2 minutes, the PS3 was up and running. Now I wish the PS Network was online so I can log in to my Netflix account!

Paul

Hey guys.

Got a PS3 CECHG01

No standby light.

When powered on, gives green light, then lights off, three beeps, shutdown.

No yellow, no red, happens all in about 5-10 seconds.

Press power again, one beep nothing happens,

If i press power again, it repeats the sequence above, then one beep, then sequence, etc.

No standby lights ever, red lights or yellow lights.

Removed HDD, and same thing.

???

Not any really clear info out there, turned up one forum that said ylod. But it seems people say that about anything.

HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!! Okay this is going to be a long explanation so bear with me please. I was playing my ps3 as normal when a window popped up talking about my hdmi cable and if i wanted to view the gaming in 1080 (which my tv is cable of and i have been viewing my games in this all along). It also simply said if you can read this click yes. I couldn in fact read it so i clicked yes. as soon as i clicked yes the audio went out in the menu and within the games i was playing. I went into the settings for the system and tried to troubleshoot the problem and after a few unsuccessful things i came upon the settings that asked how it was connected. (gave options for hdmi, or the red white and yellow cables and 2 other things i believe.) hmdi was selected so i tried selecting the other to see what would happen. it said if it was an incorrect setting the screen would go black but be reset after 30 seconds. I tried the other 3 and each went black then back to normal as it said it would. without re-choosing hdmi i got frustrated and turned the system off thinking i would fix it later. I came back to fix it and now when i turn it on the screen remains black and nothing shows up. I'm assuming I left it on the other settings for how it was hooked up possiby? if so how can i undo it? if that may not be the case then what might be? and if i can get it back to how it was how can i get the sound back? Please help with any of these questions if you can it would be a major help. thank you.

Hi there, this is my first post to these forums and its about external hard drives.

I know the ps3 can only support FAT32 file systems and I am currently using two 2TB Western Digital My Book Essentials (that are USB 2.0) to watch media files in my PS3 and they work great. Recently I bought two 3TB Western Digital My Book Essentials (that are USB 3.0) to replace my old hard drives because I am running out of space.

So Here is where my problem starts. Despite the information I have read that 3TB drives cannot be formatted to FAT32, I managed to format the entire drive in FAT32 using the program Acronis Disk Director 11 Home. I transferred part of my collection of media files (about 1.80TB) to the drive and my PC detects and plays the files just fine. My problem is when the drive is hooked up to the PS3, the PS3 detects the drive and the folders within the drive but shows none of the files. I should note that I know that you have to press triangle and click display all for the PS3 to show files on USB devices so that is not the issue.

So my two questions are as follows.

1. Is this the FAT32 problem in 3TB drives I have been reading about?
    2. Or is this a USB 3.0 issue meaning if I bought a 2TB (most are USB 3.0 now) will I have the same problem?

Note my PS3 is the 80 GB CHECHExx model and is fully up to date using version 3.60 .

Also if you are going to answer my question please do not suggest media streaming, I know about it and how to do it but I prefer my drives to be plugged directly into my PS3.

Thanks for reading my questions.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Say_Low
    My ps3 just recently ylod, and i really can not be bothered sending it to sony for repairs and paying $100+ for a 40gb ps3 (my warranty has finished a long time ago).
    Anyway, im from australia, and am looking to import a japanese ps3 from play-asia, and i was wondering, if im able to go online on the australian PS Store, and play on Australian servers, (all my games are from Australia), so i was wondering, is it a software thing, or a hardware thing, which determines what servers i go in?
    thanks in advance guys!

Veteran
    Items Dark Souls CoverMuseSteam
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyA View Post
    Hello guys I have a problem that I'm hoping you could give me a solution to.

I can't connect my PS3 to my wireless network. In the 'Network Settings' it asks for a setting method and I choose Easy->Wireless -> Enter Manually. I enter my SSID and then I choose 'None' for the WLAN security settings (my router isn't password protected). After that I get "Checking network configuration please wait". And then I get this message "A connection to the access point could not be established. Check the security settings for the wireless LAN".

I tried scanning as well, it scans the SSID. My wireless network shows up along with the security which has None written underneath and the Signal strength 83%. When I proceed to the next step which is connecting to the network I get this same message "a connection to the access...."

Please I'm desperate for a solution I haven't gone online on my PS3 for months because of this. Oh and there's nothing wrong with the router, the network works on my computer.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
    Have you tried enabling some sort of security? Maybe just try a simple WEP code just to see if maybe it has an issue with that? Not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by adam71 View Post
    New member here.

I have a "My Passport" external HD. I put a movie on it. Can I plug this into the USB input of my PS3 and access and play it through my PS3 ???? If so, how ??? Thanx.
    It depends on the format of the movie, but yes it is possible. Read this guide to figure out how. Specifically step 6.

