View Poll Results: Which version are you getting?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pokemon X - The X makes it sound cool!

11 37.93%
  • Pokemon Y - Y would you choose the other version?

10 34.48%
  • Both - I just looooove giving Nintendo my money

6 20.69%
  • Neither - I'm holding out for Pokemon "Dragonball" Z

2 6.90%
Page 1 of 59 111 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style

Pokémon Official Discussion Thread - X and Y

I've always loved Pokemon and I've had all the original ones. I watched all of the original episodes and I know there's a handful of Pokemon fans here and I would just like to discuss Pokemon, characters, games, upcoming games etc.

Official boxart for X and Y:

Official gameplay trailers:

Official art and screenshots:

Last edited by Metal King Slime; 06-14-2013 at 18:57.

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Man I lve Pokemon brings back great memories. 1st,2!nd,and 3rd were my fav gens. Not really feeling black and white but I did play it and beat it.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by zzKurozz View Post
    Man I lve Pokemon brings back great memories. 1st,2!nd,and 3rd were my fav gens. Not really feeling black and white but I did play it and beat it.

What the best gens ever. Who's your favorite poke'mon? I haven't around to black and white but i hate how they switched to mostly dragon pokemon.

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Knight View Post
    What the best gens ever. Who's your favorite poke'mon? I haven't around to black and white but i hate how they switched to mostly dragon pokemon.
    Imo Second Gen. My favorite Pokemon lets see I'm a huge fire/dragon type fan. It's a split between Blazek, Charizard and Garchomp. I just thought Black and White half assed the Pokemon I mean oshawott looks like a torchic and piplup, and squirtlr lol.

‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Master Guru
    Imo Second Gen. My favorite Pokemon lets see I'm a huge fire/dragon type fan. It's a split between Blazek, Charizard and Garchomp. I just thought Black and White half assed the Pokemon I mean oshawott ooks like a torchic and piplup, and squirtlr lol.
    Blaziken is bad a$$ He's like a hitmonlee mixed with a fire pokemon. I think they didn't put enough thought into them but most people will say we're stuck in the past with the old poke'mon
    @bbtman I did the same thing but with soul silver. My fergalitor destroyed the elite 4. I didn't even need no other ones. Overpowered poke'mon FTW
    Last edited by Silvy; 08-27-2012 at 20:26.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Best Gen is the fIrst gen! I went to a nintendo event they were doing across the control and was in a couple tourneys lol

After the first Gen I didn't play anymore

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    Best Gen is the fIrst gen! I went to a nintendo event they were doing across the control and was in a couple tourneys lol

After the first Gen I didn't play anymore

I played for about 3 generations but i didn't like too much afterwards. I wish they would go ahead and remake the other games like they did silver and gold. Where the hell are the blurays of pokemon to? They should've been done that but they did release a blu ray with 2 movies on it. That was in 2012 so they might start doing.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    1st Gen FTW! I just recently replayed my Gameboy advanced Poke'mon Yellow. My charizard was so powerful i beat the elite 4 with him alone. Also managed to get mewtwo this time around who is pretty damn powerful. I was always a fan of the psychic types.

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    I started college and left the pokemon world and retired my Pokemon Master status lmao....I got to find that pikachu picture I got ill post it when I do lol I was 16 in the picture

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    I started college and left the pokemon world and retired my Pokemon Master status lmao....I got to find that pikachu picture I got ill post it when I do lol I was 16 in the picture

LOl i would to see it. Retired? No one ever retires. Didn't you know in college it's all about COD and Poke'mon?

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    I'd love a remake for hoenn. Lol it's my second fave.
    I used to be so into the games max lvl my faves mainly(fire/dragon and electic)and collecting "shiny" Pokemon. Gotta find my heart gold I had a $#@!load on it
    Think I'm still rockin Red version somewhere. Man yellow was the $#@! getting all starters..Badass

Master Guru
    I'd love a remake for hoenn. Lol it's my second fave.
    I used to be so into the games max lvl my faves mainly(fire/dragon and electic)and collecting "shiny" Pokemon. Gotta find my heart gold I had a $#@!load on it
    Think I'm still rockin Red version somewhere. Man yellow was the $#@! getting all starters..Badass
    I like on yellow pikachu walked with you but damn it was weak forever. One day i'm going buy them all sealed. It's gonna be costly!

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Everyone of them sealed?! Damn lol good luck Solver.

Master Guru
    Everyone of them sealed?! Damn lol good luck Solver.
    If i wanted to i could buy everyone of them sealed right now but i have to pay the rest of my house off with this money There all on ebay and amazon for about 200 or either 400.

@Boy, i didn't know you was a poke'mon fan to be honest with you. I loved silver the best to because you do a lot in the game. I love water pokemon the best also. Lapras, blastoise,lugia, etc. The second best is fire or either physic.You should go ahead and buy one because they have silver and heart gold, bro, and that justify the purchase. Then we can play. i'm a pokemon master!!!

Forum Sage
    Massive Pokemon fan! I've played all of the Gameboy/DS irritations of the game as well as Colosseum on the Gamecube! I usually ALWAYS start with a water type (First time i ever started without a water type was with White and i went for the grass type, i regretted it, Snivy ended up in my box once she had reached maximum level) not sure why but I always feel compelled to start with them, even on new play throughs!

