View Poll Results: Which version are you getting?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pokemon X - The X makes it sound cool!

11 37.93%
  • Pokemon Y - Y would you choose the other version?

10 34.48%
  • Both - I just looooove giving Nintendo my money

6 20.69%
  • Neither - I'm holding out for Pokemon "Dragonball" Z

2 6.90%
Page 31 of 61 FirstFirst ... 213141 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    I am getting X or Y, but I don't understand why Nintendo always makes more than one version of the same game. I wish they would put ALL the pokemon in one game.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    I am getting X or Y, but I don't understand why Nintendo always makes more than one version of the same game. I wish they would put ALL the pokemon in one game.

To make it more similar to the show. Meet people, make trades etc. It's all part of the game. When you begin playing the game, you'll see its really wonderful how to complete the pokedex if you're planning to catch them all.

Update: I just got a Charmander from the Wonder Trade, anyone interested? I got a Fennekin as well. i'm looking for a Squirtle.

3DS: 4613-6960-4293

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by robvandam111 View Post
    To make it more similar to the show. Meet people, make trades etc. It's all part of the game. When you begin playing the game, you'll see its really wonderful how to complete the pokedex if you're planning to catch them all.

Update: I just got a Charmander from the Wonder Trade, anyone interested? I got a Fennekin as well. i'm looking for a Squirtle.
    Thank you for explaining that for me. Whenever I play pokemon, I hardly am interested in completing the pokedex. I just like to battle and enjoy the story.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    Thank you for explaining that for me. Whenever I play pokemon, I hardly am interested in completing the pokedex. I just like to battle and enjoy the story.

Me too, although sometimes its like, oh what the heck lol. There's a lot of content in X & Y, so you'll be full. There's a lot more to understand in these games when it comes to development, now its just just leveling them but to train them for some extra features if you want them to be really strong. I'm still having kind of a hard time understanding it because I'm just a regular player leveling them or make them stronger by holding a weapon like the old days.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    ordered y yesterday

6. Likes robvandam111 likes this post
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    My Friend Code:

4613-6960-4293

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim

I would friend you but I'll be using my little brother's 3DS so I can't

Now lay on me all the pokemon team suggestions. I went froakie since you get a free torchic anyway

9. Likes robvandam111 likes this post
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post

I would friend you but I'll be using my little brother's 3DS so I can't

Now lay on me all the pokemon team suggestions. I went froakie since you get a free torchic anyway
    You'll also be allowed to get a Kanto Starter as well, people are breeding every starter in the game so you'll have chance to have them all. Don't want to spoil it but you'll also get another one after you beat the Elite Four depending on your first starter. Enjoy the game.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    So it's safe to say I've gotten slightly addicted to this game. My current party:

Lvl. 56 Chesnaught
    Lvl. 52 Haxorus
    Lvl. 50 Pidgeot
    Lvl. 54 Charizard
    Lvl. 48 Raichu
    Lvl. 53 Azumarill

Just managed to trade someone for a Gastly too, want to evolve it into a Gengar. Got some Gengarite and want to try out it's Mega form!
    Last edited by Dave-The-Rave; 10-22-2013 at 03:59.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    If anything, you can find wild Haunters near the Victory Road at level 58. Just got Mewtwo and Zygarde.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    If anything, you can find wild Haunters near the Victory Road at level 58. Just got Mewtwo and Zygarde.
    I'm a bit OCD when it comes to the Pokedex though, and I want to raise my Gengar from a Gastly so I have full control over it. I raised my Azumarril from an Azurril which required high friendship to evolve into Marril. Couple that with the Return attack that gets stronger with friendship and my Azumarril is a BEAST!
    Trophy-licious!

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    I'm a bit OCD when it comes to the Pokedex though, and I want to raise my Gengar from a Gastly so I have full control over it. I raised my Azumarril from an Azurril which required high friendship to evolve into Marril. Couple that with the Return attack that gets stronger with friendship and my Azumarril is a BEAST!
    That's definitely cool. I'm kind of unfamiliar how the nature thing works. I know what it is but how do other players know what attracts or EVs it gains from its respetive nature and sort.

Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    Had a little break from this game to play some Dragons Crown and Arkham Origins, both of which are pretty awesome, went back on Y tonight and beat the elite four and caught Mewtwo, I've always wanted one of those

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    I'm taking a small break too, the other good thing about getting a 3DS is that I finally get to play a Zelda game! Picked up Ocarina of Time 3D for cheap preowned. ...also the previous owner didn't register their copy, so more Club Nintendo points for me.
    Trophy-licious!

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    I'm trying to chase a legendary bird, when ever I end up going to the route that's currently located and it just moves on to another route according to my pokedex.

Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    I'm trying to chase a legendary bird, when ever I end up going to the route that's currently located and it just moves on to another route according to my pokedex.
    yeah you have to encounter it 10 times and then finally it will go to a cave and you can catch it there

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    yeah you have to encounter it 10 times and then finally it will go to a cave and you can catch it there

So far, I have only seen it three times. It's really annoying finding the route location but the moment you get there its already at another route lol.

Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    So far, I have only seen it three times. It's really annoying finding the route location but the moment you get there its already at another route lol.
    yeah that is frustrating lol, sometimes i travel around randomly and it eventually ends up on the same route as you

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    So I'm getting my 3DS on the 22nd (the Zelda 3DS XL), and I ended up getting Pokemon X now since I saved the tax getting it now. (And doubt it'll go on sale before the 22nd)

I see that you get a "new" starter, and an "old" starter, plus Torchic. Would I be hurting myself getting 3 Fire types?

Fennekin cause it looks cool, and it will allow me to catch Zapdos Later.
    Charmander cause hes badass,
    and Torchic cause its free.

How $#@!ed will that make me in the start game? lol

Sig&Av by Kuro

Preorders:
    FarCry4DragonAge3DyingLightOrder1886Witcher3Batman:AKUncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    So I'm getting my 3DS on the 22nd (the Zelda 3DS XL), and I ended up getting Pokemon X now since I saved the tax getting it now. (And doubt it'll go on sale before the 22nd)

I see that you get a "new" starter, and an "old" starter, plus Torchic. Would I be hurting myself getting 3 Fire types?

Fennekin cause it looks cool, and it will allow me to catch Zapdos Later.
    Charmander cause hes badass,
    and Torchic cause its free.

How $#@!ed will that make me in the start game? lol
    And depending which starter you choose, you'll also end up getting another after beating the game lol.

I ended up getting all three on my party, the biggest problem I ended up with was the moment I got to the Elite Four. I'd recommend an electrical type. Also, I'd recommend having Fennekin and keeping Torchic although I'm using more Charizard and Blaziken. I ended up getting a Squirtle via trading, so that made Blastoise my water type in my party.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    And depending which starter you choose, you'll also end up getting another after beating the game lol.

I ended up getting all three on my party, the biggest problem I ended up with was the moment I got to the Elite Four. I'd recommend an electrical type. Also, I'd recommend having Fennekin and keeping Torchic although I'm using more Charizard and Blaziken. I ended up getting a Squirtle via trading, so that made Blastoise my water type in my party.
    So starting out with 3 fire types wont hurt me too much at the start? (Zapdos is my favourite of the three legendary birds so Fennekin is a must, and Charmander.. how could I NOT get him? lol)

Sig&Av by Kuro

Preorders:
    FarCry4DragonAge3DyingLightOrder1886Witcher3Batman:AKUncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    So starting out with 3 fire types wont hurt me too much at the start? (Zapdos is my favourite of the three legendary birds so Fennekin is a must, and Charmander.. how could I NOT get him? lol)

It won't hurt. Unless if you're going to get on the online battles. If you want Zapdos, then go ahead and choose Fennekin. Just make sure you'll be ready for the Elite 4 in the end. Their types, Water, Dragon, Steel and Fire. Torchic is going to help a lot since its also a fighting type.

I'm still chasing Zapdos...

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    I'm surprised how early the game gives you the Legendary Pokemon! Before you even finish all of the gyms. I thought it would be an end game quest. Though my battle with Yvetal was such an anti-climax..I just threw a Quick Ball.

Also, Team Flare have got to be the stupidest Pokemon villains ever. They look stupid (For some reason they thnk they look great) and their reason for being the villains is to destroy the world to make it "beautiful"...which makes absolutely no sense! Bring back Team Rocket!
    Trophy-licious!

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    I'm surprised how early the game gives you the Legendary Pokemon! Before you even finish all of the gyms. I thought it would be an end game quest. Though my battle with Yvetal was such an anti-climax..I just threw a Quick Ball.

Also, Team Flare have got to be the stupidest Pokemon villains ever. They look stupid (For some reason they thnk they look great) and their reason for being the villains is to destroy the world to make it "beautiful"...which makes absolutely no sense! Bring back Team Rocket!
    I believe you can get Articuno and Zapdos really early in the game in Blue & Red. Atleast, its part of the storyline. I don't remember much about Diamond and Pearl but in Ruby and Sapphire its kind of the same when you're looking for Kyrogue and Groudon.

Just got Zapdos today, damn...it was annoying.

PSN ID
    amazingpupil
    I'm planning on trading my current 6 over to my friend (I beat the Elite 4 with them) and starting over with a new team. And then trading my others back to mix and match.

Thread Information