Page 943 of 954 FirstFirst ... 933943953 ... LastLast
Results 23,551 to 23,575 of 23846
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    the_mooninites
    Items ICO
    Quote Originally Posted by Mondblume View Post
    Hey everyone, I want to buy my husband a ps3 and I'm completely lost. Theres variation in the gbs, slim/fat, etc. I have no idea how this all works. Which one is the best and most recent one?
    The slim is the newest version from Sony. There is the 160GB and 320GB. Both are exactly the same except for storage capacity. For me the 160 is plenty but it all depends on how much music, games etc your husband plans on downloading. The fat is the older version and i don't think they sell that retail anymore. It's not too different other then backwards compatibility and other minor things. I would say go for the slim and you just have to decide on the storage size

Quote Originally Posted by mooninites View Post
    The slim is the newest version from Sony. There is the 160GB and 320GB. Both are exactly the same except for storage capacity. For me the 160 is plenty but it all depends on how much music, games etc your husband plans on downloading. The fat is the older version and i don't think they sell that retail anymore. It's not too different other then backwards compatibility and other minor things. I would say go for the slim and you just have to decide on the storage size
    Thankyou! So its Ps3 slim 320 gb for him. Been saving so wanted to get the best one

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    the_mooninites
    Items ICO
    Quote Originally Posted by Mondblume View Post
    Thankyou! So its Ps3 slim 320 gb for him. Been saving so wanted to get the best one
    There are bundles that you can get that include video games or the PS move which is a motion controller kind of like the wii. The Uncharted 3 bundle is popular because that's a great game. Really depends on your husband's taste but I'm sure you can find something.

Happy shopping

Apprentice
    Here's my question, and I see it was sort of answered back in 06 when ps3 was first released...

I pay for 18mbps internet speed, but my ps3 only ever reaches 8mbps max when I do the internet connection test. My laptop reaches around 15 mbps when i use speedtest.net. I read that the ps3's network adapter only allows for 11mbps max.

So why am I maxing out at 8mbps on ps3? I use wireless but my signal is 100% and doesn't really fluctuate much. my speedtest.net tests on my laptop are pretty consistent.

If the ps3's max speed allowed is 8 or 11, that is pretty lame. ps4 would surely rectify this right?

Thanks

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Red Hot Chili PeppersAC/DCEvanescenceNirvanaSteamEA LogoDiablo IIINvidiaManchester UnitedLightningPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by TheStory View Post
    Here's my question, and I see it was sort of answered back in 06 when ps3 was first released...

I pay for 18mbps internet speed, but my ps3 only ever reaches 8mbps max when I do the internet connection test. My laptop reaches around 15 mbps when i use speedtest.net. I read that the ps3's network adapter only allows for 11mbps max.

So why am I maxing out at 8mbps on ps3? I use wireless but my signal is 100% and doesn't really fluctuate much. my speedtest.net tests on my laptop are pretty consistent.

If the ps3's max speed allowed is 8 or 11, that is pretty lame. ps4 would surely rectify this right?

Thanks
    I doubt anybody here can comment on the PS4's capabilities. We can only speculate \

As for your actual question, I do believe it's because you're using wireless. Doesn't matter if you have 100% signal strength or not.

Moreover, if your PS3 is close enough to your router to have 100% signal strength, why not just use a wired connection?

Quote Originally Posted by Monique19 View Post
    when will i become a veteran or dedicated member?
    I believe there is a thread about these titles. I don't have a link though.

Your question would be better suited in this thread
    [CENTER]You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Red Hot Chili PeppersAC/DCEvanescenceNirvanaSteamEA LogoDiablo IIINvidiaManchester UnitedLightningPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by TheStory View Post

Thanks
    I doubt anybody here can comment on the PS4's capabilities. We can only speculate \

As for your actual question, I do believe it's because you're using wireless. Doesn't matter if you have 100% signal strength or not.

Moreover, if your PS3 is close enough to your router to have 100% signal strength, why not just use a wired connection?

Quote Originally Posted by Monique19 View Post
    when will i become a veteran or dedicated member?

[CENTER]You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by gangsta_795 View Post

I use wireless because my router is on the other side of my house. Is it true that the max speed the ps3 can utilize is 11mbps?

