Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 167
  1. #101
    Appolyons
    Guest
    I dont want to misread what you wrote here, but I love how Sony fanboys try and insinuate a PS3 is faster than a top of the line PC. A PS3 is strong...no doubts...and it blows away most average to high end like their article said, but not top.

    Out of respect tho to whoever made this thread please lets get back on topic. I have many threads in the computer topic area where we can talk about this.

  2. #102
    Newbie
    NinjApe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    26
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Appolyons View Post
    No I do know what MMO is but after re-reading that I think it was in more response to what people had said before me. That statement was like at the beginning of this thread. Point is, they could make it MMO, they could just make it like it is now...multiplayer, or they could just do single player. By the way, the level of "fun" will be measured by what you can do with it. Personally I still have a few doubts if they keep it at the same type of gameplay. The way diablo is played now would not work all that great on a PS3 imo...we shall see.

    You say it would be nice for it to have multiplayer...I say its allllllmooooost a necesisty. Like I said before on this thread...if they make a PS3 version with just single player and then release it on the PC for multiplayer, guess what ninjape...the PC version will conquer the sales number.
    First of all my post didn't have anything to do with how it would run and play on PS3, I was just stating what a MMO was .
    But, you said that you don't think it will be any good on the PS3?
    I ask you, have you ever played Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance, or Champions Of Norrath for PS2?

    Some great Hack'Slash Games (that had stunning graphics on their time) only avaible on consoles. Champions even had multiplayer.
    So it has been done before.

    And of course diablo 2 as it plays NOW on the pc wouldn't play as well on the PS2, but that's because they made it for The PC to begin with. It could probably easily with some fixes and tweaking been ported over to the PS2 without much loss.
    Also note that Diablo 3 will probably be a whole lot different than 2, so i can't see how they wouldn't be able to get it to work on the PS3 as well as PC.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  3. #103
    Appolyons
    Guest
    I see them modifying it...but to be honest I just have a feeling its going to be similar to 1 and 2. The games you listed are great but there is one thing about them...their not Diablo. This game is a leading concept, I almost want to say groundbreaking...you cant compare those to this one. I see your point however on the gameplay. To that I still say...its not going to work well. You have too many spells, movement, chat, blah bleh bluh its been said before. Like I said tho in the post you quoted me from...we shall see.

    Itll be different from 2 thats for sure but how much different none of us really know. However if the same concepts are kept, I'm going to be very skeptical untill I see it first hand. By the way, you are correct with another concept, they were designed for the PC, I would add...I have no reason to believe why the 3rd one wont be also. This could just be an attempt by PS3 to port a hit title.

  4. #104
    Super Elite
    $_KD_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,352
    Rep Power
    68
    Points
    258 (0 Banked)
    hey people! what happend to the game starcraft:ghost?
    Human flesh2010 Laker Champs.

  5. #105
    Death Scythe
    Guest
    I think they renewing the game or something they may improved the game that's always what blizzard do to give us a spectacular game..

  6. #106
    Appolyons
    Guest
    Thanks for your brilliance. The picture is clearer now.

  7. #107
    Newbie
    GarbagePanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    81
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    I think it's fair to say that the myth is busted for this title coming to PS3 :P

  8. #108
    Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    26
    Posts
    132
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    125 (0 Banked)
    Not busted, plausible. Haven't you ever seen Mystbusters? PS3 will bring in some new gameplay on its own, so why would it be impossible to implement D3 like controls onto the PS3?

  9. #109
    Appolyons
    Guest
    Hey Dav...me and you have been in this thread the longest so I think you'll get what I am saying...looks like we just went 360 degrees. I sware we had this conversation in the beginning. Anyone who wants to hear that dispute should re-read the beginning.

  10. #110
    Apprentice

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    359
    Rep Power
    61
    Points
    3,734 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by GarbagePanda View Post
    ...but it really seems like they have lost the urge to produce any new content in the Diablo world...
    I think it seems they've lost the urge to produce anything that dosen't involve an orc stripping for a dark elf.

    I was never a big fan of warcraft, probably because I played it after Starcraft. I don't think any of Blizzard's big franchises would do well on a console because of the difference between controllers and keyboard/mouse combos.

  11. #111
    Appolyons
    Guest
    Good logic. I'm feeling you there.

  12. #112
    Apprentice

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    359
    Rep Power
    61
    Points
    3,734 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. prince View Post
    This sounds good but what will be the storyline now? Diablo, Mephisto and Baal are dead, including Andariel and other demons. What would they give now?
    That still leaves a few more brothers and possibly a sister. The family info came with the game's booklets.

