Latest PSU headlines:

View Poll Results: Which version are you getting?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pokemon X - The X makes it sound cool!

11 37.93%
  • Pokemon Y - Y would you choose the other version?

10 34.48%
  • Both - I just looooove giving Nintendo my money

6 20.69%
  • Neither - I'm holding out for Pokemon "Dragonball" Z

2 6.90%
Page 49 of 61 FirstFirst ... 394959 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 1514
    Elite Member
    PSN ID
    LM-93
    Items Battlefield 3AppleAvenged SevenfoldEA SportsJoker (limited ICON)Metallica
    Cheapest place for either X or Y?! UK. I've just accidentally bought myself a 3DSXL for a treat :/

PSN: LM-93
    Lets Play!
    PS4.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    LM-93
    Ok scrap the last post I've just spent money on X, (hope that was the right choice?)
    Now help time though and I'd appreciate input from you guys!
    So I haven't played a Pokemon title since like gold I think! So I have no idea how many generations I've missed

What is drastically different? How many Pokemon are there? Any methods to make me successful after being distanced from the Pokemon universe for so long?

Best starter? Recommended Pokemon to train and have in your party early on?

Etc etc

Any advice is brilliant guys assume the Nintendo accounts and service for online play is free?
    Also do I need a memory card? Or is there enough memory in the system alone, does it even take one?

Lets Play!
    PS4.

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by LM-93 View Post
    Ok scrap the last post I've just spent money on X, (hope that was the right choice?)
    Now help time though and I'd appreciate input from you guys!
    So I haven't played a Pokemon title since like gold I think! So I have no idea how many generations I've missed
    Pokemon X and Y are the 6th generation. Gold, Silver and Crystal are 2nd.

What is drastically different?
    The game features 3D graphics, character models and environments, new Pokemon type, sky battles and hoarde encounters, customizable trainer appearance (contact lenses, hair color, clothing) ability to super-train and pet your Pokemon (increase their trainer appeal which makes them perform better in battles - higher evasion and chance to land criticals), trade and battle online. A lot while keeping the core gameplay alive.

How many Pokemon are there?
    69 new Pokemon, with three new mythical Pokemon yet to be distributed. Plenty of old Pokemon as well. A greater chance of catching all 700-some Pokemon when you trade online (via Player Search System, Global Trade System).

Any methods to make me successful after being distanced from the Pokemon universe for so long?
    The story is pretty easy. Just look into the different Pokemon type advantages and disadvantages on Bulbapedia though because some of it is surprising (e.g. Fairy-type being immune to Dragon moves and Dragon-type being weak against Ice).

Best starter? Recommended Pokemon to train and have in your party early on?
    I started with Froakie and later chose Charmander from the professor. But it's your decision and no wrong one, really. As long as you're having fun.

assume the Nintendo accounts and service for online play is free?
    Yes, it's free. You can also download Pokemon Bank from the eShop for a 30-day free trial and get a free Celebi.

Also do I need a memory card? Or is there enough memory in the system alone, does it even take one?
    The 3DS XL comes with enough memory. My copy of Pokemon X is digital and occupies 13,799 blocks including the update which you can find on the eShop which is 233 blocks, upgrading your game to version 1.2 and fixes a save bug in the game's biggest city. If your game is already version 1.2 then you're all good.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 02-17-2014 at 20:17.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    LM-93
    Awesome Black, cheers man!
    700 Pokemon now? Damn
    How many are available in X?
    As I recall in certain versions like red/blue etc only certain Pokemon appear in one game, and not the other, and vice versa.
    With 700 Pokemon now I assume there is a fair bit of that?
    Also are the other regions available after completing the main story of Pokemon master elite four etc
    Seem to remember being able to do that in gold after finishing johto, wouldn't surprise me if I'm imagining that though
    Thanks for the help though, it should arrive tomorrow or Wednesday!

Lets Play!
    PS4.

Ultimate Veteran
    Awesome Black, cheers man!
    700 Pokemon now? Damn
    How many are available in X?
    As I recall in certain versions like red/blue etc only certain Pokemon appear in one game, and not the other, and vice versa.
    With 700 Pokemon now I assume there is a fair bit of that?
    Both games have 20 version exclusive Pokemon, including Xerneas for X and Yveltal for Y obviously. Like I said, there are 69 new Pokemon and some more from previous generations. I'd have look up the total number on my Pokedex but as an example, I've caught 393 Pokemon and seen 501 Pokemon at this time.

