Page 954 of 954 FirstFirst ... 944954
Results 23,826 to 23,846 of 23846

i thought ps3 was free to play online

i thought ps3 was free to play online

Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by jdmek9ctrlvr View Post
    so recently my ps3 decided to shut off after being on for about a minute or so but what is weird is all the power shuts down even while still plugged in. it seems to happen as soon as something loads(ex. dvd, game, installed on HDD game) but i never gave it a chance to stay on without loading anything from fear or messing up even more.

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME WITH WHATS GOING ON OR LET ME KNOW IF ITS JUST THE END?

thanks guys im a new user to the forums so not really sure how to go about this but hopefully ill learn more as i go.
    I had something similar on my old PS3 before it died :/ It would be on for a while then beep a few times and turn off, after a while it would turn off as soon as I turned it on, it was something to do with the soldering on the inside of the console. My bro tried fixing it but it didn't turn out that well, had to buy a new one, hopefully yours won't follow the same route?

PSN ID
    tud_tud14

swapping saved game to another user.

Hi, I have a bit a of a conundrum with a saved game on my PS3.

My PS3 went all YLOD on me, so a friend let me borrow his PS3 since he got a PS4.

So i started a new Skyrim game under his user name and his PSN sign-in (although he didnt save the password for it on the system and cant remember what it is).

Now i want to download the dragonborn and dawnguard add-on content to my game, i made a new user account with my PSN sign-in but cant play my game under my user account.

So Im just wondering if anyone knows the easiest way to solve this. Can i just save the game to a flash drive and reset the users? or do i have to somehow swap the saved game to my user? or alternativly, can i download the content on my sign-in and play it on his user account??

Ive found some advice on various sites about switching games to other users, but im just curious if there is an easier way.

thanks for any advice, much appreciated.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Question.. PS+ games:
    Aren't you supposed to be able to re-download previously "bought" ps+ titles? I had to run out and buy a new ps3 yesterday and was surprised to see that I was missing several titles in my "previously downloaded" folder..

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    I figured no one checks in on this thread any more.. Anyway - read somewhere that you'll be able to re-download previously dl-ed games. So apparently it's not enough to 'purchase' them or even 'start up' a download and immediately canceling it. I wish I knew about this BEFORE though..

Feel free to add your experiences.

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    Quote Originally Posted by K2D View Post
    I figured no one checks in on this thread any more.. Anyway - read somewhere that you'll be able to re-download previously dl-ed games. So apparently it's not enough to 'purchase' them or even 'start up' a download and immediately canceling it. I wish I knew about this BEFORE though..

Feel free to add your experiences.
    It worked fine with me on vita and ps4, yosp has a tweet that it will work this way on ps4 a few months ago. I gave my ps3 to my bro after buying ps4 but I will make him check for you. I pressed purchase button for dragon's dogma via my pc and never download it hence I have disc version already. I will update here after checking.
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Thank you! I would really appreciate that

It's a bit weird - they don't show up in dl-list, and aren't shown as purchased on the game's respective page..

Edit: Weird because this whole year I've safe guarded by also using the store app or website to make sure I purchased the games offered.
    Last edited by K2D; 06-05-2014 at 16:48.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    Quote Originally Posted by K2D View Post
    Thank you! I would really appreciate that

It's a bit weird - they don't show up in dl-list, and aren't shown as purchased on the game's respective page..

Edit: Weird because this whole year I've safe guarded by also using the store app or website to make sure I purchased the games offered.
    It is weird if you done it via web store, cause dragon's dogma works for me. I am % 99 sure I only bought it from web store and never downloaded from psn store on ps3, and my bro confirmed download button appears now on it. You should try to chat with USA cotact chat. https://support.us.playstation.com/app/contact_options

they solve lots of troubles of me, since my country does not have any good support.
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Excellent! I especially needed to hear this cause Sony seem to toggle automatic renewal with the updates.. I'm not claiming that as fact, but I'm positive I unchecked that option once already. Anyway, I'll heed your advice. Thanks!

I unplugged a PS3 320 GB system and power cord and plugged in my old ps3 20 gb backwards capatible system using the 320 gb connection cable to tv that worked just fine. Well I get no video at all. Does this mean the connection cables to TV for ps3 320 gb system will not work with ps3 20 gb system?

Got it working
    Last edited by zdst; 06-13-2014 at 20:20.

Hi if anyone can help, I'm trying to put a save on my ps3, i copy it but when i start the game Mass Effect 3, I can't seem to access the save file. I really like mass effect 2 but i really don't want to have to play it all over again to make up for one mistake i made. Anyone have experience with game saves?

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Quote Originally Posted by Franklin_michael View Post
    Hi if anyone can help, I'm trying to put a save on my ps3, i copy it but when i start the game Mass Effect 3, I can't seem to access the save file. I really like mass effect 2 but i really don't want to have to play it all over again to make up for one mistake i made. Anyone have experience with game saves?
    From what I could gather from other forums, this is a due to save game protection. It might be possible using a manually saved file from the games settings (ie not an auto-save file). If this is your own save game and you don't have the console it was created on you might be out of luck.

I hope this helps you out in some way

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Quote Originally Posted by Shingo View Post
    It is weird if you done it via web store, cause dragon's dogma works for me. I am % 99 sure I only bought it from web store and never downloaded from psn store on ps3, and my bro confirmed download button appears now on it. You should try to chat with USA cotact chat. https://support.us.playstation.com/app/contact_options

they solve lots of troubles of me, since my country does not have any good support.
    Thanks for your help. It all sorted itself out on its own. It seems it took a couple of days for the games to recognize the new PS3 as their new master, lol rep+

I just bought a used PS3 slim cheaply from a friend. It is missing a part on the front of the ps3. What part is this (see circled part in picture)? How much does it cost?

