Latest PSU headlines:

Page 947 of 954 FirstFirst ... 937947 ... LastLast
Results 23,651 to 23,675 of 23839
    Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by djimbo View Post
    Hi there PS3 community I have a question for those of you who have bought and sold 80gb units recently.

My brother in law recently offered to sell me his 80gb PS3 CECHK01 with 2 wireless controllers and the wireless keyboard. I don't think any games are included. He told me to make an offer but, I have no idea what a fair price would be. I do know that the 80gb version has not been produced for a while and that prices on Ebay are all over the place.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk HD
    My personal opinion is buy a new console the fat SKU's are not as reliable as the slims. Plus you get a years warranty with it as well as peace of mind.

My highest offer for a PS3 fat 80gb would be 95.
    Sent from my computer using keyboard.

PSN ID
    z0inkz_d00by_Sc0o
    Help! I'm gonna try and make this as short as possible since my issue is, i hope quite simple.. I took my ps3 slim apart because my disc drive was completely fn up. so i fixed it, in the process though, a small curved white piece on the TOP side of the black encasement of the laser mechanism, along with a flimsy little spring came off of it. I know where the white piece comes from but my question is HOW DOES THE SPRING GO IN?

i'm completely stumped with this spring, i have pictures but i have no idea if and how i can post them here maybe, any help would be a huuuuuuuuuuge life saver

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    You can post pictures by first uploading them to some image hosting site, then link to them.
    I don't think I can help cuz I've never seen the inside of a ps3.

PSN ID
    z0inkz_d00by_Sc0o
    No problem I figure it'll take awhile til somone who may know comes along. Thanks for the reply and suggestion anyway. I was just too lazy to do it. Im trying it from my smartphone

http://i.imgur.com/rz48wB6l.jpg

PSN ID
    z0inkz_d00by_Sc0o
    No problem I figure it'll take awhile til somone who may know comes along. Thanks for the reply and suggestion anyway. I was just too lazy to do it. Im trying it from my smartphone

http://i.imgur.com/rz48wB6l.jpg

Master Guru
    After 4 years of posting here and never asking a question in this thread i have just one question to ask.

Will the PS3 go down as the greatest console of all time?

Dedicated Member
    ^Are you really El Presador?^

PSN ID
    ReDxHorneT
    Items 1UP (Pixel)Avenged SevenfoldLucy PinderSteamPS3 SlimBullet For My ValentineLBP KratosGran Turismo 5Little Big Planet
    Hey guys, I'm picking up a 12GB PS3 Super Slim next week and I was wondering if you could suggest a HDD. I'd like a large HDD as I have PS+ and will be downloading a lot of games to the hard drive.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beardy View Post
    Hey guys, I'm picking up a 12GB PS3 Super Slim next week and I was wondering if you could suggest a HDD. I'd like a large HDD as I have PS+ and will be downloading a lot of games to the hard drive.
    Might as well get a 500 GB those games are gonna eat up space lol

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

PSN ID
    ReDxHorneT
    Items 1UP (Pixel)Avenged SevenfoldLucy PinderSteamPS3 SlimBullet For My ValentineLBP KratosGran Turismo 5Little Big Planet
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    Might as well get a 500 GB those games are gonna eat up space lol
    Might as well spend the extra 100 quid on a 500GB one, but I kinda wont money left over as I'm picking up a 32 inch samsung 1080p as well.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Might as well spend the extra 100 quid on a 500GB one, but I kinda wont money left over as I'm picking up a 32 inch samsung 1080p as well.
    Ok then how about 320 or 250? Either would be alright.

‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

PSN ID
    ReDxHorneT
    Ok then how about 320 or 250? Either would be alright.
    I dunno. I might go for that Blue Super Slim PS3. I'm purchasing these for my room as I already have a PS3 downstairs in the entertainment room.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    I dunno. I might go for that Blue Super Slim PS3. I'm purchasing these for my room as I already have a PS3 downstairs in the entertainment room.
    Oh alright well you might as well pick up a 120gb to start off. You can always delete the game when you finish and redownload plus games back when you want it again as long as you have plus still active.

Super Elite
    You don't have to spend that much nowadays for a 500gb HDD you only need a basic one because the PS3 will not take full advantage of the speeds. Here is one I found for you. http://www.ebuyer.com/284651-samsung...-hd-hn-m500mbb
    Sent from my computer using keyboard.

PSN ID
    XwassabiXx

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkourninja View Post
    The X-men game we deserve

PSN ID
    ReDxHorneT
    Oh alright well you might as well pick up a 120gb to start off. You can always delete the game when you finish and redownload plus games back when you want it again as long as you have plus still active.
    I'm probably going to pick up an extra 500GB hard drive later as I'll mainly be using this PS3 to play Gran Turismo on.

Quote Originally Posted by MacP View Post
    You don't have to spend that much nowadays for a 500gb HDD you only need a basic one because the PS3 will not take full advantage of the speeds. Here is one I found for you. http://www.ebuyer.com/284651-samsung...-hd-hn-m500mbb
    I'll probably get that HDD. Good thing it's on Amazon

Quote Originally Posted by Parkourninja View Post
    That game looks awesome! Would donate to it but I am currently saving for a Gaming PC and a PS4.

One more question, does anyone know if the new PS3 Super Slims are able to be jailbroken?

Switching back and forth from HD to SD on PS3 ?

On my old tv, the PS3 used a DVI to HDMI connector for HD at 1080i. However, whenever I needed to use my Canopus Capture Device I could easily switch to the AV MULTI/SCART settings for video. Then SD video of the PS3 could be sent to the capture card and also sent back to the front of the old tv with composite cables.

So now the PS3 is connected to my new Bravia. HDMI to HDMI (thru a receiver, but that's not really important) at 1080p.
    Now when trying to switch the setting to AV MULTI/SCART nothing happens. In my google research, people seem to switch from HDTVs to SDtvs by using the system default settings method, you hold the start button and wait for the 2nd beep. However, that method seems to be for switching between DIFFERENT tvs and not the SAME HDTV. I tried it anyway, and could not get a signal.

I also tested all the composite cables, connections and capture card with a regular PSone, so I am confident I have ruled everything out except for the PS3.

This used to be incredibly simple. The only thing that changed was going from a 1080i DVI HD tv to a 1080p HDMI HD tv.

PSN ID
    mcglone
    Does this site have an official YouTube channel? if not, i'll be willing to donate mine for the website's use. I can put the weekly news up on the channel or anything else you are wanting me to do

PSN ID
    joel1031
    i have a question why is my ps3 super slim 500gb turning off automatically I've tried everything that i can think of with air cleaner for the vent's and the cord's are fine i dont understand why it's still shutting off on it's own can some one please help me out

I have a Question About the different PS3 models available. I have never owned a PS3 but want to get one to play a few games, but also play blue rays and watch Netflix, and MLB.TV through it. So which do i need? Gig? slim?

PS3 turns itself off, blue light stays on forever, no disc inside, red light blinking when turning on then the ps3 turns itrself off.

Any idea what is going on with it?

Thanks from advance
    Last edited by Shippou; 03-09-2013 at 11:31.

Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Quote Originally Posted by Shippou View Post
    PS3 turns itself off, blue light stays on forever, no disc inside, red light blinking when turning on then the ps3 turns itrself off.

Any idea what is going on with it?

Thanks from advance
    Sounds to me like its our old annoying enemy YLOD (yellow light of death)

Thank you itachi

Forum Elder
    Probably, but I would take the hard drive out and boot it up and see what it does to be sure.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

How do I do that? I know nothing about the inside parts

Thread Information