Also are the other regions available after completing the main story of Pokemon master elite four etc
    Seem to remember being able to do that in gold after finishing johto, wouldn't surprise me if I'm imagining that though
    You can visit a place called Kiloude City after beating the Elite Four which has a Friend Safari and Battle Maison where you can continue battling NPCs for points used to buy moves or items (like rare candy or both evolutionary items for Porygon). Your rival will also ask to battle you if you talk to him/her north of the city.

There is a train station platform in one of the towns that you can't ride. It might have something to do with the three mythical Pokemon yet to be distributed. Or it's just there to create the illusion of being part of a larger world.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 02-17-2014 at 22:23.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    I chose my starter based on what legendary bird I wanted.
    If you choose Fennekin you can catch Zapdos, I don't recall what it is for the other two. It's super easy to get the other two starters via GTS (I've gotten many, though not many squirtles and bulbasaurs)

Could possibly help you out with the gen 1/gen 6 starters, if you wanted. Currently in a "dungeon" so give me a bit to fly to the daycare and breed. (Just tell me what Gen 6 and Gen 1 starter you are planning to choose)

In other news:
    I'm having difficulties balancing my party. Having a hard time choosing a pokemon I "need" over a pokemon I "want".

Sig&Av by Kuro

Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Ultimate Veteran
    Froakie got me Moltres and Chespin would get you Articuno.

Also, LM-93, you should post your friend code in the Nintendo 3DS sticky so we can add each other. When you beat the game and travel to Kiloude City, you can check the Friend Safari for more Pokemon. My safari is a fire-type so you will find a Growlithe and Ninetails to catch. If you have a friend who doesn't own X or Y they will also have a safari for you to catch two different Pokemon.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 02-18-2014 at 06:05.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    LM-93
    Quote Originally Posted by Black View Post
    Froakie got me Moltres and Chespin would get you Articuno.

Also, LM-93, you should post your friend code in the Nintendo 3DS sticky so we can add each other. When you beat the game and travel to Kiloude City, you can check the Friend Safari for more Pokemon. My safari is a fire-type so you will find a Growlithe and Ninetails to catch. If you have a friend who doesn't own X or Y they will also have a safari for you to catch two different Pokemon.
    Oh right awesome, thank you!
    That's a really nice touch having the safari for people who don't own the game, are the two pokemon randomly generated in that case?
    And this is upon completion of the game?

Gonna be such a drag this game, knowing I'm gonna counter in excess of 400 Pokemon that I've never ever seen
    And having to learn their types!
    Oh dear.

As for the 1-6 starters I only know the first two generation ones haha!

Lets Play!
    PS4.

Ultimate Veteran
    Oh right awesome, thank you!
    That's a really nice touch having the safari for people who don't own the game, are the two pokemon randomly generated in that case?
    It's random for everyone. There is a downside to exploring your friend's safari if he/she doesn't own the game in that they would need to beat the Elite Four to enter the Hall of Fame and then you both need to be online at the same time so you can see the third Pokemon in their safari.

And this is upon completion of the game?
    Yes.

The only Pokemon I didn't bother catching in a friend's safari was a Metang since it appeared impossible to stay down. Some players will breed Pokemon to trade so I ended up getting its pre-evolved form, Beldum, from a stranger.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 02-18-2014 at 14:26.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    LM-93
    Awesome! I'm eagerly anticipating this delivery! I hope it comes today.
    It's scary after browsing Wikipedia last night; knowing about 200 Pokemon and there now being 716 haha. This will be a fairly big learning curve.

Lets Play!
    PS4.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Awesome! I'm eagerly anticipating this delivery! I hope it comes today.
    It's scary after browsing Wikipedia last night; knowing about 200 Pokemon and there now being 716 haha. This will be a fairly big learning curve.
    Oh there is. Pokemon Crystal was the last one I played before this, and now there are 467 Pokemon I never saw before. Add in new types, and seems pokemon immune to other types is new (for me)/more common now (used Psychic three times on a Houndoom once before I noticed it's immune )

It's fun though. I've got about 80 Pokemon in each region, seen 304 (Not counting the two/three boxes of "???" Pokemon I have), and I'm FINALLY on my way to the eight Gym (After 80 hours spent on breeding, catching, and other $#@!. 3DS Battery doesnt last long enough for me it feels like. )

Sig&Av by Kuro

PS4 Preorders:

PSN

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    LM-93
    I've just started, just exiting the first forest with a party of;
    Level 11 Fennekin
    Level 4 Fletchling, Panpour, Pansage and Pansear.
    And a Level 3 Pikachu.