Urgent Need Help
    I have recently (2 days back) purchased a PS3 12GB model, as i already have a spare 500 Gb HD and a HDD caddy
    with me Before buying, i have read all the things related to the upgradation of HD. I do not have any
    internet connection at my home althogh if required i can connect it to internet by Hotspot via my mobile
    (already did once). I know how to open the PS3 and install the HDD with help of a HDD caddy. My only question
    is what happens after installing the HD? i have read somewhere the HDD (which is installed) should be in a
    specific format i.e FAT32 is it necessary? if yes how can i do that as the HDD is internal one and i can't
    install back to my new laptop as it will void the warrenty (sold the old one while retaining the HDD)? i have
    also read that upon installing the HDD PS3 will ask to format it, is it so? if yes then i require a internet
    connection or not? i just have a saved game which i dont mind if get lost during the transition. Also want to
    know that when i first used PS3 it have asked me to update the software, someone can tell me what is the size
    of it as i am connecting it via Mobile Hotspot?
    Help on above will be highly apperciated. Thank you in advance for anticipated response.

Thanks i have another question (almost same as above) as i have given that PS3 to my cousin and at that time i did not upgrade it as he is just a child and will not rquire a PS3 upgrade soon. I have put my HDD in Acer laptop as i came to know that the laptop is already out of warrenty. I have backed up all my data to external 1 TB.

Now the question is:

Urgent Need Help
    I have recently (2 days back) purchased a PS3 12GB model, as i already have a spare 500 Gb HD and a HDD caddy
    with me Before buying, i have read all the things related to the upgradation of HD. I do not have any
    internet connection at my home althogh if required i can connect it to internet by Hotspot via my mobile
    (already did once). I know how to open the PS3 and install the HDD with help of a HDD caddy. My only question
    is what happens after installing the HD? i have read somewhere the HDD (which is installed) should be in a
    specific format i.e FAT32 is it necessary? if yes how can i do that as the HDD is internal one and i can't
    install back to my new laptop as it will void the warrenty (sold the old one while retaining the HDD)? i have
    also read that upon installing the HDD PS3 will ask to format it, is it so? if yes then i require a internet
    connection or not? i just have a saved game which i dont mind if get lost during the transition. Also want to
    know that when i first used PS3 it have asked me to update the software, someone can tell me what is the size
    Help on above will be highly apperciated. Thank you in advance for anticipated response.

[QUOTE=chrisw26308;6296235]
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorang Joshi View Post
    I have recently purchase a PS 3 12 GB super slim. I have Seagate Momentus 5400.6 500 Gb SATA HHD with me, i was using it in my laptop. Now, i want to use this HDD in my PS 3 i know all the procedures to change the HDD but i have one question i.e. Will PS 3 wil format the data of my old HDD? if i want to restore it then hoe can i do it? and the HP laptop with which i was using my old HDD is not working so i can not back it up there and i also have an Acer Gateway laptop but its under warranty and i can not replace the HDD's. So could anyone suggest me any way so i can not loose my old data while using my it with PS 3.

You would have to clone that drive to another drive or several dvd, s. Then reformat it for the ps3 which is FAT32 I think.

It's possible to create several partitions on a hard drive even a combo of NTFS(windows) and FAT32 but I'm not sure if you can do it on ps3, you might want to Google dual partition ps3 drive

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    Thanks i have another question (almost same as above) as i have given that PS3 to my cousin and at that time i did not upgrade it as he is just a child and will not rquire a PS3 upgrade soon. I have put my HDD in Acer laptop as i came to know that the laptop is already out of warrenty. I have backed up all my data to external 1 TB.

Now the question is:

Urgent Need Help

Best headset and mic for ps3 slim. Have TV pla needs three other things rx22. Dongle. ?? It's a hassle

Frustrated. Larry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PSN ID
    MatrixNeoTrilogy
    Hey Guys! I am very new to the whole Forum thing but am forced to ask a question here. So this last weekend there was a HUGE flash sale for Racing Games and I took advantage of it. I Bought Split Second for 5 dollars, NFS Hot Pursuit for 5 dollars, and Cars 2: the Video Game for 5 Dollars. Now Split Second and NFS work Fine but today I gave Cars 2 a Try and when I clicked Cars 2 my Tv went blank and popped up: Unsupported Mode. Now take note everything else works FINE on my ps3 this has to be something with the game because all other games work fine. I have Researched all day and everyone says to hold the power button for 5 seconds. I went through that entire process and it did nothing so It has to be the game. I am no expert but I know the game is 3d Capable so I think it is just starting the game in 3d but I dont have a 3d tv so I guess what I am asking is how to turn off 3d or how to navigate to the settings in Cars 2 to turn it to 2d. I really want to play this game. Thanks

PSN ID
    Kifel_Jatt
    Hi. I've had my PS3 60GB for around 24 months now and for roughly 16 of them it hasn't been working. I bought it 2nd hand for 110 and when my bluray broke there was no way I was going to pay 50 for a new one. So I did some research(not enough for what was about to happen) and found that i needed a replacement bluray drive. I looked around but it cost so much so I decided to salvage it from a broken ps3. This was a few months ago, I only decided to actually fix it last week. It worked for about an hour and I decided to turn it off. The next day it made a really loud buzzing noise. Video of my problem:

http://youtu.be/168JaI7qolU

how can I fix this problem? (There's a bit more details in video description).

Thread Information