Page 951 of 954 FirstFirst ... 941951 ... LastLast
Results 23,751 to 23,775 of 23848
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths
    Quote Originally Posted by IWAO View Post
    So this might be the wrong place to ask this... But I do see that this thread is more active than the one in games section. Anyway... If I buy the digital version of a game... Will the saved data I got from the physical one still work?
    I know it works for the reverse for sure, so probably.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Y0ur L1vEs ARE NoW 0Ver Y0u ba5T4RD5..wH4t You D0 w1Th Y0uR nEw L1V3s iS foR mE +O d3C1D3...W3ll tH4Ts th3 th30rY 4nyWAys

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    DynamicSun
    Quote Originally Posted by Gantz View Post

It'd then. Thanks a lot for the answer.

my ps3 seems to be cracking my discs, starting from the inside?

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gantz View Post

Quote Originally Posted by IWAO View Post
    It'd then. Thanks a lot for the answer.
    Yeah I can confirm this - at least for the games I've encounteres off the top of my head (Just Cause 2, Hitman Absolution etc).
    Be Together - Not the same.

Hello everyone. I cannot yet start a new thread so I'm posting here.

My PS3 80GB (CECHK01) doesn't doesn't start up. It always gives "no display" no matter if it's connected via A/V cable or HDMI.

It doesn't go into safe mode either. It gives the green upon pressing the power button, but when I hold it for 5 seconds, it beeps once and then goes back into standby mode (red light).

I tried removing the HDD and trying to get into safe mode, but no luck. The console doesn't emit video signal.

Any thoughts?

PSN ID
    RandomFirefly

How much should I sell my 60GB PS3 for?

So I've been loyal to my original fat 60GB PS3 since release, have taken fantastic care of it and the thing is in pristine condition, have never had a single issue with it. As much as it pains me to part with her money is short and the looming arrival of the PS4 has me salivating, and so it's time for me to part ways--but only at the right price!

Included would be: 60GB PS3 with up to date firmware/software and all cables, 2 dual-shock 3 controllers, Black Ops 2 with all current map packs, God of War 3 Saga with GoS and CoL, UFC Undisputed 4. I'd like to ask $400 so that it will cover the cost of the PS4, but I don't know if that's realistic or not. Also, when to sell before its value significantly plummets? I'm thinking mid-September. Thoughts?

PSN ID
    uzair121

Ps3 40gb randomly turning off

so basically i have a ps3 40gb now with a 320gb hardrive. recently it would randomly turn off and then a red light will just constantly flash. sometimes i play for a couple of hours and its fine and sometimes it happens within 2 minutes of playing the game. is my ps3 dying?

Apprentice
    Items Scarlett JohanssonGuerrilla GamesDice
    EDIT: Wrong section...
    Last edited by PS4THEWIN; 09-11-2013 at 02:41.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by uzairshaz View Post
    so basically i have a ps3 40gb now with a 320gb hardrive. recently it would randomly turn off and then a red light will just constantly flash. sometimes i play for a couple of hours and its fine and sometimes it happens within 2 minutes of playing the game. is my ps3 dying?
    Blinking red light indicates hardware problems, console shut down sounds like heat troubles.

You install the HD? Any issues before it was swapped?

PSN ID
    uzair121
    i installed the HDD a long time ago which didnt cause any problems only recently the ps3 turns off while playing a game. should i open the ps3 and clean the fans etc ?

PS3 - plays games, but no menu... No blu ray. Help!

Hey guys. I'm a new PS3 owner. Bought a nice console, used, from a reputable friend. Got home hooked it up to my TV via HDMI. Inserted God of War 3 and started playing. When I quit the game I noticed that it didn't go to a menu screen, where I'd be able to connect to the internet, netflix, settings, hard drive etc. it just had a little staticky looking thing, then pure black. Paid no mind. Bought a few Blu Rays last night, and neither of them would play in the system either. At one point I felt like I heard sound (when hooked up via the RCA cables) but no picture. So in summary, I have no access to the systems menu... And it won't play Blu Rays. The games however are good to go.

Is this a video settings issue? Do I need to factory reset the system? Please help!