I always like to keep some of the first Pokemon i catch atleast until i beat the elite four (Pidgey always cements itself into my team) so i never end up using many of the ones i catch other than the types i like . I'm a bit of a grinder too, i'll try and keep all my pokemon within a 5 levels of each other, nothing worse than having one over powered Pokemon and the rest all $#@!. I made that mistake when playing Yellow for the first time, going through Mount Moon for the first time with a very strong electric pokemon and not much else, and facing brock for that matter as well, that taught me to keep them all the same level, ha.

Overall i think my favourite one was Silver, i've probably played that one the most out of all of them. Going back to Kanto and being able to beat all of the other Gym leaders and go on to find Blue and beat him and his champion team. I was in ecstasy when i first played that, many many many years ago! White was a damn good effort and i really enjoyed it, quite looking forward to the new released made for the 3DS, I'm waiting to buy one for that very game!

edit: When i say Snivy reached maximum level i mean fully evolved to her final form, think she was in the box before she was l40
    Last edited by BBK..; 08-27-2012 at 21:18.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    I actually really enjoyed colliseum and XD on the GameCube they were really fun especially the first one.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Oh alright man cool.. If I can find my Heart Gold I'd play you guys.

Master Guru
    Oh alright man cool.. If I can find my Heart Gold I'd play you guys.
    Woooo i need someone to trade with, bro. Blaziken if you have one would be nice.

Forum Sage
    Yeah man, i can't get enough of them. Easily one of my favourite franchises!

Yeah I like those ones, I always preferred Lugia to Ho-Oh, didn't like his fancy tail feathers I have a lot of time for Psychic, always handy to have one in your team. I'm really fond of Dragon, Ghost, Normal, Dark and Flying, though Poison can come in handy too. I've got a Chansey that i essentially used as a tank, It's about l80 but it has upwards of 500hp, love using that thing. I can't remember if it's on my save on Pearl or White though, think i may have swapped it on to White.

I really do want to get one soon, i had some good Pokemon on my White (all the legendary dogs, Celebi, Mewtwo, maybe a Mew and quite a few other legendary ones) If i can find one cheap over the weekend i may treat myself to one!

edit: Black/White 2 are available on the 12th of October, i'll have one before that is released!
    Last edited by BBK..; 08-27-2012 at 21:41.

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    Yeah man, i can't get enough of them. Easily one of my favourite franchises!

Yeah I like those ones, I always preferred Lugia to Ho-Oh, didn't like his fancy tail feathers I have a lot of time for Psychic, always handy to have one in your team. I'm really fond of Dragon, Ghost, Normal, Dark and Flying, though Poison can come in handy too. I've got a Chansey that i essentially used as a tank, It's about l80 but it has upwards of 500hp, love using that thing. I can't remember if it's on my save on Pearl or White though, think i may have swapped it on to White.

I really do want to get one soon, i had some good Pokemon on my White (all the legendary dogs, Celebi, Mewtwo, maybe a Mew and quite a few other legendary ones) If i can find one cheap over the weekend i may treat myself to one!

edit: Black/White 2 are available on the 12th of October, i'll have one before that is released!
    How are you going to get it early? Someone breaks street dates? Also, there actually legendary cats instead of dogs. I've done some research on this and it adds up although they are told to be dogs in silver. Lastly, you need to treat yourself because 3ds is epic.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Knight View Post
    How are you going to get it early? Someone breaks street dates? Also, there actually legendary cats instead of dogs. I've done some research on this and it adds up although they are told to be dogs in silver. Lastly, you need to treat yourself because 3ds is epic.
    I mean i'll have a 3DS before the games are released. I don't know any shops that sale games early, if i get it posted a day early i count myself lucky!
    They're cats? Really? news to me Yeah i'm looking up bundles now (3DS+SMB2 for Ł150 what seems damn good) but I also want to buy GW2 and CS:GO as well as a few tickets for some live music coming up. Need to prioritise haha... It is mighty tempting though

edit: just found the bundle for Ł130 somewhere else. Oh dear...
    Last edited by BBK..; 08-27-2012 at 21:54.

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    I mean i'll have a 3DS before the games are released. I don't know any shops that sale games early, if i get it posted a day early i count myself lucky!
    They're cats? Really? news to me Yeah i'm looking up bundles now (3DS+SMB2 for Ł150 what seems damn good) but I also want to buy GW2 and CS:GO as well as a few tickets for some live music coming up. Need to prioritise haha... It is mighty tempting though

edit: just found the bundle for Ł130 somewhere else. Oh dear...
    Do it,man, it's a steal. I wanna see you in the "recently purchase picture thread"
    Man, on my silver he's weak because after you beat the game oak will give you a choice between charmander,squirtle, and bulbasaur and i haven't been playing after i beat it.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Thats Bulbasaur. Nice Modelling!

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Lol I think I have a couple. Just gotta find the game. I know it's somewhere in the house.
    Damn I missed my team
    Charizard,Blazeken,Espeon,Jolteon,Sceptile,and Salamence. That was my all star team.
    Might get that BW2.

Master Guru
    Lol I think I have a couple. Just gotta find the game. I know it's somewhere in the house.
    Damn I missed my team
    Charizard,Blazeken,Espeon,Jolteon,Sceptile,and Salamence. That was my all star team.
    Might get that BW2.
    That's a good team and charizard is must for my team. It makes me wanna buy the first three seasons for less than a hundred dollars on amazon.

Thread Information