Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
Results 26 to 36 of 36
  1. #26
    Superior Member
    Old Man Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    834
    Rep Power
    21
    Points
    7,477 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    Well even in the 3rd gen (nes era) in the states Nintendo had a limited release in 1985 then in 1986 a full blown launch by 1989 we already had next gen hardware from TurboGraphix and the Genesis in late 1989. Snes was released in 1991 so even then it was a 5 year turn around. This Gen has been longer than any in history without new consoles being released which I felt helped provide more quality software for all of us gamers no matter what system you may own.



    Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    I agree 100%!
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

  2. #27
    Supreme Veteran
    claud3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Agartha
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Age
    30
    Posts
    17,608
    Rep Power
    125
    Points
    224 (0 Banked)
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Mate i agree, but my feelings towards are how should i put it lost in the sense, my feelings for a new mario or zelda game do not fill my pants or makes me cry excitement. I am just wondering how far is to far
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

  3. #28
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    I am still waiting for Toy Story graphics.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

  4. Likes YoungMullah88 likes this post
  5. #29
    Power Member
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,290
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    153,515 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    Do you have a source? Not saying you are wrong, just curious to what exactly was used to make Avatar.
    Kiwis made Avatar.
    More specifcially, Weta Digital.

    http://www.studiodaily.com/2010/01/h...andled-avatar/

    Isnt this very old news though, I remember this quote from AMD ages ago.
    Last edited by mynd; 08-27-2012 at 02:57.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

  6. #30
    Ultimate Veteran
    Metal King Slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    23
    Posts
    21,771
    Rep Power
    188
    Points
    3,297 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by ONQ View Post
    Why are you posting stuff from over a year ago?
    Yeah, I thought the quote sounded familiar. Good catch.

    I'd rather have no news than old news.

  7. #31
    Ancient
    TGO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    purgatory
    Age
    32
    Posts
    10,501
    Rep Power
    99
    Points
    12,601 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    I am still waiting for Toy Story graphics.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD



    Why?
    Sent via Codec

    "Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

  8. #32
    Administrator
    Brandon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,157
    Rep Power
    126
    Points
    117,690 (18,076 Banked)
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    They said garbage like this when the 360 came out. There's hype... and then there's just flat out silly. Come on AMD...
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.”

  9. #33
    Forum Sage
    DeviousOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Orlando FL
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Age
    31
    Posts
    9,551
    Rep Power
    68
    Points
    61,675 (1,943 Banked)
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I expect the graphics to be almost the same as this gen no much of a jump. So anything more I would be surprised. Low standards in my head so no disappointment lmao

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

    ~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

  10. #34
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Why?
    Sent via Codec
    Because it was said we would have them. I haven't seen them yet.

  11. #35
    Ancient
    TGO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    purgatory
    Age
    32
    Posts
    10,501
    Rep Power
    99
    Points
    12,601 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Because it was said we would have them. I haven't seen them yet.
    While we haven't seen anything as perfect as CGI, because thats what Toy Story is, if a film released back then that looked like for example Beyond but in the perfect CGI form, do you think we'd be talking about Toy Story?
    I don't think so because what we can achieve now is far beyond Toy Story graphics, its just real-time just the look of some games real-time graphics wouldn't even be possible in CG back then but the problem is real-time graphics will never be on par with CGI's perfect look & higher resolution...everything, because its CGI
    I know what ya after, but thats CG and I don't think the technology in real-time graphics exist to give it that CGI look, but in its basic form we have surpassed Toy Story

    Sent via Codec

    "Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

  12. #36
    Power Member
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,290
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    153,515 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    While we haven't seen anything as perfect as CGI, because thats what Toy Story is, if a film released back then that looked like for example Beyond but in the perfect CGI form, do you think we'd be talking about Toy Story?
    I don't think so because what we can achieve now is far beyond Toy Story graphics, its just real-time just the look of some games real-time graphics wouldn't even be possible in CG back then but the problem is real-time graphics will never be on par with CGI's perfect look & higher resolution...everything, because its CGI
    I know what ya after, but thats CG and I don't think the technology in real-time graphics exist to give it that CGI look, but in its basic form we have surpassed Toy Story

    Sent via Codec
    We aren't anywhere near toy story graphics. Real time rendered reflection and proper lighting is still Elusive. While we can push the polygons, we are a long way away. Mainly due to the fact that we don't use ray casting to any great extent.
    They use a lot of tricks to fool you, but no, we ain't near toy story.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

PSU

Playstation Universe

Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of Abstract Holdings International Ltd. prohibited.
Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.