Page 950 of 954 FirstFirst ... 940950 ... LastLast
Results 23,726 to 23,750 of 23846
    PSN ID
    Chuckzv2
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    The drive has to be FAT32.
    At least last I checked.
    Yes - Cinavia. Though it doesn't apply to everything. But it does to a lot of things nowadays though.
    Has anyone figured out a bypass to Cinavia? Even using Windows Media Player as well as PS3 Media Server software. I am trying to stream over my Network some Vids but it seems Cinavia shuts down my audio as well as I get the message 3 code.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

I have a 60 GB PS3, first generation. It reads ps1 cd and ps3 blu-ray normally. It is also fully backwards-compatible, with hardware emulation. My question is: If my PS3 won't read a DVD movie (original ofc, in mint condition), does it mean one of the three lenses burned out? I don't have a single PS2 game so I'm unable to test it.
    thanx in advance

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by Jermanzg View Post
    I have a 60 GB PS3, first generation. It reads ps1 cd and ps3 blu-ray normally. It is also fully backwards-compatible, with hardware emulation. My question is: If my PS3 won't read a DVD movie (original ofc, in mint condition), does it mean one of the three lenses burned out? I don't have a single PS2 game so I'm unable to test it.
    thanx in advance
    I don't know much, but I do know this: don't rule out it's something wrong with the movie DVD. My former 60 gb PS3 did have the same problem with a game, but it turned out the problem was the game, not the PS3.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    I don't know much, but I do know this: don't rule out it's something wrong with the movie DVD. My former 60 gb PS3 did have the same problem with a game, but it turned out the problem was the game, not the PS3.
    Thx for the answer, turns out nothing is wrong with the laser. I did some research, and the problem was with DVD upscaling. After turning that option off, everything worked fine.
    I got a new question: can I play NTSC games for PS1 on my PAL PS3?

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Items Protect yourselfFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVAtlusTidusAuronFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    I got a new question: can I play NTSC games for PS1 on my PAL PS3?
    Yea you can. Bought a few PS1 and PS2 games from the US PSN Store on my US account and they work fine on my PAL console.

PSN ID: gersfc

Twitter ID: gers_PSU
    Twitch ID: 19gers87
    Youtube Channel: gers87fc

Quote Originally Posted by Gersfc View Post
    Yea you can. Bought a few PS1 and PS2 games from the US PSN Store on my US account and they work fine on my PAL console.
    Bought FF VII, VIII and IX NTSC black label (all 3 for around 100$). I sure hope it works like you said (if not I'm just gonna resell them, they're mint condition so I guess it won't be a problem)

PSN ID
    Dezzyle365
    Hey all! My ps3 is stuffed up i have used it for about a year and it froze yesterday, so i decided to turn it off, the next day i turned it on and it had a black screen and wouldn't turn off. so i wanted to put it into safe mode... but unfortunately it won't work for some reason. instead it just says no signal. i tried everything... everything i start my ps3 it just freezes and i cant turn it off unless i hold the ps3 turn on/off button.... WHAT Do I DO?

PSN ID
    CrazyKeys-Knight
    I apologize if this comment would be better posted elsehwere. I am new to this forum site.

I purchased The Last of Us as a digital download for my PS3 Slim last week. The week prior to this purchase I had a freeze crash on my ps3 which resulted in my first flashing red-light. After letting the system sit and making minor alterations to its position I was able to restart it and continue gameplay without a problem. When I began playing The Last of Us this week I reached about 4-5 hours in to the point where you first obtain the bow. My system crashed and provided me with the same flashing red light. After restarting the system and loading my save I found that the PS3 would crash continuously for this game, yet I could play other games (digital and disc) for long durations with no crash. I researched and found that this red light is a common indicator of ventilation issues, yet my PS3 was not fanning loudly or even warmer before or during these crashes. I did some further research and found that The Last of Us appears to have some bad glitches associated with it that cause these sort of crashes but as far as I have seen these have all be involving the older 'phat' PS3s with Blu-ray Discs, not the PS3 Slim with the digital download as is my case.

This is the first time I have had any warrant for seeking repairs to my gaming system. I am unsure of exactly whether this problem is from the game or my ps3. I did call customer support who instructed me to hold down the power button through a series of beeps until an internal manual appeared with the option to 'reset file system' or something and this allegedly repaired some corrupted data. It did not resolve these crashes with this game. I have put a lot of work into my PS3 with 16 platinums and a lot of downloaded games. In the event that it must be wiped or replaced during repairs I am looking for a way to avoid losing these.

I would be very grateful if anyone could reply with suggestions on course of action or similar difficulties in playing The Last of Us.

Thanks,

Crazykeys-Knight

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazykeys-Knight View Post
    I apologize if this comment would be better posted elsehwere. I am new to this forum site.

I purchased The Last of Us as a digital download for my PS3 Slim last week. The week prior to this purchase I had a freeze crash on my ps3 which resulted in my first flashing red-light. After letting the system sit and making minor alterations to its position I was able to restart it and continue gameplay without a problem. When I began playing The Last of Us this week I reached about 4-5 hours in to the point where you first obtain the bow. My system crashed and provided me with the same flashing red light. After restarting the system and loading my save I found that the PS3 would crash continuously for this game, yet I could play other games (digital and disc) for long durations with no crash. I researched and found that this red light is a common indicator of ventilation issues, yet my PS3 was not fanning loudly or even warmer before or during these crashes. I did some further research and found that The Last of Us appears to have some bad glitches associated with it that cause these sort of crashes but as far as I have seen these have all be involving the older 'phat' PS3s with Blu-ray Discs, not the PS3 Slim with the digital download as is my case.