PSN ID
    edjr4
    if i were to use a non banned(from psn) harddrive in a banned console will the harddrive and any accounts on it become banned as well?

i have a question concerning the new system update. I get all the way to 99% installation and it freezes. I have received the error code 8002F310. ive been told by playstation to manually update my ps3 and it will work. my problem is how do I get to my main startup screen when the console keeps wanting to automatically resume the system update right after I turn the console on. I really don't want to spend 150$ to replace my console this is the third ps3 ive owned. night have to get the xbox 1 if I cant resolve the crap

hi guys, I'm going to format my ps3 slim (320gb version) as the hard drive is full and sometimes the system is not working well. i've got the latest firmware 4.50

and I've found the "Format Utility" and the "Restore PS3™ System" in the menu..
    http://manuals.playstation.net/docum...estoreps3.html
    http://manuals.playstation.net/docum...atutility.html

and you know, the descriptions look pretty the same, but I'm sure there have to be some significant differences

could you please help me in choosing the better one?
    thanks in advance

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by jacobqwerty View Post
    hi guys, I'm going to format my ps3 slim (320gb version) as the hard drive is full and sometimes the system is not working well. i've got the latest firmware 4.50

and you know, the descriptions look pretty the same, but I'm sure there have to be some significant differences

thanks in advance
    A long formatting writes zeroes to your drive where as a quick format will just format the start and end of your drive where as restore will just restore your default settings.
    Sent from my computer using keyboard.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jacobqwerty View Post

thanks in advance
    is there a backup? Otherwise i choose the one where you first backup all your data especially if your saves aren't all in the cloud.

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    I've had a niggling issue with my television for sometime, (well, it's not really an issue, per say) and I was hoping somebody more tech savvy than myself would be able to explain it. This is my TV, which I play the PS3 through:

http://www.samsung.com/ie/consumer/t...PS50C450B1WXXU

The box, from what I remember, and the descriptions online say it's 720P and HD Ready. But when I go onto the PS3 the resolution says it's higher than that. Here's two examples:

Anyone know what's going on or am I just an idiot?

Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

ps3 backup not working on new ps3 system

i had an old ps3 80 gb from 2009 which suddenly had a hard disk error a few weeks saying could not start, the appropriate storage system was not found. I had backed it up a week prior this this error on an external harddisk. Now i have had to exchange this ps3 for a new super slim one since the older one couldn't be fixed. When i tried restoring from my backup of ps3 files from the external hd onto the newer ps3, all my game saves and data are not restoring via the backup. The restore function took only 3 minutes and only my mp3 and image files have been restored and the the game data and game saves have not been restored. Please help me as to why my game data and saves are not restoring from my old backup from the other ps3 onto my newer ps3?

New to the PS3 community, and bought a PS3 Phat.

A 40gb one. But it's actually broken. It concerns the power supply. Should I attempt to repair it? Will it be worth the repair price? Will it perform on par with the other PS3 models?

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    Quote Originally Posted by joystickwarfare View Post
    A 40gb one. But it's actually broken. It concerns the power supply. Should I attempt to repair it? Will it be worth the repair price? Will it perform on par with the other PS3 models?
    Yup, provided it's not too expensive a repair job, it's monumentally worth it! Either attempt it yourself or go to some repair vendor, they're usually cheap enough - that depends on where you're situated, course. I have a 40GB (since '80), replace the HDD with a WD 500GB and everything runs like clockwork.

Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

PSN ID
    xsoulfirexx

My ps3 games don't look like other peoples screenshots or videos of gameplay.

I have a ps3 slim about 2 years old, fairly used, more of a PC gamer. I have a Hannspree 22in computer monitor that I got a hdmi female to dvi male adapter at best buy so I could use my monitor. The results were less than what I expected, the picture looks NOTHING like the videos I see of other peoples gameplay on youtube, for games such as gta v, Red Dead Redemption, and Assassins Creed Black Flag, it's like it's stuck between SD and HD, in limbo. So I bought a 22in Insignia hd tv, 1080p standard resolution, but with no game mode, so I have to use the custom setting to try and make a game mode, and aside from the backlight and a few extra options, I'm not noticing a huge difference, the games still don't look like other peoples, which is very frustrating. Then earlier, I was playing AC4, things were going okay, I found a decent balance with settings, and all of a sudden, anything not near my character is blurry, like a cheap substitute for AA. I couldn't get it to stop being blurry so I turned it off hoping when I turn it on again it goes back to normal. IDK if it's my ps3, or if my hd tv and monitor are not good enough, or if the hdmi cable is messed up somehow. I'd really appreciate some solutions, maybe someone had a similar problem and knows how to fix this. fyi Everything else looks amazing on both tv and monitor, movies, blurays, etc, just games have problems with the ps3, my pc is a beast. It runs ANY game, max settings, and looks AMAZING, literally 100x better than my ps3. I use to have a 40 inch hd tv, and I didnt notice any problems with my ps3s graphics, but I really didnt have my PC then so I didnt have a comparison, and I wasn't looking at other peoples videos on youtube of how amazing their game looks on their ps3 and tv. Help please.