Lets Play!
    PS4.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Should be a Pidgey around there too. What's your 3DS Friend Code? Mine is in my Signature.

Do you want me to breed you a Chespin and Froakie after my 3DS charges? Could also breed you the other two gen 1 starters if you tell me which one you'll be getting. (I'll even infect one, or all, with Pokerus - which essentially makes the Pokemon stronger. I got a few "spare" pokemon tucked in the PC with this to infect new ones.)

Sig&Av by Kuro

PS4 Preorders:

PSN

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    LM-93

Pokmon Official Discussion Thread - X and Y

Problem!
    Took the fire starter Pokemon
    And now I'm being offered charmander bulbasaur or squirtle!

I want Charizard so so much. But then it won't have a water or grass type to have a balanced team!
    I hate Pokemon choices haha.
    Last edited by LM-93; 02-19-2014 at 15:28.

Lets Play!
    PS4.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Problem!
    Took the fire starter Pokemon
    And now I'm being offered charmander bulbasaur or squirtle!

I want Charizard so so much. But then it won't have a water or grass type to have a balanced team!
    I hate Pokemon choices haha.
    Give me your friend code and I'll breed you the water/grass ones.

I chose the fire types too, I'm kind of left in that "Half my party is freaking Fire" bubble since "like" is taking over "need" still.

Sig&Av by Kuro

PS4 Preorders:

PSN

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    LM-93

Pokmon Official Discussion Thread - X and Y

Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    Give me your friend code and I'll breed you the water/grass ones.

I chose the fire types too, I'm kind of left in that "Half my party is freaking Fire" bubble since "like" is taking over "need" still.
    oh Fenix that's pretty awesome of you! In that case I think I'll take the Squirtle from the professor right now because I'll need that the most immediately I imagine and then trade other starters with you whenever
    I can't see your sig I'm on tapatalk
    My code though is: 3196-4855-4180

Also I can't connect online on the 3DS whilst Pokemon is running and I can't connect to the Pokemon internet features due to needing an update.
    The only Nintendos I'm used are is the retro things not one with internet connectivity; and I find the interface quite messy! How do I get it all sorted?

Edit: $#@! I didn't realise I would receive the mega stone thing too, not I can't get that Charizard evolution can I?
    Oh well haha
    Last edited by LM-93; 02-19-2014 at 15:33.

Lets Play!
    PS4.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    oh Fenix that's pretty awesome of you! In that case I think I'll take the Squirtle from the professor right now because I'll need that the most immediately I imagine and then trade other starters with you whenever
    I can't see your sig I'm on tapatalk
    My code though is: 3196-4855-4180

Also I can't connect online on the 3DS whilst Pokemon is running and I can't connect to the Pokemon internet features due to needing an update.
    The only Nintendos I'm used are is the retro things not one with internet connectivity; and I find the interface quite messy! How do I get it all sorted?

Edit: $#@! I didn't realise I would receive the mega stone thing too, not I can't get that Charizard evolution can I?
    Oh well haha
    .. sadly. I haven't looked into how to get all those stones yet, but at least Mega Blastoise looks pretty cool. Go on the eshop and there is a Pokemon X update there you can download, since i assume you havent done that yet.

Working on breeding now, and thankfully I did the Gen 6 starters first - You'll need to catch/give up four random Pokemon so we can swap.

Sig&Av by Kuro

PS4 Preorders:

PSN

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    LM-93
    Anything early on you missed? Seeing as though I'm down here I could try and make this a little more worth your while than outright generosity!

Lets Play!
    PS4.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Anything early on you missed? Seeing as though I'm down here I could try and make this a little more worth your while than outright generosity!
    Not missed em but I plan to get one of each (Not sure why I want to, perhaps I'm retarded?) but pretty much anything from Route 2 or Santalune Forest would save me time later.

It's no problem though, Rob has sent me like 100 Pokemon and I haven't sent him $#@!. Makes me feel like crap but he doesn't seem to mind.

Also semi-good news, I found this about the other two Gen 1 starter mega stones:
    Stone Emporium A specialty shop that sells evolutionary stones. A man in the store will offer to sell the player the remaining Mega Stones for the two Kanto starter Pokmon they did not receive from Professor Sycamore. The prices of the Mega Stones begin at 1,000,000, but they decrease, depending on the player's stylishness. From the initial 1,000,000, the price drops to 500,000, 300,000, 150,000, 100,000, 70,000, 50,000, and finally 10,000. Once the player buys the first Mega Stone, the man will not offer the second Mega Stone until after the player has defeated the Elite Four.
    Not sure what being stylish means but at least we have the change to get the stones!

