Page 942 of 954 FirstFirst ... 932942952 ... LastLast
Results 23,526 to 23,550 of 23848

any recommendations for a decent priced hard drive for the ps3?

PSN ID
    littlegoldfish66
    I noticed lots of people talking about how they upgraded their hard drive. Can you do that yourself or do you need to take it to an expert to do it. Also what kind of hard drive does the PS3 use?

I'm running out of space and need more disc space. I was gonna trade in my PS3 for the 360gb version but if I can just upgrade the hard drive that'd be much better.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Red Hot Chili PeppersAC/DCEvanescenceNirvanaSteamEA LogoDiablo IIINvidiaManchester UnitedLightningPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by littlegoldfish666 View Post
    I noticed lots of people talking about how they upgraded their hard drive. Can you do that yourself or do you need to take it to an expert to do it. Also what kind of hard drive does the PS3 use?

I'm running out of space and need more disc space. I was gonna trade in my PS3 for the 360gb version but if I can just upgrade the hard drive that'd be much better.
    The PS3 uses a 2.5" hard drive, the same as used in laptops. You can consult a few tutorials and do it yourself. It's not much of a job
    [CENTER]You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!

4. Likes littlegoldfish666 likes this post
    PSN ID
    littlegoldfish66
    Quote Originally Posted by gangsta_795 View Post
    The PS3 uses a 2.5" hard drive, the same as used in laptops. You can consult a few tutorials and do it yourself. It's not much of a job
    Cool thanks. It'll save me money getting a new PS3.

Apprentice
    Its reasonably easy to do. I went from 80GB to 500GB. Two years later and I still have 278GB left!!!

Apprentice
    Any another point does anyone have or know how good this TV is for 3D gaming use? Its passive 3D and I know it has been mentioned it suffers from lag but I think I know how to fix this. Thanks in advance on any thoughts or ideas. Its the LG 32LW45OU.

PSN ID
    littlegoldfish66
    I upgraded my hard drive, wasn't quite as staright forward as the tutorial said, but it was easy enough to do. Had to download the latest update for PS3 and put it on flash drive, plug it into PS3 and press select & start at same time so I could get to the next oart so I could format the drive. But it's all up and running and working like a charm

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Red Hot Chili PeppersAC/DCEvanescenceNirvanaSteamEA LogoDiablo IIINvidiaManchester UnitedLightningPS3 Fat
    Congratulations!
    [CENTER]You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!

Eman

ps3 move question goldeneye

Has anyone encountered this?

When I play Goldeneye Reloaded with the Sharpshooter Gun,
    I have to recalibrate the controller after each mission,sometimes after
    a save point. Anyone else encountered this?
    Let me know of any fixes. All of my other games stay calibrated just this
    one does not. After about 10 recalibrate sessions it starts to aggravate one
    to the point of just powering down for the day!
    Cheers!
    Eman.

Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman View Post
    Has anyone encountered this?

When I play Goldeneye Reloaded with the Sharpshooter Gun,
    I have to recalibrate the controller after each mission,sometimes after
    a save point. Anyone else encountered this?
    Let me know of any fixes. All of my other games stay calibrated just this
    one does not. After about 10 recalibrate sessions it starts to aggravate one
    to the point of just powering down for the day!
    Cheers!
    Eman.
    I presume you're using the PS Move? I tried finding information online, and was met with plenty of issues concerning the Wii version, but none concerning the PS3 version of it.

I expect that you'll have to calibrate often either way; the console needs to know where you are in respect to the camera. That said, it seems abnormal for it to happen that often. Make sure you're not moving out of the sights / range of the camera. That's the best I can think of in terms of it making you calibrate constantly.

I'll keep checking the web to see if I can find anything more concrete.
    Read my work on Medium, my blog, and connect with me on Twitter.

chaos.meltdown
    im really coming back to the game scene because of pc games and how you can mod the game stats health level ect.

for the die hard gamers i dont have time to play and just want to browse through the games.

so how do you mod the game get weapons since the beggining of the game ect?

im really interested in the ffxiii versus and skyrim

ps favorite mod is toggle gain level exp, no random battles with jrpgs

I have a question :S . I had a sixxaxis controller that I just sold to a friend, he complains that the triangle and L2 buttons act on their own, I never had that problem so I offered to check it for him, I opened the controller reset the buttons and it worked for me I was able to use it on Marvel vs Capcom 2 and MW3. I returned the controller with a video. Now he says that the L2 is still doing the trolling thing EVERY 10 mins :S I told him, that is impossible if the controller was damage it will not do it in an interval of time moreover on a specific one :S so can someone confirm what might have happened to the controller?
    (+[ ]%) - PSP 5.00 + 2gbs MSPD
    PS3 60gb HDD gen1 - ver 3.1

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by chaos.meltdown View Post
    im really coming back to the game scene because of pc games and how you can mod the game stats health level ect.

for the die hard gamers i dont have time to play and just want to browse through the games.

so how do you mod the game get weapons since the beggining of the game ect?

im really interested in the ffxiii versus and skyrim

ps favorite mod is toggle gain level exp, no random battles with jrpgs
    I don't think you can do that as I'm note sure if there's a Gameshark/Action Replay equivalent for PS3.

