Page 944 of 954 FirstFirst ... 934944 ... LastLast
Results 23,576 to 23,600 of 23848
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Theoretically, you might be able to downgrade your firmware. If the PS3 shipped with a firmware lower than 3.55, you can use eflasher or progskeet to downgrade...

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Iron Maiden3DSBaby ChocoboDr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturama
    Where do you go to see how much longer you have for a Playstation Plus account?
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

Quote Originally Posted by RaY_210 View Post
    Where do you go to see how much longer you have for a Playstation Plus account?
    Yeah where do you go please ?

PSN ID
    Oli19177
    From xmb on ps3 go - account management - transaction management - sevices list - highlight ps plus and press x - its will say ps plus subscription press x - then it will display subscription type, start and expire date and renewal date.

Hope that helps m8

Sent from my iPhone

5. Likes Sleepy, RaY_210 likes this post

I've been looking through here and the rest of forum and found similar probs, but not exactly what I'm getting.

I have a slim ps3 (320gb) and recently, if I put dvd or blu ray disc in, it spins, makes a funny "whirring" sound then a "clunk". Whirs again, one more clunk and never registers there is a disc in there. Everything on the hard drive works fine and the disc will eject fine. I've read the theory that "slim discs" like DVDs or certain games like MW3 rotate off balance and can damage the drive. Any truth to that? Haven't even played MW3 in several weeks. It seems that it's definitely not the system, just the drive. My warranty is, of course, way past. Should my wife (an electrical engineer who fixed my old PS2 when it's lens needed adjusting) crack it open and check out the drive? Any other suggestions?

Thanks for any help!

PSN ID
    Paul-_-11
    I bought a Speedlink's Xanthos headset and I have it connected into the PS3 with the usb and I have set the settings in the accessory settings to input output etc etc but I still cant hear anyone else on the PS3 who has a mic? Help.

PSN ID
    Pbphins
    My old 80(?)GB fat ps3 died. I believe it's a faulty fan. Went out and got a 320GB slim. I need to get my data off the old HD, but obviously can't do it on the old system with the fan issue. Can I swap my old HD into the new system, run the back up utility to an external drive and then put the 320 hd back in and restore the old files off the external drive? That's my plan, but wondering if I should set the new system up first, with the 320 hd and then swap in the old hd, or install the old hd before even setting up the new system???

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by SWP View Post
    My old 80(?)GB fat ps3 died. I believe it's a faulty fan. Went out and got a 320GB slim. I need to get my data off the old HD, but obviously can't do it on the old system with the fan issue. Can I swap my old HD into the new system, run the back up utility to an external drive and then put the 320 hd back in and restore the old files off the external drive? That's my plan, but wondering if I should set the new system up first, with the 320 hd and then swap in the old hd, or install the old hd before even setting up the new system???

Thanks in advance for any assistance!
    I wonder about this myself aswell as I have not had any experience of this. However I've heard that once you put a new hard drive in a ps3 it will ask you to format it anyway, so if you put your 80gb HDD in, you'll have to delete your stuff anyway. I'm sure there is another way, maybe someone here will help

PSN ID
    davidfattore
    Hey guys I'm not sure if this has been asked and if it has I sincerely apologize as this question is a tad trivial... Is there any way to group your saved game content by title once you transfer them to a usb device? I only ask because I myself am not a fan of disorder, on the contrary I prefer the folder structure that is available on the PS3 Hard Drive within the saved game section.

I also apologize if this isn't the correct thread!

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by bordeaux26 View Post
    Hey guys I'm not sure if this has been asked and if it has I sincerely apologize as this question is a tad trivial... Is there any way to group your saved game content by title once you transfer them to a usb device? I only ask because I myself am not a fan of disorder, on the contrary I prefer the folder structure that is available on the PS3 Hard Drive within the saved game section.

I also apologize if this isn't the correct thread!
    By title do you mean the game title? because I noticed that the ps3 names it with random letter and numbers (probably due to registry naming scheme) I don't think if you rename the folder it will properly restore on your ps3. The way I figure out which folder is which, is by the picture of the game inside

PSN ID
    davidfattore
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    By title do you mean the game title? because I noticed that the ps3 names it with random letter and numbers (probably due to registry naming scheme) I don't think if you rename the folder it will properly restore on your ps3. The way I figure out which folder is which, is by the picture of the game inside
    Yes, sorry I should have employed more clarity, I do mean by game title, because on the PS3 HDD the user has the option of organizing their saved games into game folders, by game title, I was wondering if there is a way of doing exactly that once you have copied the saved games to your USB device!

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Quote Originally Posted by bordeaux26 View Post
    Yes, sorry I should have employed more clarity, I do mean by game title, because on the PS3 HDD the user has the option of organizing their saved games into game folders, by game title, I was wondering if there is a way of doing exactly that once you have copied the saved games to your USB device!
    I'm not sure but if you categorize your savegames by game in your ps3 and then copy them to a USB maybe that will work. I haven't tried it so I can't be of much help. Sorry

whats the best size of memory for a casual gamer

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-12-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    I'd say 120 or 160GB if you are a casual gamer i got 120 its perfect for me.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Apprentice
    Anyone help with this....I have had periodic problems with my PS3 and TV. My TV (Samsung PS43D490 43inch plasma) will suddenly have no picture after I come out of a game. Its almost like theres no signal even though my ps3 is still on.

Its most recent weird act is to reset the tv to 480i (I think) and take me through the tv setup where the PS3 tells you to hit the "x" button if you can see the picture so it sets it to 720p/1080p. Its annoying me even though it happens only now and again. I have changed the lead twice and shifted HDMI ports on the TV but I can't be sure if its the PS3 or the plasma. Any thoughts.....

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Try ticking only 720p, etc. Try each one by itself.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

I'm having a problem and i'm not sure whether it's a display issue or something that's wrong with the my Playstation http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/.../IMG_10391.jpg
    Sorry for the terrible quality. The Tv says it recognises the Playstation but all that comes up is this horizontal purple bar. Anyone else experienced this?

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Helm_of_Darkness
    Items User name style
    For anyone who plays Saints Row: The Third, or has played it, do you know if their is a frequent freezing problem?
    Yesterday while playing SR:TT, it froze 4 times. Twice on the same mission I was doing, and two other times during co-op.

Just wanted to make sure if it's the game or my PS3 messing up. I have the old model, not the slim one. Thanks.

HELP: is it ok to play HD (720p & 1080p) all the time?

is it okay to play hd all the time? i'm worried it might cause damage to my TV and ps3

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Red Hot Chili PeppersAC/DCEvanescenceNirvanaSteamEA LogoDiablo IIINvidiaManchester UnitedLightningPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by chimatsuri420 View Post
    is it okay to play hd all the time? i'm worried it might cause damage to my TV and ps3
    Nope that's the way it's supposed to be. Absolutely nothing to worry about.
    [CENTER]You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!

Is it possible to use an external hard drive with the ps3 to play movies?

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Quote Originally Posted by tarnak View Post
    Is it possible to use an external hard drive with the ps3 to play movies?
    My ps3 (250gb slim model) doesn't detect my western digital 1tb hard drive when I plug it in the usb port

Dedicated Member
    I think it's because your hard drive is in NTFS format. The console only reads FAT32.

25. Likes Itachi likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boy From School View Post
    I think it's because your hard drive is in NTFS format. The console only reads FAT32.
    oh duh! How could I have forgotten?

PSN ID
    Chrisology
    meow

Thread Information