PSN ID
    the_mooninites
    Items ICO
    Quote Originally Posted by Cv94 View Post
    meow
    Nonsense but well said sir.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

Hello,

Is there a way to use my Stereo Headphones for both my PS3 and PC? Currently I only have to the option to use my Headphones for either my PC by plugging it into the Sound Card or for my PS3 by plugging the Headphones into my Playstation 3D Display. I would love to have the convenience of simply plugging the Headphones into one or the other and be able to recieve audio from both PS3 and PC.

Thanks in advance.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Instead of making another thread I figured I'd ask it here:

Long ago I was thinking about upgrading my 80 GB to a 500 GB and even made a thread here about it, well by the time I could afford that my PS3 decided to die so I had to get a 160 GB slim. Back then I didnt think I'd do a lot of digital buying so that was "good enough", well I signed up for PS+ and now my 160 GB is beyond full. I cant afford a 500 GB, but anyone think it be worth it to buy a 320 GB.. or should I just wait till I can afford a 500 and play the "delete and install" game?

Seagate Momentus 320 GB - $69.99
    http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product...82E16822148455

Vantec NexStar 2.5"/3.5" Hard Drive Dock - $28.99
    http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product...82E16817392022

Looking for a cheaper HDD enclosure, need it 2.5/3.5 cause I got an old desktop HDD I will back the PS3 up to then I plan to use the current PS3 160 GB HDD to back up too.
    Last edited by Fenix; 07-03-2012 at 01:11.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Summoning (Destiny of) spirits as I venture back into (FFX) Spira. With a bit of "Catching 'em All!" on the side.

PS4 Preorders: WatchDogsWitcher3DyingLight

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Hi all, I just joined here out of complete desperation, I am really at the end of my rope here. I bought a PS3 last week, I have two hdmi cables, one brand new, good quality etc., now when I started using it, it worked no problem, picture great, sound great etc., however, now the sound keeps going off and coming back on, for a couple of minutes at a time, now when it goes off, if I pause the game (any game) it comes back on. It seems really strange, is there any way anyone can advise me on this?
    I was wondering woule it be possible to use the scart lead for the sound and the hdni for the picture, as I say, I am new to PS3, so not altogether too familiar with the settings (there appears to be a thousand settings on the damn thing)
    As I say, I would be really grateful if someone could advise me
    thanks in advance folks, peace out

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post

Long ago I was thinking about upgrading my 80 GB to a 500 GB and even made a thread here about it, well by the time I could afford that my PS3 decided to die so I had to get a 160 GB slim. Back then I didnt think I'd do a lot of digital buying so that was "good enough", well I signed up for PS+ and now my 160 GB is beyond full. I cant afford a 500 GB, but anyone think it be worth it to buy a 320 GB.. or should I just wait till I can afford a 500 and play the "delete and install" game?

Looking for a cheaper HDD enclosure, need it 2.5/3.5 cause I got an old desktop HDD I will back the PS3 up to then I plan to use the current PS3 160 GB HDD to back up too.
    I was thinking of upgrading my 250gb to 500aswell but right now I have lie 120gb free. If you ask me I think 500gb is the better choice. Remasters will continue to come on psn and infact it seems now sony is serious about full games launching on psn on release. PS+ has wicked offers so basically you will need as much space as possible so save for 500gig.

PSN ID
    dime
    YOLD , how to fix it ??

PSN ID
    Ceej

g'head and try or... pitch it?!

Quote Originally Posted by dime06 View Post
    YOLD , how to fix it ??
    Dime06: I cant exactly say what you need to do, but here is my situation.

My 2006 20gb fatty just died a couple of days ago from YLOD.

So far I have done a complete tear down, cleaned, vacuumed, sorted and prepped for a home-reflow and new paste. (probably an option for you as well.)

Catch!...

On the backside of my mobo there is a noticeable browning/burn? on the trace lines around the HDD conections.

At this point for me, I am skeptical about moving forward. I dont want to risk burning out HDDs or waste energy and silver paste if anyone else has seen this odd damage.

Or.... maybe its nothing? I have been assembling/modding PC's since the x86-286 days. I have seen many a blown cap, burnt voltage regulators and even a few arc'd out components. This however makes me wonder, I really cant say I have run across this kind of 'burning?/melt' before on a mobo around a HDD peripheral.

I really would like to save my system. A new ps3 I currently do not have money for.

Anyone have ideas/comments/suggestions?

Cheers
    CJ
    Last edited by CjEdwards; 08-03-2012 at 09:57.

