Latest PSU headlines:

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Wait You Are Not Allowed To Come Abroad ( Clothes A Flight Risk )

Several US airlines have been refusing to let ticketed passengers board planes based on how they’re dressed. Being told to change their clothing or not fly, some passengers said they felt unreasonably discriminated against.

One woman was confronted by an airline employee for showing too much cleavage on a Southwest Airlines flight, the Associated Press reports. Another passenger was forced to cover up her T-shirt with a shawl because it showed a four-letter curse word. In the second case, the woman, who is a pro-choice activist, said her T-shirt was questioned because it bore a pro-choice slogan.

On a US Airways flight, an African-American footballer- playing for the University of New Mexico-was kicked off the plane and arrested for refusing to pull up his low-hanging pants, while a Caucasian cross-dresser was allowed to board a plane wearing little more than women’s underwear. In light of both cases, the American footballers lawyer, Deshon Marman, suggested racism might have been involved. The prosecutor thus declined to file charges against the college student.

“You can’t let someone repugnant like that (the cross-dresser) on the plane and single out this kid because he’s black, wearing dreadlocks, and had two or three inches of his underwear showing,” said attorney Joseph D. O’Sullivan. “They can’t arrest him for what someone perceives to be inappropriate attire.”

Rules regarding passenger dress codes are often vague and hidden in the small print of an airline’s “contract of carriage,” which are agreed upon when a passenger buys a ticket.

The US Airways contract states that passengers who “may pose a threat to the comfort and safety of other passengers or employees” may be denied the right to board. Additionally, all passengers “over the age of five and barefoot, or otherwise inappropriately clothed” can be ordered to leave the plane.

The small print does not mention any specific dress code. US Airways spokesman John McDonald told AP that “inappropriate” clothing is based on whether or not other passengers or employees are affected. Since no one complained about the cross-dresser until after the plane had landed and pictures circulated on the Internet, he was allowed to remain on the flight, McDonald said.

“It’s not an issue of a dress code, it’s one of disruption,” he said.

Other flights have equally unclear guidance terms regarding dress code. Delta Air Lines states that it has the right to remove passengers “for the comfort or safety of other passengers or Delta employees.” Southwest Airlines prohibits boarding of passengers “whose clothing is lewd, obscene or patently offensive.” United Airlines bans those who are “inappropriately clothed” or barefoot. The contracts do not have criteria for the highest allowed hemline or the lowest neckline and do not mention curse words on T-shirts as criteria for being kicked off a plane.

“If people are paying the price for their tickets, they should be able to wear what they want,” corporate lawyer Leigh Ann Epperson told AP.

Airlines are private companies and are therefore able to make their own rules and decisions regarding proper attire.The First Amendment, which protects free speech (including slogans on T-shirts), does not apply to rules set by private companies.

Airlines reserve the right to deny boarding to anyone they consider inappropriately dressed – an act that is at the discretion of employees’ individual interpretation of their airlines’ contract.
    http://rt.com/usa/news/us-airlines-reject-boarding-573/

Come on really, what next you can not fart, because its a bomb. Its a complete joke
    Last edited by claud3; 08-27-2012 at 02:21.
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    akhi216
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post

Come on really, what next you can not fart, because its a bomb. Its a complete joke

Agreed. Arresting someone over what another regards as inappropriate is just ridiculous.

There are a couple of guys who got arrested for farting and fanning it toward a cop shown on news stations on YouTube.
    Last edited by akhi216; 08-27-2012 at 02:28.

Unbound Mercenary
    Nothing will stop me from farting anywhere.

But this is another reason why its fun flying private.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

4. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Its crazy, just crazy. Not just in the states

The world is an odd place
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    So now we can't wear certain clothes on a plan? Lol wtf is this man?

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by zzKurozz View Post
    So now we can't wear certain clothes on a plan? Lol wtf is this man?
    It is TSA. You thought normal cops where bad? These are rent a cop attitudes with actual authority inside the airport.

I never liked the show your underwear look but pat him down and be done with it lol.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    It is TSA. You thought normal cops where bad? These are rent a cop attitudes with actual authority inside the airport.

I never liked the show your underwear look but pat him down and be done with it lol.
    Freakin' A! Good thing I don't go on airplanes much. Haven't been on one since '04.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    It's owned by a company, so they can determine who flies and who doesn't based on whatever criteria they want. Wanna wear whatever you want, buy your own $#@!ing plane.

10. Likes Kwes likes this post
    Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Thinking about it if they made rules up for every tye of clothing the rule book would be ridiculously large.
    Last edited by keefy; 08-27-2012 at 04:47.

Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    It's owned by a company, so they can determine who flies and who doesn't based on whatever criteria they want. Wanna wear whatever you want, buy your own $#@!ing plane.
    I swear everytime i'm reading a article or something, F34R, i'm thinking one thing but it suddenly changes when i see you post.For example: I was like by god this a stupid thing but then you was like they own the plane they make there rules which now makes sense to me. I've learning from you. Anyways, i digress. If they don't like it they can use another flight but i agree that this a stupid thing to do. I believe if they are getting payed they can do whatever they want to but hey it's there plane.

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Elite Member
    Yeah that's just ridiculous. If it's not directly impacting the safety of the passengers, then any article of clothing should be fine. Yeah, the airline can set their rules and if you don't like it then you can fly with some other airline and blah blah blah, it's still $#@!ing stupid.

Point is, if an attractive girl is sporting ample cleavage, you bump her up to first class, not deny her entrance into the plane.
    Last edited by TRF; 08-27-2012 at 05:32.
    Thanks to Kwesnoth for the sig!

TheCinemaJack Movie Reviews!

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Knight View Post
    I swear everytime i'm reading a article or something, F34R, i'm thinking one thing but it suddenly changes when i see you post.For example: I was like by god this a stupid thing but then you was like they own the plane they make there rules which now makes sense to me. I've learning from you. Anyways, i digress. If they don't like it they can use another flight but i agree that this a stupid thing to do. I believe if they are getting payed they can do whatever they want to but hey it's there plane.
    I agree with all the complaining reasons. I don't like a lot of rules that are made up by a ton of companies. So instead of stress complaining about it, I take my business elsewhere.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    I hate airports enough as it is. Have to fly to and from uni at the start and end of every term. They really need to streamline the whole process.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    why, its just stupid. But again i am not saying this is in the states only,

I guess the states gets more attention, because its always in the news

Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I agree with all the complaining reasons. I don't like a lot of rules that are made up by a ton of companies. So instead of stress complaining about it, I take my business elsewhere.
    See that's i don't like either but i was going to be one sided but then i was like damn there's plenty of rules people don't whether it's at work, school, or made there gfs/wife. So i came to the conclusion just deal with it or take your money somewhere else because there other places that will dress how you want to. There's no use of complaining about it because it will not change.

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Thread Information