    In place of the family Blizzard could use cults that worship the brothers in some form or they could go with a diablo prequel. I'm sure they could create an inventive story for the vizeri mages.

  13. #113
    Appolyons
    Guest
    Forgot about them...like I said tho...they can do anything. In the end, its whatever sounds the best.

  14. #114
    Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    26
    Posts
    132
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    125 (0 Banked)
    If by some miracle Diablo 3 did go to PS3, wouldn't it be sweet if they used the motion sensing of the controller? The possiblities are endless concerning the possible controls that can be implemented. So my argument stays the same.

  15. #115
    Forum Elder
    Kamahl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,785
    Rep Power
    65
    Points
    258 (0 Banked)
    Some of you talk like its gonna be a PS3 exclusive (if it does come out), if you dont like it on PS3, get the PC version, no need to complain because there's a PS3 version.

    I would get the PS3 version because i think its more fun to play on a console, the screen is bigger, and im not sure if my PC would handle it, even if it did, im sure it wouldnt look as good as it would on a PS3

  16. #116
    Newbie
    GarbagePanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    81
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    With the best of non biased attempts, I've attempted to layout the best way the PS3's interface could be to a game like this. Take note that it's based off of D2's current interface, which was leaps and bounds ahead of D1. The more they bring to the game, the more this would become obsolete, or get so jumbled that it would turn some people off from it.

    Whatever... It's all for fun
    I've split it up into a few modes. By holding some keys, it sets you to a diff mode, so that you can perform more actions without having to go to menu screens. The modes are as follows.

    Normal / Skill / Potion /

    Expanding further, some buttons will have additional functions (or no function all together), while viewing particular screens. This will mainly only apply to the Inventory screen.


    Direction Keys (Normal Mode): For movement in general. For character, and navigation through menus.

    X (Normal Mode): Attack (Left) (or skill) | Will pick up an item while in inventory | Will put points into skills, or stats. | Use item after picking up on inventory screen.

    O (Normal Mode): Attack (Right) (or skill) | Will "auto belt" potion that is highlighted.

    Triangle Key (Normal Mode): Skill Tree | While viewing an inventory window/skill-stat window/ Dialog window/Trade screen, it can be used to exit out.

    Square Key (Normal Mode): Item pickup/ NPC interact/ Open, or close, doors-chests. | Will drop an item if holding, while in inventory.

    L1 (Normal Mode): Sets you to (Belt Mode)
    L2 (Normal Mode): Weapon Switch
    R1 (Normal Mode): Party up / Hostile screen
    R2 (Normal Mode): Sets you to (Skill Mode)

    L3 (Normal Mode): ???
    R3 (Normal Mode): Open trade window between two players

    Left Analog Stick (Normal Mode): Moves a cursor on the screen starting from the origin of your player (center screen), for the placing of spells, and aiming of ranged skills. It can also be used to navigate over any screen, where the cursor will behave as a mouse would. If left stationary for 5 seconds, the cursor disappears from the screen, and will re-appear from the center, when the stick is moved again.

    Right Analog Stick (Normal Mode): ???

    Select : Menu select (Toggle through Character screen/Inventory/Quest/ and Skill trees)

    Start : Pause / Set up.

    The main idea behind the different modes of play would be to maximize the amount you can do while fighting. By holding the L1 button you are put in Potion Mode, which simply allows you to use belt items on the fly.

    Up for slot 1
    Right for slot 2
    Down for slot 3
    Left for slot 4

    While on the skill tree one could hold the R2 button (for Skill mode), and then bind the rest of the buttons to a particular skill. For instance, you would move to your fire tree, and highlight "Fireball". Then while holding R2, you could press X, and from then on out, while fighting, if you press R2+X, your right skill switches over to it.



    It's not a solid controller config, but in my opinion would be about the most efficiant way they could map things out for those that didn't have a Mouse/keyboard combo.

    It would still be foolishly slow compared to a Key/Mouse set up, but it could work. It would just have that silly D1 feel to it, and I think that would be back peddling as opposed to moving forward.


    I'm sure I've missed a few things here and there, and this was just a non biased attempt of speculation at what it could be like IF it were to happen.

  17. #117
    Appolyons
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamahl View Post
    Some of you talk like its gonna be a PS3 exclusive (if it does come out), if you dont like it on PS3, get the PC version, no need to complain because there's a PS3 version.