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Yes, it indeed is. Only 11 MBPS max for the PS3 while the 360 can do 26 MBPS + *sigh*

Administrator
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Yes, it indeed is. Only 11 MBPS max for the PS3 while the 360 can do 26 MBPS + *sigh*
    I'm getting my 50 Mbps...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    I'm getting my 50 Mbps...

That wouldn't be on wireless, would it?

Administrator
    That wouldn't be on wireless, would it?
    It would. Is my PS3 broken?

And by the way the PS3 uses Wireless G which has a max throughput of 54 Mbps. If you're getting 11 I'd invest in a new router or bi*** at your ISP.

Last edited by Brandon; 03-01-2012 at 09:08.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    It would. Is my PS3 broken?

And by the way the PS3 uses Wireless G which has a max throughput of 54 Mbps. If you're getting 11 I'd invest in a new router or bi*** at your ISP.

I meant to ask whether you're using a wired connection or wireless. "Is my PS3 broken" is hardly a sound reply.

Administrator
    I meant to ask whether you're using a wired connection or wireless. "Is my PS3 broken" is hardly a sound reply.
    I was being a facetious tool, gosh. Why can't I just be a tool when I want?!

Anyway, wireless is what I was referring to

overstepping the mark
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Items User name style
    PeanutButterMunky can be a tool whenever he likes.... cos that's how legends roll around here! Be in awe gangsta.... be in AWE!
    Last edited by -Shafty-; 03-01-2012 at 11:37.

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    ^^ There are 2 kinds of people on this planet: those who listen to T0PGUN, and those who need to STFU and GTFO.

Forum Sage
    Who did what now?

Thanks VENGEFUL_BLUR for the avatar and spyrde for the sig!

Cogito ergo sum. - "I think, therefore I am."

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Quote Originally Posted by T0PGUN View Post
    PeanutButterMunky can be a tool whenever he likes.... cos that's how legends roll around here! Be in awe gangsta.... be in AWE!
    I shall...

18. Likes Ghost likes this post
    Administrator
    I shall...

Your spoiler is like a shot in the heart.

*sniffle*

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Iron Maiden3DSBaby ChocoboDr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturama
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    ^^ There are 2 kinds of people on this planet: those who listen to T0PGUN, and those who need to STFU and GTFO.
    Why you gotta be so mean to some of us?

Also, I recently set up my ps3 for that automatic update. Doesn't it say that it's supposed to turn back off on it's own? A couple hours will pass, and it still won't turn off. I have to go and do it myself. Is there a separate setting to get it to turn off on it's own?
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

PSN ID
    Trunks02148
    Here's my problem:

I recently replaced the diode (kes400a) on my ps3 (fat 60gb cecha01) when the system kept freezing mid game. After replacing the diode, I got the 80010514 error. I tried the restore file system method that people showed online. The restore file system detected corrupt files on the hard drive and it said that it fixed them. After restarting, the ps3 still can't read any blu-ray games and still shows the 80010514 error when it does detect the blu-ray disc. So I figure I try the restore file system again, and it again dectects corrupt files on the hard drive. At that point I'm thinkin the hard drive is dying and the section in which the ps3 system files is stored is the corrupted section. As a result, the ps3 can't fix the files on the flash memory. Is what I'm thinking correct?

The ps3 runs cds and dvds fine. I'm using the latest ofw and testing it with original games.

hello, please help.
    my ps3 controller has stopped working.
    the buttons that dont work are x square circle triangle.
    the rest of the buttton work including ps button
    what shall i do?

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by warrior123 View Post
    hello, please help.
    my ps3 controller has stopped working.
    the buttons that dont work are x square circle triangle.
    the rest of the buttton work including ps button
    what shall i do?
    you still have warranty exchange
    if not buy new
    is the original sony controller

dooshka
    Hio folks, nice to be here, i just been gifted a ps3 firmware 3.7, i need it to be 3.55, is this possible

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by dooshka View Post
    Hio folks, nice to be here, i just been gifted a ps3 firmware 3.7, i need it to be 3.55, is this possible
    No. Once you update to the newest or newer firmware, you can't go back to the old one. I believe you get a message telling you that every time before you update.
    Currently Playing: Pokemon Alpha Sapphire for the Nintendo 3DS

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    No. Once you update to the newest or newer firmware, you can't go back to the old one. I believe you get a message telling you that every time before you update.
    Hehe yep, will have to keep it honest now, there's no going backkkkkkk.

Thread Information