Quote Originally Posted by dApo View Post
    hello. I have a little problem with saving (after 6 weeks), came to console me after the warranty and at first I did it I started the installation after copying GT5 record is written with the save belongs to another user and will be replaced on some sort of advice?
    I'll add that before sending the console in for repair I did format and write to me after it normally operates. it may in some way related that PSN does not work?
    Not completely sure what you are asking. Bit of a language barrier. But it sounds like you wiped your drive and now your GT5 save isn't working? GT5 save files are copy protected, so you might have an issue there. I think it only works on the PS3 you created the save on.

Quote Originally Posted by renov View Post
    Why PS3 does not (will not?) support .mkv containers, is this a legality issue or what is the reason for leaving out a popular media format in a home multimedia center? Will it EVER support it?

Same goes for some other popular and/or open formats, like ogg. Why are they not supported and will they ever BE supported?
    Check out this pages for some info on playing mkv files. Page 1 Page 2

Quote Originally Posted by timjohnson1717 View Post
    Hey guys.

Got a PS3 CECHG01

No standby light.

When powered on, gives green light, then lights off, three beeps, shutdown.

No yellow, no red, happens all in about 5-10 seconds.

Press power again, one beep nothing happens,

If i press power again, it repeats the sequence above, then one beep, then sequence, etc.

No standby lights ever, red lights or yellow lights.

Removed HDD, and same thing.

???

Not any really clear info out there, turned up one forum that said ylod. But it seems people say that about anything.
    Chances are its dead. YLOD isn't the only way a PS3 dies.

Quote Originally Posted by lmart20 View Post
    HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!! Okay this is going to be a long explanation so bear with me please. I was playing my ps3 as normal when a window popped up talking about my hdmi cable and if i wanted to view the gaming in 1080 (which my tv is cable of and i have been viewing my games in this all along). It also simply said if you can read this click yes. I couldn in fact read it so i clicked yes. as soon as i clicked yes the audio went out in the menu and within the games i was playing. I went into the settings for the system and tried to troubleshoot the problem and after a few unsuccessful things i came upon the settings that asked how it was connected. (gave options for hdmi, or the red white and yellow cables and 2 other things i believe.) hmdi was selected so i tried selecting the other to see what would happen. it said if it was an incorrect setting the screen would go black but be reset after 30 seconds. I tried the other 3 and each went black then back to normal as it said it would. without re-choosing hdmi i got frustrated and turned the system off thinking i would fix it later. I came back to fix it and now when i turn it on the screen remains black and nothing shows up. I'm assuming I left it on the other settings for how it was hooked up possiby? if so how can i undo it? if that may not be the case then what might be? and if i can get it back to how it was how can i get the sound back? Please help with any of these questions if you can it would be a major help. thank you.
    Flip the power switch off. Flip switch back on. Hold down the power button (front) for 5 seconds or so until you hear a second beep. This resets settings back to default.

Quote Originally Posted by ratzmoose View Post
    Hi there, this is my first post to these forums and its about external hard drives.

I know the ps3 can only support FAT32 file systems and I am currently using two 2TB Western Digital My Book Essentials (that are USB 2.0) to watch media files in my PS3 and they work great. Recently I bought two 3TB Western Digital My Book Essentials (that are USB 3.0) to replace my old hard drives because I am running out of space.

So Here is where my problem starts. Despite the information I have read that 3TB drives cannot be formatted to FAT32, I managed to format the entire drive in FAT32 using the program Acronis Disk Director 11 Home. I transferred part of my collection of media files (about 1.80TB) to the drive and my PC detects and plays the files just fine. My problem is when the drive is hooked up to the PS3, the PS3 detects the drive and the folders within the drive but shows none of the files. I should note that I know that you have to press triangle and click display all for the PS3 to show files on USB devices so that is not the issue.

So my two questions are as follows.

1. Is this the FAT32 problem in 3TB drives I have been reading about?
    2. Or is this a USB 3.0 issue meaning if I bought a 2TB (most are USB 3.0 now) will I have the same problem?

Note my PS3 is the 80 GB CHECHExx model and is fully up to date using version 3.60 .

Also if you are going to answer my question please do not suggest media streaming, I know about it and how to do it but I prefer my drives to be plugged directly into my PS3.

Thanks for reading my questions.
    Question 2 is a no. USB 3.0 just refers to the speed of the connection. So its like saying that a wireless G adapter doesn't work with a wireless N router. It will work, you just don't get N speeds.