    I would get the PS3 version because i think its more fun to play on a console, the screen is bigger, and im not sure if my PC would handle it, even if it did, im sure it wouldnt look as good as it would on a PS3
    We're not talking like its going to be a PS3 exclusive...if it was I'd let you have the game out of sheer stupidity on Blizzards part. I dont think anyone here is complaining either...but thats imo.

    You might think its more fun to play on a consol but that could also be because you couldnt afford a system that can run it. If you ever had a half way decent PC, you'd know that a top end PC will crush your PS3 buddy...Nvidia just released a g80 card that can...well...this is neither here nor there, meet me in the computer section where we can duke this out if you wish.

    Garbage...first...anyone who takes the time you did to guess all the buttons like that deserves a pat on the back. I'm impressed.

    To add though, it proves my point that its just way too jumbled up. Simplicity is a key element and it is achieved best through a keyboard and mouse sometimes, however...I am PC biased.

  18. #118
    Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    26
    Posts
    132
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    125 (0 Banked)
    Well the PS3 does support keyboard and mouse dosen't it? Blizzard could use the controls that garbage said, then use another default setting for a keyboard and mouse. I think it could work.

  19. #119
    Apprentice

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    359
    Rep Power
    61
    Points
    3,734 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Davablio2000 View Post
    Well the PS3 does support keyboard and mouse dosen't it? Blizzard could use the controls that garbage said, then use another default setting for a keyboard and mouse. I think it could work.
    It could, but would people want to buy the keyboard and mouse just for Diablo 3 when they would just have to buy the game for pc?

    Also if it does go multiplatform you have to wonder if it will be too mature or esoteric for the wii.

    Just based upon personal experience I think if blizzard keeps the same hack-n-slash playing style that was in D2 I think it might be best left to the pc. However if it does get sent to a console I think it might be in blizzard's favor to adopt an oblivionesque control style. Frankly none of these comments matter much right now because the information on that site was pure speculation, it could be a new Diablo, Warcraft, or Starcraft.

  20. #120
    Appolyons
    Guest
    I agree with the first half of your comment Nyarlathotep. Using a keyboard and mouse for a consol in the first place is a ridiculous idea imo.

  21. #121
    Master Sage
    HellsJester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Alone in the Cold
    Posts
    13,641
    Rep Power
    115
    Points
    42,591 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
    It could, but would people want to buy the keyboard and mouse just for Diablo 3 when they would just have to buy the game for pc?

    Also if it does go multiplatform you have to wonder if it will be too mature or esoteric for the wii.

    Just based upon personal experience I think if blizzard keeps the same hack-n-slash playing style that was in D2 I think it might be best left to the pc. However if it does get sent to a console I think it might be in blizzard's favor to adopt an oblivionesque control style. Frankly none of these comments matter much right now because the information on that site was pure speculation, it could be a new Diablo, Warcraft, or Starcraft.
    Some people cant afford PCs that can run the game and I know alot of people that are buying a keyboard and mouse just for text messaging friends and web browsing on PS3.

  22. #122
    Appolyons
    Guest
    So dumb. But if thats how they want to make things work...more power to em.

  23. #123
    Newbie
    GarbagePanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    81
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    If you got enough money for a PS3, one could certainly put that money down on a decent computer at least

  24. #124
    Master Sage
    HellsJester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Alone in the Cold
    Posts
    13,641
    Rep Power
    115
    Points
    42,591 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by GarbagePanda View Post
    If you got enough money for a PS3, one could certainly put that money down on a decent computer at least
    Not really.
    In order to get a computer that runs games at PS3 or 360 level you would have to spend $2000+ on a PC.

  25. #125
    Appolyons
    Guest
    Hells is right on except I'd have to push that number up a little bit more...not that much higher though. While PS3 fanboys will complain how much money it is, you can also do much more on a pc than your PS3. Point is though, for gaming experiance, PS3 is bang for buck.

    Only problem is if you have your heart set on D3 your probably gonna have to get a new computer in the first place. Cant wait to see what Blizzard does.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Monthly Roundups for Xbox 360?
    By LegendaryArcturus in forum Forum Rules, Help & Feedback
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-20-2007, 01:33
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-02-2007, 18:39
  3. MP3 showdown!
    By Makaveli_786 in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 02-07-2007, 23:36
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-24-2006, 09:15
  5. The PSP Going To Destroy The World?
    By Deldwen in forum PlayStation Legacy
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-04-2006, 17:38

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.