Quote Originally Posted by jrdehais View Post
    I have a question :S . I had a sixxaxis controller that I just sold to a friend, he complains that the triangle and L2 buttons act on their own, I never had that problem so I offered to check it for him, I opened the controller reset the buttons and it worked for me I was able to use it on Marvel vs Capcom 2 and MW3. I returned the controller with a video. Now he says that the L2 is still doing the trolling thing EVERY 10 mins :S I told him, that is impossible if the controller was damage it will not do it in an interval of time moreover on a specific one :S so can someone confirm what might have happened to the controller?
    Sounds odd.

It doesn't sound as if it's the controller.
    Be Together - Not the same.

Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Sounds odd.

It doesn't sound as if it's the controller.
    I know :S I told him, the ps3 and the controller are trolling you, cause to freaking throw a granede every 10 mins :S its really odd I think he is doing it himself, cause I played MvC2 and I was able to execute all the combos that I had forgotten

So just wondering, cause it might be that he wants to trick me by giving me a defective controller, which I know how the internal part looks like which board I mean.
    (+[ ]%) - PSP 5.00 + 2gbs MSPD
    PS3 60gb HDD gen1 - ver 3.1

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Iron Maiden3DSBaby ChocoboDr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturama
    It seems when I'm playing a game or watching netflix, when I go to the dashboard, and check my download queue, the download is stopped and it says pending. Is there some kind of option to change that? I thought that was the point of downloading in the background.
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    It happens when you're playing online/streaming live content. I doubt you can change that.

18. Likes RaY_210 likes this post
    Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Iron Maiden3DSBaby ChocoboDr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturama
    Ah that explains it. I was playing a couple online matches of Twisted Metal when I checked last night. And then I got through playing FF V now and saw it had been downloading. Thanks.
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

5p34k3r
    Why does the psn close down all the servers when people dont play them? I thought buying the game would allow us to connect whenever we want. my friend and i cannot connect in older ps3 games due to servers being down after the psn hack

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Quote Originally Posted by 5p34k3r View Post
    Why does the psn close down all the servers when people dont play them? I thought buying the game would allow us to connect whenever we want. my friend and i cannot connect in older ps3 games due to servers being down after the psn hack
    I believe it's not PSN but the actual devs/producers themselves. To save money, of course.

Sidenote : I believe some servers are left up forever.

Veteran
    Items Dark Souls CoverMuseSteam
    Quote Originally Posted by 5p34k3r View Post
    Yeah, it has nothing to do with the network and nothing to do with the PSN hack. Like Gangsta said, its the developers that close them down because it costs money to run them. When activity is too low, they get shut down. It usually says in the instruction manual, on the back of the box, or in the agreement you click 'yes' to that they reserve the right to shut them down after some time of notice or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Birbiglia
    Why would you go talk about computers when you could stay here and go skiing and your skis will be french toast sticks!

PSN ID
    Ryunokoe
    Question: What options do I have to recover data from a PS3 First-gen hard drive that was salvaged when the system had the Yellow Light of Death? System is toast, but the hard drive itself is sitting next to me.

Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryunokoe View Post
    Question: What options do I have to recover data from a PS3 First-gen hard drive that was salvaged when the system had the Yellow Light of Death? System is toast, but the hard drive itself is sitting next to me.
    I think the only way to recover data from the hard drive is to have it in the original system it came with, if you put the hard drive into another ps3 it will format it and you'll lose all the data. I've read stories of people using a hairdryer on the back of the ps3 which can cure the YLOD for a short period of time allowing data transfer, or the other option would re-soldering the PS3 & there are various videos on youtube showing how to do this.

Help!

Hey everyone, I want to buy my husband a ps3 and I'm completely lost. Theres variation in the gbs, slim/fat, etc. I have no idea how this all works. Which one is the best and most recent one?

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Mondblume View Post
    Hey everyone, I want to buy my husband a ps3 and I'm completely lost. Theres variation in the gbs, slim/fat, etc. I have no idea how this all works. Which one is the best and most recent one?
    The slim is the most recent. As far as the storage space is concerned, it really is up to you to decide how many gb will be necessary. I have a 250gb one, but now you can find 320gb one with a game bundled with it.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Mondblume View Post
    http://reviews.cnet.com/2722-9020_7-743.html

Try this

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Thread Information