Sig&Av by Kuro

PS4 Preorders:

PSN

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    You'll eventually get all of the starters in the game. When you beat the game, Shaula will trade you one for any thing. The rest, well...you can ask me any time if you want any thing. Just need a bread cause of a cold I have and I can't think properly lol.

3DS: 4613-6960-4293

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Going to keep this here:

RBY: Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo, Mew

GSC: Suicune, Entei, Raikou, Lugia, Ho-oH, Celebi.

RSE: RegiRock, RegiIce, RegiSteel, Groudon (Ruby Exclusive), Kyogre (Sapphire Exclusive), Rayquaza, Latios (Ruby Exclusive), Latias (Sapphire Exclusive), Deoxys, Jirachi.

DPP: Dialga (Diamond Exclusive), Palkia (Pearl Exclusive), Azelf, Uxie, Mesprit, Heatran, Giratina, Cresselia, Darkrai, Shaymin, RegiGigas, and Arceus.

BWB2W2: Reshiram (White/2 Exclusive), Zekrom (Black/2 Exclusive), Kyurem, Victini, Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, Keldeo, Tornadus (Black Exclusive), Landorus, Thundorus (White Exclusive), Meloetta, Genesect.

*Tornadus, Thundorus, and Landorus are available from DreamRadar for Black 2 and White 2.

*Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Lugia and Ho-Oh are available from DreamRadar as well if you have the copy of their exclusive covers.

Returning In-game Legends:

SoulSilver&HeartGold: Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Rayquaza, Groudon (SoulSilver Exclusive), Kyorgre (HeartGold Exclusive).

Black2&White2: Latios (Black 2), Latias (White 2), Creselia, Heatran, RegiGigas, Reshiram (White 2), Zekrom (Black 2), RegiRock, RegiIce (White 2), RegiSteel (Black 2), Mesprit, Uxie, Azelf and Kyurem.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Oh yeah, forgot Shauna will give you a Chespin near the end of the game since you picked Fennekin.

Alright. Froakie, Charmander, Chespin - which I accidentally leveled to 4- and Bulbasaur have been bred. The latter two have Pokerus. Let me know when you have four Pokemon you don't need, you add my friend code, and we can trade.

In other news I finally managed to kick out a fire-type from my party - which was sadly Delphox - and made it the following:
    lvl 50 Xerneas (Fairy)
    lvl 57 Charizard (Fire/Flying)
    lvl 59 Lucario (Fighting/Steel)
    lvl 59 Mew (Psychic)
    lvl 61 Chesnaught (Grass/Fighting)
    lvl 62 Blaziken (Fire/Fighting)
    I find it funny I went from half my party is fire, to half my party is part fighting. I need to swap Charizard for Greninja but I just can't do it..

I also got curious how I'm doing Kalo Pokedex wise since I last noted in this thread:
    On 01-11-2014 I had:
    Central - Seen: 77, Caught: 64 (83.12%)
    Coastal - Seen: 23, Caught: 22 (96.66%)

Today:
    Central - Seen: 125, Caught: 79 (63.2%)
    Coastal - Seen: 104, Caught: 73 (70.20%)
    Mountain - Seen: 74, Caught: 62 (83.79%)
    I've caught 29.81% of the total Pokemon available, and that doesnt count all my "???" Pokemon. Currently at 84.2 hours played and it looks like I got many more to go..

Sig&Av by Kuro

PS4 Preorders:

PSN

Ultimate Veteran
    What are your Pokedex stats, Rob? I'm at 393 caught, 501 seen.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Black View Post
    What are your Pokedex stats, Rob? I'm at 393 caught, 501 seen.

I have seen 554 and caught 473. I could sky rocket that the moment, the only thing I'm missing to finish are the item evolution Pokemon. Kingdra, Tangela, Vileplume/ Bolossom etc. I got myself an Umbreon recently and now waiting until Game Freak decides to released the other Eevee form that hasn't been announced.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by robvandam111 View Post
    I have seen 554 and caught 473. I could sky rocket that the moment, the only thing I'm missing to finish are the item evolution Pokemon. Kingdra, Tangela, Vileplume/ Bolossom etc. I got myself an Umbreon recently and now waiting until Game Freak decides to released the other Eevee form that hasn't been announced.
    I can trade you Vileplume and Bellossom right now.

Thread Information