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockWave View Post
    I've had a niggling issue with my television for sometime, (well, it's not really an issue, per say) and I was hoping somebody more tech savvy than myself would be able to explain it. This is my TV, which I play the PS3 through:

http://www.samsung.com/ie/consumer/t...PS50C450B1WXXU

The box, from what I remember, and the descriptions online say it's 720P and HD Ready. But when I go onto the PS3 the resolution says it's higher than that. Here's two examples:

Anyone know what's going on or am I just an idiot?
    On the main menu it is native to 1080p but the game runs at 720p
    Sent from my computer using keyboard.

since i cant start a thread (just a note to the mods that having a post minimum for creating new thread just encourages spam....)

right on with the topic.

basically i'm looking at buying a ps3. yes i realise i'm about a decade behind everyone else lol.
    i dont game that often still have a ps2 barley gets touched have a psp which i find more convenient. but for some silly reason i want to buy a ps3. then i look into it and realise there are different versions and now idk which one to get.
    here's what i (think i) know:
    newer doesnt mean better right?
    there are 3 models (fat,slim,superslim)?
    the original ps3 plays both blue ray & dvd and is backward compatable whereas the slim and superslim arent.
    all have wireless controllers
    all have free online gameplay
    is there any difference in the 3 models aside from size and memory?

would you recomend buying a "dated" console? when the ps4 is just about to come out.

replies appreciated.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by neonflash View Post
    since i cant start a thread (just a note to the mods that having a post minimum for creating new thread just encourages spam....)

right on with the topic.

basically i'm looking at buying a ps3. yes i realise i'm about a decade behind everyone else lol.
    i dont game that often still have a ps2 barley gets touched have a psp which i find more convenient. but for some silly reason i want to buy a ps3. then i look into it and realise there are different versions and now idk which one to get.
    here's what i (think i) know:
    newer doesnt mean better right?
    there are 3 models (fat,slim,superslim)?
    the original ps3 plays both blue ray & dvd and is backward compatable whereas the slim and superslim arent.
    all have wireless controllers
    all have free online gameplay
    is there any difference in the 3 models aside from size and memory?

would you recomend buying a "dated" console? when the ps4 is just about to come out.

replies appreciated.
    well look at it this way: the final game for the ps2 was released this year. so buying a "dated" console isn't a bad thing, there are numerous pros to that.
    1. cheaper than the new console so you save money.
    2. games are able to fully harness the tech of tht console rather than the new console which they can't yet.
    3. the majority of the bugs have been worked out so your experience should be relatively problem free.
    4. whenever you decide to go next gen, you'll know exactly what games you want for it due to the multiple reviews posted.
    so buying a ps3 isn't bad, it's good. there's still a lot of great games coming for the ps3, not to mention the ones that are already out. if you're not a hardcore gamer, I would go with the ps3.

I had my 500g fat ps3 for almost six years and just recently departed with it as I got the ps4. still ran like new, so there's the potential life you can get out of one.

moving on Tapatalk

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

25. Likes neonflash likes this post

its funny to hear the americans already using their ps4's when it's not out yet in the uk.
    i was thinking that since i'm not a huge gamer its not good for me to get the newest out console since some bugs wont have been identified etc.
    i would be buying the ps3 preowned probably froma private seller, is there anything i need to be weary of? i'll see it in action before i buy obviously but in terms of banned accounts etc. - i've seen things like that mentioned but dont fully understand it. how do i test things to be sure its 100% fully working?

Thread Information