As for question 1, try using a different program to partition. The folks here suggest a few different options. Partition Tool and fat32format being the two that I saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Say Low View Post
    My ps3 just recently ylod, and i really can not be bothered sending it to sony for repairs and paying $100+ for a 40gb ps3 (my warranty has finished a long time ago).
    Anyway, im from australia, and am looking to import a japanese ps3 from play-asia, and i was wondering, if im able to go online on the australian PS Store, and play on Australian servers, (all my games are from Australia), so i was wondering, is it a software thing, or a hardware thing, which determines what servers i go in?
    thanks in advance guys!
    You can get on the Australian store, but you can't play on Australian servers unless the games have international servers. It is a hardware thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Birbiglia
    Why would you go talk about computers when you could stay here and go skiing and your skis will be french toast sticks!

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Should i turn the PS Upscaler on?
    I always had it turned off.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    Should i turn the PS Upscaler on?
    I always had it turned off.
    Its used for Playstation 1 and Playstation 2 games. It upscales them to make them appear to be of HD quality. So yes, you should! Unless it messes with the image or something.
    Why would you go talk about computers when you could stay here and go skiing and your skis will be french toast sticks!

Amprime
    Hi guys, i am new here to the forum, but long time PS fan.

I am looking for a particular genre of game and was wondering if i could have some advice. I really enjoyed a PC game called Diablo, this was many years back but i am looking for similar games on the PS3. Just wonder what people will suggest. been playing sacred 2 and it does not quite do it for me, lots of but and flaws.

Any reccommendations will be appreciated.

Thanks

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Amprime View Post
    Hi guys, i am new here to the forum, but long time PS fan.

I am looking for a particular genre of game and was wondering if i could have some advice. I really enjoyed a PC game called Diablo, this was many years back but i am looking for similar games on the PS3. Just wonder what people will suggest. been playing sacred 2 and it does not quite do it for me, lots of but and flaws.

Any reccommendations will be appreciated.

Thanks
    Two games come to mind when you mention dungeon crawler. Oblivion being the first one. The game came out a while ago, but its still a great game.

FYI, you can play in either first or third person.

The other one is Demon's Souls. Probably my game of the year for 09. Really awesome, hardcore action.

Here is the concepts page from the Wiki. It gives quite a bit of information on how this game plays.

Both of those can be had for fairly cheap nowadays.

As for games I haven't played: Dungeon Hunter: Alliance is on PSN

Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom

And lastly, Skyrim comes out this November. Basically the next Elder Scrolls game.

Hope that helps!

Is it possible to get game audio directly through the PS3 with a pair of USB headphones? I recently bought an HDMI to DVI cord to play my PS3 on my computer monitor, got it all set up and working, now I just have no audio. I've plugged in my USB headset into the front of the PS3 and read a few guides about getting headsets to work on PS3 but they've mostly been about playing audio through a TV so they weren't much help. Also I've already gone in the PS3 options menu under accessories and changed input and output to my headset, so now I'm just hoping there's an easy fix for this, any help would be appreciated.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Qu1etMan View Post
    Is it possible to get game audio directly through the PS3 with a pair of USB headphones? I recently bought an HDMI to DVI cord to play my PS3 on my computer monitor, got it all set up and working, now I just have no audio. I've plugged in my USB headset into the front of the PS3 and read a few guides about getting headsets to work on PS3 but they've mostly been about playing audio through a TV so they weren't much help. Also I've already gone in the PS3 options menu under accessories and changed input and output to my headset, so now I'm just hoping there's an easy fix for this, any help would be appreciated.
    As far as I can tell, there isn't a way to use usb HEADPHONES on a PS3. I know the old SOCOM headsets work, but that's a completely different peripheral. My only suggestion would be to get a gaming headset/headphone combo like this

Up until yesterday I could stream media including Videos and music from my PC (Windows Media v12, windows 7).
    I then updated my PS3 to V3.60 and know my PS3 cannot
    pickup my media server on my PC.

I've also downloaded and installed PS3 Media Server and it to cannot detect the PS3.

In the streaming options (PC) I cannot see my PS3 in either local or all networks.

I called sony and they couldn't help. Can someone please advise.

Dedicated Member
    I have a question. I'm not a trophy-$#@! by any means. I couldn't care less about trophies, actually. Anyway...do you think PS3 trophies will carry over to the PS4?

Csorbz
    just keep trying to sync the media player connecting through windows media & the ps3 media server it should detect it sooner or later depending on your computer?
    Quote Originally Posted by Surinderl View Post
    Up until yesterday I could stream media including Videos and music from my PC (Windows Media v12, windows 7).
    I then updated my PS3 to V3.60 and know my PS3 cannot
    pickup my media server on my PC.

I've also downloaded and installed PS3 Media Server and it to cannot detect the PS3.

In the streaming options (PC) I cannot see my PS3 in either local or all networks.

I called sony and they couldn't help. Can someone please advise.

I got a question ...im hearing a rumor of psn adding Cross-game Chat/Video ....Is that gonna be on an ready to use when psn is up an running again?

Thread Information