Page 939 of 954 FirstFirst ... 929939949 ... LastLast
Results 23,451 to 23,475 of 23844
    BlueSimple
    Here's my question.
    I have the old school 80GB. Never a single problem, regularly updated, cleaned, etc.
    Recently I am unable to get audio with my games through the TV via HDMI; a fairly standard Sony Bravia 1080p, 120hz. The playability and graphics are perfectly normal, just no audio. The odd thing is, audio works for everything else; Netflix, XMB usage, browser, PSStore, DVD and Blu-Ray- all the audio is perfect. I have not changed any settings and this is a fairly new issue. Also, it works normally with my other TVs, a Sony Bravia and a Fujitsu. I would have thought it was the TV, but the audio is fine for literally everything else but games, curious if any light can be shed on this.

Much appreciated.

My ps3 was working fine a few days ago and then i moved and i just hooked it back up and it turned on fine and a couple of minutes later it shut down with flashing red light. I shut it off and tried again and now it only turns.on for a couple of SECONDS and goes to flashing red light.
    Is my ps3 "dead"??

So, I'm helping my friend with his PS3. He had an older model PS3 that died recently and bought a new slim. We're unsure how to transfer data from the old HDD to the new one, which he has removed from the dead console. Would I be able to make a bootable flashdrive with MS-DOS and then connect the two HDDs to my motherboard and move the data that way? We don't just want to swap the old HDD in for the new one since the new is 100gb larger. Thanks for any replies!
    Last edited by Steelers412; 06-27-2011 at 02:56.

hi everybody,

Is there anyway i could use my move navigator at the same time as my logitech g27 steering wheel on DIRT 3. both controllers work together on gt5 just wondered if anybody found a way to do it on DIRT 3?

( :Thanks: )

anyone want to join a clan ??? KA clan is in the top 100 hundered black ops clans if you want to join click on this link http://kaclangaming.webs.com/apps/forums/ or add defexx or GuNsxGLoRy-CM AND ASK FOR clan tryouts xx
    http://kaclangaming.webs.com/apps/forums/
    join one of the top 100 black ops clans add defexx on ps3 for tryouts

Firkin
    Hello. I have a question. I have an old 40GB PS3. Ive just put a bigger HDD in it, but haven't got a big enough storage to back up my game saves. Its been in there a week. If i put the old HDD back in will it know its the original HDD and run as normal or will it tell me it needs to refomat it as it considers it a new drive?

how to update jailbroken ps3 on 2.60 firmware

yes i will like to know if i can update this ps3 to 3.55 and how to...and plz provide links if u can thanks

Earthbound
    Items Final Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy IX
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Firkin View Post
    Hello. I have a question. I have an old 40GB PS3. Ive just put a bigger HDD in it, but haven't got a big enough storage to back up my game saves. Its been in there a week. If i put the old HDD back in will it know its the original HDD and run as normal or will it tell me it needs to refomat it as it considers it a new drive?
    Hmm tricky question that one! Theatrically, it should just work. But I'd do some further research if I was you.

Quote Originally Posted by needhelpplz View Post
    yes i will like to know if i can update this ps3 to 3.55 and how to...and plz provide links if u can thanks
    5. No hacking/Mod discussion - All information regarding hacking/modding the PlayStation 3 will go into one stickied thread in the PS3 Discussion sub-forum. All information regarding hacking/modding the PlayStation Portable (and any of its subsequent successors) will go into one stickied thread in the PS1, PS2 & PSP Discussion sub-forum. In these threads, no links to forums or news sites discussing how the hack/mod can be achieved will be tolerated. In addition, links to websites selling hardware pre-hacked/modded, or offering to sell equipment that can be used to hack/mod the PS3 and PSP are banned. Members are forbidden to post information or instructions that would enable another user to hack/mod their PlayStation 3. Similarly these rules will be upheld for hacking/modding the Wii, DS and the Xbox 360 for those respective systems. A stickied thread will be created in the appropriate sub-forum if members wish to discuss these matters. Linking to or naming websites that provide ISO's, ROM's or their related software is also not allowed.
    If you want that kind of info you're going to have to go elsewhere.
    Last edited by dc89; 07-07-2011 at 07:53.
    Quote Originally Posted by neoxthexone View Post
    DC is the hero PSU deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector. The DC.

Hi, New member to PSU, great source of great information for ps users!

Can someone kindly point me in the right direction to a thread that will assist me in connecting my PS3 console wirelessly to a Windows 7 laptop. Thank you in advance

Forum Guru
    Items User name style
    Connect has in media sharing?
    Vengeful is amazing<3

yes as in media sharing, sorry for different use of words

capspath83

COD in 3D

Hi All,

Not sure if anyone can help with this but I recently just bought a brand new 3d ready TV and I wanted to play COD: Black Ops in 3d mode. When I try to switch the mode to 3d mode in the game it is not highlighted and says that I need active shutter glasses. My TV is later technology which utilizes "Passive" glasses. Am I missing something here? Am I not able to play 3d games at all? TV and Blu Ray 3d dvds work fantastic through my PS3 and automatically switch my TV to 3d mode.

The TV Model is Toshiba 55tl515u if that helps at all.

Hopefully someone has an answer for me as I am very anxious to see what 3d gaming is all about.

Thanks for your time!

Firkin
    I have done futher research. What ive found out, the majority of opinions is ive lost all my saved games becaues if i put the old one back in it will reformat it. But a couple of answers is it should work ok. Im a bit loathed to do it because it might wipe the new HDD when i put that back in. Kinda screwed really.

degen
    Hi!
    My Room is really hot, i was wondering is there any possibility my slim ps3 takes damage from this?
    Is there any official limit stated on how high temperature the ps3 can handle ?
    Ive heard that a fan directed to the ps3 can destroy the ps3, so if theres any possible way to cool it down i would love some tips!