This is the first time I have had any warrant for seeking repairs to my gaming system. I am unsure of exactly whether this problem is from the game or my ps3. I did call customer support who instructed me to hold down the power button through a series of beeps until an internal manual appeared with the option to 'reset file system' or something and this allegedly repaired some corrupted data. It did not resolve these crashes with this game. I have put a lot of work into my PS3 with 16 platinums and a lot of downloaded games. In the event that it must be wiped or replaced during repairs I am looking for a way to avoid losing these.

I would be very grateful if anyone could reply with suggestions on course of action or similar difficulties in playing The Last of Us.

Thanks,

Crazykeys-Knight
    these are kept by Sony so you won't lose them per se. your trophy data is kept with your username and password, they carry to any PS3 (and PS4) you log into
    the downloadable games can be re downloaded through your account management>download history

as for the crashing, Naughty Dog push the PS3 to the extreme, i wouldn't be surprised if it ran at 100% all the time (as there are no loading screens). it could just be that this game pushes your system over the edge. try running Uncharted 2 as it also runs around 100% for the entire play session.

if its out of warranty try taking it to a repair shop and maybe they can clean it out/fix it for you. if its still in warranty just send it back to sony and get a new one (backup your savegames though because unless you have PS+ they wont be saved )
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

PSN ID
    rambokan

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by blowbg View Post
    i'd say PS3 motherboard is not receiving power. either the board is fried, or the AC cable is defective.

try a different cable and see if that helps any.

if not you may need to get it sent in im afraid

you can also use this to help understand the light sequencing:
    https://support.us.playstation.com/a...tail/a_id/1733
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

PSN ID
    rambokan
    Thanks for the opinion.Could it be the power supplier
    Last edited by blowbg; 06-26-2013 at 17:29.

PSN ID
    CowboyCombat

Hi

What's new?

PSN ID
    N1NJ4_STAHR
    Dang this forum is old

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by N1NJ4STAHR View Post
    Dang this forum is old
    We've been around the block a few... thousand times.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

PSN ID
    p243343
    thank you very much

BD Playback Prohibited Question

It has been over a year since I very ignorantly down graded my ps3 with te dongle method in order to remarry a blue ray board. I lost blu ray movie play back function but could do everything else after the remarry. Some time later QA flag came out and seemingly fixed the issue. Well here we are over a year later and I dusted off my old CECHA01 and decided I wanted to go OFW. I installed 3.55 OFW then installed the newest OFW straight off the net. Well it will play ps1, ps2, and ps3 games as well as play dvds no problem. I put in a blu ray and DAMN it says "blu ray play back prohibited" Im out of the loop guys its been over a year....am I screwed? Is there a perm fix for this issue? Keep in mind its on 4.46 now far as I remember if you went above 3.55 you cant go back which mean I cant use qa flag....Any new development here? Has the old blu ray prohibited been resolved yet?

Thanks Guys.

PSN ID
    p243343
    i like to know if there will be a GTA 5 on ps3?
    http://psncodesgeneratorfree.webs.com/ You can do this by you own.

Quote Originally Posted by gta5gotmeon View Post
    i like to know if there will be a GTA 5 on ps3?
    Of course, release date is 17.9.2013.

I also have a question, it may be kind of stupid, but I'd really like to know.
    Lets say I buy a game off PS store and download it to my console. A week later my console stops working. So let's say I buy a new one. Will I be able to re-dowload the game off PS store if I login with the same account? What about the saves?

Thanks in advance

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation

Lets say I buy a game off PS store and download it to my console. A week later my console stops working. So let's say I buy a new one. Will I be able to re-dowload the game off PS store if I login with the same account? What about the saves?

Thanks in advance
    Yes, if you log onto PSN with your original account, you should be able to redownload the game. It's the saves that will probably be lost.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Thanks in advance
    Yes you should be fine but contact Sony to try and get the old console deactivated as now your only allowed 2 activations for gaming

Thank you itachi

Thank you both for answers

PSN ID
    Of course you can download it again
    Quote Originally Posted by jermanzg View Post
    of course, release date is 17.9.2013.

I also have a question, it may be kind of stupid, but i'd really like to know.
    Lets say i buy a game off ps store and download it to my console. A week later my console stops working. So let's say i buy a new one. Will i be able to re-dowload the game off ps store if i login with the same account? What about the saves?

Thanks in advance

PSN ID
    Of course you can download it again
    Quote Originally Posted by jermanzg View Post
    of course, release date is 17.9.2013.

I also have a question, it may be kind of stupid, but i'd really like to know.
    Lets say i buy a game off ps store and download it to my console. A week later my console stops working. So let's say i buy a new one. Will i be able to re-dowload the game off ps store if i login with the same account? What about the saves?

Thanks in advance

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    DynamicSun
    So this might be the wrong place to ask this... But I do see that this thread is more active than the one in games section. Anyway... If I buy the digital version of a game... Will the saved data I got from the physical one still work?

Thread Information