PSN ID
    Ceej
    Quote Originally Posted by johnf7478 View Post
    Hi all, I just joined here out of complete desperation, I am really at the end of my rope here. I bought a PS3 last week, I have two hdmi cables, one brand new, good quality etc., now when I started using it, it worked no problem, picture great, sound great etc., however, now the sound keeps going off and coming back on, for a couple of minutes at a time, now when it goes off, if I pause the game (any game) it comes back on. It seems really strange, is there any way anyone can advise me on this?
    I was wondering woule it be possible to use the scart lead for the sound and the hdni for the picture, as I say, I am new to PS3, so not altogether too familiar with the settings (there appears to be a thousand settings on the damn thing)
    As I say, I would be really grateful if someone could advise me
    thanks in advance folks, peace out
    HDMI cables are not all made the same! , and damage to it might not be apparent.

Although many may be able to function on a poorer quality HDMI cable, it is always better to spend a few extra dollars on a reputable brand. Look for 1.4 rating and 'feel' the quality with your hands. A decent cable ought to be rather firm, maybe even a bit unforgiving in flexibility.

Another potential problem could be the HDMI port itself, on either end.
    I have seen a few examples where the cable was 'good enough' yet failed in some ports.
    I have also seen HDMI ports that have lost audio completely no matter how good the cable.
    I personally have a 32" RCA TV with a faulty HDMI(input 2), video choppy, no audio.

My advice, find another cable and try it out. See if your problems are the same.

Cheers
    CJ
    Last edited by CjEdwards; 08-03-2012 at 09:56.

PSN ID
    losttoof501
    I was hoping someone could help me with a problem i cant seem to figure out.
    I just connected my ps3 to my dorm room internet via an ethernet cable. I modified all of the settings to accomadate the wired connection, and updated everything. I registered the console's MAC address with the school website so i could access the internet through the campus cisco system. I am able to access the playstation network and complete online updates, but whenever i try to play a game, it redirects me back to the console's main menu. The first time i try to play after turning it on, it will let me go as far as the multiplayer menu, but as soon as the info bar saying "connecting to matchmaking server" pops up, it quits the game and, just as i described earlier, sends me back to the main menu. any ideas?

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    wow I have no clue

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    Is the Youtube app available in Canada or is this just another case of SONY not considering Canada as part of NORTH AMERICA again?
    I cant find it anywhere (other than the Vita app) on the Playstation store

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Quote Originally Posted by snooper71 View Post
    Is the Youtube app available in Canada or is this just another case of SONY not considering Canada as part of NORTH AMERICA again?
    Yeah, its not available here (Canada)
    Was disappointed

PSN ID
    ConorHoney
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post

I've got the 320GB, I have around 15/20 Games with a few demo's and full game downloads. I have around 260/270GB still available. I's suggest just getting the 320GB if you don't buy loads and loads of games all the time.

PSN ID
    THEWIGGLEBAM_MAN
    Simple question: Any fellow GTA'ers on the board?

gaming headset.

I shall be needing to purchase a headset in the very near future, can anyone recommend a good one that won't break the bank.
    Thanks.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    The Official Sony bluetooth headset

Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    The Official Sony bluetooth headset
    Thanks i will take a look.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    Quote Originally Posted by snooper71 View Post
    i made thread how to get it

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Quote Originally Posted by djpenny View Post
    i made thread how to get it
    Making a US account doesn't count

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    Making a US account doesn't count
    yes it does you dont need the account after downloading
    Last edited by -Dj-; 09-08-2012 at 19:17.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Markus
    Why are ps3 installs/patches so big? Is it because the blu-ray drive is only 1x?

PS4 Launch Edition
    PS3 60GB (Upgraded to 500GB)
    Phenom II X4 955, HD 7770 1GB, 6GB RAM

If you add my PSN say you're from PSU or I might delete it!

PSN ID
    sweet_anthony
    Hey, question regarding board damages. Would this cause the PSU of the fat ps3 to malfunction and throw a YLOD. I've sent the system to get reballed, and still YLOD. Pulled the psu apart and found this.
    http://s1164.photobucket.com/albums/q578/2ndVice/

PSN ID
    sweet_anthony
    Hey, question regarding board damages. Would this cause the PSU of the fat ps3 to malfunction and throw a YLOD. I've sent the system to get reballed, and still YLOD. Pulled the psu apart and found this.
    http://s1164.photobucket.com/albums/q578/2ndVice/

PSN ID
    MK-SPIKE
    Question = I got a Dust 514 Beta code.. And I don't know what to type it on... do I need to download something and type it in that? And I found one thing on PS Store and it said beta closed but only playstation Plus members can download that.. help please?

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Quote Originally Posted by Dust 514 View Post
    Question = I got a Dust 514 Beta code.. And I don't know what to type it on... do I need to download something and type it in that? And I found one thing on PS Store and it said beta closed but only playstation Plus members can download that.. help please?
    Go to Playstation store and go to "Redeem Codes" in the top right corner

Thread Information