Thanks in advance
    - Degen

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Quote Originally Posted by degen View Post
    Hi!
    My Room is really hot, i was wondering is there any possibility my slim ps3 takes damage from this?
    Is there any official limit stated on how high temperature the ps3 can handle ?
    Ive heard that a fan directed to the ps3 can destroy the ps3, so if theres any possible way to cool it down i would love some tips!

Thanks in advance
    - Degen
    Highly unlikely, but not impossible. The issue is when it's in enclosed spaces and it heats and recirculates the heated air, in which case the ambient temp of the inlet air is reaching towards the 50C+ range, possibly higher. If it's in an open air room with the air at 35C (95F) as long as it's in an open space and not recirculating the hot air, you should have no issues. My room is usually 25.5C (78F) at least 9 month out of the year because the temp is around 32-37C outside during most of the year.

I believe that's supposed to be a Swedish flag (actually looking a bit greenish where it should be blue) anyway based on your climate I'm guessing you're 'hot' room is cool by my rooms standards.

A fan directed at the PS3 cannot destroy it. However there was at least one aftermarket 'PS3 fan' that blew air into the outlet which actually reduced the airflow through the PS3 which could result in the PS3 overheating. This isn't going to happen if you had a fan just blowing at the PS3 even if it was directed towards the outlet air. It would help to move the heated air away from the unit which is a good thing if you don't have much of an open space for air to circulate naturally
    Last edited by TAZ427; 07-08-2011 at 19:06.

ERpa
    does anyone out there know how to fix a blue screen? No words, all wires are hooked up properly, channel is correct but all i get is a blue screen?

Dedicated Member
    Hey Guys, quick question.

I live in the US and have a little cousin in Austria. If I get him Uncharted I and II, here and ship it there will he be able to play it?

I could have sworn PS3 games are region free, but google searches have produced a lot of different answers.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Helm_of_Darkness
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel View Post
    Hey Guys, quick question.

I live in the US and have a little cousin in Austria. If I get him Uncharted I and II, here and ship it there will he be able to play it?

I could have sworn PS3 games are region free, but google searches have produced a lot of different answers.
    Well, Wikipedia says it is (but not a trusted source) and, it was also advertised as region free, so I believe so.
    Also, IGN says it is too, and IGN is really reliable in my opinion. http://ps3.ign.com/articles/697/697656p1.html

Hello Everybody,

Just yesterday while watching a movie my ps3 shut off randomly. The temp was pretty hot inside so I let it sit and tried turning it on two hours later. It turned on for about 5 minutes and then shut off. And now i have the dreaded YLOD and it will not turn back on. I've done some research on this and saw a few different way to get it working. "ReBalling" seems to be the better fix. Anyone else reball their PS3? I'm in the states and am planning on sending it to a company called PSR1. Anyone use them? Results? Thanks very much for any responses!

I have a question, I have a mybook essential 1 tb, and it has been read by the ps3 only two times... i have tried to reformatted the harddrive countless of times without results. Even though the hard drive is fromatted to fat 32 it doesn´t get recognized by the ps3, it wont even start the led.

Any answers will be highly appreciated!

Question , where can i find a free online passcode for fifa 2011??

I was wondering, if I use my PS3 slim to watch DVD movies (standard definition DVD's), can the PS3 upscale the video quality to HD if I have an HDTV? Do I have to change any settings or does it do this by default? Thanks.
    Anger is a gift. -- Zack de la Rocha

Goeniko
    Okay, so I'm planning to replace my old PS3 with new one since my old PS3 no longer works. However, it has been brought to my attention that some things may not convert over. I was not sure about this, so I decided to look it up and found this on an official website:

If you back up data on a PS3™ system and then transfer data to another PS3™ system using the data transfer utility, copy-prohibited saved data that is included in the backup data cannot be restored on either system.
    Some types of backed up data can be restored on another PS3™ system. The types of data that can be restored on another system are as follows:
    - Saved data from PlayStation®3 format software *1
    - Saved data for minigames ("minis")
    - Saved data for PSP™Game
    - Image files under (Photo)
    - Music files under (Music) *2
    - Video files under (Video) *2
    - Bookmarks added under (Internet Browser)
    - Terms that were added using (Settings) > (System Settings) > [Add/Edit Term], or predictive terms that were "learned" by the on-screen keyboard
    *1 Copy-protected data cannot be restored. Also, saved data that has been restored may not be usable in some games.
    *2 Does not include copyright-protected data.

What baffles me about this is how vague the meaning of "copyright" is. Truth be told, I'm mostly worried about my data for fighting games like SSFIV and MVC3. I also had some data on 3D Dot Game Heroes, SVR 11 and Demon's Souls data I don't want to lose. Could someone give me some details as to what they mean by "copyright"?

Also, another question, I've shared my account with the max number of people possible. I'm worried that when I get my new PS3 that I won't be able to download anything from my own account. Is there truth to this fear?

Hey, I have this question and problem. I get my slim console HDD out of console. I put it to computer. My computer doesent find it first time so I install it. Next step it asks to format disc and I did it. If I get my things done I put it back to console. This time it asks that PS system things. Put next it says Appliance data was not wound? What I can do it for to get my PS3 Slim back to working correctly? Pleease help me somebody.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Does PS3 have a data tranfer kit available for my game saves?

Thread Information